Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #161
Watercolor Wizard

I made a homemade pizza last night - well crust mix was out of a box...I had to do something to avoid killing DH! We pulled the carpet out of the livingroom last night (him & Eric). I didn't want to wait until Thursday or Friday night and then find we needed something else like happened when we put the furnace in last weekend ( yes him & Eric again - what a great team) - Anyways, I'm in the kitchen and DH says I'm not moving that big heavy couch again and onto the neww flooring lets just cut it apart with the sawsall and burn the d*mn thing. Of course I thought he was just saying that to get a rise out of me so I just kept washing dishes - MISTAKE! - When I heard the saw running I didn't think anything of it until I hear a thump and DH says hey the recliners still work and now it's a sectional! Of course Charli gets on the other one and says it works too and they are all joking about just putting it back together when the new floor is done. They can just shove all 3 pieces together and still use the recliners. So, needless to say it went to the burn pile with the old carpeting and now I have to find another couch too! Thankfully Eric and I had moved the other sofa out to the addition already or I'm afraid I wouldn't have any living room furniture left because I had already told him the end tables were to go to the burn pile because they served no purpose other than dust collectors...I guess we will have to do some shopping and not in the baby department this time!

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:39 AM   #162
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducki View Post
I made a homemade pizza last night - well crust mix was out of a box...I had to do something to avoid killing DH! We pulled the carpet out of the livingroom last night (him & Eric). I didn't want to wait until Thursday or Friday night and then find we needed something else like happened when we put the furnace in last weekend ( yes him & Eric again - what a great team) - Anyways, I'm in the kitchen and DH says I'm not moving that big heavy couch again and onto the neww flooring lets just cut it apart with the sawsall and burn the d*mn thing. Of course I thought he was just saying that to get a rise out of me so I just kept washing dishes - MISTAKE! - When I heard the saw running I didn't think anything of it until I hear a thump and DH says hey the recliners still work and now it's a sectional! Of course Charli gets on the other one and says it works too and they are all joking about just putting it back together when the new floor is done. They can just shove all 3 pieces together and still use the recliners. So, needless to say it went to the burn pile with the old carpeting and now I have to find another couch too! Thankfully Eric and I had moved the other sofa out to the addition already or I'm afraid I wouldn't have any living room furniture left because I had already told him the end tables were to go to the burn pile because they served no purpose other than dust collectors...I guess we will have to do some shopping and not in the baby department this time!

I'm glad my DH doesn't own a chainsaw!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #163
Glitter Guru

NancyH ~ Bacon and eggs for supper is a good thing... And so are waffles... We haven't had either one of them in awhile... Might have to add them to the list...
Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #164
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post

I'm glad my DH doesn't own a chainsaw!!!
I kinda wish my DH didn't have the sawsall in the company truck about now too! It was very convenient for him though since it's cordless!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Ok, how do you go from cutting carpet to cutting the sofa in half? LOL

Maybe they should let professionals take over! Maybe getting his mom's house tore down and put up, messed him up in the home improvement department!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #166
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Chainsaw--no he can borrow one. Cutting a couch in 1/2 no again.

Breakfast for dinner is good.

Also, I bought myself a laptop today. Work was selling used ones with ms office! I bought one for me and one for my middle ds for Christmas.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast

I love breakfast for dinner!

A new laptop, how fun!! Do you own Design Studio? You have Make the Cut right? I remember you made a Boy Scout plaque or something.

Nancy, did you ever use your Design Studio or Make the Cut? LOL
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #168
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I do have design studio and make the cut, I will have to figure out how to get it on the laptop, it will make my life easier! They look brand new. I don't have it yet, they have to scrub the hard drives and then I can get them. They were only $200 each! I missed the last sale, but I have been saving Christmas money waiting for this sale.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #169
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I love breakfast for dinner!

A new laptop, how fun!! Do you own Design Studio? You have Make the Cut right? I remember you made a Boy Scout plaque or something.

