Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #321
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, everyone!

Linda, I'm so sorry that your husband has been having health problems. My goodness, you've got your plate full! I hope his issues are resolved soon. (Yours, too!).

After I get my yardwork done this morning, I'm going to play with my colored pencils and try some of the techniques I learned at the class in Tremont. We'll see how it goes - lol!

Stay cool everybody!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #322
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Linda, I'm sorry your DH has been having health problems... hope things are getting better! Hugs!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 08-02-2011, 04:58 AM   #323

Hi Loretia... we were typing at the same time. Have fun with your colored pencils today!

Old 08-02-2011, 05:07 AM   #324
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Praying for your husband Linda! We really should set up a play date sometime...I should be getting a bunch of new goodies soon!!!!! But the question is WHEN???? Duh!!!!! Football is about to start for me so I'll have no life, lol! And I have to go do physicals at EHS today...with no AC when it's supposed to be close to 100....figures right?

Anyone going to the Decatur Celebration this weekend?????

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 08-02-2011, 05:34 AM   #325
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies!
Linda- I am keeping you and your husband in my prayers.
Loretia - I bought some new colored pencils yesterday (my back to school supplies!) I can't wait to start playing with them!
Mindy - football will start here next week for my son. He is a Jr this year so at least we will just have Friday night football now. I love football and can't wait to watch them play! Last year they reached the semi finals in state.Keeping my fingers crossed for another great year!

Have a great day everyone! Stay cool
Old 08-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #326
Embossing Fanatic

My niece and I usually have cards. scrappbook pages. bags, and many things put all are made with paper products, stamps and our cricuit. I just love my cricut and gyspy.

We are planning on doing the craft fair in Troy at the high school. I will let you know the next one. We try to get together at least once a month for a day of crafting.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMarie2 View Post
Good morning Ladies!
Linda- I am keeping you and your husband in my prayers.
Loretia - I bought some new colored pencils yesterday (my back to school supplies!) I can't wait to start playing with them!
Mindy - football will start here next week for my son. He is a Jr this year so at least we will just have Friday night football now. I love football and can't wait to watch them play! Last year they reached the semi finals in state.Keeping my fingers crossed for another great year!

Have a great day everyone! Stay cool
Yes football starts for everyone next Wed...it's "illegal" to officially practice before that from the IHSA I don't enjoy it as it's work for me so not too fun....I was at the school for physicals today and it was HOT! And we are terrible and don't win so that makes it worse, lol! Good luck to your team though! I gotta look for a new job.....hahaha!

Check out my blog

Old 08-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #328
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
That's awesome Pat! I haven't had anyone order in a long time
When I deliver her order, she had asked about some other colors...so I want to bring her some ideas...maybe a couple 6" square of some of our DSP paper. She seemed very familiar with the ink...we'll see if I can upsell some more items!! I mentioned getting together to show her and her friends some different techniques...hope my "foot" is in the door!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #329

Cool! Good luck!

Check out my blog

Old 08-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #330
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=Minders;18580840]Praying for your husband Linda! We really should set up a play date sometime...I should be getting a bunch of new goodies soon!!!!! But the question is WHEN???? Duh!!!!! Football is about to start for me so I'll have no life, lol! And I have to go do physicals at EHS today...with no AC when it's supposed to be close to 100....figures right?

Anyone going to the Decatur Celebration this weekend?????[/QUOTE]

I might on Friday night...one of my friends has a band...they're called The Henningsens...they're from Douglas County. Right now, their country hit they wrote for The Band Perry, "You Lie," has been on the Country Top 20. They live and write in Nashville but were back for a fundraiser a couple weeks ago--and I MISSED them!! So depending on how the rest of the week goes, I may try to come over.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:58 AM   #331

Good Morning Illinois Friends!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #332
Matboard Maniac

Got my card made for my daughter's anniversary this morning before I went to work. I need to make oodles of cards. I'm one of those that makes the card specifically for the occasion and the person. I like to do this because I actually pray for that person as I make it. But boy, I am SO behind!!

Old 08-04-2011, 04:16 AM   #333
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning everyone!

Pat, I too, make my cards specifically for the occasion and the person (other than my OWH cards or those I make to be auctioned off at benefits). I never even considered praying for the person I'm making the card for. What a great idea! I'm sure we've all heard of "prayer shawls". I love the idea of "prayer cards". Thanks for sharing that.

Jeanette, I just saw your post from the other day. Great minds run the same track!

I'm coloring away with my Prisma pencils using the techniques I learned in Tremont. It's actually going pretty well. I'm shocked to see that I can actually do shading, highlighting, etc. with colored pencils!

Tina, how's your coloring going?

Temps are supposed to be cooler next week! Yeah! Mindy, that will be great for your work with the footballers.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:26 AM   #334

Good Morning Illinois Friends!!!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #335
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Ladies!!

