Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #121
Mad Swapper

Hi, Oh my,...I AM jealous of you living so close to "Rubber Rainbows"!!! I LOVE that shop, but it is a long drive from Decatur, especially with gas prices now a day!!! The class was great. Unfortunately, that Glitter is pricey, but I had to purchase several colors, so I can play with it. Of course, I had to have the Peel Offs and the tape to go along with it!!! I guess it is good that I don't live any closer. I would be broke, for sure. I will try to make a trip there once a month.

I forget what your name is. Please, remind me. It was good to hear from you!!! We aren't a very chatty group, but it's always good to hear from another stamper from Illinois!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #122
Glitter Queen

My actual name is Betty. You certainly need to exert some control when you visit the shop. I stop in once or twice a week. We hope in the near future to move to Tremont, now there is trouble. Carla and her sister Ann (the owners) are two of the sweetest young women I know. You always feel so welcome there. Hope to see you again sometime.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #123
Glitter Queen

Linda, let me know sometime when you are coming down this way and maybe we can meet for lunch.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #124
Mad Swapper

Will do Betty,...that would be fun!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #125
Pearl-ExPert

Linda & Betty (and all you other Illinois stampers):
Reading your posts, I don't know if I can wait for the class in July to go back over there! I stopped at our one and only LSS here in Bloomington this morning. It's a great store, but nowhere near the selection of stamps as over at Tremont! I am definitely "needing" new stamps! It's only about a half hour drive for me. We'll see how long I hold out!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #126
Mad Swapper

GO...GO...GO...!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell Anne and Carla that Linda told you to GO! ! ! I absolutely LOVE that place! Buy an extra stamp or two for me!!! LOL. They are THE BEST stamp store out there!!! Most shops cater toward Scrapbooking, but very few good stamps. "Rubber Rainbows" cater to the "Card Makers" out there, and I think WE are multiplying in numbers!!!

Well, I've got to get ready for my appointment with my Neurosurgeon in Springfield. Hopefully, we can get set up for surgery and get it over with!!! I have an appointment with Dr Graham, a Podiatrist on July 6th. I am ready to get rid of this CRAZY PAIN, and get on with my life!!!

Everyone have a great Monday!!! Right now it is a beautiful day,...but maybe storms later. The rest of the week is looking great!!!

HAPPY STAMPING ! ! !

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #127
Pearl-ExPert

Too funny, Linda! I will give them your message if I take a "road trip". Good luck with your appointments. Keep us posted on how you're doing. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #128
Cardstock Collector

Hi all! I'm from Illinois, too! Born in Chicago and have never left the area. Now I live in Oak Brook (DuPage County - just west of Chicago) and I own Memories & Beyond, the largest independent LSS in the Chicagoland area. We have 6,000 sq. ft. of Scrapping, Stamping, Card-making.....Copic markers (ALL of the colors for $5.99 each until the price goes up in August.) Looking at the new Mepxy markers - competition for Copic. Have you tried them? Would love feedback on them. Come see us when you're in Chicagoland. We have customers from Peoria, Bradley, Bourbonnais, Bloomington, Kankakee, etc. We're less than 1/2 mile off of I-355 at the 75th Street exit. Karen
Old 06-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #129
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Karen!
How awesome that you own such a wonderful sounding store! We get up to Oak Brook a couple times a year to do some shopping (gotta love Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn and the Macy's there!). Next time we're headed up that way I'll mapquest your store and stop there instead of Archivers!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #130
Cardstock Collector

Would love to have you! You can find us at memoriesbeyond.com. Hours are posted there, etc. We're easy to find and close to the interstate! karen
Old 06-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #131
Mad Swapper

Karen,
Your LSS sounds great!!! Glad you found our little SCS--Illinois--Group!!!
My son lives in Chicago. I usually take the Amtrak when I visit him, but am getting a bit braver, and think I may have to drive when I visit next time!!! One reason is so I can do some LSS--hunting and shopping!!!

I "Googled" those markers that you mentioned in your post (competitors for Copics). I couldn't find anything about them. Could you double check the spelling on them, or let me know where I can get some information on them??? I am a BIG Copic user!!! We recently had a LSS in Bloomington close. It refilled my Copics for $!-. I hate the thought of buying 200+ refills for my Copics!!!

Are you seeing a increase in Card Makers and Stampers coming into your store??? I think all in our group are card makers, as are some of my friends. What are you seeing in Chicago area???

