Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #2041
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
He has a sash for all his merit badges. Scouts covers the patches so we don't have to pay. I have been trying to keep everything so when he reaches Eagle Scout I will be ready! They have a display board at the ceremonies we have been to.

I really wanted to go to the afternoon field trip. It was to the National Park in Lowell, there are mills, a barge, etc. I know I could go any time, I think I will make it a goal to get there this summer. For years I drove past Shaker Village on the way to my parents cottage I finally went in 2 years ago. It was so cool. The kids were a little bored though.

I am looking at a Disney cruise for next year, they are going to start going out of New York.
They are going to Alaska out of Seattle too. DH wants to go on an Alaska cruise. Maybe next year he, he, he!
Crafting When We Can
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #2042
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducki View Post
ok guys honest opinion does he look dumb in blue and brown with pink accents? He looks very soft up close but pic is kinda crappy. I'm just not sure about a "vintage" bear pattern in this color....
I think he is cute. What did you make him for? One of Kaylee's lo's or a swap?
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #2043
Glitter Guru

Ducki ~ the bear looks really cute!!!

Nancy & Pia ~ my sister and BIL are going on the Alaska cruise in May this year for their 25th anniversary... They said the airfare to Vancouver was almost as much as the cruise... And that's so cool that Disney is going out of New York next year... I also heard they're gonna have a 15 day cruise to Hawaii out of LA...

All ~ Here's my Saturday in a summary ~~ did 5 loads of laundry, folded and put away... did 3 loads of dishes... walked on treadmill for 30 minutes... took a 2 hour nap... Made a potato/ham casserole for lunch... Cleaned the dead stuff off all my flowerbeds and trimmed the bushes by the front door so people can find the sidewalk... Made chili-mac casserole for supper (think chili with macaroni and then bake it in the oven)... And now I debating if I want to go downstairs and work on flood borders or if I want to veg on the couch and relax...
Old 04-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #2044
Stazon Splitcoast

That's why I am excited they will be going out of Seattle instead of Vancouver. There is a Fairmont Hotel at the terminal in Vancouver but that is Fairmont, so expensive but the cruise buses pick up from there and the air fair to Alaska is very expensive.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #2045
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

The 5 day cruise out of New York seems affordable for me. My oldest is not interested so that is even cheaper. He will be 18 so he counts as a 3rd adult. I have been to Nova Scotia many years ago, in college. It is a long drive! We shall see. We probably won't be able to do much to celebrate our 20th anniv. this year so we will wait til next year.

I finished making the 15 thank you cards that I need. Now I can work on the 2 swaps that are due on May 1. I have to get moving.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #2046
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The 5 day cruise out of New York seems affordable for me. My oldest is not interested so that is even cheaper. He will be 18 so he counts as a 3rd adult. I have been to Nova Scotia many years ago, in college. It is a long drive! We shall see. We probably won't be able to do much to celebrate our 20th anniv. this year so we will wait til next year.

I finished making the 15 thank you cards that I need. Now I can work on the 2 swaps that are due on May 1. I have to get moving.
Yes, a family of 5 is always more difficult. Hotel rooms, cruise ships always sleep 4!

It isn't easy to find hotel rooms that sleep five. It seems to be getting more difficult. Sometimes they say 5 and then you get there and only 4. Not even a sofa bed.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #2047
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
DD1 has been in girl scouts since 1st grade. I did the brownie leader thing. I am embarrassed tom say that some of her patches from the last few yrs haven't made it onto her vest! I need to do that before we move so they don't get lost. I still have my gs sash!
I have my junior sash but no idea where the rest went or if I even had one. My Grandma took me when I lived with them.

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
Old 04-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #2048
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I think he is cute. What did you make him for? One of Kaylee's lo's or a swap?
....just because I like the pattern! LOL I was testing out a color with browns to see how it worked out. I'll post a pic of Natalie's set when I get it done for her for the border flood and then you'll understand! LOL

Old 04-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #2049
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Ducki ~ the bear looks really cute!!!

Nancy & Pia ~ my sister and BIL are going on the Alaska cruise in May this year for their 25th anniversary... They said the airfare to Vancouver was almost as much as the cruise... And that's so cool that Disney is going out of New York next year... I also heard they're gonna have a 15 day cruise to Hawaii out of LA...

All ~ Here's my Saturday in a summary ~~ did 5 loads of laundry, folded and put away... did 3 loads of dishes... walked on treadmill for 30 minutes... took a 2 hour nap... Made a potato/ham casserole for lunch... Cleaned the dead stuff off all my flowerbeds and trimmed the bushes by the front door so people can find the sidewalk... Made chili-mac casserole for supper (think chili with macaroni and then bake it in the oven)... And now I debating if I want to go downstairs and work on flood borders or if I want to veg on the couch and relax...

