In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #641
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

I hope you have a better weekend. How was the dentist?
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #642
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

It appears that the filling fell out due to decay underneath the filling! I switched dentists a few years ago because I wasn't happy with the one we had. The new dentist has fixed a lot of the old dentist's mess ups! Well, he said it needed a root canal and I said just pull it! I wasn't paying for a root canal when he wasn't sure that would fix it and it's not like it's a front tooth. I'm the only one that will know it's missing! LOL

About 15 minutes before I had to leave (dentist 30 minute drive) Charli decied she was going along. She still isn't up to par yet and was afraid she wouldn't be able to take care of Kaylee alone. I can't believe we made it on time without driving like a maniac! Kaylee was in bed and between the two of us we managed to get her dressed and the diaper bag packed and out the door. We're getting a little faster at packing up the baby! LOL
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #643
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,757
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducki View Post
It appears that the filling fell out due to decay underneath the filling! I switched dentists a few years ago because I wasn't happy with the one we had. The new dentist has fixed a lot of the old dentist's mess ups! Well, he said it needed a root canal and I said just pull it! I wasn't paying for a root canal when he wasn't sure that would fix it and it's not like it's a front tooth. I'm the only one that will know it's missing! LOL

About 15 minutes before I had to leave (dentist 30 minute drive) Charli decied she was going along. She still isn't up to par yet and was afraid she wouldn't be able to take care of Kaylee alone. I can't believe we made it on time without driving like a maniac! Kaylee was in bed and between the two of us we managed to get her dressed and the diaper bag packed and out the door. We're getting a little faster at packing up the baby! LOL
Ok, you need to have the diaper bag packed and ready to go with everything you need all the time. Just replace the dirty clothes if you need to chg her clothes as soon as you get home and remember to replace the diapers you used. Then just add milk and grab the bag when you go. No need to oak since it is already done every time!

That sucks about your tooth!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #644
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,757
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Pia, the flour less chocolate cake was fabulous and rich/decadent!!!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #645
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Ok, you need to have the diaper bag packed and ready to go with everything you need all the time. Just replace the dirty clothes if you need to chg her clothes as soon as you get home and remember to replace the diapers you used. Then just add milk and grab the bag when you go. No need to oak since it is already done every time!

That sucks about your tooth!
We did have it pretty much packed except for bottle, burp rag and bib cause we used them last time! LOL It's amazing how much time a little one takes to get ready to go though.....I guess since Charli is my baby I'm allowed to forget how long it took to get them ready when they were little! Especially when you think it's gonna be a quick change until you open the diaper! How can something that little make such a big mess? LOL
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #646
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

New baby pic again! LOL
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #647
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,757
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Aw, she just gets cuter and cuter everyday!,

Eat, sleep and poop....that's all they do! If you ate every 2-3 hrs you'd poop in your pants too! Lol
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #648
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Aw, she just gets cuter and cuter everyday!,

Eat, sleep and poop....that's all they do! If you ate every 2-3 hrs you'd poop in your pants too! Lol
She sure does! I just love these fleece sleepers they are so cuddly! Plus this one has wild colors on it and a monkey..when I put her in her precious planets rainforest swing she sorta blends in! LOL

How do you know I don't poop in my pants now? Oh yea, guess Charli would put me in a nursing home and I wouldn't be allowed to have internet! LOL
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #649
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

Great new picture! Too bad about the tooth, I just had a root canal, even with insurance I owe a ton! I have to start paying the dentist, OUCH!
My Christmas cards are almost done, I start putting some in envies so I can see how many more I need. DH is supposed to pick up the pictures for me. I can get some mailed out tomorrow.
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #650
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Pia, the flour less chocolate cake was fabulous and rich/decadent!!!
OK so I NEED that recipe. DSIL is gluten intolerant and step-mother usually does the Christmas baking for her (God forbid she have to provide anything - sorry being a little...?). This year I guess I'll be doing the family thing preparing everything since I live closer than my brother & his family. So if you don't mind PLEASE PaPaPlease pm me the recipe. Thanks so much
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #651
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,757
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthenoni View Post
OK so I NEED that recipe. DSIL is gluten intolerant and step-mother usually does the Christmas baking for her (God forbid she have to provide anything - sorry being a little...?). This year I guess I'll be doing the family thing preparing everything since I live closer than my brother & his family. So if you don't mind PLEASE PaPaPlease pm me the recipe. Thanks so much
Here is a link to the recipe....

Flourless Chocolate Cake | WholeFoodsMarket.com

I made sure I washed all the cooking stuff )bowls, pan etc) really good with a non gluten contaminated cloth and metal utensils that were also washed well first too just to make sure no cross contamination.

