Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 AM   #1161
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Illinois Stamping Friends!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #1162
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, Jeanette! Thank you for the lovely compliment yesterday. How kind of you!

Good morning to all in Illinois Stamping Land! It's only 54 degrees here and I'm loving it! 70% chance of rain - whoo hoo! I think all the plants, trees, etc. would breathe a huge sigh of relief if we got some rain. Is it me or has anyone else noticed that the plants, grass, etc. look so much better after a rain than water from the garden hose? Hmmmmmm.....something to ponder on this cloudy, wonderful Thursday!

Hugs and prayers to all!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:03 AM   #1163

Hi Loretia... you're welcome! You really do bring a lot of joy with each and every one of your posts!

DH's garden is in desperate need of rain - he can't really water it very well at all. He says if we don't get rain soon, the corn may not even happen. Yesterday they were saying we have an 80% chance of rain here today... DH sure is hoping!!! He isn't up/moving yet, so they may have reduced it to 70%, I don't know. I don't check the weather reports.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #1164
Matboard Maniac

Good afternoon Ladies!!
We had rain all morning but it has stopped now. I agree Loretia - everything looks so much better with rain rather than the hose. It will be nice to get a break from watering everything tonight! I know my grass really needs this rain! After working on the roof my poor yard looks pretty brown.
DD is getting very excited! Only a few more days until she leaves! Yesterday was my melt down day. If it could go wrong it did, but I stayed (fairly) calm and everything was fixed! She has a new adapter for her laptop, visited the dr to get an antibiotic for her mouth (poor thing will have to have oral surgery when she gets home), luggage is picked up and all of her identification is in order! Now she just has to pack, enjoy some quality time with her boyfriend and attend her going away party Sunday afternoon!
I think that yesterday I finally realized that she is really leaving the country and growing up! In the back of my mind she is still that cute curly headed blond 5 year old starting school for the first time!
DS is getting geared up for a big bowling tournament in Joliet on Saturday.. Keeping my fingers crossed he does well! He is trying for a spot on the Jr. Gold team USA! His dream is to bowl in college and maybe even try to go pro! (After college!)
It seems that both of my children are starting to make their own way in the world!I am so proud of both of them and pray that God will continue to guide them in the right direction with their lives. And of course guide me into learning how to let go.
I hope you all enjoy your evening and have an even better tomorrow!
Huggs to all!

http://tinamarie9971.blogspot.com My Blog
Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #1165
Hardware Hotshot

We got .2 inches of rain. Still hopeing for more!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:07 AM   #1166

Tina, it sounds like you have a couple of great children!

Mae, I wish we had gotten more rain.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #1167
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, ladies! Yeah, it's Friday. For me, that means DH is home and not at work!

Jeanette, I wish your DH's garden had gotten the rain we did. There was about an 1" and a 1/2 in our rain gauge this morning from yesterday and last night's rain. I swear I can hear the yard singing - lol!

Mae, it sounds like you missed out on that, too. I hope you all get more soon!

Tina, bless your heart! Of course you melted down. How could you not? I don't think we ever lose those images of our kids when they were young! It sure does sound like you have 2 wonderful children and that you have every reason to be proud of them! Good job, Mom! I swear with our girls at 30 and 31, I am still working on that "letting go". It does get easier with time and when I give them to God (who they belong to anyway) and quit snatching them back, I do pretty well. Why do I always seem to "snatch back" what I give to Him so much! Gotta keep working on that one!!!!!!!

I tried a new technique, at least for me, on a card yesterday. I finally, for the 1st time, pulled out my aqua painter that I've had for a hundred years! I think the card looks pretty good; not too hard either. Now, I've got a new design for Operation Write Home cards! One of these days I'll learn how to upload pictures onto the computer and maybe start a gallery - yikes!

I hope everyone has a good day! Hugs and prayers to all!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #1168

Loretia, good to see you this morning! Yes, I wish we'd gotten the same rain you did.... but alas.... was not the case.

Enjoy you Friday! And please do learn to upload photos... we'd love to see your creations!

