Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #81
Mad Swapper

Good Morning Ladies!!!
For the moment, the sun is out in Decatur, after a very rainy day yesterday!
I am having x-rays of my knee and foot/ankle, and MRI of my back on Tuesday. I have an appointment at DMH Pain Clinic on June 15th for my back.

Mindy, I will be getting ahold of you about Ortho doctors in Decatur. I had Dr Raycraft for my broken leg, 10 years ago.

I will PM for Ortho doctors in Bloomington, for my knee, if I need one.
Does anyone in Decatur of Bloomington know of a good foot doctor? I have gone to Dr Graham in Decatur in the past.

I will be leaving for Michigan Saturday on vacation. A friend and I will be making a trip to Tremont to shop for stamps when I get home,...can't wait!!! Gotta have some fun!!!

Everyone enjoy your Holiday weekend!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #82
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hey Linda, we get lots of referrals from Potts and Graham and have good outcomes with almost all of them...I can't think of one bad case we have had so I'm a fan of either one...there aren't a lot of podiatrists in town I don't think! And as for Bloomington, the docs at OSMC (Orthopedic and Sports Medicine) are good! I worked with Dr. Newcomer (I think that's his name...was years ago) and Dr. Lee are good! They have others now in the practice I do believe too...I'll be on the lookout for your message

And I was at work..OUTSIDE in that weather yesterday...and now have to work TOMORROW....on a holiday, boooo!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 05-29-2011, 09:39 AM   #83
Pearl-ExPert

I agree with you, Mindy. OSMC is an excellent facility. They are linked with McLean County Orthopedics. The docs there that I would highly recommend either through personal experience or experiences of friends/family are Dr. Joseph Novotny, Dr. Jerome Oakey, Dr. Mark Hanson, Dr. Joe Norris. There are other docs there, also. I am sure they are good, I just don't like to recommend if I don't have first or second hand experience with them.
Linda, there also are 2 podiatrists there. A Dr. Graham and another one whose name I can't remember. I have no experience with them, but based on the reputation of the practice, I would be willing to make an appointment with them. I also went to Dr. Hadden at Midstate Podiatry when I broke my toe on 2 different occasions and was pleased with his care.
Let me know, if you need more details.
I am so glad that you are going to hit the store in Tremont! I had a ball and am planning my next trip!
Happy Memorial Day, weekend everyone! Sorry you have to work, Mindy. That stinks!!!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #84
Matboard Maniac

I'm going to have to find time for a trip to Tremont. I hadn't even heard about the store before this thread was started. I have a good friend in Peoria so maybe I can combine a visit with her and stamp shopping. Or I could take my mom to the quilt stores in Morton and Washington- that's always fun too.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #85
Embossing Fanatic

Just got home from a camping trip with my husband and my cricut, gyspy, and paper crafting supplies. It was great I sit out under the canopy and made several cards, and some sour cream containers for a craft show my niece and I are doing in Lebannon in June. If any of you get to it look for B & P's Paper Crafts. If you are there make sure to introduce yourself would love to meet any and all of you.

Patti
Old 06-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #86
Matboard Maniac

Well ladies I made the trip to Tremont today. Although I didn't buy anything I was very impressed. She has a large selection of wood mounted stamps and I am moving away from those because of money and storage. One of the owners - Karla - was there and was very friendly and helpful. Karen Lockhart is going to be coming there to teach! I am seriously thinking of going. I better decide soon though. I think she said she has room for 20 and it's about half full.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #87
Mad Swapper

Post Tremont

Hi everyone,
Cindy, I am glad you saved some stamps for me!!! I am going with a friend in a couple of weeks.

My DH and I are visiting our daughter and her family in central Michigan. Today I went to 3 different LSS in the area. I bought some paper, bling, ribbon, and of course stamps!!! We are staying a couple more days, then heading home. There are 3 more LSS on the way home we will stop at. My Hubby is SO nice and patient while I shop.

It is very hot here, and the mosquitos are HUGE, but no cicadas here!!! I hope the storm that went through Decatur Saturday left my house in one piece!!!