It was super easy to make too!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #652
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

I am very happy to report that my Christmas cards are done. The stickles on the last few are drying. I will mail most of them tomorrow, yippee. Of course the picture of my boys is not great.
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #653
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

We just mailed out birth announcements for Kaylee. I think that will be my Christmas cards this year! I don't need any more presents and I don't wana spare any possible moment I can cuddle her before she get too "grown up" to snuggle up to Grandma. Priorities you know...baby comes first! It's just about 11 and the little cooing noises have began from the nursery! LOL She ate at 8:30 so I figured she'd sleep 4 hours...maybe not! It must be her Grandma's fantastic snuggling abilities and rocking chair experience that makes her want to stay up with me. It can't be that her days and nights are still a little mixed up! LOL I know it's cause she loves her Grandma and wants to spend lots of time with her!

P.S. NO BUBBLE BURSTING PLEASE! I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE! LOL
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #654
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,960
Default

Barb, Charli & Eric & Mr Barb,

Kaylee Dawn is beautimus and, Barb, there's no busting bubbles, grands know their grandmothers and just can't wait to spend time with the ones who want to spend time with them.
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:13 AM   #655
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

Of course it is you Barb! She wants to spend all the time she can with you. Enjoy the time with her, they grow up so fast these days.
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #656
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

I'm just passing a little time to see if Miss Kaylee goes to sleep or if we have to move to the swing for a little bit. She was awake a lot today and had a lot of visitors so I'm hopeing she's tired enough to sleep a little extra tonight. We just had our bottle and our rocking & snuggling time with Grandma and went to our crib to listen to some tunes and watch our mobile spin in circles. Hope everyone is having a good weekend too!
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #657
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

I am just checking in, I did not sleep well last night. I am trying to get my kids to help me clean so we can decorate, all I get is grief! I am so fed up with it all. It is all their stuff! Sorry for the rant.
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #658
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

I got some cleaning done and some decorating. The kids still will not help
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #659
Stazon Splitcoast
 
imthenoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
I got some cleaning done and some decorating. The kids still will not help
Funny I'm reading this now. I'm also watching On Strike for Christmas on TV. 2010 Neighborhood women band together when their families take them for granted during the holidays. It really makes one think about it all.
__________________
Donna T, SU Demonstrator
imthenoni is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #660
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

Passing time again to see if baby goes to slepp or decides to stay up. Last night she slept from 1:15 til 7:30 - I don't think I'll get that lucky tonight!

Pia I know how it used to be around here at Christmas time and it was quite similar. This year has been a lot different and I think it's because it's Kaylee's 1st Christmas. Charli and Eric decided to do the tree yesterday. MY tree has been put together with the lights on it since 1996. My older brother put them on and we lost him in 1997. Needless to say the tree had a lot of sentimental value to me. I can remember sitting on the floor crying because a strand of lights wouldn't work and poor DH would be trying to console me and fix the lights at the same time! Well, every year he managed to make my tree work. This year...no such luck...they started out by removing the one strand to put on a new one and by the time the evening was over I had torn apart that tree with the help of DH - and sent the kids to Walmart to buy a new one while we disassembled the old one. They came back with a prelit all white lights green 6 1/2 ft tree. I figure it's Kaylee's first Christmas it's time to move ahead! They decorated it after I went to bed while they were waiting for Kaylee to get up to eat around 10. It looks pretty good by the light of the fish tank but I'm too lazy to plug it in for the full effect! LOL

You will all be happy to know that Kaylee too is attracted to shiny things. She stared at my cousins tree the other day when we were there and Charli said she was watching ours too while they were trying to get the old one fixed. All Charli and I caould say - and at about the same time I might add - when Kaylee was staring at my cousins tree was "Oh look something shiny"! That's our girl! LOL
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:07 AM   #661
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

Good morning all.

Enjoy your new tree and new traditions Barb. I am glad she is attracted to shiny things!!

My living room is still not clean. Guess who gets to do it on her day off? I did get a few things set up in the yard.

I just need to realize that they aren't helping and either do it myself or it will not get done. I am not sure if they would even notice. They don't notice a sink full of dishes!
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:11 AM   #662
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,757
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
Good morning all.

Enjoy your new tree and new traditions Barb. I am glad she is attracted to shiny things!!

My living room is still not clean. Guess who gets to do it on her day off? I did get a few things set up in the yard.

I just need to realize that they aren't helping and either do it myself or it will not get done. I am not sure if they would even notice. They don't notice a sink full of dishes!
Yep, we have had this conversation before! My family is the same way. They notice notice how messy anything gets. I have to nag and nag to get them to do anything.