Loretia - I looked up some different techniques with colored pencils. Some of the things I have found were amazing! I am practicing, but not comfortable yet with some of the shading and blending. Practice makes perfect!

Pat - I love that you pray as you make your cards! What a wonderful idea!

Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys this "cooler' weather!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #336
Matboard Maniac

Well today is my birthday...DH and I had a sandwich together at Jimmy John's. Then we went out to Walmart and I bought another patio set. With all three of our kids married now, we need more space when we get together! I had planned to make cards tonight but I didn't get started soon enough. Maybe I'll take some time to make some cards after work tomorrow

Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #337
Glitter Queen

Happy Birthday Pat and hope you had a great day!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:21 AM   #338
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Birthday yesterday, Pat! How fun to get a new patio set! Isn't it interesting how people talk about "down-sizing" when their kids move out. We've found the same thing that you and your DH have...they move out, get married and you need more room and more furniture!

Tina Marie, I know what you mean about the pencils. There are so many neat things you can do with them. One of our daughters and her husband were over last night. He has a minor in art along with a major in biology (quite the combo - lol)...anyway he saw my rubber gum or whatever you call it eraser and was showing me how it's not just to correct mistakes! You can take off pencil coloring in strategic places to add highlights by lightening areas, reveal small white spots, make other areas highlighted by making them seem darker after erasing color around them. Fascinating! Here I thought an eraser was just to fix my mess ups! You're right...practice, practice, practice!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:07 AM   #339
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Ladies!
Happy belated birthday Pat!
I came home from work to quite a suprise yesterday! My son and the neighbors had started to completely redo my landscaping! I have been talking about doing it for a few years now, but with my health problems just haven't been able to. They have removed all of the old white rock, laid new plastic and are putting in river rock (which I LOVE) and even adding a cute little white wood fence barrier. I can't wait to go home tonight to see it complete!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #340
Mad Swapper

Smile

Happy Belated Birthday, Pat!!!

What brand of colored pencils are you ladies using??? I have been thinking of buying some, but not too sure of what brand I want to buy!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #341
Matboard Maniac

Linda - right now I just have an off brand. I want to buy Prismacolors soon though. Along with the Bic mark-it pens (Until I can afford Copics!) My cheap ones are doing a good job, but I have heard that the Prismacolors are much easier to work with.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #342
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the birthday greetings! TinaMarie, I wish that landscape fairy would come my way...lol!! I bought that patio set and really don't have patio to set it on!! With end-of-the-season sales, I thought I'd be better off to buy now and think about the "where to put it" later!!

Old 08-06-2011, 04:06 AM   #343
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, all!
Linda, how is your husband doing?

TinaMarie, what wonderful "fairies" you have in your life. How do you like the finished product?

I have been using PrismaColor pencils. I bought them a while back at Michael's with a 40% off coupon. Our son-in-law says that they are a "softer" lead so they blend and color more easily. I must say I love them. He also told me about a website called "Dick Blick Art Supplies". Apparently this company has been in business a long time. I did order some more from there the other day - imagine that - lol! If you buy single pencils, they are 88 cents a piece at Blick's. If you buy them singly at Hobby Lobby or Michael's they $1.68 To $1.87 a piece, so that's quite a savings. I have not price their sets, but I would think they'd be quite a bit cheaper, too.

When I took that class at Tremont, Karen Lockhart - the instructor - said that she uses a Panasonic battery operated or electric pencil sharpener. I swear, I have never been able to use one of those darn things. They and I just don't get along. I use the hand held sharpener that came with the pencil set. It works great. The instructor said when you use that to move the sharpener not the pencil to get a "cleaner" sharpening. I'm still working on that technique - it's harder than the coloring for me!
Anyway, now that you have way more information than you wanted - lol!

I got all the coloring done on my 8 images I stamped - yeah! Now, to assemble them into cards. That's the goal for today. After grocery shopping, that is.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #344
Matboard Maniac

good morning, all!! A teeny bit of rain just came through...wish it was more! Oh well, I'll be able to hand my laundry outside on the line. Getting some cleaning done this weekend. My new granddaughter and my DIL are coming on Tuesday! I need a cleaning fairy too!!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #345
Compulsive Stamper

While we're talking landscaping fairies and cleaning fairies can you send them my way? We finally got rain here early early this morning, some pretty fierce thunder too, my husband and I both literally jumped out of bed on one boom, thought the world was ending! HA! My flower beds are atrocious with the amount of weeding that needs to be done. I am not a gardener and can not stand anything related to it, but when we moved into the house there was beautiful landscaping and I just can't keep up with it. It's horrible. I've done better than I thought I would but it's just not for me!

