Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #4041
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nhagen

Happy Anniversary!

I was wondering what had happened to you. I hope your feeling better. If I hadn't heard from you by tomorrow, I was going to have call!
Crafting When We Can
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #4042
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
This will be interesting to see who holds out the longest! You have known your DH almost as long as I have known mine!

The scrapping isn't happening. The picture is out and I looked at sketches and I am not sure yet what to do.

That's cool. You didn't mention that is the mom of your "other" son! I have a black/red belt in white tiger kung fu and kenpo karate. Never got to finish and get my black belt.
Yup he is the 4th Tom! My bil is Tom too!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #4043
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Barb, I hope you feel better!

We met in 1985 started dating for real in 1986, everyone assumed we started dating in 85 cuz we were always together.

CONGRATS Barb!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #4044
Stazon Splitcoast

I got married in 1986!
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #4045
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh wow Nancy, 1991 for us, it took us awhile! And we both needed to finish college. I graduated in 88 and Thom in 89
Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #4046
Stazon Splitcoast

I graduated in March '88. Someone couldn't wait. He already finished school that's why!
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #4047
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Luckily I finished my masters in May 1993 and had Thomas in July!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #4048
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

cold and rainy night here
Old 02-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #4049
Stazon Splitcoast

Just got the kiddos to bed and we are going to watch a movie.
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #4050
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

We are having a very windy day. I got a lot done at the crop. Everyone is gone home now. We start early now and everyone is home for dinner. I used all swap pages and borders to get stuff done. I am going back to my table to work on more pages.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #4051
Stazon Splitcoast

That's great Pia!

I got nothing done today!
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #4052
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I just put my 3rd roll of tape in my atg that shows how much I am getting done! I think I am close to being done to 2009! Now that is exciting!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #4053
Stazon Splitcoast

That is great Pia!!
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #4054
Watercolor Wizard

You guys have too much energy! I'm going to take a nap. It's been a long night & day. Brandi is going back with Mike, and I have a lot of mixed emotions about that, but they will be going to counseling, and he will be going to a tech school in near future for mechanics. I really wish she would have stayed here and let her head clear out a while before making a decision, but I'm very glad that she is away from the people she was staying with. There turned out to be a lot more bad about that situation than there was good. Now the trick is going to be getting the rest of her stuff from them. As the Mommy I'm doing my best to just be there for her and listen, and what she's telling me is that she wants her family back together. She will be dropping the PFA tomorrow, or finding out how to at least, and I have had a chat with Mike too. He knows where I stand in only wanting my daughter to be happy in life, and my grandson to have a loving home and be a big part of our lives as well. Please pray for them as a family that things go smoothly from here on out. I'm not the happiest Mom in the world right now, but at least from talking with Brandi and Mike both, I'm not the unhappiest either. It's always something. Why can't things just go smoothly for at least a couple days in a row? I'm ready for a break and too old and decrepid to have all this stress. Thanks for letting me vent guys! There are just some things you don't want to talk about, but writing it down helps, and you guys are fantastic! I'm so happy I have a great group of online friends!!

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #4055
Stazon Splitcoast

I am praying and keeping everything crossed that things go well for Brandi and CJ. That is terrible that the place she was at turned out to be not such a good place after all!

Hopefully things with Mike will be better this time. Since she has left before he knows she might do it again!

Get some rest!!

I don't have that much energy. DD1 is taking it all. She's driving me crazy from afar!!
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #4056
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Barb,
I hope for the best. I think many women take what they know and who they think they can get. They are afraid to be alone so will take anyone. We have a few relationships in our life like that.

You know we are here for you!!

Nancy, what is dd1 up to? I was hoping that when ds goes off to school rather than commuting it would get easier, are you bursting my bubble??

We had a good day. We went for a walk at the beach and then out for ice cream. Of course now I need to put all my scrap stuff away. I am off on Mondays so I should have time in the morning. I am meeting my bf for coffee and a little shopping. We are going to bed bath beyond and tuesday morning.