Old 06-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #1169
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Ladies!!
Loretia - you always make me smile reading your posts! You have such a wonderful insight and it always makes me feel better! Thank you!!!
We got about an inch of rain here too. and I agree - I think my flowers were singing to me this morning!
We have began our search for an interm minister for our church. We are interviewing our first candidate next week! I am so excited to be a part of such a huge decision for our congregation. I am praying that God will guide us and give us a pastor that will help us heal and move on from the past.
It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day! I hope you are all able to enjoy it is some way.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs!

Old 06-04-2012, 03:46 AM   #1170

Tina, I pray that you and your church will know when you've found God's interim for you!

Old 06-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #1171
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, ladies!

Jeanette, how goes the "countdown to Thailand". I'm sure you're running around like crazy, but hopefully your excitement is building, too!

Tina, good luck to you and your search committee as you begin interviewing interim pastors. I pray God leads you to the minister that can help your church heal, grow and thrive.

My goal for this week is to find Father's Day gifts for DH. He is the hardest man to buy for as he never "wants" much of anything. Very content man, which is a blessing to all our family. Just makes gift buying hard. His 3 go-to's are Sear's, Barnes and Noble and Bass Pro Shop gift cards! Pretty well sums up his interests right there - lol!

I hope everyone has a good day, today! Hugs and prayers for all!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #1172

Loretia, I'm married to one of those difficult-to-buy-for guys, too... complicated by the fact that he's truly sincere when he says (everytime) "Don't get me anything."

The countdown is going well. The packing lists are made (won't actually start packing the suitcases until Wednesday or Thursday), just a few minor tweaks needed on the lessons I've prepared, shopping finished (except for a few snacks to take along).... need to make sure I've bought all the groceries my two guys will need here at the house while I'm gone.... and have to get ahead on DT responsibilities and complete another swap and get it postal before I go. Oh.......... plus a few other errands (like get cash from the bank, and I still need to get that pesky tetanus shot.)

How are you doing? Do you have a busy week ahead?

Old 06-04-2012, 04:29 AM   #1173
Pearl-ExPert

Hi, Jeanette! Good to "see" you!

Yes, I do have a busy week ahead. However, it pales in comparison to your list - lol! It sounds like you're making good progress on your "to do" list. Go girl!

I'll be helping DD with the twins. They're a handful of sweetness that need 4 hands to take care of right now! Of course, that's a huge chore for me - not! When I look into those precious eyes of theirs, I am filled with such a sense of love, miracles and God. I remember that with our DD's and there is nothing else like it.

In my "spare" time, I do need to show up at work a few times. I have a few meals to make & deliver for our casserole ministry this week. I'm taking my niece to the Dr. in Peoria tom. for her follow-up check after her surgery. I also take time to get a couple of walks in with our other DD. I absolutely do not want her to feel like she has taken a back seat since the twins were born. I also need to box up a load of cards for Operation Write Home and keep clicking away at the cards I need for this month's birthdays and anniversaries for friends/family. June is a big card "need" month around here! Stamp club is Thurday a.m. with my neighbors and I will not give that up. Too important to me and therapeutic!

In all honesty though, I wouldn't change a thing if I could. I had the blessing of waking up this morning with my DH, our health and all the wonder around us. It can't help but be a good week!!!!!!

Hugs, to you, stamping friend!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 AM   #1174

Your week sounds tremendously busy - yet fun! - to me! I know what you mean about feeling blessed. My life is a fabulous one and I wouldn't change it either.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #1175
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies!! Well, today is the day Lacie leaves for Argentina..I am excited for her but also very sad she is leaving and feeled with anxiety over the trip in general. I konw she will be fine, but I guess I am just being "Mom". We will head to the airport in a couple of hours and I will try to hold in my tears until she leaves. Please keep her in your prayers for a safe trip!

Old 06-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #1176

Hi Tina! I know this day will be an emotional one. I am praying for you and for your dear sweet Lacie! It really is an amazing opportunity for her and I know that you send your blessings with her. Hugs, my dear!

