Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 04:35 AM   #41
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Ok, who am I kidding! I will take pix this weekend. Tonight, I went to the groceries for the first time in two weeks. I haven't done laundry for almost as long, or cleaned anything!
Have you been on strike, hoping the family would pick up the slack??? I'm guessing it didn't work...

DH has still been helping around the house since my meltdown... It's amazing how just a little help feels like a lot!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:41 AM   #42
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
I hope these work, I got lots of comments on my mess, I wasn't thinking that everyone would look!
Your area looks like mine did before I moved it to it's current location... When it was in the living room, it looked like a tornado hit... And since I've moved it downstairs, I haven't been scrapping as much, so it's still looks good... But just wait, winter is coming and I plan on creating a HUGE mess!!!

It's sad that you got more comments on your scrap area than you did on some of your other stuff... Geesh!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:55 AM   #43
Glitter Guru

Last night I made baked parmesan crusted tilapia (thanks Sam's club) and steamed broccoli for supper... It was YUMMY!!!

And then I started stripping a book shelf that I got at a garage sale the previous weekend for only $5... My DD and her friend thought I was crazy for buying it because it looks like crap... But I see the beauty underneath and it's gonna look beautiful when it's done...

And then I took my six 2G memory cards (12g total) and copied all the pictures to the laptop...

Today I plan on backing up all my pictures and sanding the book self...

And here's what my living room floor looks like right now... Hurricane Riley has hit!!! So add to my list, cleaning the living room...
Attached Thumbnails
sdc12497.jpg  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #44
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

My living room looks very similar! The work never ends. I am at work til 6, so I am not getting much done at home tonight. My DH starts a new job on the 12th so we only have one week to get the house in order. I AM SO EXCITED! I will live with a dirty house to have him back at work. He and I need to commit to a bit of time each day to work on chores. The boys need to pitch in too. I am trying to be really careful about what I buy for Christmas and what Santa brings. I am tired of toys with a million little pieces. But of course I had to buy this when we got home from Disneyland
Deluxe Mickey Mouse Pirates of the Caribbean Pirate Ship Play Set | Play Sets | Disney Store
Old 10-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #45
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Does anyone else start their Christmas shopping early?
Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #46
Glitter Guru

I'm starting mine this afternoon...

Yankee Candle has a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free ~ so guess what my sisters are getting for Christmas!!!

Here's the coupon... It expires tomorrow (10/3)

Yankee Candle Company
Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #47
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I love Yankee candles, they used to be made in Massachusetts. It is fun to go to their flagship store, but it is a ride for us. I bought a few candles for the school fundraiser. I only have the one gift bought. I am working on ideas right now. I only have a few gifts to make. I need to get moving.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Last night I made baked parmesan crusted tilapia (thanks Sam's club) and steamed broccoli for supper... It was YUMMY!!!

And then I started stripping a book shelf that I got at a garage sale the previous weekend for only $5... My DD and her friend thought I was crazy for buying it because it looks like crap... But I see the beauty underneath and it's gonna look beautiful when it's done...

And then I took my six 2G memory cards (12g total) and copied all the pictures to the laptop...

And here's what my living room floor looks like right now... Hurricane Riley has hit!!! So add to my list, cleaning the living room...
hahahahaha

I remember those little hurricanes!! I have toilets that need cleaning and laundry and general clutter control.

I haven't had time to take any pictures yet. You sound productive today!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My living room looks very similar! The work never ends. I am at work til 6, so I am not getting much done at home tonight. My DH starts a new job on the 12th so we only have one week to get the house in order. I AM SO EXCITED! I will live with a dirty house to have him back at work. He and I need to commit to a bit of time each day to work on chores. The boys need to pitch in too. I am trying to be really careful about what I buy for Christmas and what Santa brings. I am tired of toys with a million little pieces. But of course I had to buy this when we got home from Disneyland
Deluxe Mickey Mouse Pirates of the Caribbean Pirate Ship Play Set | Play Sets | Disney Store
Hey congrats on DH getting a new job!!!!!!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #50
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

YIPPEE! It hasn't been long, he has only been home since June 30th. I am so stinking happy! The company seems really good and he seems excited about the job. He is making what he was making before he got laid off. He had 4 interviews with them, 2 in person and 2 on the phone. It is 15 minutes from the house on a bad day. He will do road trips once or twice a week, the farthest one is 2 hours away. Once a quarter, he will have to travel in the northeast. We need to get used to him being out of the house again. We also need to decide about insurance, and all that good stuff.

