Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 03:49 AM   #241
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Friends!

Oh a stamp date sounds like so much fun!!!

Sorry! I don't like steak... so I don't know of any good steak restaurants.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #242
Matboard Maniac

Hi Ladies! It's RAINING here! Only about 74 right now! What a relief! Favorite steak place - I would agree with Alexander's, but in Peoria I would say Texas Roadhouse.
Would love to go to Tremont Tuesday! I really want to learn how to blend better. I thinkI still color like I did in grade school! A Play date sounds wonderful! I had 16 ladies for my card class yesterday. It was alot of fun but VERY exhausting! Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather today! Have a great rest of your weekend!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #243
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Of COURSE it rained as we had FINALLY planned to go swim at my in laws this afternoon and grill out We should have planned that WEEKS ago!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 07-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #244
Pearl-ExPert

Mindy, I'm sorry the rain ruined your pool party/cook-out! That's enough to make you say a bad word!
I just checked our rain gauge and here in Bloomington, we got 2 1/4"! Mid-70's, a breeze - it's been heavenly! I think my flowers are breathing again!
I'm looking forward to Tuesday. Betty, I feel like I color the same as I did in grade school, too. Maybe I can step it up a notch after Tuesday!
Texas Roadhouse in Peoria is really good. We've eaten there a few times.
I would love to have a stamping play date and would be more than willing to drive to Decatur. It's not that far from Bloomington. It would be fun to put names and faces together!
16 ladies - wow! That's a big card class. I hope you got some rest today!
Take a deep breath of this wonderful cool air, girls! It sounds like we're not going to get it again for a bit!
Happy stamping!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #245

Eh, no big deal We still cooked out which means I ate WAY too much! And it's not like I would have gotten super tan or anything since I'm so pastey white, haha. So I came home and took a nap and am now stamping so I'm happy If you want it to rain again ladies please let me know and we'll plan another swim day, LOL!!!!!

Check out my blog

Old 07-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #246
Matboard Maniac

Hi ladies I haven't been on in awhile. All this talk of getting together sure sounds like fun. I live in Clinton and would sure try to make it to a get together. My demo had 6 of her 9 sisters to her house this weekend for their annual sisters weekend and I was invited to come too. They all bring the stamps and work and play all weekend. I only got to go Saturday evening but I loved seeing them all again.
I'm going to Tremont on Tuesday too. I'm going with 3 ladies I work with. I can't wait to get some pointers. We'll have to make sure and identify who's been on this thread so we can meet face-to-face!
Wasn't today wonderful? I sat on my porch and read most of the day - it was perfect out there. Now I'm going to do a little stamping.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #247
Stazon Splitcoast

Just popping in here to say hi. I'm in Illinois too. Near Pontiac. *waving*
Old 07-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #248
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Lee View Post
WELCOME Carol,

I'm not sure where Pontiac is,...is it north??? Glad you found our little group!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #249
Matboard Maniac

Smile Welcome, Carol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Lee View Post
Welcome, Carol, to the Illinois thread!!! We talk about stamping, crafting, and whatever else we're doing in our lives!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Old 07-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #250
Matboard Maniac

Default It's been a REALLY busy week!

Wednesday: signed up as an SU demonstrator. I LOVE SU, so I figured I could be my own best customer!! LOL!
Thursday: left with my BFF up to my fave weekend destination: St. Joseph, Michigan. (seriously, ladies, if you're looking to get away from cornfields like me (and I'm a farmwife!!), this is a great place. We pick fruit, go to shops, etc. in the a.m. and there's a beautiful beach (including a lighthouse!) there for relaxing!
Friday: picked blueberries till it rained, caught some farmers fruit stands, beach about 3...fabulous!!
Saturday: tried to pick again, and again, it rained! So bought what we weren't able to pick. Went to Farmer's Market in South Haven; and even though it was cloudy, we went to the beach. And the sun came out and it was great!
Sunday: looked at the weather map...saw it was going to rain so headed home. We prayed all the way asking the good Lord to "bring" the rain with us to central Illinois. And it did!! God is GOOD!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #251
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
WELCOME Carol,

I'm not sure where Pontiac is,...is it north??? Glad you found our little group!!!
Thanks. Pontiac is halfway between Joliet and Bloomington. About 80 miles south of Chicago on I55
Old 07-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglady56 View Post
Wednesday: signed up as an SU demonstrator. I LOVE SU, so I figured I could be my own best customer!! LOL!
Congrats and welcome to the family I just got back from my first convention after being a demo for about three years and it was amazing! It was so fun and really great to meet my online friends. Start saving now so you can go next year! That's what I did...saved a bit each month! Salt Lake was gorgeous as well! I'm so glad I went and hope I can go every year from now on, lol!