Quite productive today weren't you! I scrapped with Kaylee (who is getting a cold and even with a snotty nose and runny eye is still a happy baby) while DH was at the farm auction and Charli was at work. When DH got home we went for a long ride to check out a camp his friend & coworker wants him to help put a roof on and cook a pig for a pig roast. He's thinking he might be taking the camper up there instead of going to the fair over the 4th. I'm all for that! I can use a break from the fair and it's quiet there with all kinds of canoeing, gokarts, bumper boats, etc, etc just a couple miles away. I can scrap he can roof. I can scrap he can cook a pig. Are you seeing a pattern here? When we got home I headed to the scrap room to work on a cheer me up set I'm going to send to a friend that's having a rough time right now and cut some letters for Natalie's border and a camping border I made extra for Kaylee's book when we go camping this summer. Do you want to come clean out my flowerbeds too? Since DH's big white tame rabbit died I should be able to have my flowers bloom this year instead of budding and then getting eaten off. That menace rabbit has ran loose in our yard for about 5 years, and I so wanted to wax it many times but knew DH would miss "Big Daddy", which turned out to ba a girl by the way! Yep, he's the farm boy and used to raise rabbits when he was little!

Old 04-10-2011, 04:49 AM   #2050
Watercolor Wizard

Good Morning!!

Old 04-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #2051
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
....just because I like the pattern! LOL I was testing out a color with browns to see how it worked out. I'll post a pic of Natalie's set when I get it done for her for the border flood and then you'll understand! LOL
Hahahahaha
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #2052
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Quite productive today weren't you! I scrapped with Kaylee (who is getting a cold and even with a snotty nose and runny eye is still a happy baby) while DH was at the farm auction and Charli was at work. When DH got home we went for a long ride to check out a camp his friend & coworker wants him to help put a roof on and cook a pig for a pig roast. He's thinking he might be taking the camper up there instead of going to the fair over the 4th. I'm all for that! I can use a break from the fair and it's quiet there with all kinds of canoeing, gokarts, bumper boats, etc, etc just a couple miles away. I can scrap he can roof. I can scrap he can cook a pig. Are you seeing a pattern here? When we got home I headed to the scrap room to work on a cheer me up set I'm going to send to a friend that's having a rough time right now and cut some letters for Natalie's border and a camping border I made extra for Kaylee's book when we go camping this summer. Do you want to come clean out my flowerbeds too? Since DH's big white tame rabbit died I should be able to have my flowers bloom this year instead of budding and then getting eaten off. That menace rabbit has ran loose in our yard for about 5 years, and I so wanted to wax it many times but knew DH would miss "Big Daddy", which turned out to ba a girl by the way! Yep, he's the farm boy and used to raise rabbits when he was little!
Okay, I have several rabbits in my yard as well as a chipmunk and squirrels. I can't plant tulips cuz someone eats the bulbs. The chipmunk has holes all over the yard. The rabbits ate my lily down to nothing every year so I put mesh around it which the snack got trapped in and died. The other snake is useless cuz the chipmunk is still running around making holes and eating everything. I planted pansies again which I have done in awhile and so far the deer haven't come around and discovered them.

I have asked DH to get the pellet gun and take care of them all but no such luck!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #2053
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

We can't plant yet, still too cold. I saw pansies at the store. My son has a friend over. As soon as dh gets home from his parents-I am going to get water, shop at trader joes and then Michaels or J's. My middle son needs to make a game for school. They are off all next week (starting the 18th) but I want to at least have the stuff in the house.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #2054
Stazon Splitcoast

My kids are all off the week of the 18th too. It has rained so much the ground is mushy. It is really easy to dig the holes and pull up the old plants and plant new plants etc. I did plant my pansies several weeks ago. They are pretty hardy unless the deer come into the neighborhood!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #2055
Watercolor Wizard

I have wild rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, etc and I'm okay with that. Snakes...ewww yuck....gotta go if I see them!! The big white menace bunny was a tame one he let go in the yard! Bad boy!!!

How is DD today?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #2056
Watercolor Wizard

Talk to you guys later! A ninth grader that came and looked at Charli's horse the other day is coming back to at 3 to ride her again so I'm going to get offline and get something done. It's nice enough out today that little pumpkin go outside!!!

Old 04-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #2057
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I have wild rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, etc and I'm okay with that. Snakes...ewww yuck....gotta go if I see them!! The big white menace bunny was a tame one he let go in the yard! Bad boy!!!

How is DD today?
Our rabbits are all wild not pets let loose LOL

Are forgot we have frogs or toads. Not sure which, they hop and make noise at night. As long as they don't eat my plants they are okay! There is also the occasional turtle trying to cross the road and we usually stop the car and move them onto the grass! They aren't in my yard though and not eating my plants.