He is the only one of all his unemployed friends who has a job. It pays to do something that not everyone does. He does environmental compliance and health and safety management. He has dealt with hazardous waste and some not so fun stuff, but this job doesn't really include that!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #51
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
hahahahaha

I remember those little hurricanes!! I have toilets that need cleaning and laundry and general clutter control.

My bathrooms better be clean when I get home. I also want dinner ready. I have been at work since before 7 and have to close at 6. It is getting close.

My parents had my 2 younger boys today. DH and oldest went to a Toyota driving thing for teen drivers, I think there was an obstacle course. Well my parents took my younger ones yard saling, so that means more stuff at my house. It will never end! I am contemplating selling some of their toys.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #52
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

My livingroom looks alot like this all the time from hurricane Bailee Rae! She has her stuffed animals and puppy toys everywhere! She digs til she gets a little hole in them then digs all the stuffins out! It looks like a snow storm hit when we come home sometimes! At least she only chews her toys up and nothing else!

I have to say though I can't wait for hurricane Kaylee to have her toys all over the floor! We got the kids settled in enough today that you can walk through all the rooms and the trailer is empty! Unfortunately while putting things in the storage room I notices a leak in the roof! DH & Eric spent a few hours on the addition roof fixing it today while Charli made supper and we kept working on unpacking stuff.

We went for groceries last night and we had 2 cart fulls! It's been a while since I did grocery shopping too because we aren't ever home! We stop and run in the grocery store we pass coming home from work when we need something since it's been just the two of us. It makes a lot more sense to go somewhere not so convenient now cause prices are better!

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
Old 10-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #53
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Does anyone else start their Christmas shopping early?
I like to try every year. I have Kaylee done - probably overdone actually and will still probably pick up other things as I see a good sale! My kids and their significant others will have gift cards for restaurants, movies, walmart, etc...they are old enough that they are too hard to buy for and they seem to like to do their own shopping. I've been known to wrap gift cards in big boxes so it looked like as much money as I spent! LOL I usually find a few odds and ends for them to open I think they will like but anymore I'd rather buy something they will use and that's a gift card!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #54
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
WooHoo! Congrats to DH!

Old 10-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #55
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
hahahahaha

We needed clutter control at our house today! It was boxes, totes, and funriture piled everywhere! I'm so glad too I welcomed the mess and Kaylee can make Hurricanes all day long at Gramma's house! LOL

Old 10-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #56
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Ducki,
right now you have a good clutter, it must be great to have them close by! My house was not so bad when I got home. I am walking in a breast cancer walk with a good friend this morning and then I am going to straighten my area. Thom and I are going to start a list of stuff that needs to get done around here. We need to paint a few of the rooms. We really need to declutter. I want to put out Halloween decorations, first we need to find them. Unfortunately my dh and oldest son put stuff where it is fastest not where it belongs, there is a reason the house is messy! Well we really do have too much stuff too!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:22 AM   #57
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Ducki,
right now you have a good clutter, it must be great to have them close by! My house was not so bad when I got home. I am walking in a breast cancer walk with a good friend this morning and then I am going to straighten my area. Thom and I are going to start a list of stuff that needs to get done around here. We need to paint a few of the rooms. We really need to declutter. I want to put out Halloween decorations, first we need to find them. Unfortunately my dh and oldest son put stuff where it is fastest not where it belongs, there is a reason the house is messy! Well we really do have too much stuff too!
It is GREAT TO HAVE THEM HOME! I know all about the too much stuff as well. Charli and I have been going to clean out the craft room for ages now and haven't got there! We used to do all kinds of crafts for craft shows and we only scrap now. I wanted to get rid of all the beads, paints, foam, material, wood cuts, raffia, lace, flowers, etc, etc, etc...for a few years now and she always talked me out of it in case she wanted to use something. However, now she is willing to part with the shelves of stuff so we can utilizes those shelves for our scrapping stuff and be more organized. I would imagine in the next couple weeks our day program at work will be inheriting a bunch of craft supplies and we will be able to be more organized! Or maybe it's just a dream I keep having and she'll change her mind at the last minute and wanna keep it again....LOL

Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #58
Glitter Guru

Pia ~ Congrats on Thom getting a job... I totally missed it yesterday... Geesh!!! That's got a be a huge relief... And salary sounds good... How about vacation??? Will he have any next year???

We took 4 garbage bags (3 clothes and 1 shoes), a huge box of "stuff" and a toddler bed that we don't use to Goodwill yesterday... And the house is still FULL!!!