Have a great night all, I am watching Amazing race.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #4057
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I forget to tell you I have been using all swap stuff for my pages and then I worked on organizing a little more. I had the borders divided by season, but then I sorted them further. So now I have winter, Christmas, new years, spring, girl, boy, food, animals, school, etc. I hope it is easier for me. It was worth the time I put in. I am just trying to decide if I should buy more isis cases or just keep them in the huge ziploc bags.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #4058
Stazon Splitcoast

I saw a scrap organization product (that I have no intention of buying) but it has some good ideas about how to organize your stuff.

- Alphabets and Numbers
- Themes A-Z
- The Calendar
- The Rainbow

Section One – Alphabets and Numbers
These items are used on almost every kind of page regardless of the style, season, event or page content. Often times you will use a variety of colors or styles on one page layout. This is the reason they are filed separately rather than grouped within The Rainbow.

Section Two – Themes A to Z
This is a section for keeping all of your theme or event specific papers and embellishments. Things like Art, Birthday, Camping, Travel, Weather… It’s helpful when you are organizing this section to keep a Table of Contents. This will keep you more focused when you remember that you have Weather section instead of a Rain section.

Section Three – The Calendar
This is as simple as it sounds. January through December. This is where you will store holiday and season specific papers and embellishments. Using The Calendar allows you to store subjects you might use together, close together, i.e., Christmas in The Calendar would also be next to New Year’s Eve, Winter, and Thanksgiving, Easter would be next to Spring, etc.

Section Four – The Rainbow
This section should contain all of your solid colored supplies as well as patterned papers that are not theme specific (plaids, dots, stripes, etc.). This includes; Buttons, Brads, Eyelets, Fibers, Bows, Paper, etc. Remember the idea is to have everything in one place. When you need a red embellishment you don’t want to dig and search, you just want to flip to red.
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #4059
Stazon Splitcoast

DD is driving me crazy with college. She sends me an email that she wants to go to this school in WV that is basically $60k in glorified horseback riding lessons! No degree either when you are done!

Good thing she is long distance otherwise I would have flipped my wig! There would have been screaming and yelling involved.

She said she wants to be a horse trainer and riding instructor now instead of equine veterinarian.

I found a university in IL that has an animal science major with an emphasis on Equine science. FINALLY after she looked at the website herself she came to her senses about the bachelor's degree. At first she was trying to tell me that it didn't look like a very good school. She had to find out for herself everything I had been trying to tell her.
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #4060
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Gotcha, she needs a degree, bottom line! I have pushed ds to school and am hoping for the best. He needs a confidence boost, he is still not adjusting to the add, at least that is my opinion.

That system is too much for me! I have all my solid cs in one place, sorted by color. As for ribbon it is in jars sorted by color. The stamps are just on shelves. cricut cartridges are alphabetized. The full pages from swaps are just in a bin, I do not have a huge amount of those left so I just dig through. I started sorting patterned paper but am still working on it. I do have 12x12 isis cases for paper, like Christmas, fall, and scout stuff. They do not really fit in the cabinets so I am not sure they are for me. For the single stamps, they are sorted by theme. I do not have many stickers left so those are just in a bag. It is the borders that were bugging me, I have way too many!!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #4061
Stazon Splitcoast

Use them up!
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #4062
Stazon Splitcoast

I have an Iris storage tower with the 6 boxes and I have all the solid CS sorted into those. 2 colors per box - pinks/reds, greens, yellows/oranges, whites/creams, blacks/browns, blues/purples

If it is in a pad of paper, I just keep the solids pads of cs together. Those are good to throw a bunch in the scrap bag.

I have the pattern dp sorted by theme. If it came ona pad and it is assorted then the pad just stays together with other misc pads of DP

I have another IRIS tower with all the embellies sorted as follows - I have one just for all things bling, one is seasonal (Christmas, winter, fall, halloween etc), one is alpha stickers, words, phrases, one is travel/nature/animals, one is all things Disney, the last is a misc bin (school, kids, whatever doesn't go in the other bins).

