Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 05:45 AM   #281
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Well, it's been raining with thunder and lightning off and mostly on since about 2:30. And for once, it's a welcome thing for me. It has been so hot and sticky, plus my allergies have been killin me. Good weather for cleaning in the house.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:16 AM   #282
Matboard Maniac

I love classes as you can learn different techniques. I used to pop in to classes at Scrapbook Friendz in Bloomington. Boo...I saw on this link earlier that they closed. It's always great to learn from other people. Everyone's card making style is different...I navigate to florals and soft colors....what are your card-making styles?

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Old 07-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #283
Matboard Maniac

Pat - I love using flowers too. But I usually prefer bright colors depending on the card. Of course everything I do pretty much has a butterfly on it. They hold a special meaning for me as a Thyroid cancer survivor. (that is the butterfly gland) My hubby thinks I am crazy most of the time, but when he sees a new butterfly now he just laughs.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglady56 View Post
I love classes as you can learn different techniques. I used to pop in to classes at Scrapbook Friendz in Bloomington. Boo...I saw on this link earlier that they closed. It's always great to learn from other people. Everyone's card making style is different...I navigate to florals and soft colors....what are your card-making styles?
I agree! Mom and I use to do a card class at Scrapadoodle in Peoria every month. It was a nice break from always being the teacher, as I was an SU demo at the time.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #285
Pearl-ExPert

I realize we all have more in common, at least stamping wise, than I knew! I used to take classes at Scrapbook Friend'z before they closed, too. I have been to Scrapadoodle many times, but have never taken a class there.
I seem to be all over the map with my card making style. I think my favorites are like yours, Pat. I love flowers and soft colors. Interestingly Tina, I also tend to do alot of cards with a butterfly image - also with soft colors. Since I make alot of cards for Operation Write Home, I try to really stretch my imagination and use a large variety of images and color combos. We all have such different taste, I want to make sure that the members of our military who are using these cards find those that appeal to them.
I don't know about you ladies, but it often depends on the day. Some days, I'm a bright color girl, other days a soft color girl. I'm sure there's some psychological reasoning behind that - not sure I want to know what it is!
Krista, every time I see you post and read the line that says "My Purple Palace Therapy" blog - it makes me smile!
I hope everyone has a relaxing evening!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #286
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I was just in Bloomington with my mom today I had Potbelly's for lunch, YUM! I also got my mom a pedicure as she'd never had one...she LOVED it I have tomorrow off too but now I'm home and I better get some errands done like taking my wedding dress in to get preserved...it's only been over a year, lol! Anyone in Decatur have a cleaners they recommend?

Pat, I love your name Do you have pigs? I'm not sure my mom will or not after they get their new house put in but she loves pigs. I just made her a card with the pig from button buddies

It was a hot one here again wasn't ii? My mom lives outside of Beecher City now and we went up to the town park so I could run (instead of running on the rock country roads) but she didn't get up and around until almost 8 so it was already HOT!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 07-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #287
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
I was just in Bloomington with my mom today I had Potbelly's for lunch, YUM! I also got my mom a pedicure as she'd never had one...she LOVED it I have tomorrow off too but now I'm home and I better get some errands done like taking my wedding dress in to get preserved...it's only been over a year, lol! Anyone in Decatur have a cleaners they recommend?

Pat, I love your name Do you have pigs? I'm not sure my mom will or not after they get their new house put in but she loves pigs. I just made her a card with the pig from button buddies.

Yes, Mindy, we do!! "Piglady" was my nickname when I did a bunch of Ag-in-the-Classroom programs before I started working off the farm. The students could not remember my name, but they knew I was the "piglady."

And the Button Buddies stamp is on my list to order. I'm "saving" my first SU demo order till Aug. 1st...my b'day is in August so I'm saving it up for my 15% off birthday discount. How cool is that? I've been a demo for not even 10 days, and I already get a discount?

And, CONGRATS, Mindy on being selected as an SCS Creative Crew member...I'm new enough here to not understand what it entails, but I bet it will be fun!!

Last edited by piglady56; 07-28-2011 at 06:10 PM..
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #288
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretia View Post
I realize we all have more in common, at least stamping wise, than I knew! I used to take classes at Scrapbook Friend'z before they closed, too. I have been to Scrapadoodle many times, but have never taken a class there.
Loretia: I always liked Linda Broom's classes. She was selected on the design team for Memory Box this year. She did a great job with her cards! I occasionally go on that site and then search for her cards.

Last edited by piglady56; 07-29-2011 at 05:55 AM..
Old 07-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #289
Embossing Fanatic

We go back to doctor tomorrow hope he tells it is getting closer. I will let you all know. Hope to swim was refreshing. And the rest of you are taking extra precaution to avoid the heat.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #290
Matboard Maniac

I was able to get 2 cards done tonight...Why is it some nights I can do 4 or 5 and others I struggle to do 2? I actually did some masking on one, that was something I had never done. My dad's birthday is Sunday so I can officially say his card is done! I also did one for my best friend just to say thank you. Of course it wouldn't fit in an envelope so I had to make a box too. I really need to start a blog so I can post them all. I will try to take some decent pictures of them tomorrow at work and post them here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #291

Thanks Pat, the creative crew is an all SU challenge here each month! You can find them in the challenge forums, it's pretty cool! I'm very excited but nervous too

It's awesome that you can use your bday discount so soon! Remember it's only off the FIRST item on your order and if it doesn't show up then call DS...some people have had trouble with it. And make sure you input your birthdate on your online profile with SU!