I am looking forward to making cards and playing with my new goodies when I get home!!! Maybe shopping is the "push" I needed to get my act together!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #88
Compulsive Stamper

Hey ladies! I live in Jerseyville, which is about 2 hours southwest of Springfield. But I do a lot of stamping in Jacksonville (30 min southwest of spfld) since that is where my SU demo is. I'm planning to sign up as a demo after the first of July when the new catty is out so I'm looking forward to that. Would love to find some people to stamp with! I'm wanting to start a stamping club as a demo too so I'm hoping this site can help me out!

My Blog!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #89
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhasch09 View Post
Hey ladies! I live in Jerseyville, which is about 2 hours southwest of Springfield. But I do a lot of stamping in Jacksonville (30 min southwest of spfld) since that is where my SU demo is. I'm planning to sign up as a demo after the first of July when the new catty is out so I'm looking forward to that. Would love to find some people to stamp with! I'm wanting to start a stamping club as a demo too so I'm hoping this site can help me out!

Hey I know where Jerseyville is. My mil live west of Jacksonville She is in the town of Meredosia. We get down that way every holiday.

It would be neat to hook up sometime!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #90

Quote:
You can't directly promote your business here or advertise events, it's against the terms of service but you can indirectly promote by posting your cards or linking to your blog You'll love being a demo and the new catalog is AMAZING! Save your pennies

Check out my blog

Old 06-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #91
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
You can't directly promote your business here or advertise events, it's against the terms of service but you can indirectly promote by posting your cards or linking to your blog You'll love being a demo and the new catalog is AMAZING! Save your pennies
Oops! Guess I need to be careful as to what I say and how I say it. Didn't really mean for it to come across that way but I can see how it could. Thanks for the head's up! I've really been racking up a lot of "favorites" to CASE, can't wait to get started, I have a card stock order on the way to restock! I went stamp crazy a few weekends ago and now have virtually no card stock, not sure how that happened!

My Blog!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #92

Quote:
Oops! Guess I need to be careful as to what I say and how I say it. Didn't really mean for it to come across that way but I can see how it could. Thanks for the head's up! I've really been racking up a lot of "favorites" to CASE, can't wait to get started, I have a card stock order on the way to restock! I went stamp crazy a few weekends ago and now have virtually no card stock, not sure how that happened!
I didn't mean anything by it, just an FYI. I didn't think you were soliciting customers but a lot of people don't know that's against the TOS. Just trying to give you a heads up It's hard being new, there's a LOT to know! I didn't order ANY full packs of the new in colors on my pre order on the first so I had to put in another (which turned into a hefty order) order! It's a sickness I tell ya. And I've hardly made any cards because I"m afraid of running out of the new colors from the variety pack, it's like CS rationing, lol!

Check out my blog

Old 06-12-2011, 06:02 AM   #93
Mad Swapper

JCI
Good morning everyone!!!
I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #94
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
I didn't mean anything by it, just an FYI. I didn't think you were soliciting customers but a lot of people don't know that's against the TOS. Just trying to give you a heads up It's hard being new, there's a LOT to know! I didn't order ANY full packs of the new in colors on my pre order on the first so I had to put in another (which turned into a hefty order) order! It's a sickness I tell ya. And I've hardly made any cards because I"m afraid of running out of the new colors from the variety pack, it's like CS rationing, lol!
Oh, I understand, I appreciate it. I mostly ordered CS, like I said, my stock was getting pretty low, and a few of the stamp sets that are being discontinued that I just can't live without. But sitting here waiting for my order to come in is so dangerous because I keep looking through my book thinking, well if I just had that one more set before it's gone and then 2 pages later, it's like, well I need that one too. My hubby keeps telling me I should just be patient and get them after I sign up to be a demo and my response is but they'll be gone next month so I need it all now! haha I'm trying to be good but it's VERY difficult!

My Blog!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #95
Compulsive Stamper

So, I finally set up my blog, I have never really been into blogging myself, I just love to look at/read others! Hopefully I'll have more motivation since I'm going to want to share all my new creations! haha My demo just got back from vacation so I'm meeting her tomorrow to get my CS order and I can hardly contain myself to get started!

