Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: When should Boozapalooza take place?
Thursday, June 9 - Sunday, June 12 3 25.00%
Thursday, June 23 - Sunday, June 26 3 25.00%
Thursday, June 30 - Sunday, July 3 2 16.67%
Thursday, July 7 - Sunday, July 10 3 25.00%
Thursday, July 14 - Sunday, July 17 5 41.67%
Thursday, July 21 - Sunday, July 24 7 58.33%
Thursday, July 28 - Sunday, July 31 6 50.00%
Thursday, August 4 - Sunday, August 7 11 91.67%
Thursday, August 11 - Sunday, August 14 8 66.67%
Thursday, August 18 - Sunday, August 21 5 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #481
Polar Bear Patrol

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon & Alex's mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsmtScrapper View Post
I feel like I want to have my boyfriend take me out this weekend. But...I don't think he'll want to go anywhere.

Yesterday he got hurt at work. Then to top it off, he got written up for it. It's partly his fault, but not entirely. They were trying to install/mount a motor in a machine. The motor slipped off the bolts and hit Shane square in the chest. He's lucky he didn't break a rib or get sliced open or have it fall to the ground and break his foot. He thinks his buddy who was helping lift wasn't paying attention to lining up the bolts.

He and a buddy were waiting on some schmuck who was off wandering. The finally decided to do it themselves. The should have waited for a 3rd man. Or used the forklift to hold the motor.

Stupid. Shane was written up for not waiting, not using proper equipment and not using longer bolts. Nice, eh? He has a huge scrape in the middle of his chest. I'm sure it will bruise. He's pretty sore this morning.
oh no, poor Shane. Hope he is feeling ok now
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #482
Polar Bear Patrol

Hi B's. Busy couple of days.

Friday I went in to school and worked on my classroom until 2:00. Came home, got kids off the bus and had to run some errands. Then came home and went out to dinner with Glenn and kids. Brandon had gotten the Wipeout wii game with the last of his giftcards so we came home and played that until 9:30. Folded some clothes and crashed on the couch.

Yesterday I worked out in the AM. Glenn and a friend of ours played in a softball game all day long. It was for charity to raise money for a little boy who had cancer. There were a ton of teams playing and the winners would play other teams. Glenn's team kept winning so they played like 4 games throughout the day. The kids and I went with him because my friend and Brandon's "girlfriend" came too. We found out afterwards that the kid died 2 weeks ago, but they were giving all the money they raised to the family to help with medical bills. So sad. After that we all went out to eat and to the Gwinnett Braves game (a minor league team near us). We got home at 10:00 so we all went to bed.

This morning we all went to our synagogue for Mitzvah day. (A Mitzvah is a good deed and once a year they have stations set up and we all go and help out where we are needed). The kids made baby blankets for a children's hospital and decorated bandanas for an animal shelter. Glenn helped lay pine straw out on the playground and fix misc things around the preschool and synagogue. I helped clean out the religious school supply closet. Afterwards I stayed for a little while to work on my classroom. Glenn and his friend went to play softball and I took Brandon's girlfriend home with us. I had to run some errands and came home and have been working on lesson plans. His friend is still here and I have no idea when they are picking her up (whenever the softball game is over).
Old 08-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #483
Polar Bear Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjc820 View Post
The voicemail he left said "Dude, you're killing me here! Call me back if you get this tonight". So after everyone left I texted him and said "Dude, I do have a life aside from waiting for you to call for a bj! I had friends over and wasn't going to answer the phone with them here."

So then he called and we were talking for a bit and he asked if I wanted company and I said no, I needed to clean up my kitchen and head to bed because it was already 11:15 at that point. We said we'd talk this weekend or next week and left it at that.
LOL! Good for you!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #484
Polar Bear Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by clou72 View Post
Hey girls!

I don't really have any date restrictions anymore now that I am in a new job. I can pretty much go any weekend. I prefer not to go the weekend before the 4th of July, but I will go whenever it is.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #485
Polar Bear Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcolt View Post
Just said goodbye to Jane. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
I know, I hated to say goodbye too.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #486
Polar Bear Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelhope13 View Post
It could not be repaired...so I bought an unfrosted 1/4 sheet this morning at the grocery store and shaped it and frosted it...came out pretty good...I pretended the crumbs in the frosting were for texture and authenticity
ADORABLE!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #487
Polar Bear Patrol

Quote:
I may be crazy...or totally daring...