Nancy, did you ever use your Design Studio or Make the Cut? LOL
Breakfast for dinner is exactly what I had tonight. I like it better then than in teh am.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #170
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducki View Post
DH did that with our old couch also....he didn't want to pay $60.00 to have it hauled away so he cut it up, threw the fabric and stuffing away and burned all the wood. We kept one of the cushions for Cocoa (my chocolate lab) because she loved the couch.....of course she now loves the new one too.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #171
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
I do have design studio and make the cut, I will have to figure out how to get it on the laptop, it will make my life easier! They look brand new. I don't have it yet, they have to scrub the hard drives and then I can get them. They were only $200 each! I missed the last sale, but I have been saving Christmas money waiting for this sale.
$200!! WOW, that is really great. Pia!!

Off to bed. Good night everyone!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-13-2010, 03:37 AM   #172
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning all. I am just checking in before I get my youngest ready for school. I printed out a new recipe to try tonight so I have to run to the grocery store for a few things.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:24 AM   #173
Watercolor Wizard

I would have taken it a lot better if the couch was junk - it was old - but by no means junk yet. Charli found me a love seat and recliner that will go well with their couch from the apartment yesterday. I went and paid for them last night and told them I'd be back to pick them up when my floor was done...so my furniture crisis is solved! Now believe it or not I'm going to tell DH to burn the chair that matched the couch too! LOL

Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 AM   #174
Watercolor Wizard

O, and as for turning it over to professional I know they wouldn't of cut my couch up but DH & Eric are way fussier that any contractor is! Dh went to votech for carpentry during high school and so did Eric so they are well qualified to lay the new floor. I just have to retain posession of all saws til the job is done!

Old 10-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #175
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Good morning all. I am just checking in before I get my youngest ready for school. I printed out a new recipe to try tonight so I have to run to the grocery store for a few things.
If it gets a thumbs up from the family, please share!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #176
Glitter Guru

Beth ~ Hi

Ducki ~ What kind of floor are the boys gonna lay this weekend??? Carpet or wood???

NancyH ~ Silly girl!!! I've been so busy doing other stuff, that MTC and DS are still sitting there, unused... Geesh!!! But soon, very soon, I plan on using them... Hahahahaha...

Pia ~ Way to score on the laptop!!!

All ~ I had a new thought on how to do my meals... I plan on writing all the meals on index cards, including one that says "try a new recipe" and then each week, the family gets to pick out the cards they want me to make... That way they have a choice in what they eat and I don't have to decide what to make... Win-win situation!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #177
Watercolor Wizard

Nancy - actually they are putting in a thick linoleum that looks like a wood grain and then I'm putting an area rug in the middle of the floor - at least I think I am as of right now. I might change my mind and just leave the textured linoleum floor. We just don't have the time to mess with laminate or real hard wood flooring right now and my nephews "dribbling" dog did a number on my carpet. Since he has moved out now it's outa here! I've shampooed it but I don't like the fact that he didn't clean up after him well and there are stains and I don't want Kaylee crawling on yucky carpet! If we decide later on to put real hard wood or laminate down it will be easy enough to do. We still have to get more firewood cut for my MIL yet and DH actually broke down and hired a contractor he knows well to put the big deck with a roof on the front of her house cause we ran out of time!

Old 10-13-2010, 06:27 AM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW Miss ducki you sound like you've got your hand more than full. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #179
Watercolor Wizard

I'm used to it Donna! Earlier this year I couldn't seem to keep up with anything but I think my meds are pretty good now so I'm plugging away at those things that need done!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #180
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay dinner is in the oven. I have to take my little one to the dr at 4. We are going to see the ENT to check on his tonsils and why he keeps getting strep.

Thom Sr. had a good first day at work yesterday. I am plugging away on the calendar swap, I did some laundry and dishes. So far a productive day
Old 10-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #181
Watercolor Wizard

Good luck at the ENT today!

Old 10-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #182
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, I will do the surgery if recommended. I can't keep putting him on antibiotics! I have to get some work done and get one boy cleaned up before we go!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #183
Glitter Guru

Pia ~ What's for dinner tonight??? And good Luck at the ENT... I hope they have a solution for the strep!!!

Ducki ~ New furniture... New floor... The new meds must be working!!! And I'm glad DH decided that he can't do it all and hired someone to do the deck...

