Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #201
Matboard Maniac

I've got the cube storage bought from Michael's. My DH put one together--the rest are sitting by his chair. They've collected dust so I guess I'd better get my screwdriver going!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:59 AM   #202
Pearl-ExPert

Ah, the gathering dust honey-do list! I asked for Christmas last year a battery operated screwdriver! It's awesome. I'm no handyman, but the basics I can handle. So, Pat, I highly recommend one for all those "do-it-yourself" projects, that seem to take so darn long to get done! Good luck.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:27 AM   #203
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretia View Post
Hi Krista!
I'm very close to Peoria. We're in Bloomington. Welcome! I'm so glad that your mojo is coming back. I hate when that just seems to dry up. It makes me feel like a failure sometimes! I try to hit Scrapadoodle once every couple of months. We like to make a run to Peoria that often. There are a few good restaurants (I'm sure there's many good ones, but these we like) every so often.
Definitely try to get to Tremont. It's well worth the trip!
Jeanette: Hooray for getting your stamping stuff unpacked! What a job that is to move. I hope you really enjoy your new home.
Hello Ladies I am Sonja, I am also Krista's mom...I just moved away from Washburn after 29 years... and that is not far from Bloomington
I now live next door to Krista I hope her and I can get busy together...
I would love to meet any of you ladies that we are near ...

I recently bought items to re do my crafty place, I love the white cubes from Michaels, not only do the look great, they are so versatile and useful... I hope to add pics of my new room , but til then you can see them on my blog...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 07-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #204
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good morning, Illinois Stampers!

Linda, good luck! I need to do that, too......... but I want, I want, I want!

Hi Soni... good to meet you!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #205
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Ah, the gathering dust honey-do list! I asked for Christmas last year a battery operated screwdriver! It's awesome. I'm no handyman, but the basics I can handle. So, Pat, I highly recommend one for all those "do-it-yourself" projects, that seem to take so darn long to get done! Good luck.
I made him come in the house yesterday. I think he got dehydrated this week. He drinks Gatorade all the time. I convinced him that a little bit of Gatorade and more water would be better for him. He got two cubes done. Hopefully he'll get some more done today!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #206
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome, Soni! My gosh, what a year you have had. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you're living next door to one of your daughters. We also have 2 daughters that live here in Bloomington (not next door, but within a few miles). It's nice having them so close! I love the pictures of your little ****zu. She looks a spoiled as our 2 schnauzers do. Aren't dogs awesome?!?
Your stamping room looks great. You're clearly an organized lady!
Try to stay cool today everyone - it's a scorcher for sure.
Happy stamping!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #207
Mad Swapper

Smile

OK, You guys got my brain going in many directions!!! I think instead of making my stamping room in the basement, I am going to use one of my spare bedrooms. There is a queen sized bed in there that is from my previous marriage. I am going to get rid of it, and either get a day bed, or twin/trundle bed. That will leave me plenty of room. The room is probably about 14x15'. It has three big windows, so, plenty of natural light. It will give me a full wall with no windows for storage, and I can put my desk and table under the double windows. I'll have to find a spot for a TV in there. The room is already painted a pretty shade of yellow, that I will keep, with white trim and some blue in there. My hubby said he'd repaint the ceiling for me.

I think I will start tomorrow. The room needs lots of de-cluttering and I need to get rid of some stuff. I'm excited about the idea!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #208
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
OK, You guys got my brain going in many directions!!! I think instead of making my stamping room in the basement, I am going to use one of my spare bedrooms. There is a queen sized bed in there that is from my previous marriage. I am going to get rid of it, and either get a day bed, or twin/trundle bed. That will leave me plenty of room. The room is probably about 14x15'. It has three big windows, so, plenty of natural light. It will give me a full wall with no windows for storage, and I can put my desk and table under the double windows. I'll have to find a spot for a TV in there. The room is already painted a pretty shade of yellow, that I will keep, with white trim and some blue in there. My hubby said he'd repaint the ceiling for me.

I think I will start tomorrow. The room needs lots of de-cluttering and I need to get rid of some stuff. I'm excited about the idea!!!
'

That sounds awesome Linda! How exciting!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #209
Pearl-ExPert

Linda, that sounds wonderful! I like the idea of all that natural light against the yellow, white and dashes of blue! Exciting! Good look decluttering and have lots of fun.
Happy reorganizing!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:45 AM   #210

Hi Ladies!

Linda, have fun getting your room ready!