Check out my blog

Old 07-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #292
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
Thanks Pat, the creative crew is an all SU challenge here each month! You can find them in the challenge forums, it's pretty cool! I'm very excited but nervous too

It's awesome that you can use your bday discount so soon! Remember it's only off the FIRST item on your order and if it doesn't show up then call DS...some people have had trouble with it. And make sure you input your birthdate on your online profile with SU!
The hard part will be trying to decide what to pick!! I thought about the Occasions Alphabet, but I also thought about the Many Marvelous Markers set. Can't get it much cheaper!! I have just a couple SU markers...and it IS my birthday, ya know!!

Old 07-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglady56 View Post
The hard part will be trying to decide what to pick!! I thought about the Occasions Alphabet, but I also thought about the Many Marvelous Markers set. Can't get it much cheaper!! I have just a couple SU markers...and it IS my birthday, ya know!!
Yes! It's always hard to pick free or discounted products I say to get whatever you think you'll get the most use out of. I do LOVE my markers! I got them with my first demo order as well but that was way before the birthday discount too! I use my markers often! I think I got the serif alphabet die with my birthday discount which also fell during sale-a-bration so that was cool too! I'm currently working on my holiday mini pre order...I haven't totaled it up yet, lol!

Check out my blog

Old 07-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #294
Compulsive Stamper

Hey Illinois Stamp Friends!

Just a quick request for you all to say a little prayer, or cross your fingers, or rub your lucky rabbit's foot, or all of the above for me. A VERY awesome teaching career possibility has recently become available and I'm really excited about it. However, I don't even have an interview yet as it JUST became available. It would be awesome to finally get in the classroom after 2 1/2 looong years of searching and the DH still finishing up Chiropractic school. What a relief it would be to know that at least one of us will have a job when he graduates in April!

Thanks! I know I can count on you guys and I'll keep you updated!

My Blog!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretia View Post
I seem to be all over the map with my card making style. I think my favorites are like yours, Pat. I love flowers and soft colors. Interestingly Tina, I also tend to do alot of cards with a butterfly image - also with soft colors. Since I make alot of cards for Operation Write Home, I try to really stretch my imagination and use a large variety of images and color combos. We all have such different taste, I want to make sure that the members of our military who are using these cards find those that appeal to them.
I don't know about you ladies, but it often depends on the day. Some days, I'm a bright color girl, other days a soft color girl. I'm sure there's some psychological reasoning behind that - not sure I want to know what it is!
Krista, every time I see you post and read the line that says "My Purple Palace Therapy" blog - it makes me smile!
I hope everyone has a relaxing evening!
I was so excited to have my room done in purple, that it had to be in my room name. Then the blog was to share creative projects, and stamping and scrapping really are a BIG therapy to me! So it relly makes me smile too! Thanks!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhasch09 View Post
Hey Illinois Stamp Friends!

Just a quick request for you all to say a little prayer, or cross your fingers, or rub your lucky rabbit's foot, or all of the above for me. A VERY awesome teaching career possibility has recently become available and I'm really excited about it. However, I don't even have an interview yet as it JUST became available. It would be awesome to finally get in the classroom after 2 1/2 looong years of searching and the DH still finishing up Chiropractic school. What a relief it would be to know that at least one of us will have a job when he graduates in April!

Thanks! I know I can count on you guys and I'll keep you updated!
You've got em from me That does sound wonderful! Best of luck!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #297
Matboard Maniac

Good luck, Jen!! Prayers are going out your way!!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #298
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Jen, I'm praying it all works out and you are teaching very soon!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 07-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #299
Matboard Maniac

My prayers are with you Jen! Good Luck!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #300
Pearl-ExPert

You got it, Jen....on my prayer list you go! Good luck! Keep us posted, please.

Pat, I didn't know that Linda was selected on that design team. I'm thrilled for her. She's such a sweetheart! Also, just an FYI...my brother always said that when one has a birthday, the birthday person is obligated to buy a gift for themselves! I can't say I follow his philosophy, but he bought himself some very nice gifts over the years - lol. Maybe I'll have to give it a try and you definitely should!

Congratulations, Mindy for being chosen as an SCS Crew Member. I'm happy for you! Way to go!

Any word on those darling new babies yet?

Off to make fruit salad for a retirement party tonight for a friend of ours. Some of the folks coming are from the east coast and down in Alabama. They brought with them fresh seafood for jambalaya, crab/shrimp boil and fresh lobster. I can't wait - yummo!
I don't even care if it's hot, just bring on that fresh seafood!