I'm mainly a hobby demo as well, just signed up for the discounts since I spent the minimums each quarter anyway. I love being able to pre-order and get the magazine and the catalogs early. Someday maybe I'll have the time to make a real go of it but for now I'm happy being a hobby demo. Good luck and have fun!!!!!

Check out my blog

Old 07-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #253

Hi Ladies!

Welcome, Carol!

Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #254
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Good morning my IL stampin friends How is everyone doing? I was kind of relieved to have the storms and rain over the weekend to get a bit of a cool down. It was just so miserably hot for so long! Gotta get my butt in gear and work on my house, get in cleaning mode. I booked a jewelry party off of my friend's party, so I guess that was the ammunition I needed LOL. My extra little guy that I have during the day on weekdays will be going down for a good nap soon, so that is when I get to work. I may as well clean since while my kids are home on summer vacation, his portacrib is in my scrappin' room. I can't go down and create anyway LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #255
Matboard Maniac

Good morning ladies! Back to work today - at least I feel like I am getting a break after the busy weekend! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #256
Glitter Queen

Good Morning!

WELCOME Carol! Nice to meet ya
Old 07-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #257
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome Carol! Pontiac is my old stomping grounds. My parents were born/raised there. For many years, I spent a ton of time up there as my grandparents lived there. I still have cousins, great-aunts up there, too. I don't get up there as often as I should even thought it is so close.
Pat: Congratulations on becoming an SU demonstrator. Good for you! I think that would take alot of courage and organization! Don't you just love the west coast of Michigan. We've travelled slowly up that coast a few times on our way to Frankfort, MI (just south of Traverse city) for a few family vacations. It's gorgeous up there.
Krista, yesterday was cleaning day at our home. I hate to clean, but I must admit it does look good now that it's done. It was nice to come home from work and the house be all sparkly (if you don't count the bazillion dog toys on the kitchen floor)!
Mindy, would you mind explaning what a hobby demonstrator is? That's a term that I'm not familiar with even though I've used SU products for several years or more. Thanks!
I hope everyone has a good evening!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #258
Matboard Maniac

Loretia--I'm not that organized, but I hope that I'll be able to get all the sneak peeks and perks that Stampin Up provides its demonstrators! I'm going to try to practice "self-control" as I see a bunch in the catty and the mini that I'd like.
There isn't a "hobby demo" classification within SU, but people who consider themselves that are mainly not doing workshops and only selling to themselves and maybe a few friends. You need to meet quarterly minimums. I'll give it a go--I can see meeting that minimum in the fall plus during Sale-A-Bration. I hope I can keep my demo status going during the other quarters.
And yes, I LOVE MICHIGAN!! I've only been to that southwestern corner around St. Joseph/Benton Harbor. My BFF and I talk about going up to Mackinac Island sometime. We like the beach, and I wonder how warm it would be for the beach up there. LOL!!

Heading home to stamp...well I need to first work on cleaning up my "stamp stuff!!" Have a good evening too--and happy stamping!

Old 07-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretia View Post
Welcome Carol! Pontiac is my old stomping grounds. My parents were born/raised there. For many years, I spent a ton of time up there as my grandparents lived there. I still have cousins, great-aunts up there, too. I don't get up there as often as I should even thought it is so close.
Pat: Congratulations on becoming an SU demonstrator. Good for you! I think that would take alot of courage and organization! Don't you just love the west coast of Michigan. We've travelled slowly up that coast a few times on our way to Frankfort, MI (just south of Traverse city) for a few family vacations. It's gorgeous up there.
Krista, yesterday was cleaning day at our home. I hate to clean, but I must admit it does look good now that it's done. It was nice to come home from work and the house be all sparkly (if you don't count the bazillion dog toys on the kitchen floor)!
Mindy, would you mind explaning what a hobby demonstrator is? That's a term that I'm not familiar with even though I've used SU products for several years or more. Thanks!
I hope everyone has a good evening!
It doesn't really mean anything other than I don't really make a business out of SU. I have a few people I occasionally sell to and occasionally have a class or workshop but I mainly joined to get the discount. It doesn't make any difference to SU, a demo is a demo but I classify myself as a hobby demo since I meet and exceed my minimum sales requirement myself. That make sense? We get treated exactly the same.....

Check out my blog

Old 07-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #260
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Carol,

Great to meet another crafter. Hope someday to meet and create.

Patti
Old 07-26-2011, 04:39 AM   #261
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you, Mindy and Pat for explaning to me what a "hobby demo" is. I just may have to look into that as heaven knows, I seem to order something rather frequently!
Pat, when we used to go to Northern Michigan, the temperatures (at least in the summer) seemed to average just a little cooler than here. The humidity is there because of the lakes. Mackinac Island is only about an hour from where we used to go. We loved the beaches, too and it was only on rare occassions that it wasn't nice enough to be out on them.
Krista, isn't it amazing the things that motivate us to clean. I booked a jewelry party, too for late in August and I know I'll be doing some serious cleaning before that - lol!
Stay cool everybody and have a wonderful day!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:42 AM   #262

Good Morning to all the Illinois Gals! Hope you have a great day!!! I'm still working at unpacking my "toys" so I can start getting inky again. This move seems to be taking forever. LOL!

Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #263
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning everyone! Another HOT day today. Have a busy day ahead of me - Dr appointment this morning and of course at work. Hoping to get some Christmas cards started soon. Maybe a card to cheer up my daughter as she lost her new little kitten last night. Poor girl..
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #264
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Pat, when we used to go to Northern Michigan, the temperatures (at least in the summer) seemed to average just a little cooler than here. The humidity is there because of the lakes. Mackinac Island is only about an hour from where we used to go. We loved the beaches, too and it was only on rare occassions that it wasn't nice enough to be out on them.
Krista, isn't it amazing the things that motivate us to clean. I booked a jewelry party, too for late in August and I know I'll be doing some serious cleaning before that - lol!
Stay cool everybody and have a wonderful day!
That's good to know, Loretia. I love the beach as well...it's so peaceful...hearing the waves...the distant sounds of families enjoying themselves. My BFF and I both agreed that if we lived up there, we'd be beach bums and would always be playing hookey and going to the beach!!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #265
Embossing Fanatic

Sorry to hear that your daughter lost her kitten. I went through that a few times with my girls. Always a tough time. But they move on. But they alway have fond memories. Still warm but not near what we had last week and I hope not to see that heat again.

My crafting area was a mess from crafting things for my daughters baby shower last week. She is expecting twins soon. August 27th is due date but not expected to go but 2 or 3 more weeks. Im so excited.
So last night I spent the evening cleaning my craft area and making it user friendly and made some tags for a swap that I'm in. It was nice to be a bit organize to do some crafting again tonight.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #266
Mad Swapper

Smile

Patti, My daughter is expecting the end of August or first of September. No twins though, just one the kids have nicknamed Peanut Ninja Baby. Originally it was just Peanut. Then he started kicking so hard, they added Ninja to his nickname. She has three kids already, 9, 12, and 15, and they are very excited!!! Time has flown by, it's hard to believe he is almost here!!!
Keep us informed on when your twin grandbabies arrive!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:11 AM   #267

Good Morning Ladies... hope you can manage to stay cool today!

Old 07-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #268
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations, Grandma's on the upcoming new additions to you families! How exciting! Let us know when the angels all get here!
Yesterday's class at Tremont was really fun and I feel like I can do a better job using colored pencils now. Today after work, I intend to give it a try. We'll see! I got to meet Cindy from "our group" yesterday, too. That was fun. Cindy, you were so friendly! I really enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again!
It's always so hard when a child loses a pet. I'm sorry you're all having to deal with that, Tina Marie. Time truly does heal all things, but it sure doesn't make it any easier in the short term.
Everybody have a great day. I'm off to work so I can pay for the goodies I bought yesterday in Tremont - lol! Happy stamping!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 AM   #269

Quote:
Congratulations, Grandma's on the upcoming new additions to you families! How exciting! Let us know when the angels all get here!
Yesterday's class at Tremont was really fun and I feel like I can do a better job using colored pencils now. Today after work, I intend to give it a try. We'll see! I got to meet Cindy from "our group" yesterday, too. That was fun. Cindy, you were so friendly! I really enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again!
It's always so hard when a child loses a pet. I'm sorry you're all having to deal with that, Tina Marie. Time truly does heal all things, but it sure doesn't make it any easier in the short term.
Everybody have a great day. I'm off to work so I can pay for the goodies I bought yesterday in Tremont - lol! Happy stamping!
When you do these classes in Tremont, do you have to take any supplies with you? And do you have to sign up in advance or anything? I haven't been there yet, but want to soon.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #270
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies! Congratulations on all of the new grandbabies! How exciting! Loretia - practice up and when we are all able to get together you can teach all of us! How fun!!! I sooo want to get to Tremont to check out that shop! It will have to wait until I get the kids ready to go back to school now Lacie leaves to go back to college Aug 21st and Isaac starts school August 19. The next couple of weeks will be crazy!
Have a great day everyone and stay cool!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #271
Compulsive Stamper

Oh my, I've been gone longer than I thought! I think the last time I posted I had just signed up to be a SU demo. I've been spending the past few weeks having interviews for teaching positions but nothing has come through yet I'm not giving up hope yet.

I having my first open house a week from this Sunday so I've been busy getting things ready for that as well. I'm doing 2 make and takes so I've been planning that and getting a guest list together and this and that and the other.