I'm heading to Mt. Vernon today to look for a couple of pieces of furniture we need. I'm excited; it's the first out of town shopping trip I've made alone since we moved in.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #211
Matboard Maniac

Linda, I live in an old farm house with bay windows. My crafting desk is in the middle of the bay window. I like the light coming in too!! I'd like my desk to be a little bigger. I agree on the declutter thing...sometimes ya just gotta stop creating cards/scrapping to get it cleaned up!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #212
Matboard Maniac

Linda - I would love to have all of that light!
Pat - I love my storage cubes! They make a great desk! I didn't buy the actual desk top though - I went to Menards and bought a piece of bullnose shelving for 8.00 that works perfect!
Soni- Welcome! Your dog is sooooooooo adorable!

Well, I had a pretty good weekend! Went to Peoria shopping with my daughter, mother-in-law and best friend to get stuff for Lacie's dorm room. I can't believe it is almost time for her to go back to school!
I got some amazing deals at JoAnn's too. Everything was 40% off and then I had a 20% coupon for my entire purchase! I have a card workshop at church on Saturday so I was able to get all of my supplies on sale!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #213

Good Morning!

Old 07-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #214
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning! Looks like it will be anther HOT HOT day! I am soooo ready for Fall!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #215
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, all!
Yep, it is another scorcher! A great day for stamping indoors. 2 friends and I get together 1 morning very week to stamp together. Today our group expanded with some family of a friend visiting and there were 6 of us. What fun - chatting, drinking coffee, stamping and of course having a little "snack". We even managed to get a couple cards made each in between all the chatter.
Wishing you all a good day with at least 1 thing that makes you smile!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #216
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Quote:
Good morning, all!
Yep, it is another scorcher! A great day for stamping indoors. 2 friends and I get together 1 morning very week to stamp together. Today our group expanded with some family of a friend visiting and there were 6 of us. What fun - chatting, drinking coffee, stamping and of course having a little "snack". We even managed to get a couple cards made each in between all the chatter.
Wishing you all a good day with at least 1 thing that makes you smile!
That sounds great!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #217

Good Morning!

Loretia, that sounds like so much fun! Does everyone bring their own project to work on, or do you create something together? I want friends to stamp with!!!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #218
Pearl-ExPert

It is alot of fun! Usually, my 2 friends and I work on our own projects. We've got a large, rectangular kitchen table so we just spread our "stuff" out all over and stamp away. Occassionally, like yesterday, one of us will design the card and provide the cardstock, stamps, ink, ribbon enough for all 3 of us. Then we work on the same card. As we take turns, nobody is out any extra $.
We all make a point of taking time out to get together. We all feel like not only are we making cards (they also scrapbook, which I don't - but that's okay, too), but that couple hours or so on Tuesdays helps us keep our sanity!
In all honesty, I would love to have a couple of other friends to stamp with, too and do that get together at a different time. I guess that makes me greedy, which I'm usually not. Maybe someday I'll find a couple of others to get together with too!
I hope you all take time to stamp with somebody or several somebodies. It's such a nice break from the routine of life and also gives us great "works of art" - tee hee, to send to whomever.
As much as I love to stamp, sometimes it gets a little lonely stamping by myself. So, I truly am blessed with my Tuesday morning stamping!
Everybody be careful in this heat! I went to Wal-Mart at 6:00 this morning and it was already 87 degrees. Good grief!!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #219
Matboard Maniac

Lorieta - I don't think thats greedy...I love to have people around me too. I have a group of friends that get together at least once a month and spend an entire day stamping and scrapbooking. (most of my friends just scrapbook too - but I enjoy both) I would have them over every week, but I also enjoy my "quiet time" when i can be by myself and just create. Then I love having "show and tell" when we get together to see what everyone has done since we last met.
This heat is terrible! I hope that it breaks soon! Stay cool everyone and have a wonderful day!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #220
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for your kind words, TinaMarie!
That sounds heavenly - an entire day of stamping and scrapbooking. Good for you! Show and tell is fun - I've loved it since kindergarten - tee hee! Some things we never outgrow - thank God!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #221
Glitter Queen

WoW! Ive been away from this Illinois group too long,had lots of post to read..LOL! Took a weeks vacation with the family in Destin FL. was amazing and not as HOT as it is here in IL. Welcome to ALL that are new on here! Stay Cool everyone
Old 07-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #222
Embossing Fanatic

You all are so lucky. I live in a very small town of 500. The closest craft store is over an hour away. And so far to date I have not found any others to scrap with. Oh how I wish I could find somebodies to get with. I get with my niece once a month but she is in Belleville and sometimes it doesn't work out. If there is anyone out there from the West Salem, area please let me know.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #223
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti's Paper Fun View Post
You all are so lucky. I live in a very small town of 500. The closest craft store is over an hour away. And so far to date I have not found any others to scrap with. Oh how I wish I could find somebodies to get with. I get with my niece once a month but she is in Belleville and sometimes it doesn't work out. If there is anyone out there from the West Salem, area please let me know.
I think one of the gals on this thread just moved to the Fairfield area...that wouldn't be too far from you...