I'm trying to de-clutter because we have too much stuff!!! And I swear, it multiplies faster than I can get rid of it!!! AUGH!!!

Today I'm gonna finish stripping the bookshelf and then sanding it... I need to have it done and out of the garage by Saturday... DH wants to clean out the garage (it's all his stuff except for my bookshelf and school desk that needs to go back into the basement) so we can fit cars in it... We haven't had cars in the garage since we started on the basement two years ago... And now we're done with the basement so there's no excuse... We either need a bigger garage of less stuff... I'm voting for less stuff...

We also went to the Yankee Candle store yesterday and got 4 candles... Both DH and I used a coupon... So that takes care of the majority of my Christmas shopping... I still have the kids to buy for and then I'm done... For Mom & Dad, we just add money to their Alaska cruise vacation account... They're going to Alaska for 3 weeks for their 50th Anniversary... It's still 2 years away, but us kids set up an account and started putting money in it so they have to go, instead of just talking about going...

Hope everyone has a fun Sunday!!!

Nancy...
Old 10-03-2010, 04:40 AM   #59
Glitter Guru

Oh, I forgot out the 5 boxes of Riley's clothes that I boxed up to give to DH's cousin who is having a baby boy in January...

Keep on decluttering!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 AM   #60
Watercolor Wizard

I know what you're saying about the garage! We built ours 32X32 and when we were building it I said just put me a carport on the side now so that I can park my vehicle there. Of course DH & FIL laughed telling me there was plenty of room in that big garage for my vehicle too! hahaha I think it might have spent the night in the garage once and that was because it had so much ice on it some heat was needed. (DH has a commercial used oil burner in his gargage since he livesw in it most of the winter) A couple years ago when we finally got around to cementing the floor DH said I sure wish we would have put a carport on like you wanted to do back when I built the garage! Of course I said me too and he said "I can't put the H in the garage with chains on the tires it will mess up my floor" - jerk woulda stole my carport anyways! I know you can park 9 tractors comfortably in there over the winter but my truck never fits! Charli did get to park her truck in the garage last winter cause she had to leave early for school - yep Dad spoils her too cause we had to leave for work at same time!

The vacation fund idea you guys are doing for your parents is a great idea!

Old 10-03-2010, 04:48 AM   #61
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Oh, I forgot out the 5 boxes of Riley's clothes that I boxed up to give to DH's cousin who is having a baby boy in January...

Keep on decluttering!!!
I only have 1 HUGE box of baby boy clothes that Gramma bought before she knew boy or girl! LOL Charli wants to have a yard sale - well, garage if she can motivate DH to clean it out - in the spring or next summer so if I don't run across anyone that needs them before that she can yard sale them too and put the money in Kaylee's account!

Old 10-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #62
Glitter Guru

We started the vacation fund on their 40th anniversary and have been adding to it every year... Birthday's, anniversary's, holidays ~ instead of presents, the money gets added to the fund... And they don't want a party on their 50th, so us kids will just put that money in the fund too!!! By the time the get around to going to Alaska, the fund will hopefully pay for a nice chunk of their vacation.... If they ever go...

The "collect" Minneapolis Moline tractors... I say "collect" because Dad has way more than what Mom knows about... I think Mom knows about 12 of them, but I'm thinking he has like 15... Dad restores them and during the "warm" months (May thru September) they go on tractor rides in Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana almost every week... And May thru September is the only time you can go to Alaska... And gawd forbid if they had to miss a tractor ride or two while they're in Alaska... Geesh... Alaska is melting and tractors rides will always be there... I say to go Alaska!!!

I forgot about the summer clothes... When I pack that away next month, it'll be 6 boxes of clothes... Birth thru size 2T!!!

And I have size 3T and 4T packed away, ready to be pulled out and used... Both summer and winter... And the best part it it's all name brand clothes I got at garage sales... All the small towns have "city-wide" garage sales during the summer, and some have them in the fall too!!! It's kinda nice to hit 15 garage sales in an hour... Quick, easy and cheap shopping!!!! That's why I don't mind just giving it away...