Old 06-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #1177

Old 06-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #1178
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning! Lacie has arrived safely in Argentina! She was so excited to get on that plane yesterday that it made me happy just watching her! I still have not heard from her, but according to Delta her flight arrived on time. She should be almost to her host families home about now. I have decided to use all of my extra energy on some projects while she is gone instead of stressing about her being gone. I entend to have alot accomplished when she gets home!
I hope you all have a wonderful day! God Bless and Hugs!!

Old 06-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #1179

YAY!! That's awesome news, Tina! I know you are relieved that she is safely on the ground again... and I'm sure she's excited to have the trip behind her.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #1180
Compulsive Stamper

Hello, all! I know I've been missing for quite awhile again, DH and I just returned from a trip to Florida with my younger brother and his girlfriend. We did the Disney thing and a day at Universal. Fun was had by all, but we were all ready to come home, too. Seems that's usually the way things go.

Job searching for me is slow, not much out there and not much luck with what is. The job that I interviewed for in the school I was aiding at hired someone else, because they were willing to coach boys basketball as well. It was a real slap in the face as it was clear I would not be able to continue the extra-curriculars I sponsored/coached if I was not employed in the district anymore. Apparently boys basketball is "more important" than the Yearbook and volleyball which I did.

But, on the plus side, DH now has not only one but two very positive leads. The vacation put a delay on them just a bit, but both leads were very enthusiastic about him being able to take the time off, they said he deserved it more than anyone after the last 3 1/2 years of school he's had to go through! Plus, Illinois is behind on getting their licenses out so he can't legally practice until he receives it. He has plans to get together with both of the leads this week so hopefully the progress picks up soon!

As for me, my biggest project right now is finishing up planning and prep for our Relay for Life. I'm a team captain and the Entertainment Chair and with the Relay in just a few days (eek!) I've got a lot of last minute tasks that need to be taken care of!

My Blog!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #1181

Jen, it's sure good to see you... I'd been wondering how you are doing. Sorry to hear the job wasn't offered to you. They sure didn't make a very wise choice there, drats that they think sports are more important. I wish you and your DH success in the job search!

Old 06-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #1182
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, ladies! Boy, on this site you miss a day and miss alot!!!!!

It is good to "see" you, Jen. I swear, since the history of men's sports began, they have always taken precedence in our school systems over all other extra-curricular activities. I am sorry that the job did not get offered to you. It sure is their loss!!!!! Prayers for you and DH as you continue down your job search path. I know the right ones are out there for you both; it's just so hard to look and wait! Good luck with your Relay for Life. What a wonderful contribution you're making!!!!!

Tina, it sure sounds like you did an awesome job getting Lacie off. I'm glad she's safe and on the ground. This will be such an exciting adventure for her and I predict she will come home with even more maturity than she left with. I'm keeping her in my prayers. Great idea to get some projects done while she's away! Hopefully, that will help make the days go a little bit faster. How did your son do at his bowling tournment?

Jeanette, are you getting excited about your trip? It sounded like, from a post you made, that you will be doing some teaching while you're abroad? Do you think that language differences will be a barrier for you?

My niece got a great report at the Dr. yesterday. All biopsies came back normal!!!!! Thank you, God!

Our sweet little grandbabies are doing well. Cameron is the most content little guy unless he's messy or hungry. Lucy, on the other hand, is very colicky. She's not too happy unless she's asleep or being held. They are just so precious and we're having so much fun "helping" take care of them.

Well, Aunt Andrea, DD#1, is helping with the twins today, so I'm off to work for a bit, running errands and hopefully get a couple father's day cards made.

Hugs and prayers to all!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #1183

Hi Loretia! YAY for your niece's good report yesterday! I love hearing about the twins.... you are fortunate to be able to spend so much time with them! I wish Lucy didn't have to suffer with colick, poor sweetie!

Yes, I am getting excited about my trip and things are falling into place nicely. I will be doing some teaching - missions lessons - VBS types of things. The children are Americans and speak English, so that is no problem. We are with the children for about 11 hours each day (7 days). Then we go to the open market area for our evening meal and shopping. That may cause some challenges with the language, since that is a Thai area. We'll see.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #1184
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies!!
Jen - it's good to hear from you! I sounds like you had a wonderful vacation in Floridia! I am sure it was a well deserved and much needed break for both your hubby and YOU! Keep the faith that the perfect job will come along for both you and your hubby. I am still praying for you.