DD's has a mild temp again .. 100.4. She is eating some and we ran out of 7-Up so I need to get her more.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #2058
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes, a family of 5 is always more difficult. Hotel rooms, cruise ships always sleep 4!

It isn't easy to find hotel rooms that sleep five. It seems to be getting more difficult. Sometimes they say 5 and then you get there and only 4. Not even a sofa bed.
Europe is even worse! I had to book a suite for me and my boys and then a room with 2 twin beds for my father and his cousin. I thought we were going to do a walking trip of Rome, my father seems to want me to find someone who will pick us up and take us around. I have to keep looking.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #2059
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I am looking at going to Six Flags New England for a few days next week. Well probably one day and then a 2nd day doing other stuff in that area, it is 2 hours away. My little one wants to go to Hershey Park this summer. I may take him in June to ease my guilt
Old 04-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #2060
Stazon Splitcoast

DD's senior trip is to Hershey Park. They are going at the end of May. We have gone a few times but not in a long time.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #2061
Watercolor Wizard

Charli went to Hershey for a school field trip once, and I'm surprised they still had chocolate left! LOL

Old 04-11-2011, 03:24 AM   #2062
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Charli went to Hershey for a school field trip once, and I'm surprised they still had chocolate left! LOL
Too funny!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #2063
Glitter Guru

Never made it off the couch Saturday night...

But I did go to JoAnn's yesterday while DD was at Driver's Ed... Got lots of sparkly paper... 5 for $.95... Might try to sneak back there later in the week and get some more...
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #2064
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I bought some cardstock at Joann's is the paper sale all week? You know I need more!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #2065
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I bought some cardstock at Joann's is the paper sale all week? You know I need more!
Probably!

We just got back from the doctor and she said DD2 has a stomach bug (expect diarrhea soon...great). She checked for strep and her blood sugar and they were fine but she is dehydrated so I need to give her lots of gator aid.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #2066
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope she feels better soon, poor thing
Old 04-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #2067
Stazon Splitcoast

Me too!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 AM   #2068
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Is she better today?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #2069
Watercolor Wizard

Good Morning

Last edited by ducki; 04-12-2011 at 06:52 AM..
Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #2070
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello
Old 04-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #2071
Watercolor Wizard

What a yucky rainy day here! DH grilled in the garage for supper tonight and I have to admit I've pretty much done nothing but lay around today and make a quick trip to the store tonight! I hope everyone else had a productive day!!

Old 04-13-2011, 02:57 AM   #2072
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

We are supposed to get that rain today.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 AM   #2073
Watercolor Wizard

You could of had it yesterday I wouldn't of minded! hehehe

You must be getting your own today because I still have mine...another yucky day!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:31 AM   #2074
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

My little one has his concert at school today, they are so cute! I have to clean the house, my floor is gross, but I have washing it when it is raining because it stays clean for 5 minutes. I have to get my taxes today so we can mail them in. Good thing I don't work everyday.

Oh Wisconsin is out, my friend is on a cruise that week, I know. They were supposed to go in June but changed to the only free week she had in July. I am looking for something around here to do with my 2 younger boys when school gets out. We might venture to Hershey, Lake George or the Poconos. My oldest will be working with my brother, I hope!

I signed up for an Open House at the community college he is going to. He is taking his placement test next week.

Bye for now, off to get started on my mountain of ironing.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:01 AM   #2075
Watercolor Wizard

ironing....eww yuck! If you can't fluff it in the dryer we don't own it! I would probably melt anything that needed ironed or shrink it in the dryer. Thankfully, I've never even held an office job that required me to wear dress clothes. It's just not me. I'm much more comfy and productive in my bluejeans! I do have a couple pair of casual dress pants, but I don't own a dress or skirt. Have fun with the iron!

Old 04-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #2076
Glitter Guru

I agree with Ducki... If it needs to be ironed, I don't buy it...

Things should be quiet at my house the next couple of days... No running to do after work... YEAH!! Hoping to get some scrapping time in...

And DH came home from work last night and told me he has to work the next 5 Saturdays... They made it mandatory instead of volunteer... Looks like I get some scrapping time on Saturday's too!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #2077
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds good nancy. My kids have next week off. I am going to work on Tuesday and Saturday. I have to get scrapping this weekend, I do not know how much I will get done during the week. I am taking a class with Jennifer Maguire this weekend, I am looking forward to it.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #2078
Watercolor Wizard

Okay who's Jennifer Maguire? Probably a dumb question...but idk...

Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 AM   #2079
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

She writes for Creating Keepsakes

Jennifer McGuire Ink

She also does things for lots of other companies. This is a technique class.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:06 AM   #2080
Watercolor Wizard

Okay then, that's an awesome opportunity!