I held garage sales when the two oldest were little, but what a pain in the butt... Good money, but very time consuming... And everyone wanted to drop their stuff off at my house, me price it and sell it, and then they come back at the end of the day and pick up their money, without helping!!!! And the worst part is, I let them do it!!! :SHOCK: They keep on asking when I'm gonna do another garage sale, and I tell 'em not, I just donate it to Goodwill...
Old 10-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #63
Watercolor Wizard

If we yard sale together it is together! You mark your own stuff, come help set up, and tear down, and take turns watching it etc. So far it's worked for us when we've had one but it's been several years so DH's garage will definately be full of "treasures"! LOL

Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #64
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I got rid of a bag of my baby's clothes. They were size 5. Luckily my mil does day care so someone there can use them. We have an epilepsy donation ctr right down the street, dh brought 2 huge bags recently. My house is still full too!

The job is exciting. He will get 4 weeks time off, they lump it all together. I am beyond excited! We started dipping into our savings. But we also spent less and you know we were fine! We can do with less!!
Old 10-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #65
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Nancy,
I have to agree about the yard sales too much work for me. Luckily the boy scouts are having a second one in the spring so I can donate to them.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #66
Watercolor Wizard

The past couple years the company we work for has had a fundraiser yard sale and we have given stuff to them. I could care less to have one but the kids have a lot of stuff they want to get rid of and are all about saving money for Kaylee so I say go for it!

Old 10-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't internet for most of the weekend....grrrrrr

It is my DS's birthday tomorrow and he wanted to go bowling and out to dinner at Olive Garden. I had a busy weekend. My house is still a disaster.

I have only tried one garage sale and it flopped. Never again. In fact I just dropped some stuff off at the Salvation Army Saturday!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-04-2010, 04:19 AM   #68
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I haven't internet for most of the weekend....grrrrrr

It is my DS's birthday tomorrow and he wanted to go bowling and out to dinner at Olive Garden. I had a busy weekend. My house is still a disaster.

I have only tried one garage sale and it flopped. Never again. In fact I just dropped some stuff off at the Salvation Army Saturday!
Tell him the crazy paper lady he met in Ohio said Happy Birthday! LOL

Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 AM   #69
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday! I am sure it is a good one.

I am one to donate to get rid of stuff. But like Nancy P, my house is still a mess and I still have too much stuff. I am going to start Christmas shopping for real soon, so I can control what I buy. But my boys and husband love Legos! We had a huge rubbermaid bucket with all of my husband's legos until our hot water heater broke and flooded the basement, we tossed everything. Now I dont want to buy any more but they love them! Some are on sale at TRU this week.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #70
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Should we tell other people about the thread?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:03 AM   #71
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Should we tell other people about the thread?
Up to you guys it doesn't matter to me~!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #72
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Natalie is always swapping with us, so I will let her know
Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #73
Watercolor Wizard

What's everyone up to this evening? I'm trying to stay awake til bedtime! LOL

Old 10-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #74
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

We are watching the Patriots game. I dragged DH for a walk. He had a Boy Scout meeting earlier. The older 2 are in bed, my little one is full of energy. I am hoping to work on that calendar swap I am in.
Have a great night. I have to work tomorrow and then I have the rest of the week off! I only work 3 days a week so I am only taking one day off. I am going apple picking with my niece.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:46 AM   #75
Watercolor Wizard

Charli and I worked on our calendar swap spots last night too! We got our flowers one pretty well ready for assembly but our critters one still needs a lot of cutting...like the critters for instance! LOL

Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #76
Glitter Guru

I spent my evening doing 5 loads of laundry and going thru my walk-in closet, which is the size of a small bedroom... I got rid of enough clothes to fill up two more garage bags and enough shoes to fill up 1 garbage bag... And I bet when I go thru it again, I'll find even more to get rid of... I have clothes in there that I haven't worn in 5+ years... Time to get rid of 'em and let someone else enjoy 'em...

Can ya'all tell I'm in the purging mood???

I think I’ve watched the show Hoarders one to many times… But maybe that's a good thing because it's inspiring me to purge, purge, purge!!!

Tonight is football practice... I'll be leaving the house about 5 minutes after I get home from work and won't be walking back in the house until almost 8pm... Yippee!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 AM   #77
Watercolor Wizard

I saw the hoarders show one day at my MIL's and couldn't believe the stuff people had sitting around and they didn't have massive medical issues from the lovely air they had to breathe!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #78
Watercolor Wizard

Wow...SCS is very quiet today.....

Old 10-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't internet since yesterday am and I just got it back. Who knows for how long! I don't think the comcast guy showed up.

Need to get caught up!
Crafting When We Can
Old 10-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #80
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Good luck with the internet Nancy. I had a busy day at work, Tuesdays are hard. I teach a class in the afternoon so I need to get all my work done before I head to class. The students were not really with it today, I blame it on the rain.