Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #4281
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

I didn't realize how large Radio City Music Hall is!

I'm not sure I will be able to find you, LOL!!

Did you have a good time?
Crafting When We Can
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #4282
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Nancy,
You couldn't see us, I just watched online! There were 5400 people. It was a GREAT show! It was really moving and empowering. I am so glad we went. We had fun walking all over NYC. We walked over 10 miles. We had a good lunch, just a sandwich. Ate a very yummy cupcake! We went to starbucks a few times to charge things and use the wifi. Oh we stopped at the American Girl store and Nintendo store. I intend to bring the kids, but will stay overnight. I am going to nap now! I got home at 4:30 and up at 7:30. Luckily we caught the 11 bus and didn't have to wait til 12:30
Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #4283
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you had a good time. I haven't watched the recording yet.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #4284
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

It was a really good show! I slept the day away. I feel better. Now I have to get back to cleaning, cooking, etc
Old 04-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #4285
Glitter Guru

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...gux8mfyyj1.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #4286
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

same to you nancy, stop by when you can!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #4287
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all we gotta keep our chat thread going! Busy week here, it was a little nuts on Tuesday. I had to leave work early so dh could take middle ds and a few Scouts on a field trip to irobot. They make roomba and other robots. Cool trip! Oldest was supposed to have a meeting at dunkin donuts to fill out paper work for his new job, yes a JOB! They weren't ready so I left early for nothing, oh well. We had something every night. Yesterday I sold raffle tickets outside the grocery store (thanks for texting Nancy-it kept me busy). That was 3.5 hours out of my day. I witnessed a truck hitting a parked SUV and then backing out and moving to another spot. Another customer got the license plates. I spoke to the owner of the suv, the truck driver tried to deny it even though they had damage and paint chips on the truck. The police officer took care of it.

Today I dragged dh out of bed before 8 to go for a walk. I dragged him 3 miles. He was a little slow but he finished. They they drove me to work and went to visit my inlaws. I am here til 7. Thom has to come back and pick me up. His escape is making funny noises so he didn't want to take it all the way to his parents. It is about a 45 minute drive. We have to take it in for service on Weds.

The boys (younger 2) have no school this week. My oldest has his first shift at dunkin donuts tomorrow!! I have a few day trips planned with the younger 2 and my mother. We are hoping to go to Six Flags, an armory museum and possibly the zoo. Sounds good to me, but I should have planned a Disney vacation! I can dream right?! My bank account needs re-building. Also our new acc't (this will be the only time I use them) told us they can't get our taxes done on time so we have to file an extension, NOT happy!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #4288
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad I could be of service yesterday!

I can"t believe that ruck tried to get away with hitting the suv. With witnesses too!

I can't believe how much time off your kids get. Do they start school really early? We started 8/23 or 24 and they get out on June 5th.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #4289
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

We start at the end of Aug. Then a week off at Christmas, one in Feb and one in April. We are getting out June 12 this year. We had ZERO snow days! I know some schools get 2 weeks in March maybe. Tomorrow is Patriot's Day, a Massachusetts holiday.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #4290
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

The funny thing is them denying it, the store manager said it was so obvious! They changed their tune when the officer showed up! This kind of stuff happens every day I think, what jerks!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #4291
Stazon Splitcoast

We just get the one week at Christmas and one in March. They did get a whole week at Thanksgiving but I heard that won't happen anymore starting next year.

In VA we always started the day after labor day. Got one week at Christmas, One at Easter and got out around the 15th of June. Depending on what Friday that is. Sometimes it has been the 17th.

I guess the guy thought nobody saw him and he could walk away! I had someone key my car once when I was in high school. But we saw them do and walked back to my car and saw the damage. Wrote down their plate # and filed a report. I bet they were a little surprised when the police came knocking. They had to pay for the damage!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #4292
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Some people are just jerks, lets be honest.

Some towns here still start after Labor Day. We get out earlier than many towns here. The week in April is the 3rd week, it goes with Patriot's Day.

Oldest starts his new job tomorrow. I am so excited I keep talking about it. he just needs the responsibility! He did his online training today. We have to run to Kohls to get a white polo shirt. They give him an apron.

Gotta run Celebrite Apprentice is back on. I don't know why but I like it.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #4293
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and get this. Once I was rear-ended in freeway traffic. I got the license plate and filed a police report. I contacted the police months later to find out if they contacted the guy etc. They told me he was a student and they felt sorry for him! ***?

I had to file with my insurance etc. Of course it wasn't my fault but he should have paid out not my insurance.

So did he pass the coffee test?