Welcome again!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #132
Mad Swapper

Just a little update. I spent the afternoon in Springfield. I met with my Neurosurgeon at 2:30, and didn't get out of there until after 4:30. I was diagnosed in 2005 with a degenerative nerve disease. Well, today, I was diagnosed with a degenerative disc disease. Long story, but I have to have some other tests, one being a Discagram. I had one 9 years ago, and it was pure torture, so I'm not looking forward to that. My Dr thinks I have a tear in one of my discs, too. So, hopefully, after the test results are in, she can do surgery. Hopefully, at this point, I can have two or three discs removed and fused. It will get me as close to being "pain-free" that I have been in over ten years. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #133
Cardstock Collector

Linda, the spelling for the new markers is correct. It is pronounced MEPSY - rhymes with Pepsi. They are from South Korea. We have a set of 12 here that were dropped off by the importer. The four teachers who have tried them so far really like them A LOT!!! Most like them better than Copic!!! The barrels hold more ink, are shaped a bit different, but the "working" ends are EXACTLY the same. The gals all think it has better 'coverage'.

I haven't gotten into refilling the Copics. The cost is horrific, and unless I get just a tremendous push to get that started, I doubt I will.

We haven't seen a big increase in card-makers. We have a goodly number already. My son is going to teach one of our card classes! He did one last month - "Making cards for guys" and now he is doing a class on the Wizard of Oz paper that just came out from Graphic 45.

I sure hope you're going to do ok with your back problems. I'm sure the test will be tough, but the updates and changes that have been made in ALL of those detailed kinds of tests is just amazing. Perhaps this time it will be somewhat easier for you. I certainly hope so!

karen
Old 06-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #134
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, Linda...I hate that for you. I agree with Karen. There have been so many wonderful advances in medical technology that I, too, hope the tests this time around will be easier to handle. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be pain free or nearly so? Maybe the thought of the end result might help make that darn test a little easier to tolerate!
Karen, I'm off to check out your website. Good for your son for teaching classes! One Halloween, my husband made 1 card. He was pretty pleased with himself - lol!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #135
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Linda, discograms are no fun! But Dr. Graham is good! If you need recommendations for where to do physical therapy if you have to do any, let me know. If you come to my clinic we can talk scrapping which of course makes it more tolerable If the physical therapist I work for finds out a patient it a scrapper, he always puts them on my schedule, hehe. I'll be thinking about you!!!!!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 06-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #136
Matboard Maniac

Good luck Linda. I hope you get some relief.
Karen - now I'm going to have to schedule a trip to Oak Brook. I really don't like driving up there but the thought of a great LSS is luring me. I have a friend who doesn't mind so much so maybe I can get her to drive.
I'm taking the Karen Lockhart classes at Rubber Rainbow in July and I can't wait. Later that week my daughter and I are going to Nashville, IN and I know there's a stamp store there too so it's going to be a fun week all around!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #137
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey I have a question for the Central Illinois people. (I'm not hi-jacking this)

How are you all? Have the storms hit you?

My MIL and BIL all live in Meredosia and Chapin area. I know they got hit with some bad storms.

Plus we will be in Dosh for the weekend.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #138
Mad Swapper

Cindy,
I am so jealous!!! I LOVE Nashville Indiana!!! There are two great LSS there. I haven't been for over a year, but one is small, but jam-packed with stamps, bling and paper. The other is completely different, but just as good. Again, lots of stamps and different goodies!!! We used to make a yearly trip to Nashville, and I miss it.

I will be waiting for details of your trip!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #139
Pearl-ExPert

We haven't been hit with much here in Bloomington/Normal. Some heavy rain with lots of thunder and lightning on Sunday night, but nothing major. It has been a little dry. Even with all of that rain Sunday, I had to water all my flower pots tonight! Oh well, they sure do look pretty! Knock on wood, we seem to have missed the heavier storms!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #140
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanstamping2 View Post
Hey I have a question for the Central Illinois people. (I'm not hi-jacking this)

How are you all? Have the storms hit you?

My MIL and BIL all live in Meredosia and Chapin area. I know they got hit with some bad storms.

Plus we will be in Dosh for the weekend.
I know Morgan County got hit really hard with storms late last week and Jacksonville and many rural areas that get water from the city are STILL on a boil order. There was major flooding throughout the city and few roads in/out of town were closed off as well as one of the exits off 72. From what I've heard the flooding has finally started to clear up but there's a lot of cleaning left to do. I'm actually meeting with a stamp friend from the area later today.

As far as where I am, we've had some pretty fierce storms as well, but thankfully not as serious. The worst was a few nights ago and it was mostly just a lot of leaves/twigs everywhere that need picked up. I have a small yard though so an afternoon of raking was all I needed to do. Unfortunately, my parents were out of town so I had to go clean their pool and the cover blew off of their hot tub so it was a mess as well. Makes me glad I can just go use theirs rather than having my own to have to care for all the time.