Old 07-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #224
Pearl-ExPert

Patti, just an idea....have you tried going to the Stampin Up website and looking for a demonstrator. Maybe there is one close to you and alot of times they have stamping group get togethers - where you really don't buy anything, just create. I think that there is another company called "The Angel Company" that has demonstrators, too. I have always thought I'd like to live in a small town, but I never considered there not being people to stamp/create with like you're experiencing. I wish we lived closer together, I'd invite you to join me! Good luck in your search.
Happy stamping everyone and stay cool!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:00 AM   #225

Good Morning, Friends!!!

Loretia, your group of friends and the way you handle things on Tuesdays sounds perfect! I'd love that!!! And no, you aren't greedy at all!

TinaMarie, I think a day-long once a month sounds wonderful, too!

Patti, I feel your pain. I think we are over an hour away from a craft/LSS too...... though I'm not sure. I am the lady who just moved to Fairfield (3 weeks ago). I just mapquested West Salem........ you and I are only 30 miles from each other! YAY! Isn't that exciting??!?!? We'll have to try to meet sometime.

Pat, you have a great memory!

Old 07-21-2011, 04:53 AM   #226
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, it truly is a small world. When I was in grade school and junior high back in the 1960's and early 70's, my family would come down to Fairfield several times a year. My grandpa had an aunt that lived down there. I really don't remember much about the area, but I do remember that Aunt Rosie always sent my grandpa to pick up fried chicken at some restaurant. I can see the restaurant in my mind's eye, as I always went with my grandpa to pick it up. I have no memory of the name of it. Aunt Rosie was, at that time, head of the local ALGWU. She was a character. Anyway, I remember that in the summer it was so darned hot down there!
I had numerous elderly family members down in the Fairfield, Olney, Albion, Carmi area that we would go visit back in the day. I remember the ladies always covered their mouths and noses with hankies that had be sprinkled with lavendar dusting powder. The cars didn't have a/c back then (or at least ours didn't) and that hankie kept the road dust out of their noses and mouths. Too funny and good memories!
I hope you are enjoying your new home!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:06 AM   #227
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning ladies! Hope you all have a wonderful COOL day!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #228
Embossing Fanatic

Oh that would be great if we could meet and set up a create a day or evening or something. We go to Fairfield often for Walmart and Chinese. Let's try and make it work.
my email is lebpab21408@yahoo.com
my blog is pattispaperfun.blogspot.com

Thank you ladies for all your help and suggestion. Great to have friends in this circle.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti's Paper Fun View Post
Oh that would be great if we could meet and set up a create a day or evening or something. We go to Fairfield often for Walmart and Chinese. Let's try and make it work.
my email is lebpab21408@yahoo.com
my blog is pattispaperfun.blogspot.com

Thank you ladies for all your help and suggestion. Great to have friends in this circle.
Sounds awesome! Hmmmmmm... I haven't tried the Chinese restaurants yet. Which one is best?

Funny thing is.... I just got home from a day of antiqueing. I went to Albion, Princeton and Vinciennes (Indiana), Olney, and a few other places. I skirted all the way around you.

I was looking for s Secretary desk/chest. I found one. YAY!!!

Old 07-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #230
Embossing Fanatic

Wow! Sounds like a fun but busy day. I was in Albion at work at work at Champion Lab. Yeah Im like in the hub of lots of places. We like the Panda Chinese restraunt is our favorite. Its in the little mall in front of Walmart.. The coconut chicken is the bomb. They have a huge selection of food.

Glad that you found your desk. So was it at the last place that you looked. LOL
Hope you are keeping cool. Glad to hear from you.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:26 AM   #231
Matboard Maniac

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great Friday! Does anyone have big plans for the weekend? I have a card class at chruch tomorrow for 16 people. I finally finished putting together all of the kits last night. I think when this one is over I will need to get started on Christmas cards! (Maybe that will help keep me cool!)

Have a great day!
Tina
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #232
Mad Swapper

Smile

My BIG plans for the weekend is to stay COOL ! ! !

My Central Air is having a HARD time keeping the house cool enough for me!!!
I plan on doing some stamping, and that's about it!!! Got a couple movies to watch,.....blah, blah, blah.............

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 07-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #233
Glitter Queen

Went to the Rubber Rainbow yesterday to the Make It-Take It day. Made a really cute and quick card. Love those two Fridays a month. Love to see Carla and Ann, plus they always have fresh home-made cookies--bonus incentive huh.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #234

Hi Ladies!