All the ribbon is together, most is sorted by theme and color. Then I have all the brads and buttons and they are all in jars.

I put all my embossing folders into a 3-ring, 3" binder, all nesties in a binder. small sizzlets and cuttlekids in a binder. I just put all the cling/vinyl stamps into a binder. All the wood mounted stamps I threw into a box for now.

I also have Iris boxes for all the 12x12 lo's from swaps. All the borders from swaps are in a clear box sorted with a paper facing out with a list of all the types of borders etc in the box plus it has recipe swaps and tags in a bag and rolodex swaps in it.
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #4063
Stazon Splitcoast

Barb, I know you like penguins and I found a cute, free SVG file.

Direct link to download:
In my craft room: Freebies

Picture of the penguin (turkey and snowman too):
In my craft room: Christmas card cut files: MTC + SVG
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #4064
Watercolor Wizard

I don't think this is a case of her settling for what she knows she can get, because my sister in law wanted to set her up with a fellow she works with. He's a great guy, has a job, a vehicle, works hard, etc. I think it's more a case of wanting CJ to have both his parents loving him together as a family. However, I do think (& pray) that she will not hesitate to leave if there is trouble again. I really think she wants to be with Mike, and since he's taking his meds he is okay. He's agreed to counseling together, and is going to school through OVR so that he can learn a trade, and get a job. I'm just praying it's not all lies and the relationship will be rebuilt with trust and honesty instead of lies. I point blank told him that too. It's so hard to be supportive of her decision right now, but I'm trying!

I just bought a iris paper organizer tower from JoAnn's the other day Nancy! I got it online for 50 something during an online only sale they had. It's a black plastic cart that has wheels you can put on and holds 6 iris cases 12x12 - that came with it. I am not putting the wheels on it and am using it on the table so I don't have to reach down low to get things out. I'm seriously thinking about buying another one for solid colrs since Nancy just gave me that idea!

My cases are: nature & Animals, Baby, stripes/plaids/designs, flowers, themed designs (beach, holidays, etc), and the very top one is full of plastic sleeves that have projects sorted I'm working on, or just papers I bought that go together I'm planning on using soon, and layouts I have just made for challenges online and haven't got the babies pics in and assembled yet. I also have a few swaps that I kept for in the babies books in there too. The rest of them are in Charli's stuff to use or we have passed them on to others we know that may use them. I just finished going through all my dp and gave Charli anything I didn't think I was going to use. If she didn't want it she put it in the yard sale stack.

We are doing a yard sale at our lss the end of next month, and hoping to sell some paper piecings and layouts. Since I just got the new paper storage I thought it was the perfect time to go through all the dp, and we could see if someone else is interested in what we no longer want and need. I also have some 6x6 albums left out of the case I bought on ebay last summer that I would like to try and get rid of to make more room. Store credit in a store I can't get out of cheaper than 20.00every time I visit sounds great to me, and room to actually scrap in my room is ever better!! The things we don't get rid of at the yard sale will go to my scrapping buddy where Chas works. She loves anything I give her to scrap with, and I have a pile again for her.

I'm really trying to get my space organized so that I can try to make and sell paper piecings online down the road, for my own sanity and sense of worth. I don't like not having my own money I earned to spend on scrapping things. Dh is wonderful and never looks at it as his money, it's always been ours no matter who earned it. I'm hoping after a few more months here I can maybe sell enough stuff to buy what I want new, and support my own habit!

Old 02-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #4065
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Barb, I know you like penguins and I found a cute, free SVG file.

Direct link to download:
In my craft room: Freebies

Picture of the penguin (turkey and snowman too):
In my craft room: Christmas card cut files: MTC + SVG
2 cute! I'll download the files when my internet is running a little faster! Thanks! They could easily be made just by cutting the shapes out on the cricut without a cut file. The snowman Is my favorite I think! I have bought so many penguin files that are adorable, and never cut any out yet, but I'm prepared when I do need them!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #4066
Stazon Splitcoast

I know those penguins and snowmen and turkey can easily be cut using existing cricut cartridges but it is easier when someone else already put it all together in one place! LOL

I thought they were super cute and creative.