My Blog!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #141
Pearl-ExPert

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!!!!!!! God Bless the U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:38 AM   #142
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi All! I'm still unpacking in my new town - Fairfield! I hope to be stamping again soon!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 07-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #143
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone! I too am from Central Illinois. I am about 45 min from Peoria. After reading all of these posts - I really need to check out Tremont! I have been scraping for about 5 years and just recently got into card making and stamping. I can't believe the number of stamps I have collected in less than a year! There is a LSS in Canton that I visit on occasion (when I can't get to Peoria or Springfield), but being such a small town, they do not have the selection. I love Prairie Art Stamps in Springifled too! I am really excited to meet more people from our own little area!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #144
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome TinaMarie! Tremont is definitely worth the trip. I do all card making and stamping. One of these days I'll try some scrapbooking. It seems like a huge undertaking to me...maybe because our daughters are 30 and 31 and can't even seem to keep the pictures labeled and in picture boxes let alone scrapbook! I haven't been to the store in Canton. I'll have to give it a look-see next time we go to Peoria. Welcome to the Central Illinoisans group (maybe that's what we are?)!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #145
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Hi All! I'm still unpacking in my new town - Fairfield! I hope to be stamping again soon!
Welcome back!!! I hope you like your new town!!! I hope you haven't had withdrawal from stamping!!! Hurry and get unpacked,...cards are awaiting to be made!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 07-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #146
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMarie2 View Post
Hi everyone! I too am from Central Illinois. I am about 45 min from Peoria. After reading all of these posts - I really need to check out Tremont! I have been scraping for about 5 years and just recently got into card making and stamping. I can't believe the number of stamps I have collected in less than a year! There is a LSS in Canton that I visit on occasion (when I can't get to Peoria or Springfield), but being such a small town, they do not have the selection. I love Prairie Art Stamps in Springifled too! I am really excited to meet more people from our own little area!
Welcome Tina Marie!!!
I think we are from all over Illinois now, but started out to be from Central IL. I am from Decatur. We no longer have any LSS here...
I LOVE the Tremont store. It is called "Rubber Rainbows", and is in with a very nice gift shop. The owners are two very nice sisters, Ann and Carla. Tell them Linda sent you, and they will give you some nice coupons!!! LOL
I took a card class there a couple weeks ago. It was presented very well. My only drawback is that for me, it is over an hour to get there. When I go with a friend, time isn't an issue!!!

Good to have you on our little group!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #147
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the warm welcome Linda and Loretia! A few of my friends and I try to get together once a month and go to a LSS somewhere in Illinois. It has been fun to go all over the state and see some of the local people! I think a couple of us are going to try to get to Peoria tomorrow (Michael's has a great coupon!) so we may just have to go to Tremont while we are out! I look forward to getting to know all of you ladies and sharing in the joys and fun of stamping!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #148
Pearl-ExPert

Have you been to Scrapadoodle yet in Peoria? It's a fun store to shop at. They're in the MetroCentre just south of the corner of University and War Memorial. They have a large selection of paper and punches. Also, some fun "accents or bling". Their stamp selection doesn't seem very large to me, but I always find something I NEED there! Have fun on your trip!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #149
Proud Fan Club Member

I can't wait to move to West Central IL. But I have to wait for 2 years.
That's when Dh retires. And we still need to sell our house.

Where I will be living is far from most stores in general. I will have to drive at least 50 miles one way to find a Craft store.

So this will take some planning for the day. Cause I'm not going to drive one way for a couple of things.

Where I will be living is in the Town of Meredosia IL which is right next to the Illinois River. In fact the river is right behind our house. (Mom's).

I do love it there. And I hope I won't have to many withdrawls from not living closer to stores.

Looking forward to meeting you all!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:50 AM   #150
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Thanks, Linda. My plan is to have my stamping room mostly ready by the end of next week. We'll see how that goes. I'm very anxious to start stamping again!

TinaMarie, it really is nice to get to know you here in this thread!

Loretia, I've been to Scrapadoodle in Peoria several times... very nice store. Wish I'd known about Tremont store - I'd have gone there, too... but now it is too far away.