My Blog!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #96
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

My posting was letting you know. That I know where you are. And when I'm the area. It might be fun to hang out with some other stampers.

I'll be moving down your way in a couple of years. Meredosia IL

Last edited by jeanstamping2; 06-13-2011 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: Spelled town name wrong
Old 06-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #97

Quote:
So, I finally set up my blog, I have never really been into blogging myself, I just love to look at/read others! Hopefully I'll have more motivation since I'm going to want to share all my new creations! haha My demo just got back from vacation so I'm meeting her tomorrow to get my CS order and I can hardly contain myself to get started!
Have fun It's a blast...and the new catalog is just to die for...I'm in SO much trouble!!!!

Check out my blog

Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #98
Compulsive Stamper

Nancy- I know where Meredosia is, so we'll have to be sure to keep in contact for when you are in the area!

Mindy-As if the sneak peaks I've seen from my demo's texts aren't enough, your blog has just made me go crazy! I've literally been sitting at my desk stamping/browsing ALL day. Thank goodness for summer...if only I had a job lined up for when school starts again in the fall!

My Blog!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #99
Pearl-ExPert

Jen: Congratulations on setting up your blog! I can't wait to see the new SU cattie, too! I look forward to seeing some of your beautiful creations! Happy stamping, ladies!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #100
Swapper of the Month March 2013

I'm moving to Fairfield, IL in 2 weeks... anyone live near there? Know of any shopping places nearby that I should not miss?
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 06-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #101
Glitter Queen

Hello Ladies! Im also from Illinois....Nashville Illinois. I read from previous post someone mentioned the scrapbook store from Centralia. Dont know if its been mentioned yet, but the name of it is Treasured Memories. As of right now there are no LSS in Mt. Vernon. I wish gas wasnt so high, I would love to travel around to see different stores also. Look forward to meeting more of you local gals!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #102
Cardstock Collector

Hey Jen, I am from Jerseyville (fieldon), but live Grand Rapids, Michigan. Crazy!! This card making business is sooo addicting!! Love It!! Became a demo for Stampin Up just for the discount!! Don't blog, but read & case cards on here. Love this site!!! Have fun goin' crazy with the card making!! Stephanie Be home for the 4th!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #103
Mad Swapper

Hi Ladies,
Tessie, I just got home from Michigan. There's a lot of nice LSS there!!! I went to one in Grand Rapids on my way home. My Step-daughter and her family live in Mt. Pleasant, MI. We went to a LSS in Midland, Saganaw, and Bay City. Then we swung up be Chicago and went to an Archiver's. My Hubby was WONDERFUL taking me everywhere, and not complaining!!!

K-bug, is Nashville, IL down south? Glad to hear from you!!!

Forest Ranger, where is Fairfield, IL? Good luck on your move! Maybe you'll find some new LSS with your move!!!

I am anxiously awaiting for that new SU catalog, too!!! The new In Colors sound beautiful, and I've seen some of the new paper,...gorgeous!!!

I have decided that I have too much paper!!! It is my weakness!!! But, it gets so hard for me to choose which to use each time I design a card!!! I am gonna have to find a better way to organize it,....hmmmm!!! Any ideas??? Well, at least I am getting back in the card making mood!!! I have a swap that is almost due!!! I have 12 cards to make this week!!! YIKES ! ! !

Well, nice hearing from everyone!!! Have a great week!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-15-2011, 03:18 AM   #104

Linda, Fairfield is not too far from Mt. Vernon.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #105
Mad Swapper

Jeanette, I know Mt Vernon well. My Mother was from there, and is buried there. Maybe my next LSS hop will be down south!!!

Happy moving to you!!! (I HATE moving!)

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #106
Glitter Queen

yes Linda, mt vernon is just 30 min west of nashville. i go there alot..mainly for walmart...lol
Old 06-16-2011, 05:22 AM   #107
Compulsive Stamper

Linda- I have my CS stored in a hanging file box (two actually) each folder is for a different color of CS and they're organized by color collection. As far as 12x12 paper, I'm still not sure about that myself! Right now it's just all stacked in a box...NOT the best option, but all I have for now!