Is he excited?
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #4294
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

He is doing all right at work. It is day 3. They gave him way too many hours this week, so I hope he talks to them to cut back. He is a full time student so he can't work 30 hours!

We went to Six Flags today, it was fun. But I am exhausted!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #4295
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you guys had fun at Six Flags!

30 hours is a lot for a full time student. Why did they schedule him so much?

Did you watch last nights Biggest Loser?

I had read they all were going to walk out but that is ridiculous when they signed a contract that explicitly said the other contestants had an opportunity to come back and go to the finale.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #4296
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I missed a few days. The BL thing was a joke! Do they not watchthe show? Spoiled babies I say, they are so lucky to be there!

My oldest has just as many hours this week, he didn't talk to the mgr early enough in the week.

Gotta run, we are a one car family right now and I have to drop a few of them off.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #4297
Stazon Splitcoast

Did you have a good week with boys?

This group on the BL is spoiled! Just like when they got mad the the grey team got brought back. What kills me is that it was in the contract that they signed!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #4298
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

We had a good week. It was tough at the end with one car in the shop.

I agree about BL, there is no one I even like this season! I wonder if they will be back next week. Do they have to pay if they leave? You never see Rulan who left last season on any commercials, etc.

Back to work/school tomorrow. Well I don't have work but I have to drive oldest to work. I hope our other car is back tomorrow. It should be done by the evening.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #4299
Stazon Splitcoast

I know! They never mention him and show him on any episodes where they show past contestants etc.

DH's car is in the shop too. Except DS has an appointment in the morning and I need my car tomorrow. He is trying to get a co-worker to give him a ride. I hope so!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #4300
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

We are hoping ours is back tonight! We did okay today. DH took youngest to school, it is pouring here. Oldest has my car for school. I will drive him to work for noon. I have to take the little one to karate and then pick up oldest from work. As long as we have the car tomorrow it will be fine. I need to work tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #4301
Stazon Splitcoast

DH hitched he'd a ride. I need to take DS to an appt. hopefully he'll get his car back today. Otherwise he can take mine tomorrow.

You have a busy day!

How does DS like his new job?
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #4302
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Nancy,
he is okay with the new job. He has 30 hours again this week, way too many. He is talking to the mgr today. I think 20 is good. he is also working 5 days which is a lot. They split the tips so he has over $30 in 4 days so that is great for him. It is much better than Mcd. He doesn't come home stinking so much! The people he works with seem pretty good too. Two of his friends might apply there. They close at 10 which is good too, he still can meet his friends after work if they want to do something.

Mondays are busy for me. At least CCD is over so that is one less thing to do. I am going to try to get to the bottom of my ironing pile. And of course laundry. The dishes are almost done.

How is DS feeling?

I priced airline tickets to California but it would be way too expensive for the 5 of us. We might just take oldest in the fall before his bf goes to Afghanistan. He is trying to come home in July. I think we will stick with the Niagara Falls idea. I keep looking at a cruise though! That will be next year, I just need to keep reminding myself of that.

OKay my iron is calling!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #4303
Stazon Splitcoast

30 hours is a lot for a full time student. Hopefully his boss will reduce his hours.

I don't know if we are taking any trips this year or not. We have to drive to VA to pick up all of DD's stuff from college. She gets out in a few weeks but DH will have to fly out and pack her up and bring her home. He will leave her stuff at his dad's house and we will drive back out later to get it all.

We can't go out there and pick it up when she gets out due to DS has appointments we can't cancel.

He is feeling fine.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #4304
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad he is feeling good. I was pricing out a Disney vacation today. The prices are good but with all that we have this summer we could only squeeze in a week and I want to go longer. I want to get to Universal too. So maybe next year!

I am just about done with the ironing. I think I have 3 or 4 more shirts to do. I managed laundry, dishes and some food shopping after I got my wheels back. I think DH is picking up our oldest after work. So I just have the karate run and of course dinner!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #4305
Stazon Splitcoast

DH won't get his car back until tomorrow.

I can only handle Disney for a week. Day one is Downtown Disney because we are too tired from travelling to go to the parks. We do 2 days Magic Kingdom, 1 day Animal Kingdom, 1 day Epcot is our usual itinerary. That isn't even a week. I don't buy the multi park passes. Too much money!

We haven't been to Disneyland since 2004. I wouldn't mind going there next time.

I want to go to Yellowstone. I have never been there. I want to take the kids to see the Grand Canyon. I haven't been there in years. I want to take vacations like that for the next few years!
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #4306
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I have never been to Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon either. I say 2 weeks at Disney but that includes Universal and now Legoland.