DH will complain but he is also one of the offenders and doesn't realize it!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:11 AM   #663
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,757
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Sounds like Kaylee takes after her grandma!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #664
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Yep, we have had this conversation before! My family is the same way. They notice notice how messy anything gets. I have to nag and nag to get them to do anything.

DH will complain but he is also one of the offenders and doesn't realize it!
At least I am not alone, I am just tired of it
__________________
Pia

Last edited by PMR; 12-06-2010 at 06:56 AM..
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:36 AM   #665
Watercolor Wizard
 
mysweetsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,946
Default

Pia, I feel your pain. At least there is reassurance knowing that your not the only one right? It always makes me feel better knowing that. Have you ever noticed that is when unexpected company comes by too? Sink full of dishes, trash is overflowing, laundry has been "dropped" off, counters have crumbs all over, shoes strewn about the floor.......

Nancy,
Did you know any of the wrestlers that were in the bus rollover by Iowa City? We read that in the paper yesterday morning. Hoping that no one was seriously hurt. DS #2 keeps tabs on alot of wrestlers throughout the state that he knows through AAU and Team Iowa.

Ducki,
That must mean she'll like lots of glittery embellishments too, right?
__________________
Natalie
mysweetsix is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #666
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

Natalie,
I have adopted the motto--"Love me, love my mess"
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:12 AM   #667
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

Hello, mothers of girls--I am doing a craft night for middle schoolers on the 18th, any ideas for projects? I was thinking Christmas tags, my question is will they be interested? I was also thinking a little book for pictures of friends, I have this sizzix die Sizzix.com - Sizzix Originals Die - Album Cover & Page.

It is a drop in, they are at the teen center from 7-9:30, but they do not have to do crafts the whole time.
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #668
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

Well, the new tree looks good, but the house is a disaster! I've been running the electric broom through the house to keep the dirt and dust level down. I do still have a few boxes of canned stuff sitting in the kitchen from the last time we got groceries, and all the boxes are still setting in the living room from Christmas decorations, and the guys' hunting clothes are still hung on the back of kitchen chairs, etc, etc....so it's not that my house is lovely and organized, but replacing my tree with such a value to me was a big step! The rest will get done as we have the time and energy to do it...baby comes first, then comes farm chores, then the house brings up the rear.
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #669
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
Hello, mothers of girls--I am doing a craft night for middle schoolers on the 18th, any ideas for projects? I was thinking Christmas tags, my question is will they be interested? I was also thinking a little book for pictures of friends, I have this sizzix die Sizzix.com - Sizzix Originals Die - Album Cover & Page.

It is a drop in, they are at the teen center from 7-9:30, but they do not have to do crafts the whole time.
I can't see an interest in tags, but maybe cards they could send to friends and family. If they have never stamped before that should be fun for them...or maybe even a gift of some sort for Mom for Christmas and hand stamped wrapping paper. I think the picture book is an awesome idea too! Charli made a locker organizer one time it held little pieces of note paper and a couple pens and had a magnet on the back to stick to her locker door...I'm pretty sure she posted it in her gallery back then, but not positive. It's been a while! We have also made the little altered notebooks and pen sets and they are simple to make but not as cheap as other projects and I don't know what kind of budget you are working with. That's as creative as I can get for you on limited sleep....
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #670
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

Pia that die is cute! just checked it out...
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #671
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,757
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Well Pia, I won't' be much help! My DD doesn't get into crafts and I have tried. That die is cute though. I would go with that idea.

Sorry to hear about your beloved tree. I know you still have your memories of the tree and your bother.
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #672
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

Thanks, I was thinking the tags would not be of great use but they could make a little set to give as a gift. I think the friend book is what I will do and then bring some extra stuff so they can just play. I hate dragging everything I own which is what I have done in the past.

I am heading to the state house with my oldest. The HS strings orchestra has been invited to play for the governor at the state house tree lighting, it is very exciting! This is our 2nd year.
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #673
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Well Pia, I won't' be much help! My DD doesn't get into crafts and I have tried. That die is cute though. I would go with that idea.

Sorry to hear about your beloved tree. I know you still have your memories of the tree and your bother.
It's time for a new tree and traditions since Kaylee is here! My old tree had been around long enough and it was one of those that had some flocking on it and most of it was gone...it really was sad looking and it was time for it to be recycled. Her Mommy & Daddy went and picked out the tree and decorated it for her first Christmas! We put all her gifts under it today too....she must have been a really good girl! LOL

Poor Mommy & Daddy will be awful busy opening her presents for her while Gramma plays with her! hehehe
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #674
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
Thanks, I was thinking the tags would not be of great use but they could make a little set to give as a gift. I think the friend book is what I will do and then bring some extra stuff so they can just play. I hate dragging everything I own which is what I have done in the past.