My Blog!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #108
Cardstock Collector

I admit it, I am addicted to paper....when Joann's has the paper on sale for 5/$1. I have to set a dollar limit on myself, as if I was in a casino....I want my casket made of paper, (now that is a little sick, even for me). Is there a 12 step for me? It used to be fabric but paper takes up so much less space. I am looking for a better way to store the 12 x 12, I have little plastic drawers that hold it well but it is hard to see what you have, maybe get more and file by color family, then I can play with it more....I have a cheap streak and seem to go for the 12 x 12's more than the letter size, just more for your money. I't isn't hard to cut to size and I get SCRAPS !! to play with.
Ava in Illinois
Old 06-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #109
Pearl-ExPert

My name is Kim and I'm a "paper-aholic". Sounds like it's a big club! I bought several plastic crates at Lowe's (they're purple with that ziggy-zaggy pattern). They are notched on the side and hold the hanging file folders perfectly. That allows my 12 x 12 paper as well as my 8 x 10 to fit nicely. No more scrunched paper! I won't even begin to tell you how many crates I have! I'm thinking the crates were only a couple bucks a piece.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #110
Mad Swapper

WOW, What a day!!!
A good friend and I went to Tremont, to "Rubber Rainbows". I could have spent a whole day there. They served us iced tea and cookies while we shopped. Very nice store, and nice owners!!! Then stopped in Peoria and Bloomington. After the store in Tremont, nothing else compared!!! Had lunch and stopped at Michael's. Then got home 8+hours later!!!

Great company, great shopping and great day!!!

I've got a bunch of cards to make tomorrow for my first SCS swap. I've got to get them ready to mail on Saturday!!! Nothing like cutting it close!!! It feels great to be stamping again!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-17-2011, 04:20 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretia View Post
My name is Kim and I'm a "paper-aholic". Sounds like it's a big club! I bought several plastic crates at Lowe's (they're purple with that ziggy-zaggy pattern). They are notched on the side and hold the hanging file folders perfectly. That allows my 12 x 12 paper as well as my 8 x 10 to fit nicely. No more scrunched paper! I won't even begin to tell you how many crates I have! I'm thinking the crates were only a couple bucks a piece.
Oh, could you please post a picture of these crates so I know what to look for? Thanks!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #112
Pearl-ExPert

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I don't know how to load pictures onto my own computer other than to save for a file for processing! Pitiful, isn't it! If you go to Lowe's Home Improvement: Appliances, Tools, Hardware, Paint, Flooring and search for "united plastic milk crates", that is the item. On their website they show the large and small sizes. I purchased the medium. Its' dimensions are 16x16x12 (measuring from outside edges). There is a little lip/notch that you can't see in the picture, but that's what holds the hanging folders as that "lip" is down a little from the outside edge of the crate. Good luck in your search!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:58 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretia View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I don't know how to load pictures onto my own computer other than to save for a file for processing! Pitiful, isn't it! If you go to Lowe's Home Improvement: Appliances, Tools, Hardware, Paint, Flooring and search for "united plastic milk crates", that is the item. On their website they show the large and small sizes. I purchased the medium. Its' dimensions are 16x16x12 (measuring from outside edges). There is a little lip/notch that you can't see in the picture, but that's what holds the hanging folders as that "lip" is down a little from the outside edge of the crate. Good luck in your search!
Thank you! I have seen smaller ones of them, but didn't realize they also make some large enough to hold 12 x 12 paper. Great idea!

Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #114
Mad Swapper

Good Morning from Decatur!!! Looks like MORE rain today!!!

Jeanette, are you still in the "Moving Mode"??? I HATE moving!!! I moved a lot while I was growing up, and was shy. It was very hard making new friends, only to move away and start over again!!! When I had my children, I lived in the same house for 21 years. I raised my kids, got divorced, and moved three times in 2 years. I plan on staying here until I am too old to walk up and down the stairs. Then, I will move to a house on one level.