All ~ Well I started my Christmas list today so I can keep track of what I've purchased and who it goes to... Once I wrote it all down, I realized I have 4 people done and 4 people started... Hmmm... Not doing as bad as I thought I was...

Oh, and there's only 72 days, 9 hours and 40 minutes until Christmas... But who's counting???
Old 10-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #184
Stazon Splitcoast

Helllooooo!

How is everyone today? It is hump day today **giggle**
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #185
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to start in the summer (Christmas shopping) but who has time anymore. Plus I have three fall birthdays to deal with!

Pia, hope your little one and you get some answers! Poor guy. Let us know how DH did on his first day!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #186
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

First and 2nd day went really well. He is pretty happy with the job. I am beyond thrilled that they seem to work a normal 8-8.5 hour day versus the 10-12 he was doing. He also did 9 hour days (always longer for him) so they could get every other Friday off, well he never got the Fridays off because something would always come up. He has his own office which is a plus and he is getting a company vehicle!

As for my little one, I opted for the surgery, he is right on the cusp and we could have waited, but I do not want him to keep getting sick. I know how he gets and whatever is in the house hits him hardest. We are already at the point where we start with augmentin first, what happens down the road when that doesn't work? He had lots of ear issues and lots of antibiotics then. He is going to get his adenoids out too. I am nervous but know that we are doing the best course of action. I love his doctor, we haven't been since the ear tubes in 2006. My issue is that they want to operate next week, don't they know mothers need time to prepare?! He will miss 2 weeks of school, so now is a good time for that too.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #187
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Pia ~ What's for dinner tonight???

All ~ Well I started my Christmas list today so I can keep track of what I've purchased and who it goes to... Once I wrote it all down, I realized I have 4 people done and 4 people started... Hmmm... Not doing as bad as I thought I was...

Oh, and there's only 72 days, 9 hours and 40 minutes until Christmas... But who's counting???
Okay for dinner New-Look Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe
with a salad. It is pretty good, I refused to pay the price for velveeta so I just used shredded cheese, it is a little soupy and it needs pepper

You are scaring me with Christmas, I am usually well on my way by now. I have a few gifts, I need to make my list ASAP! I like to make a few gifts too. My youngest's bday is 12/28 so I have to plan for that too.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #188
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Okay for dinner New-Look Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe
with a salad. It is pretty good, I refused to pay the price for velveeta so I just used shredded cheese, it is a little soupy and it needs pepper

You are scaring me with Christmas, I am usually well on my way by now. I have a few gifts, I need to make my list ASAP! I like to make a few gifts too. My youngest's bday is 12/28 so I have to plan for that too.
Why is it soupy? Shouldn't it thicken up? Do you think it is the cheese substitution?

Whenever I try recipes on the internet, they don't come out right! It does look tasty though! I might try it but I don't like soupy!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #189
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

It did firm up, I think the velveeta probably melts differently, I used a shredded cheddar/monterey jack mix. My dh thought it was delicious.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #190
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It did firm up, I think the velveeta probably melts differently, I used a shredded cheddar/monterey jack mix. My dh thought it was delicious.
I might have to try it. DD1 didn't think the picture looked good but the ingrediants IMO sound great! It will be on my list.
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #191
Stazon Splitcoast

I had mexican for dinner tonight with DD1 & DGD. We had a nice day today & hope you all did as well.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #192
Watercolor Wizard

Morning everyone! We never made it to supper last night. It was after 10 when we got home and I went to bed! Charli had her ultrasound yesterday and Kaylee is turned the right direction and not breech now! Woo Hoo! She even sent me a text msg with a pic of her little face that said Hi Grandma! She's so smart already that she can text! LOL

Old 10-14-2010, 05:10 AM   #193
Watercolor Wizard

Good Morning All.

We had a wonderful time at the zoo on Tuesday!! It was 70 degrees and there was hardly anyone there!! We never had to wait in line to look at anything and in the larger exhibits there were maybe 1 or 2 other people, it was the best time that I've ever had. We stopped at HyVee and grabbed some goodies for lunch and sat and ate next to the Zebras. The kids thought it was so cool! I even let them stop at the gift shop on the way out (DH never wants to do that)

Nancy-I have a Christmas countdown counter on my desktop as well...I can't believe that it is that close already. I've picked up a few things but not enough to say that I've made a big dent in my list yet.