My mom called me this morning. She said one of the cabins near her place has gone into forclosure. It has been listed at $49,900 for quite a while. Apparently it's gone back to the bank and it may go as low as $35k. (According to the neighbor real estate agent buzz.)

Even at $40K it's still a bargain. In just a few years when the market comes back, I figure it will go up $20k. Still---it's such a spur of the moment thing. We've talked about having a little place there, but not anything right away. And I'm not sure I ever wanted something so small...but it's such a deal. We could be happy with it if/until we got some land from Shane's grandma and could build our own there.

Panguitch UT 1 Bed 0 Bath Home 0 SQFT 54476

Will need a little work, it looks like someone took the appliances out.
cute Trace. Looks like a smaller version of like the cabin we stayed in at Porcha.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #488
Polar Bear Patrol

since I am the only one here right now gonna do some laundry and more lessonplans. Talk to you B's later
Old 08-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #489
Goober-E LOST-E

Hello!
Busy day here. I'm tired now.

Picnic at a state park. Kate made a friend there and swam for an hour.
Hit the beach to run around after that. It was sort of stormy and windy but nice.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #490
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
I may be crazy...or totally daring...

My mom called me this morning. She said one of the cabins near her place has gone into forclosure. It has been listed at $49,900 for quite a while. Apparently it's gone back to the bank and it may go as low as $35k. (According to the neighbor real estate agent buzz.)

Even at $40K it's still a bargain. In just a few years when the market comes back, I figure it will go up $20k. Still---it's such a spur of the moment thing. We've talked about having a little place there, but not anything right away. And I'm not sure I ever wanted something so small...but it's such a deal. We could be happy with it if/until we got some land from Shane's grandma and could build our own there.

Panguitch UT 1 Bed 0 Bath Home 0 SQFT 54476

Will need a little work, it looks like someone took the appliances out.
It is small but it is SUPER cute. I love the idea of it. I hope it works out for you guys.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #491
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
I do know that I have been eating too much junk and not enough healthy. Plus, this last 2-3 weeks I haven't been drinking enough water. I hope that's the problem. That's a pretty easy fix.
It could come down to just water. I hope you can figure it out b/c headaches suck!
Old 08-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #492
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
This is the area where the cabin is located. Deer Trail Village at Panguitch Lake

My mom owns cabin #7. The one for sale is #4. Which is identical to #3 listed on this site. The real estate agent that is selling these is the son of the original owners. He seems to have them listed a little high here.
Oh so they're all identical? Someone built a bunch all at the same time?
I love it. So cute. Love the roof. THe kitchen is small but efficient.
I agree that it's too small to share - unless someone could camp in the yard but still eat meals with you and use the potty.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #493
Goober-E LOST-E

Can we all buy cabin 16??
Old 08-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #494
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon & Alex's mom View Post
since I am the only one here right now gonna do some laundry and more lessonplans. Talk to you B's later
Hi ya!
Busy weekend for you!
Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #495
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32 View Post
Oh so they're all identical? Someone built a bunch all at the same time?
I love it. So cute. Love the roof. THe kitchen is small but efficient.
I agree that it's too small to share - unless someone could camp in the yard but still eat meals with you and use the potty.
Mostly the same. The double ones have a bedroom alcove..the singles are an open room plan. I have to say, it's really small... but for the price it would be fine. Down the road there are some lofts and 2-3 bedroom houses that look similar. Same exteriors.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #496
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I don't have any trips planned either, but it's cheaper to renew it than get a new one, so I really want to do it in the next few weeks, but I just don't know if I'm going to be able to scrape up the money. I'm hoping I'll maybe get a little birthday money from my aunts.

CVS advertises passport photos, but I'm not entirely sure if they take them there, or if you have to take your own photo, bring it in, and have them made into government approved photos.
They take them @ CVS, or you can go to your county seat post office and they will take them there as well.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #497
Stazon Splitcoast

I have someone's black leggings w/ lace @ the bottom. I ended up with two pairs from porcha...any takers???
Old 08-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #498
Die Cut Diva

Hello There! Wow, 500 post already... Looks like I have A LOT of reading to do! Had the kids this weekend so I was pretty much running around or at the pool for most of it.. They are like little fish that are afraid they will die out of water.. I, well... am fried! Put sunscreen on all weekend, but I guess when you are out in the sun more than indoors, and fair and Irish, it's gonna happen..