I went back to Tremont yesterday, to "Rubber Rainbows". I took a Card Class using "Glitter Ritz" and "Peel offs". It was a fun class, and the Glitter Ritz makes beautiful cards!!! You can use Prismacolor pencils and color your stamped image, cover with this glitter, and WOW, IT IS BEAUTIFUL ! ! ! Or, you can apply the glitter first, then color with Copics, and it is gorgeous!!! I'm sure I will be making some glittery cards soon!!! You burnish this fine glitter on, and it doesn't come off. I LOVE that shop, and Anne and Carla, that own it are SO nice!!! If you haven't made a trip there, and are looking for stamps, it is worth the drive!!!

Today, I am busy making Birthday cards for "BRAK". This is my first month making them. I wanted to check in with my Illinois group before I got started!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #115
Pearl-ExPert

Linda, I almost took that class, but couldn't. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did sign up for the colored pencil class coming there in July. I love to color!
It's amazing to me how anyone can survive that many moves. My family only moved 4 times in 20 years and my husband (of 32 years) and I (along with our daughters when they were still home) have only moved 2x. We lived in our first home for 17 years and this one for 15. We're like you....not moving until we can't climb the stairs anymore! Mercy, just thinking about decluttering to move is enough to make me want to run for cover - lol!
Have fun using your new techniques to make cards!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #116
Mad Swapper

Loretia,
I thought about signing up the class you are taking!!! I love all the detail that is gotten with the colored pencils!!! Especially in the more advanced class. I just don't know if I could see well enough to get all that little detail!!! I will be waiting to hear from you after your class.

I also HATE that drive by myself!!! It's about 50 minutes, or so. I was really sleepy when I got home last night. All this Glitter stuff will be fun to play with!!! I absolutely LOVE that shop and the girls that run it!!! I'm sure it will be a monthly place for me to shop!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #117

I'm so tired of the rain! Isn't it supposed to be summer, not spring? And we missed all of it last week when we were in Vegas...thank goodness since it's depressing me! UGH! My mom says she is responsible for the rain....they started digging the basement for their new house a few weeks ago They have poured most of it but it's a muddy mess! And it's putting them way behind for when the house does come in, she's so nervous! They are near Effingham and they have had even MORE rain than us!!!! We just went to see them yesterday and today and of course it rained on our way down so we had to wade through all the mud, yuck! So, I guess we can blame my mom

Check out my blog

Old 06-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #118
Mad Swapper

Mindy,
More rain is on the way!!!

How was Vegas???

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 06-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #119

Ugh, I know! I'm so sick of it! And I feel so bad for my mom...she's a worrier anyway so this is really stressing her out!

Vegas was great! Nice and sunny! Was 108 or so the day we left And then we come back to this, blah!!!

Check out my blog

Old 06-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #120
Glitter Queen

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
Good Morning from Decatur!!! Looks like MORE rain today!!!

Jeanette, are you still in the "Moving Mode"??? I HATE moving!!! I moved a lot while I was growing up, and was shy. It was very hard making new friends, only to move away and start over again!!! When I had my children, I lived in the same house for 21 years. I raised my kids, got divorced, and moved three times in 2 years. I plan on staying here until I am too old to walk up and down the stairs. Then, I will move to a house on one level.

I went back to Tremont yesterday, to "Rubber Rainbows". I took a Card Class using "Glitter Ritz" and "Peel offs". It was a fun class, and the Glitter Ritz makes beautiful cards!!! You can use Prismacolor pencils and color your stamped image, cover with this glitter, and WOW, IT IS BEAUTIFUL ! ! ! Or, you can apply the glitter first, then color with Copics, and it is gorgeous!!! I'm sure I will be making some glittery cards soon!!! You burnish this fine glitter on, and it doesn't come off. I LOVE that shop, and Anne and Carla, that own it are SO nice!!! If you haven't made a trip there, and are looking for stamps, it is worth the drive!!!

Today, I am busy making Birthday cards for "BRAK". This is my first month making them. I wanted to check in with my Illinois group before I got started!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!
I was at that class too. I think we were talking about this forum. It was a fun class. Don't you love that shop. Aren't you jealous that I only live 13 minutes from it. It was nice to meet you.