I am heading to the state house with my oldest. The HS strings orchestra has been invited to play for the governor at the state house tree lighting, it is very exciting! This is our 2nd year.
Wow! What an honor and 2 years in a row even! Congrats to DS!
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #675
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

The tree lighting was great, even though we could not wait for the actual tree lighting, we had to be back by 6. For once he was in the front, if the news ever posts the footage I will link it here.
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #676
Watercolor Wizard
 
ducki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the country where it's peaceful and quiet
Posts: 8,602
Default

I hope they do post it! That should make DS very happy! He deserves some time in the spotlight. It will do him good!

On another note..never buy a bib that says I just pulled an all nighter! I swear Kaylee could read that bib when her Mommy got it out this evening! We were up at 12:15 and again at 2. I can't wait to see how long she sleeps this time! Grandma does enjoy our time together in evening feedings, but she does like a little sleep too! LOL
__________________
I Design For PPbN

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm

Last edited by ducki; 12-06-2010 at 10:57 PM..
ducki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:52 AM   #677
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,757
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Yes, Pia, let us know if it makes it on the news. How exciting to go two yrs in a row!!

ducki, could thing you aren't working! I do not miss those sleepless nights!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #678
Glitter Guru
 
NancyLuvsMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Iowa
Posts: 11,628
Default

Nat ~ no, I didn't know any of the wrestlers but I heard one of the boys broke his neck... Not paralyzed, but has a broken neck... I'm guessing his wrestling days are over... I also heard the bus rolled twice... They got lucky that no one got killed...

Pia ~ congrats on the oldest DS playing for the governor again... And my family is falling back into their old habits too... I think it's time for another melt down...

Ducki ~ bummer about your tooth... I broke one of mine (filling fell out and took part of the tooth with it) a couple weeks ago... I have an appointment in January to take care of it... I'm hoping he can fix it but if he can't then it'll get pulled... I'm not doing the root canal thingy... And I've seen pictures of Kaylee on facebook and she's ADORABLE!!!

NancyH ~ don't you have a Disney trip coming up??? One of my co-workers is there this week and she said it's colder than blazes down there right now... Coat, mittens and hats...

All ~ sorry I've been MIA the past couple of weeks... Oldest DD lost a classmate to suicide... Middle DS is on in school suspension... And youngest DS had a double ear infection... And on Sunday one of the neighbors daughter ran a stop sign on a gravel road (she was a junior in HS) and was t-boned and killed instantly... I'm ready for 2010 to be over with...

Nancy...
__________________
4x6 scrapbook page blocks ~ Due Nov 11th
Click on the above link and join me in this amazing swap!!!
NancyLuvsMickey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #679
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,418
Default

Oh Nancy what an awful set of events. Losing a child is the worst pain ever. Unfortunately in my family we have buried 3 little ones. My cousin lost her young son 9 years ago, he was 1 day older than my middle ds. My cousin and his wife lost both of their kids in a horrific car crash in January 2009. It really is the saddest thing ever.
__________________
Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:02 AM   #680
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,757
Send a message via AIM to nhagen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
Nat ~ no, I didn't know any of the wrestlers but I heard one of the boys broke his neck... Not paralyzed, but has a broken neck... I'm guessing his wrestling days are over... I also heard the bus rolled twice... They got lucky that no one got killed...

Pia ~ congrats on the oldest DS playing for the governor again... And my family is falling back into their old habits too... I think it's time for another melt down...

Ducki ~ bummer about your tooth... I broke one of mine (filling fell out and took part of the tooth with it) a couple weeks ago... I have an appointment in January to take care of it... I'm hoping he can fix it but if he can't then it'll get pulled... I'm not doing the root canal thingy... And I've seen pictures of Kaylee on facebook and she's ADORABLE!!!

NancyH ~ don't you have a Disney trip coming up??? One of my co-workers is there this week and she said it's colder than blazes down there right now... Coat, mittens and hats...

All ~ sorry I've been MIA the past couple of weeks... Oldest DD lost a classmate to suicide... Middle DS is on in school suspension... And youngest DS had a double ear infection... And on Sunday one of the neighbors daughter ran a stop sign on a gravel road (she was a junior in HS) and was t-boned and killed instantly... I'm ready for 2010 to be over with...

Nancy...
Oh, Nancy that is terrible!

Yep, we are going to Disney after Christmas. SO I hope this cold snap is over by then!
__________________
My Blog
Design Team Member:
Creative Knockouts
Crafting When We Can
nhagen is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off