Old 07-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #235
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I've been super busy with convention and coming home (and cleaning up from convention...and after my hubby who was home alone haha) and super stressed out and unhappy at work so I haven't popped in in a while! Hope everyone is staying cool! I know it's "cooler" today but when I ran out to get my FIL and DH Panera since they are finally finishing my shower I thought it was SUPER hot!

Hope to get some stamping in now that I have worked out and got some chores done...I need to quit playing around on the computer too, lol!

We are going to Bloomington for dinner tonight as my DH loves flat top and wants to take his brother for dinner tonight. I won't argue, lol! I wish I could stamp in the car though, lol!

We need to plan a get together sometime at least for the Decatur people and of course anyone else who's close and brave enough to join us! We should set up a stamp play date!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 07-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #236
Glitter Queen

HeLLo everyone! hope everyone is enjoying their weekend by staying cool
Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #237
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
I've been super busy with convention and coming home (and cleaning up from convention...and after my hubby who was home alone haha) and super stressed out and unhappy at work so I haven't popped in in a while! Hope everyone is staying cool! I know it's "cooler" today but when I ran out to get my FIL and DH Panera since they are finally finishing my shower I thought it was SUPER hot!

Hope to get some stamping in now that I have worked out and got some chores done...I need to quit playing around on the computer too, lol!

We are going to Bloomington for dinner tonight as my DH loves flat top and wants to take his brother for dinner tonight. I won't argue, lol! I wish I could stamp in the car though, lol!

We need to plan a get together sometime at least for the Decatur people and of course anyone else who's close and brave enough to join us! We should set up a stamp play date!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A stamp play date sounds GREAT ! ! ! Mindy, what are your favorite new SU products???
Enjoy dinner tonight, what kind of food is at Flat Top??? Have you ever eaten at Fuji??? I've heard good things about it, but not been there. I am in the mood for a good steak. OK, all you ladies from central IL,...What's your favorite steak restaurant???

Everyone have a great weekend, and stay cool!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 07-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #238
Pearl-ExPert

Have fun at Flat Top, Mindy. We really like that place! Linda, hmmm steak....have you ever been to Alexander's Steakhouse? It's in Normal. They display their steaks in refrigerator cases and you select the one you want. Then you can either grill it yourself on these big open grills or have the restaurant staff do it for you. It's a fun place to eat, especially when you go with several people. My DH loves it as he is "addicted" to grilling which is a good thing! The Ozark House on McGregor St. in Bloomington has really good steaks, too. They buy them from a local meat market and they're always very juicy and tender. Another good place, they also have live music on Friday & Saturdays, usually a kind of jazz/blues/mild rock band - always very good and the music is low enough that you can still visit. Anyway, it's called Swingers - very good, too!
My daughters and I are going out to eat for a "girls night out". We do that once every few months. Even though they both live here in town, it's nice to make an "event" out of getting together. The hubbies all gather at one of our houses and order in pizza!
Everybody be careful in this heat. It is horrendous!!!!
Can't wait to Tuesday's colored pencil class in Tremont! I know I definitely will find some thing I need! I'm also excited t learn how to use colored pencils better as that's a technique I love.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #239
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, I checked with my husband, who is the steak lover in our family, his vote is that the Ozark House has the best steaks in town. I love their bbq chicken! I can honestly say that in all the years we've been there, I've never had a bad meal.
Betty, I have been thinking about making a road trip to Tremont for one of the make and takes. I wasn't sure how crowded it was on Fridays as I'd really like to have a chance to "browse" all their hundreds of stamps. I know it will probably be crowded on this Tuesday. Also, since you go there sometimes, have you been in the little restaurant next door? Do you know if they serve food at lunchtime? Thanks for your help!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #240
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A stamp play date sounds GREAT ! ! ! Mindy, what are your favorite new SU products???
Enjoy dinner tonight, what kind of food is at Flat Top??? Have you ever eaten at Fuji??? I've heard good things about it, but not been there. I am in the mood for a good steak. OK, all you ladies from central IL,...What's your favorite steak restaurant???

Everyone have a great weekend, and stay cool!!!
Um fave products? ALL of them, duh! LOL! I seriously have an addiction! I'm excited about the scoring board, never used one and I love the new glitter glue that's like stickles.

Flat top is make your own stir fry...you pick stuff out of a salad bar type island, it's very good but super filling, I'm stuffed and then I came home and ate a bunch of random crap for some stupid reason. Fuji is good too but way too much food. I do need to go on Tues night for dollar sushi rolls though! Don't have a fave steak place.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member