I'm having my first workshop/open house as a SU demo tomorrow so that means I've been cleaning house like mad all day. Of course the hubby is just playing with his dog and not helping but causing more dog hair to get everywhere! Grrr! We've had the dog a little over a year now but she still has a lot of pup left in her and the two of them are WILD, if only my in-laws could see what he's like with the dog then they might understand why I say it's not time for kids just yet!

Well, back to the grind, hopefully I don't wear myself out before tomorrow. I always go overboard and try to deep clean the entire house anytime we have company like this and usually end up stressing myself out. Trying to keep in under control.

OH! I have an interview Tuesday, it's not for "THE" job, but it's for a pretty darn good one considering what I've been waiting on the past 2 1/2 years! I'll let you know how it goes!

My Blog!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #346
Glitter Queen

Jen..... good luck on your open house tomorrow and also best of luck on your interview!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #347
Matboard Maniac

Lorieta - Today we finished the west side of the house. The finished project is AMAZING!! It is so much better than I even dreamed it could look! The west side of the house now has been cleaned out and the timbers put back in straight. Fresh dirt and will be ready for Mums the beginning of Sept. I just have one more small side to do (next weekend) and I am going to turn that into a butterfly garden. My hubby almost finished the kitchen floor today too! Now, if I could just figure out how to put new carpet in this year! But next year will be soon enough!

Jen = good luck tomorrow! You will do great! Good luck with the interview too. I will be keeping my fingers crossed!

Well, have a great evening Ladies! I am absolutely beat! Gonna take it easy the rest of the night.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #348
Matboard Maniac

Celebrated by DH's birthday tomorrow by going to the local Mexican restaurant tonight. Worked on laundry but no cards today...maybe tomorrow. I put my first SU order in yesterday so I'll be anxious to get my brown box. Our upline meeting is next week and I need to get some swap fronts done.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #349

I got one card done today AND actually got one of my Creative Crew projects done for September! Now I only have to freak out about three instead of four, lol!

I hope to stamp some cards tomorrow...I'm tired tonight and think I'll just surf the web and go to bed early!

Check out my blog

Old 08-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #350

Loretia, I've ordered from Dick Blick's several times and they provide great prices and great customer service, too. I save up my money until I get enough to order more Copics and/or refills; then place an order. In fact, I ordered some more from them this week... and already received them. YAY!

Old 08-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #351
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, all!

Tina Marie, your new landscaping sounds beautiful! I am a flower gardening addict - lol! Mums will be beautiful in your bed. I just love those! We've got a section of one bed that's a butterfly garden, too and I absolutely love it. I'm so happy for you that your "fairies" gave so lovingly!

Jen, I hope your open house goes well today. All the best in your interview tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do very well.

Mindy, I had to laugh at your posting when I saw the time you posted. You said you were going to be "early" and it was already 9:49 p.m.! That's past my bedtime - lol!!! I'm a 9:00 girl, of course we're up at 4:30 at our home, too!

Well, off to take the dogs for a short walk. It's too darn hot to walk very long!

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #352

I usually stay up until between 11 and 1 on Saturday nights (SOME Fridays) so that was pretty "early" for me. I'll be working until close to midnight every Friday night starting soon so I won't get to stamp late at night I usually get up around 7....4:30 makes me shudder LOL!

Check out my blog

Old 08-08-2011, 04:05 AM   #353

Old 08-08-2011, 05:04 AM   #354
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies! Looks like we are going to have a beautiful week of cooler weather! That will be great for my son's 2 a day football practices this week!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #355
Pearl-ExPert

A good morning to you all! I hope each of you has a day that carries at least 1 thing or person that makes you smile!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #356
Matboard Maniac

Looking forward to seeing my new granddaughter tomorrow! Her other grandmother posted on FB to me that she's changed! When they are that age, they do change quickly!

Jen, hope your workshop went well this weekend--and your interview. I'm putting plans together to hold a card class at the library...I've got to put together some cards so I can "show" them what I plan to do. They'll make two cards, one to keep and one to give to Operation Write Home.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #357
Compulsive Stamper

Just submitted the order for my workshop!!! So exciting, plus I put in my first demo order and got some exciting pre-orders from the holiday mini!

Now off to bed so I have a good night's sleep before my interview tomorrow!

Very exciting couple of days!

My Blog!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:14 AM   #358

Old 08-09-2011, 04:59 AM   #359
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies! Good Luck Jen!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #360
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhasch09 View Post
Just submitted the order for my workshop!!! So exciting, plus I put in my first demo order and got some exciting pre-orders from the holiday mini! Now off to bed so I have a good night's sleep before my interview tomorrow!

Very exciting couple of days!
Jen, check with your upline. I'm new to all of the SU rules and regs, but I believe we can't "show" the catalog until Sept. 1st to our customers. We can post card samples online though.

Your upline (or Mindy) might know more about this...even still that's EXCITING!!