I also need to get his retirement card made - I better get it in gear!

TGIF, everyone!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #301
Matboard Maniac

Oh that sounds wonderful! I love seafood! My hubby and I are going to Peoria tomorrow to pick up the new flooring for our kitchen and bathroom... Maybe I can talk him into Red Lobster.

Have a great weekend everyone! I get a 3 day weekend since I have to see the Rhumy on Monday.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #302
Matboard Maniac

Yay!!! We finally got some rain tonight. I'm going to work on cleaning and crafting tomorrow...and maybe head to Lake Shelbyville. Hooray...it's the weekend!! Have a great one, Illinois stampers!

Old 07-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #303
Embossing Fanatic

Took Hannah to the Dr. today. He said that the little girls head is so low that her could just pull her out but her cervix is not ready. It is thinning and she had dialated about 2 cm. So we go back next Fri. He said if she makes it. lol Hannah b-day is next Fri. She said wouldn't be great to have them on her b-day. Which she share with my husband. I said yes that would be fantastic. But they will come when they are ready.

Hope that your teaching job comes through will keep you on top of prayer list. I know it is stressful. Good luck to you and your hubby.

WOW Rain that would be nice. It is a bit cooler this evening with a nice breeze.

Tina need to chat Red Lobster, Red Lobster, or sing him a song

Loretia hope you have a great time at your party sounds like a fun evening.

Spending evening relaxing with Hubby. Had a rough week at work nice to chill out.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #304

Hi Ladies... hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Old 07-31-2011, 05:05 AM   #305

Good Morning, Illinois Friends!

Old 07-31-2011, 08:24 AM   #306
Mad Swapper

Smile

GOOD MORNING TO YOU ! ! !

Hope everyone has a GREAT Sunday!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:02 AM   #307
Embossing Fanatic

Wink

Good Morning all my crafty friends from Illinois.

Hope that you all have a wonderful day.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #308
Pearl-ExPert

Since I missed the good mornings, I'll say good afternoon Illinois friends!

I wish you all at least one thing that makes you smile today!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:03 PM   #309
Glitter Queen

And since I missed all the Good Mornings,and Good evenings,....I will end with a GOOD NITE to my crafty Illinois friends!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #310

Good Morning Illinios Friends!

Old 08-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #311
Glitter Queen

GOOD MORNING!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #312
Matboard Maniac

Got my first "official" SU order this weekend from a lady who hadn't seen a catalog in several years. She's really sold on our ink and ordered a bunch of refills. I left the big and mini summer catty...hope she sees some more things to order!

Old 08-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #313

Congratulations, Pat!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #314
Matboard Maniac

Good evening Ladies! It has been a long weekend! Dinner at my dad's on Sunday, Dr in Peoria this morning and then labs in Canton this afternoon. School supplies are bought, supper is done and I am beat! Going to work on a few cards this evening if I don't take a nap!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #315

That's awesome Pat! I haven't had anyone order in a long time

Check out my blog

Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #316
Embossing Fanatic

Wow Tina You have had a very busy couple of days. A nap and then cards will give you a fresh creative mind. I think I come up with some of my best designs right before I take a nap or I fall to sleep at night. There are times I dream about what I was thinking about.

Congrats Pat on your order. The new colors are fantastic. And all the new stamps. My list keeps growing of my want.

Not much going on here. Just finished working on a project for the design team I'm on.
Paper Cutz Challenge. And working on a birthday card for my great niece, whose birthday is this weekend so I will be going to Belleville. My niece and I will be doing some crafting too I'm sure we have a business that we take to craft fairs. And we are starting to gear up for Sept., Oct., Nov., and Dec., So we will be busy for the next several months.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #317
Pearl-ExPert

Congratultions Pat on your first order! I hope your customer has a "need" list that just keeps growing!
TinaMarie, if you have all the school supplies bought, girl you need a nap! I remember that being pretty exhausting! It's too hot to be outside anyway. I hope all went well at the Dr.'s office.
Patti, I didn't realize that you did craft fairs. What kind of crafts do you take to sell?

We're about to be off to meet our daughters and their husbands for ice cream at Coldstone Creamery! Just what my waistline needs - oh well, it sure will taste good and the company will be awesome!

Try to stay cool everyone. Tomorrow's supposed to be another scorcher!

Remember: when you lay down to sleep tonight, give your problems to God. He's going to be up all night anyway!
I have always loved that saying. Now, the trick for me, is to quit taking them back and trying to worry my way through them - lol! I keep working away at it.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #318
Glitter Queen

Patti im not far from belleville, what craft fairs are you talking about?....cause i LOVE craft fairs
~Katie
Old 08-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #319

Good Morning Illinois Friends!

Old 08-02-2011, 04:50 AM   #320
Mad Swapper

Smile

GOOD MORNING ! ! !

I haven't been on much lately. My husband has had some health problems that have been taking most of my attention. I can't remember the last time I have played with my stamps!!! I'm having withdrawl symptoms!!!

Wanted to pop in here and wish everyone

A HAPPY AUGUST ! ! !

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!