Nancy, I hope your house will sell when it's time and you'll love retirment in your new home!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 07-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #151
Pearl-ExPert

I swear I almost go through withdrawal when I haven't put ink to stamps for a few days - lol!
Linda, I'm wondering how your Dr's appt. and tests went? I sure hope they can do something to get rid of the pain for you.
Nancy, a home on the river sounds heavenly to me. If we ever retire, we definitely want a home on a body of water (preferably Northern Wisconson)! Good luck with your home sale.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #152
Mad Swapper

Smile

Well, I'm kinda sitting on what to do about the test results. I have three herniated discs in my lower back. I saw the Neurosurgeon a couple of weeks ago. She wants another Discogram, and I am not ready for that pain again. I'm doing a lot of reading about alternatives to fusions. I rescheduled my foot Dr apt. Foot seems to not be as swollen, so am keeping my fingers crossed!!!
I think I am just getting old and wearing out,...LOL ! ! !

I have had so many surgeries in my lifetime that I have learned that you fix one area, and another area breaks down!!! I am just pacing myself for the time being. Just not ready for anything drastic!!!

I've been fighting a migraine for the last few days. Time to get back to watching my diet, I think!!!

Hope to stamp some today!!! I've got some birthdays, and sick kids to make cards for!!!

Everyone have a GREAT weekend,...stay cool!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 07-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #153
Matboard Maniac

Hang in there Linda. I definately understand how you feel! The last 2 years I have had a joint removed in my arm, had my thyroid removed and went through treatment for thyroid cancer. Once you start going to the dr they just keep fnding more and more wrong! I finally decided 2 months ago that I was just going to deal with what I could and not worry about the rest. I finally feel like a normal person again!

Didn't get to Tremont today, spent all of our money on a vehicle for our soon to be 16 year old. He is going to be so excited when he gets home tonight! But, I did get to play alittle. I have been working on some dementional flowers that I put in flower pots. Will try to post some pictures on here tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Old 07-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #154
Pearl-ExPert

Gosh, Linda I'm sorry to hear that there weren't any good suggestions from your Dr. I think you're smart to do some research and wait on any decision until you're sure. TinaMarie, you've been through alot also!
I remember teenage kids and cars! Tons of fun and lots of $$$$! Oh well, they're worth every penny.
Stamping for me today. I think it's too blame hot and humid to be outside, so I'll be creative indoors.
Happy stamping everyone!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #155
Mad Swapper

Smile

I AM GOING TO MAKE CARDS TODAY ! ! !

Things just didn't work out yesterday. I finally DID get some good sleep, and my headache IS better!!!

Some days I just wish my Hubby worked 16 hour days, like he used to. I got so much more accomplished when he wasn't at home so much!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 07-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #156
Matboard Maniac

Today had been a lazy day for me. After church I went to visit my parents then came home and took a nap! Just finished up dishes and now I am going to play! I have a new stamp set that I haven't had time to play with. I think I will see what I can create!

Glad to hear your headache is gone Linda!Lets hope it just stays away!!
Old 07-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #157
Compulsive Stamper

Hey ladies! It's been a busy but exciting few weeks for me! Between vacation with the in-laws, the 4th holiday, job interviews, and a Scrap/Stamp weekend retreat, I FINALLY signed up to become a SU Demo! I'm so excited to start getting the ball rolling! I'm excited for things to start slowing down a bit too. I am wanting to do some more stamping. I mostly did scrapbooking at the retreat I went to, so I did some stamping, but not as much as I would have liked and I'm really itching to get some new cards made!

My Blog!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #158
Matboard Maniac

Congratulations Jen! Boy! I thought my life was busy! I am tired just reading everything you have going on!

So far I have not had time to create anything this week Maybe tonight I will be able to work on a few things. Have to go out of town tomorrow for work but then Thursday and Friday should be good. I know I will be shopping on Saturday because I teach a card class at my church once a month and need to get supplies. (plus a little something for myself!)
Happy stamping!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #159
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to TexasGrammy

Hi Ladies! We're glad you've found some stampy friends in your area! Since you seem to be enjoying staying in touch with each other via this thread, we're scooting the thread over to the "Fun & Games" forum.
Just keep on having fun!

ADDED NOTE: If you would like, we can change the title to identify your chat group. Just let me know if you would like to do so.

Needing SU inspiration? Check out the latest from our SCS Creative Crew each month:
Creative Crew Galleries!
Psssssssssssst! New creations appearing July 1st!

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 07-12-2011 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: added note
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #160
Mad Swapper

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGrammy View Post
Hi Ladies! We're glad you've found some stampy friends in your area! Since you seem to be enjoying staying in touch with each other via this thread, we're scooting the thread over to the "Fun & Games" forum.
Just keep on having fun!

ADDED NOTE: If you would like, we can change the title to identify your chat group. Just let me know if you would like to do so.
PLEASE,....We would rather be left in a "CHAT GROUP" category, as well as have "Illinois Stampers" in our name. Pretty Please!!!

~~~LINDA~~~