I think most of you know that I am going thru a divorce right now (my choice) so you can imagine my reaction when I got a call from a neighbor Friday telling me he was selling all the stuff I still had left at the house!! I talked to my attorney and she said to take a witness with me and call the police to come out becuse he was disobeying the restraining order from the court.. You should have seen the look on the nanny's face when I got there.. Priceless!!

Long story short, the officer made her shut the sale down and put everything back in side... Now I have until the 29th of August to get all my things out and in storage.. The house is being sold, so that is a good thing for all of us..

I will be over there a lot this week trying to get that done since I start school in 8 days.. I am excited but nervous at the same time. I go on Tuesday to meet with My Academic Advisor and schedule all my classes. Hopefully I will be able to get into the ones I need and the times will be decent. We shall see.

Well, that pretty much sums up the last 5 days for me. I need to get the kids stuff together and take them back to thier dads. I can't wait until this divorce is final and he starts acting like an adult again..

I will check in to chat when I get back if anyone is here!! Later B's
Old 08-16-2010, 04:24 AM   #499
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Mostly the same. The double ones have a bedroom alcove..the singles are an open room plan. I have to say, it's really small... but for the price it would be fine. Down the road there are some lofts and 2-3 bedroom houses that look similar. Same exteriors.
Well, it's really cute. Good luck to you guys in getting it.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 AM   #500
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGKV View Post
I think most of you know that I am going thru a divorce right now (my choice) so you can imagine my reaction when I got a call from a neighbor Friday telling me he was selling all the stuff I still had left at the house!! I talked to my attorney and she said to take a witness with me and call the police to come out becuse he was disobeying the restraining order from the court.. You should have seen the look on the nanny's face when I got there.. Priceless!!

Long story short, the officer made her shut the sale down and put everything back in side... Now I have until the 29th of August to get all my things out and in storage.. The house is being sold, so that is a good thing for all of us..

WOW! What a pain in the arse! What would posess someone to do that? I mean sure...you're wounded but you still have to see this person b/c you share kids.
I don't condone it on any level but I guess I could see it a tad more if once you split you never had to see that person again.
That's not the case here. You two have to have a civil relationship for the kids.

Good luck getting all of that sorted out.

What are you going back to school for?
Old 08-16-2010, 04:35 AM   #501
A LOST 4400

Trying to post...
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:38 AM   #502
A LOST 4400

Good morning! I was getting a weird message when I was trying to post.

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all a good day!!!!
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:38 AM   #503
Goober-E LOST-E

What's wrong Jackie? SCS not working for you?
Old 08-16-2010, 04:41 AM   #504
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning LOSTies, up earlier today than most Mondays.

No big plans today. Just puttering around the house. I have plenty of laundry to do. As always.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:41 AM   #505
Polly Pocket

Send a message via Yahoo to lmstamper

Quote:
I've had a productive and relaxing afternoon. Went to Target and the party store. Had lunch on my deck while I read a book and dozed off. Took a bubble bath. And now I'm relaxing on the couch for a bit. I believe Josh is coming over later on.
That sounds like a nice afternoon!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:42 AM   #506
Stazon Splitcoast

Gretchen--I'm just so shocked to hear your soon-to-be-ex was selling your things. I know it happens, but I'm always shocked when I hear it.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:43 AM   #507
Polly Pocket

Quote:
The appraiser came to the house today. Now to wait for his findings. I'm sure it won't be good in this economy but I'm curious.

Hit Target for a new cordless phone and some other stuff not on my list

Got Kate a new outfit, new sneakers and a few things for her room.

Now I'm sitting at work wasting away.
Last night was "couples night" and it was a huge bust!
Our ladies nights are 2x a year and all the stores do well but couples night was a horrible FAIL!
Laura was here w/ me most of the night and one other crafter. It was fun to have other people here to pass the time.
So, that's why you didn't get to check in. I'm glad that you had a good time!

Wahoo for new stuff for Kate!

I hope that you are pleasantly surprised by what the appraiser says!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 AM   #508
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Good morning LOSTies, up earlier today than most Mondays.

No big plans today. Just puttering around the house. I have plenty of laundry to do. As always.
Morning!

I have laundry to do, too.
Blah.
It's like it multiplies on the floor of the laundry room.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 AM   #509
Polly Pocket

Quote:
QotM:

What's everyone up to this weekend?