Pia-Glad to hear that the job is going good. I'm sorry to hear that your little one needs surgery. Almost all of mine have had their tonsils/adenoids out and a few rounds of tubes as well. Our oldest just had adenoids when he was younger and now (just turned 20) needs to have his tonsils out. I wish now that they would have taken them out earlier.

Ducki-Too Funny!!! Glad she is headed the right way now.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #194
Watercolor Wizard

Believe it or not I have a baby count down on my blog! LOL I figure she's going to be born 4 days late though on 12/12 since Charli insisted her shower be on 10-10-10....& she weighs 3 lb and 11 oz right now so with a half pound gained a week up til last 2 weeks she should be a little tiny snuggle bug and maybe even get to wear some of the zillion newborn clothes we got for her!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #195
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the reassurance Natalie, the surgery has been confirmed for next Thursday, I will have a time tomorrow. I am going to have to take him by myself. Thom can't even ask for the time off, no big deal. My mother will get my other 2 from school and make sure they are settled. I am going to take 2 weeks off from work to stay home with him. I will still come in to teach my class, it is only once a week for an hour. I hate driving in just for that, but a commitment is a commitment. Luckily it is 3 in the afternoon so my mother can sit with him. Thom can start work at 7 and work til 3:30 or 4. So we should be fine. He is happy about missing 2 weeks of school. The full day kindergarten is great for the parents, but it is such a long day for him. He does not really sleep that well either, now we know why! and so he has trouble waking up. He should be better by Halloween, even though he does not want to trick or treat. My kids never eat the candy, I always bring it to work.

I have to clean my house because my friends are coming Saturday. My kitchen floor needs to be scrubbed, but of course we are expecting heavy rains, lovely. I never get 5 minutes of a clean floor. Otherwise the house is not so bad. We are making chicken soup, Thom will cook it for me, his is delicious.

For dinner tonight, I have a pork roast and potatoes in the crock pot.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #196
Watercolor Wizard

It's good that you can take 2 weeks off and be with him! If he's anything like oldest DD in about 3 days you'll have to hog tie him! She wanted to race and play and just didn't understand she had to take it easy and go slow til she healed!

I'm hopeing it doesn't rain and it's warm this weekend because my new flooring will arrive tomorrow after work and DH has to take the front door out to lay it right! Last I checked the weather it wasn't supposed to rain but I better check it again!

Old 10-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #197
Watercolor Wizard

Showing off my precious little Kaylee! Isn't it so cute how her little hands are tucked up under her chin...and such cute little feet...
Attached Thumbnails
kaylee-2.jpg   kaylee.jpg  

Old 10-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #198
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

She is precious!

Oh they prediction a nor'easter for us
Old 10-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #199
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks! I know she is though! LOL I'm staring at her as my wallpaper on my work computer and I think she might be sucking her thumb...but I'm not sure...I know quit looking at the baby and get to work! LOL

Old 10-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #200
Watercolor Wizard

Pia-Having the 2 weeks off will be wonderful. If I remember right it is when they are the worst. Maybe you can set up a scrapping table near him and catch up on some movies. I remember that they told us not to give the kids ice cream (milk products) but my kids love those flavored italian ice cups.

We made pork roast and potatoes last night--yum, yum!!

Ducki-Thanks for sharing the pictures!! She is so lucky to have such a wonderful family!!

All--I think that all of your talk about cleaning is motivating me. I loaded up all of my maternity clothes and am dropping them off at my friends house on the way out of town to gymnastics tonight. I will miss not being pregnant ever again....but those clothes will not be missed for sure!! Moving on to the large buffet in the dining room next!

Have any of you ever done the baby sign language?? Some friends at church that recently had a baby (few months younger than Creighton) just found out that their little boy is deaf. I was thinking of teaching the kids some sign language and might as well teach him along with them. I have a step-cousin that is deaf but I've never been around her enough to learn anything outside of the alphabet.