Jeanette - I am so excited for your trip! It sounds like it will be very exciting and challenging at the same time. You will be in my prayers as you travel.

Loretia - Pour Lucy! But, lucky for Grandma that colicky babies like to be held! I bet that is hard work for you! Both babies are so lucky to have so much family around to love and spoil them!

Isaac did pretty well in his tournament for it being his first big one. He ended up in 30th place out of 112 bowlers! We are going to try to get him into more tournaments like that one over the next year. He would love to be able to bowl in college.
I talked to Lacie last night and she is doing great! After the initial culture shock and getting over jet lag she is really enjoying herself. The first call I received had me a little worried because she was crying and upset but she had only had about 3 hours of sleep. Once she took a nap and ate dinner she called me again and was doing great! One of the cousins from her host family is her age and has already invited her to go to the movies and dinner! I am sure I will hear from her quite a bit since she can call home for free!
That reminds me - Jeanette - if you don't have one, get a Magic Jack! They are only 40.00 and as long as you have internet connection you can call anywhere in the world for free!! It plugs into your computer and then you just connect a regular phone to it.I am sure that will be the best thing we bought for Lacies trip!
Well, I better get some work done this morning! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs!

Old 06-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #1185

Tina, I'm so glad you have had contact with Lacie and she's doing better since that first phone call! Sounds like her host family will be a good fit for her!

Thank you for the information about the Magic Jack. I'll keep that in mind for the future. I'm not taking a computer or cell phone this trip.......... so will have no contact with home until I return. We will be fine!

Old 06-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #1186
Matboard Maniac

Hi, ladies!!! I've been off and away with gardening and work that stretches into the evenings. Made a couple cards here and there but need to spend some time doing more stamping!! Not enough hours in the day right now!! My DIL and granddaughter #2, Miss Ansley, are back visiting from CA. All of us will head over to my other son's to play with little Miss Reagan on Saturday. It will be interesting to see how the girls do together this time. The last visit, Ansley was just a 1 1/2 mos. old. Now that she's 5 mos. old she has a little more interest in what's going on around her. Have a great weekend everyone!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Old 06-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #1187

TGIF!!!
... ... ... ...

Old 06-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #1188
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Jeanette! Good morning Ladies!! Hope you all have a wonderful day and an even better weekend!
I am planning on getting alot of things done at home this weekend and hoping to find a little time to work on some Fathers' day cards too!

Old 06-09-2012, 02:57 AM   #1189
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Saturday morning, ladies!

Hey, Pat...good to "see" you. It sure sounds like you're going to have a great weekend. That will be so much fun to have both your little angels together. Let us know what they think of each other!

Yesterday was a first for DD #2! She actually ran a couple of errands and left the twins with Grammy! She was gone about 1 1/2 hrs. and didn't even check in once. I was so proud of her and pleased for her! The "letting go" begins awfully early, doesn't it, Tina?! The babies and Grammy had some great conversation. They have gotten so aware of what is going on around them. They seem to focus so intently on you when you're "having a conversation" with them. They're moving their little mouths like they want to talk, but of course, way too soon for that!!!! A formula change the Dr. suggested seems to be helping Lucy some. Grandpa is smoking a brisket today and we'll take food over and eat with all the kids tonight. Our new Saturday night tradition!

Father's Day cards are done as are all the June bday and anniversary cards. Yeah! I did just finish boxing up a load of cards for Operation Write Home. DH and I are heading out to the Farmer's Market here in town this morning. I don't know what they'll have yet, but it will be fun to just bum around together.

Jeanette, I'm praying for a success, fulfilling and safe trip for you.

Tina, have you heard from Lacy again? Prayers for her! It sure sounds like your son did really well in the bowling tournament. Good for him for putting himself "out there"!

Linda, we have't "seen" you for awhile! I hope all is well with you.

Jen, I'm glad you all had fun on your vacation! Prayers to you and all the participants of the Relay for Life!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #1190

Tina, I'm sorry, I missed seeing you yesterday - hello!