I love DL, we went in 2010. We haven't been to WDW since 2006. I wanted to go in2010 but got outvoted. that is what I get for asking. I am looking forward to Niagara falls. The last 2 passports arrived so now I feel better about booking the trip. I also have a mini vacation with the younger 2 to Lake George in June. We get out earlier than many schools. there is a six flags there, it is small and nice. Their hotel is nice too, it has an indoor water park. Again, small and hasn't been crowded when we go.

As for DL, I think you would enjoy it. I like California Adventure and I love that you can walk everywhere! We stayed at the Paradise Pier, but the Wilderness lodge looks neat. I will not pay a huge amount for a hotel, so we picked the cheapest Disney hotel there was. You can stay off site for less, but there really wasn't much of a difference so we stayed there. The World of Color show is AWESOME and worth every cent you spend! Remember the park tickets are cheaper there.

I priced out a package with food and tickets and for 4 of us it really isn't bad. We are just too limited this year. DH has a bunch of camping commitments and then Boy Scout and Cub Scout camps. I also need to be home while my parents are gone away. My sister and I are going to split the childcare so I can't just say sorry gone on vacation!

Ironing done, lots of dinners cooked, now we just need to head to karate.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #4307
Stazon Splitcoast

California Adventure was open when we went in 2004. I do like how Disneyland has everything in 2 parks. They have the same rides or similar but spreading them out in 4 parks drives me crazy at WDW.

We usually stay at the Disneyland Hotel and then walk through DT Disney to the monorail.

When I was growing up we went to Disneyland every summer! All my cousins, aunts & uncles and grandparents lived in So Ca so we went to visit every summer with a Disneyland trip.
Crafting When We Can
Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #4308
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

That's cool. I actually priced out airline tix to CA so we could stop by Pendleton, 500 each is way too much when there are 5 of us! Maybe in the fall oldest and dh could go for a long weekend.

I am going to book the Niagara stuff soon. That will settle my travel bug.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #4309
Stazon Splitcoast

Pia, are you watching The Biggest Loser Finale?

I can't believe how much younger Roy looks!!!!!!
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #4310
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I know, he looked good. I never really liked him though. I am glad Conda didn't win, but I wish it wasnt her brother either! They all look great!

I am at work today, then off tomorrow. It is a little crazy here with all the construction.

We have a concert tomorrow night for Strings. Tonight we are all getting together to get stuff ready for the trip to Lake George. i am not sure how many kids are going. The on Saturday, I am running a lunch sale at the town meeting for you guessed it Strings!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #4311
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't want any of them to win!

They were kind of a spoiled and bratty group this season. Many didn't really lose any more weight then the last episode when they all came on the show. Don't they have three months until the finale?
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #4312
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I think so, most looked like they still have a long way to go. I was not crazy about this season either.

I have been watching Downton Abbey on netflix that is a good show!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #4313
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll check it out. I was watching The River (on the ABC app on my iPad).

You sound busy like usually!
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #4314
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I just can't get a break. I had a great day today. I met a fellow scs'er. She is on wish rak-- thumbunny. Karen--kchase--and I met her for lunch. We had such a great time!

Tonight was our Strings concert. Tomorrow I have a bunch of errands for the luncheon I am running for Strings on Saturday.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #4315
Stazon Splitcoast

How fun you got to meet another SCS'er!

We bought a third card today do we can have anextra car for DD to drive if she takes summer classes at the community college or (hopefully) gets a summer job.

We were gone almost all day.
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #4316
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

We need another car, but we are waiting for dh to get a new work one. If he gets one w/o the logos he can drive it after work and on weekends. We have to pay a little every month but it will be worth it.

Busy day today. I have to get moving on cleaning this messy house!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #4317
Stazon Splitcoast

That would be great if he could get a work car that can be used after hours etc.

Mission get DD packed and out of her dorm and back to IL was successful! They are on the plane still headed back and should probably be back home in a few more hours!

DH is going to be exhausted. He woke up at 3:15 this morning to get to the airport!

Now we just have to figure out when we can actually drive back out and get her stuff from the in-laws house.
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-05-2012, 04:04 AM   #4318
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

They must be home now nancy! Have fun travelling to get all her stuff!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #4319
Stazon Splitcoast

They got home at 12:30am!

DH is still asleep.
Crafting When We Can
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #4320
Glitter Guru

Nancy ~ Is DD going to go back to that college in the fall or is she going to go to one closer to home???

Pia ~ How cool to meet kchase in person...