We have a picnic to go to for Tom but he forgets what date it is.
Kate wants to go to the county fair so I guess we're headed there. I heard one of my friends is selling kettle corn so I GUESS I can go

The town of Westerly is having fireworks tomorrow night so I think we'll head down for those, too.
They're on/near the beach.
A picnic sounds nice! Kettle corn! YUM!

We showed the house on Saturday and Sunday, and I am so tired! It's just exhausting getting ready for them, and I'm already ready for this to be done! Oh well. We are happy that people are at least coming and looking at it.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #510
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazystamper View Post
I have someone's black leggings w/ lace @ the bottom. I ended up with two pairs from porcha...any takers???
Oops! In my head I hear "someone lost their pants at porcha?!?!"
Old 08-16-2010, 04:48 AM   #511
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmstamper View Post
A picnic sounds nice! Kettle corn! YUM!

We showed the house on Saturday and Sunday, and I am so tired! It's just exhausting getting ready for them, and I'm already ready for this to be done! Oh well. We are happy that people are at least coming and looking at it.
I'm glad people are coming! It makes all the hard work worth it.
I sure hope someone buys it soon so you guys can move!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:50 AM   #512
Polly Pocket

Quote:
SIL made this for everyone up in Maine and it was very good.
Different than my usual so it was nice.

I use MIL's recipe.
Well, sort of
She uses beef, pork, veal. I don't use veal at all.
I mix beef and pork,
1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup (and I hate that stuff but it really does add moisture)
oatmeal and bread crumb mixture
1 egg
sometimes chopped onion or the lazy way - dehydrated flakes

It's good. Boring meatloaf.
That sounds good! I ended up doing the one on the back of the Lipton French Onion Soup Mix. I think it was good for my first attempt. Next time I will probably add the bread crumbs to milk (instead of water) and let them blend for a little bit before I mix everything together -- like I do when I make meatballs. My mom also adds a little jelly, and that sounds good to try too. Gage really loved it!

I made broccoli casserole too, but he wouldn't even try a bite of it. I used all low fat stuff for that, and it wasn't as good as usual, but at least I don't have to feel so guilty.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 AM   #513
Polly Pocket

Quote:
I wasn't sure when I got up this morning if I'm sick or just tired. My tummy feels a little tender today. I'm leaning towards tired, but the jury is still out.
Ugh oh! I hope just tired!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #514
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to irishjc820 Send a message via Yahoo to irishjc820

Good morning!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #515
Polly Pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelhope13 View Post
It could not be repaired...so I bought an unfrosted 1/4 sheet this morning at the grocery store and shaped it and frosted it...came out pretty good...I pretended the crumbs in the frosting were for texture and authenticity
Very cute, Rach!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:54 AM   #516
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmstamper View Post
That sounds good! I ended up doing the one on the back of the Lipton French Onion Soup Mix. I think it was good for my first attempt. Next time I will probably add the bread crumbs to milk (instead of water) and let them blend for a little bit before I mix everything together -- like I do when I make meatballs. My mom also adds a little jelly, and that sounds good to try too. Gage really loved it!

I made broccoli casserole too, but he wouldn't even try a bite of it. I used all low fat stuff for that, and it wasn't as good as usual, but at least I don't have to feel so guilty.
Yeah, meat loaf was a big hit w/ Kate early on.
She used to call it uuff luff. Sometimes we still call it that.

Glad you found a winner. I think that's the same or similar to the one SIL made in Maine. I thought it woudl be overly oniony but it wasn't.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:54 AM   #517
Goober-E LOST-E

Quote:
Good morning!
Morning!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #518
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGKV View Post

Well, that pretty much sums up the last 5 days for me. I need to get the kids stuff together and take them back to thier dads. I can't wait until this divorce is final and he starts acting like an adult again..

I will check in to chat when I get back if anyone is here!! Later B's
That's crazy! I can't believe he was selling your stuff!! Good luck getting all of that packed up and good luck meeting with your advisor tomorrow!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #519
Polly Pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea View Post
Something kept calling me to SCS....i bet it was this post!!!

I have enjoyed so much the pics from the gathering!! It brought back so many wonderful memories!

Hope you all are doing well!!!
Hey Chrissy! Sorry I missed you!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #520
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie G View Post
Good morning! I was getting a weird message when I was trying to post.

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all a good day!!!!
Good day to you too!