Loretia, how fun that you were able to "converse" with the twins yesterday while their mama ran errands! And how fun to have a Saturday evening tradition! Thank you for your sweet comments regarding my trip! I definitely appreciate your prayers!

I leave tomorrow right after church and will be gone for two weeks, so this may be my last post to this thread until I get home and manage to adjust to jet lag enough to make it back to the threads. I hope you will each have a wonderful two weeks while I'm gone. I will miss you, but am so excited to be heading to Thailand on this mission trip. Hugs!!!

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 06-09-2012 at 03:22 AM..
Old 06-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #1191
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Ladies!!
I was able to talk to Lacie yesterday. She is having a great time and starting to adjust to the language. She says she loves it there but could never live there full time. She is seeing and experiencing so much! She said that it is so sad to see so many people living on the streets. She wishes she could just bring them all home with her!
My prayers are with you Jeanette as you make your trip to Thialand!
Loertia - I am sure you enjoyed your "alone" time with the grandbabies! I know I would have!
Pat - hope your weekend was wonderful with the grandbabies!
Well, I better get to work! Have a great day everyone!
Hugs!

Old 06-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #1192
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Tuesday morning, all!

Tina, I'm so excited for you that you were able to talk to Lacie!!!!!! I'll bet her voice never sounded so good - lol! I can only imagine what an eye-opening experience this is for her. I'm glad she loves it there. Hopefully, that helps you feel better about her being away for a bit! You sure did raise one brave, compassionate daughter! Keep us posted about what she sees/does!!! I'm keeping her in my prayers.

Pat, how was your weekend with the babies? How did they react to each other? That must have been so fun to watch!

I'm off to take the dogs for a walk on this gorgeous morning and then my neighbors are coming over this a.m. for some stamping - yeah!

I hope everyone has a good day. Hugs and prayers for all!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #1193
Matboard Maniac

Just a quick hello!! The grandbabies were wonderful to have together!! Reagan (almost a year old now!!) was interested in Ansley's toys that she brought with her. And little Miss Ansley(5 mos.) was interested in the sippy cups and little snacks Reagan was eating! We'll be taking her up to Bloomington tomorrow night to visit a friend. My traveling BFF, Kathy, will go along too. Then on Saturday we'll get in Decatur together again for one last time to see my sweet little baby girl before she leaves. I may need to sneak in one more moment of baby kisses from her before they leave on Tuesday!!

Headed tonight for a massage with one of my friends. She's wants to make some of tiles so I printed off a couple tutorials off of SC. I need to get my Stampin Up order in by the end of the month before they throw me out!!! ACCKKK!!! Plus the holiday catalog will be going live soon. The online sneak-peek looks like some AWESOME products--great stamp sets, matching framelits, etc.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #1194
Compulsive Stamper

Well, I have an interview Tuesday morning and DH has a business meeting Wednesday night...they're both in the same town...could this be it? Keep those prayers going ladies, we both really appreciate it!

My Blog!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #1195
Matboard Maniac

Yay for you and DD, Jen!! As we all know, prayers are powerful!! Good luck!

Old 06-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #1196
Pearl-ExPert

Jen, I am very excited for you and DH! Best of luck to you both in your interview and meeting. Praying away for you both! Keep us posted.

Pat, I'm glad you had fun with Reagan and Ansley! It sounds like they enjoyed each other. I don't know how you stand being so far away from Miss Ansley. I swear, 24 hrs. away from Cameron and Lucy and I'm going through withdrawal - lol! I guess we do what we have to do.

Tina, how goes the chore list?! It's just fascinating to me how "chores" stay on one list of mine or move from and old list to a new one. We really do live in a clean, tidy home, but sometimes I'm not quite sure how - lol!

We're headed to the kids tonight for DD#1's 32nd birthdy, DD#1 and her DH's anniversary and Father's Day combo party. I think the birthday girl wants to order in Monical's. Sounds delish to me - sausage & mushroom please with their salad with that awesome red dressing! The twins can't really go out into public places until they are 2 months old. So, we get together alot at DD#2 and her DH's home.