I have 3 of those Iris towers Barb! Mine are white. The 3rd one has all my Basic Grey paper. Each case is stuffed!

I also have these towers that have six drawers in them. I got them at Staples I think online. The drawers hold 8.5x11 paper and that's what I have in it, by color same order as the Iris 12x12 tower. I want another set for my solid scraps and another set for my dp scraps!

I also put a lot of my DP into my crop bag and my crop tote. Just to save space right now since I had to move everything to my dining room temporarily.

I am tgrying not to buy scrap stuff. I have been pretty good. I did go to TM a few day ago and bought some paper. Solid CS and one pad of DP.
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #4067
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I have my old crop tote full of disney stuff. I have the solid card on shelves in cropper hopper boxes. I have the patterned paper in a huge rubber tote right now. I really don't have space for it right now.

I just went to Tuesday morning an bought lots of the cs Nancy recommends. You can't beat the price.

I have lots of the 12x12 cases, I will consider putting the borders in them if I buy more but I am not sure where I could put them. I could get one of the carts, I think it would fit. I could also just pile them neatly in a little corner I have. They might stick out just a little.

I had a great morning with my. We went to bed bath beyond, michaels, tuesday morning and the grocery store. After I finish my lunch, I am going to finish the page I am scrapping and then put my stuff away. I have a little time before the boys get home.

Mondays are busy--CCD then karate and I need to cook dinner before I leave.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #4068
Stazon Splitcoast

Was the cs in the 100 sheet pkg or the 48 sheet pkg?

When they had the 100 sheet pkg all the cs was textured. When I opened the 48 sheet pkg last night, some were not textured. There was some shiny cs in there though. It is still a really good deal.
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #4069
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I forgot to mention those iris carts can be stacked! I did put the one that holds all the embellies on top of the one with the solid cs. They take up less room that way!
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #4070
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I will have to look at them. I will measure my spot first!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #4071
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

The 12x12 cases fit perfectly and don't stick out, I think the cart would be a little too big but I will look at in when I see a good sale. Joann's web site is down right now.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #4072
Stazon Splitcoast

Make sure you have a coupon! LOL

I try to get them when they have 50% off scrap storage at Michaels.
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #4073
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

The cs was 48 sheets some textured some not, I only opened one pack. I bought 4 and 2 packs of ugly ac paper, but the backs are colors I need. One is grey and the other is yellow. They moved stuff in the store around so I had trouble finding the stuff. I bought some ac pop dots too, I should have bought more. I will get back there.

I will keep thinking about the cart, but the cases just stacked look fine too, and I can save $$$.

I have been pricing out summer vacations so I need to save!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #4074
Stazon Splitcoast

It sounds like the CS was the same! They didn't have any good AC and no pop dots either. I would have gotten some. I did get some chipboard letters!
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #4075
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I may go back next week, we will see!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #4076
Stazon Splitcoast

hahahahaha....do you like the cardstock?

They are a wholesaler. I think the paper you see at LSS and it doesn't say who makes it, is the same paper. I think I have bought some at my old LSS!
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #4077
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

The cs seems like a good weight. Do you use it in your cricut? The price is right, 8 cents a sheet! I put most of my stuff away. I have a card swap to finish!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #4078
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not sure if I have used it in the Cricut yet, LOL I might have but I can't remember.

I seem to be able to match it up with DP better than the Bazzill.
Crafting When We Can
Old 02-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #4079
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I am too cheap to buy bazzill. I will if I am at the lss and need it to match certain paper. I do like the AC stuff but wish I could buy it around here. The colors of the stuff I got today seem easy to match. I am getting over having perfect matches.

I am getting off my butt and working on those cards.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #4080
Stazon Splitcoast

I try to buy all my paper when it is on sale. I have bought a lot on Joann's website when they have sales. That's the only way I can get AC cardstock.

There is always that time you need one or two sheets and have to pay full price!
Crafting When We Can