I also sell lia sophia jewelry and thought I was going to give it up soon because I just haven't been into it lately then all of a sudden I have 4 parties booked! I had 2 last week and 2 more within the next month! Crazy! So that has been taking up quite a bit of time as well.

Today is going to be all about baby cards. A friend of mine is expecting and asked if I would make invites/thank yous for her shower. I'm super excited about it so I need to go figure out what I'm going to do for that now too. They don't know what they're having so I'll need to be gender neutral.

Best get to work! Hope you're all keeping cool and finding time to stamp yourself!

My Blog!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #272
Pearl-ExPert

Krista, yes, you do have to sign up in advance for the classes at Tremont. If you go on their website (I just google Rubber Rainbows in Tremont, IL), there is a heading for classes. They list the upcoming classses and have pictures of the cards you'll be making. I called them and made reservations over the phone using my credit card. The class yesterday did not require us to bring anything. There are a couple of classes coming up that I noticed you needed to bring your favorite adhesive, but that's it.
Somewhere on our thread I remember reading that on maybe the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month, they do a "make and take" card. I think those are free and you just go anytime you want.
TinaMarie, I remember the business of getting the kids ready for school! Insanity and the money just seems to fly right out the window! Good luck!
Jen, I'm sorry you're not having any luck finding a teaching position. The job market is so lousy right now! I have a neighbor who sells lia sophia. I do like quite a few things in the new catalog! I'm glad parties are coming your way! Have fun making the invites/thank yous for your friend's baby shower.
I took my "coffee break" at my desk to catch up on some emails and of course visit SCS, so back to work for me!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #273
Matboard Maniac

Oh yay, ladies!! I just checked my UPS tracking number and my SU kit is on its way. I hope I can make time tonight to take a look at it...well maybe I'd better MAKE time to look at it!! lol

Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #274
Matboard Maniac

How exciting! I have been thinking about becoming a Close To My Heart demo. Not sure if I really have the time but it would be great to make a little extra money for my hobby!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #275
Embossing Fanatic

Hi ladies,

Busy day at work today. Glad to be home and rest. Going to go later and work on challenge for tomorrow for the DT that I create for. I rfeally love to get on here and read about all the things you all do makes me fill like we are together chatting awaccy about our families, life, and crafting. So glad that I found all you ladies.

My daughter told me she had been cramping all day. The dr. told us last week that once that happens it won't be long. I will definately let you all know when the event happens.

Jen goodluck and have fun with your open house it sound like lots of good time, laughs and stories going to be going on at your place.

Have a great evening.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #276
Pearl-ExPert

Oh yeah Patti! Cramping is good when it's time for those little darlings to be born - although it sure isn't fun for the Mama-to-be! Can't wait to hear when you get to hold those little angels.
Tina Marie, I have not heard of Close to my Heart. I'll have to check out their website. I assume it's similar to SU.
Pat, hope you had a fun evening looking at all your new goodies! Nothing like new stamping stuff to make a girl smile!
At our home, "stamping Tuesday" has turned in to "stamping Thursday" this week since I went to that class at Tremont day before yesterday. I'm looking forward to some stamping and gabbing. It's too dad gum hot to do anything outside anyway!
Mindy, how do your in-laws feel about uninvited guests in their swimming pool - lol!
I hope everyone has a good day. Stay cool and happy stamping!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:53 AM   #277

They probably wouldn't care I'm about to go run 4 miles or so whenever my mom gets up....no staying cool for me:/

Check out my blog

Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 AM   #278

Good Morning Illinois Stampers!

Old 07-28-2011, 05:07 AM   #279
Matboard Maniac

Oh My Mindy - It was so steamy just getting into my car to go to work! I couldn't evern imagine running this morning! Way to go girl!
Patti - keeping my fingers crossed that it won't be long and we will hear about the new ones.
Have a gret day eveyone and stay cool!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:43 AM   #280

Quote:
Krista, yes, you do have to sign up in advance for the classes at Tremont. If you go on their website (I just google Rubber Rainbows in Tremont, IL), there is a heading for classes. They list the upcoming classses and have pictures of the cards you'll be making. I called them and made reservations over the phone using my credit card. The class yesterday did not require us to bring anything. There are a couple of classes coming up that I noticed you needed to bring your favorite adhesive, but that's it.
Somewhere on our thread I remember reading that on maybe the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month, they do a "make and take" card. I think those are free and you just go anytime you want.
TinaMarie, I remember the business of getting the kids ready for school! Insanity and the money just seems to fly right out the window! Good luck!
Jen, I'm sorry you're not having any luck finding a teaching position. The job market is so lousy right now! I have a neighbor who sells lia sophia. I do like quite a few things in the new catalog! I'm glad parties are coming your way! Have fun making the invites/thank yous for your friend's baby shower.
I took my "coffee break" at my desk to catch up on some emails and of course visit SCS, so back to work for me!
thank you