Happy Father's Day to all the DH's, Dad's and Grandpa's we all know and love!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:09 AM   #1197
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning ladies!!!!! Whew, is it hot or what?!?

Jen, I'm sending prayers your way that your interview goes well this morning and DH's meeting goes well tomorrow night!

Tina, have you heard any more from Lacie? I'm keeping her in my prayers.

Pat, how did your tile stamping go with your friend. I made a set of coasters and a matching trivet a few years ago and they have held up really well. Fun stamping!

Linda, how are you doing?

I sure hope that Jeanette's trip is going well for her!

The twins are wonderful! So much fun. Both can roll over now and scooch themselves along on the floor using their knees and elbows. It's so darn cute to watch and they seem to get so frustrated that they only move forward a smidge!

The new Michael's store opened up here in Normal. It's a pretty nice store. Lots of room between the aisles, very bright and clean. They do have a better selection of stamps than before but not as much expansion in that area as I hoped they might have. I guess my standards are pretty high - lol!

I hope everyone keeps cool today!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #1198
Mad Swapper

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I wanted to pop in to give you warning that I will need your help soon!!!
I think I will be having a total knee replacement soon. My pain really escalated during the round of shots, and now I'm in terrible pain. I had an MRI and my results last weeks from the nurse by phone. She was surprised to learn that I have severe Osteo-Artheritis pretty much everywhere inside and outside and inside my left knee. My Orthopedic Doctor is on vacation, so they squeezed me in Monday morning, on his first day back. We found out that my husband works with a guy, whose wife works for my doctor. HE IS HAVING BACK SURGERY ! ! ! So, luckily, he has a partner that is also very good, that may either have to do my surgery, or finish caring for me, after surgery.

Yesterday, I went and bought a pretty cane with flowers all over it, to use now and after my surgery. But I'm supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible. It doesn't hurt too bad when I'm not on it!!! I'm NOT looking forward to having the surgery, but will be happy to being pain-free in my knee!!!

I am going to need lots of company during my recuperation!!! So I am sure I will be popping in daily to check on everyone!!!

Has any of you had a knee replacement???
I'm a little apprehensive,.....

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #1199
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, Linda. My heart goes out to you for all the pain you are suffering. Good for you for buying yourself a pretty cane! You'll be looking very stylish while you recuperate!!!!! I have not had knee replacement surgery (or at least not yet). I do know quite a few people who have had total knee replacements. Several of them had both knees done at the same time. I know that all their surgeries were successful. They are pain free and able to walk without the aid of a cane or walker. I understand from talking with them over the years that the physical therapy/rehab after surgery requires alot of work, but I know you are up to the challenge!!!!!!

I think that any surgery causes all of us to be apprehensive. There seem to be so many unknowns. You're in my prayers, dear as are your doctors, nurses, therapists, etc. so that they may do their best work on your behalf.

I'll be here! I usually pop in on this thread about every day! You clearly are one very strong lady to be surviving such pain for as long as you have. As my great-grandma used to say "she's one tough bird" - that seems to fit you and it's a compliment, too! Hugs and prayers, Linda!

Happy Thursday evening to everyone in IL stamping land!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #1200
Mad Swapper

Smile

I appreciate that Loretia!!!

I've heard from several people on my FB today, and done some research on-line. Basically says what you said. You are in the hospital about 4 days, but get you out of bed the 1st or 2nd day. Then you start PT the following day, and it's pretty hard. That's what they said about PT for my Rotator Cuff. It wasn't a lot of fun, but it was tolerable!!! Right now, the Percacet is barely helping with the pain, and I can't do anything without it. AND I don't want to get addicted to it!!! If they could only fix my back!!! I want to take a walk without pain so bad!!! Oh well, I guess I should be thankful to get the use of my leg/ knee with no pain!!!

I am going to bed now. I didn't sleep much last night, and couldn't sleep when I tried to take a nap this afternoon.
Again, thank you for the kind words, and reassuring me that you would keep me company while I am recuperating. I think I can even use my lap-top at the hospital (no withdrawal from this)!!! Yippee!!!
Nity nite!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!