Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #881
Matboard Maniac

Linda, Flat Top Grille is one of my fav's whenever I come to Bloomington for training. And yes, the portions are generous (would hate to not fill that bowl!!). My daughter and SIL are coming in tomorrow night, so I'd better hurry up and finish their V-day card!! Since I've worked that last two weekends, I need to clean house!! Plus, I need to hide my stamp goodies--I don't want her to see all that I've purchased!! lol

Have a great weekend ladies! TinaMarie, it sounds like you are more confident with this Dr. Hope he gets you on the mend!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #882
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, everyone!

TinaMarie, wow! I hate that the first Dr. didn't seem to know "you know what" from shinola! I am very glad that you like and are comfortable with your current Dr. That's half the battle right there. It sounds like he is on top of things and as Jeanette said, "will help you get the answers you need" and make the appropriate choices for whatever treatment/cure is needed.

Your story reminds me of a line from the movie "Steel Magnolias"...."that which does not kill us makes us stronger". I'm sure that each one of you in your own way feels as I do that we are "forged in steel" by now! There's your words of wisdom and chuckle for today - lol!

Happy Friday, everyone!!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #883
Pearl-ExPert

Pat, I just caught your post! Too funny! A girl does need her secrets - lol!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #884
Matboard Maniac

Good eveining everyone! Thank you all for your thoughs and prayers. I feel so much more confident knowing that my new dr is on top of things. I received a call from his office today. I will run to the lab first thing in the morning for more blood work. He is running a tumor marker test? Then I will see him in 2 weeks for an ultrasound. We will have a much better idea what is going on by then.
It has been a very long week at work. I found out today that my office is being sold to another insurance agency. That is not all bad news, although will be a huge transition to go through. Since I am the only one in my office I will go to work for the new agency. I really think it will be a positive change.
Teaching a workshop at my Mom's tomorrow for her and 10of her friends. Should be alot of fun! We are doing a journal, pen, bookmark and desk calendar set.
Well, everyone have a wonderful weekend! Talk to you soon.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:02 AM   #885
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, everyone!

Happy President's Day!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #886
Matboard Maniac

Yep that's right, Loretia!! My daughter makes cards too, so sometimes she starts looking through my "stash." And sometimes I've bought things for her--so I try to keep her out of my loot!

After they left, I worked part of the afternoon working on a powerpoint presentation for my company. It wasn't too hard as it's just a pictorial--no graphs, no words--just pictures! And of course, I DID get my stampin "on" and made about 35 card fronts for swapping when I go to regionals in Milwaukee.

Have a great day everyone--and remember to treat yourself to something--even if it's just some quiet "recharging" time!

Old 02-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #887
Pearl-ExPert

Hello, everyone!

Well, if I didn't think I'd knock myself out or break something, I'd turn a cartwheel - lol! I went to the eye Dr. today and the headaches I've been batttling have clearly been caused by my needing a new prescription in my glasses. Yes, the bifocals will be stronger and the astygmatism correction will be, also. I can't wait to get them!!!!! Both of my dd's took great delight in giving me "the business" about my age (53), but hey it sure as heck beats the alternative.

Besides that the older I get the younger the number seems. Isn't it funny how that happens?!

I hope everyone had a good day and an even better tomorrow!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #888
Matboard Maniac

That's great news for you, Loretia! Yes, I know what you mean about "the alternative." I went to our company's pre-retirement meeting yesterday. Although I'm about 10 yrs out, I thought I should hear about all of that. Talk of wills, estates, etc. was pretty somber (and sobering!)

But on to card making! MY DH the other night asked if I ever tired of it. And I said, no--because I LOVE to do it!! No card making tonight. I'm headed to hang out with my Longaberger basket buddies tonight. Always good to get together with friends!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #889
Matboard Maniac

Lorieta - good luck with the new glasses,hope it stops the headahes!
Pat - hope you have fun with your Longaberger buddies!

I have gotten a start on Easter cards! Well, I have one done anyway! Have to work on a birthday project for a friend then will get back to Easter!

I got the blood work back from the Cancer screening - Good News~ Everything came back normal!!! What a relief! I will know next Wednesday what the next step is.

Going thru alot of changes at work. The next several weeks will be interesting and stressfull to say the least! But, I think this will be a good change for me and my clients.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #890
Pearl-ExPert

Hallelujah, TinaMarie!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that your blood work came back normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted and continuing hugs and prayers to you.
Change is often good, but yep stressful for sure. I do hope it works out well for you and your clients.

Pat, that sounds like fun to get together with your Longaberger buddies. I love Longaberger baskets, but haven't bought any for years. I think I ran out of space for them - lol!
I'm with you in that I do not get tired of making cards. Good therapy and fun, too!

Linda, have you gotten any of your test results back yet? I've been thinking of you and have you in my prayers, too.

I actually got 10 cards done today for OWH. Yeah! I've almost got a box ready to send.
Tomorrow is a work day, though so.....maybe by the end of the weekend - we'll see.

I hope everyone gets a good night's sleep and has pleasant dreams!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 AM   #891
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies!!! Jeanette - are you out of town again? Haven't heard from you in a few days??

Linda- I hope you are feeling well. Still thinking of you.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. It's raining here - and of course I have to go measure a house! Always my luck!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #892
Matboard Maniac

Yay for you, TinaMarie!! At least you don't have the "C" word--and that's good news. I hope I can maybe go home at a decent time tonight. MY DH has been very patient about me not being there. Putting in these long hours is really wearing on me. My "gift" to myself next week is a massage with a good basket and stampin buddy of mine. It will be H-E-A-V-E-N.

She asked today if I had much more to go in my busy season; and i said "yes" about another month. But the big push will (hopefully) be over in a couple weeks.

On to cardmaking talk...I haven't gotten the last of my cards for the SU Regional in Milwaukee finished yet. Maybe I can do that tonight. And I guess they also do 3D swaps (little boxes, party favors, etc.), so I think I may try my hand at that too. At our SU Christmas party, one of the gals made a really cute favor with a 6" square of DSP. I really liked it, plus I thought I could use up some of my paper.

Did you girls hear--Stampin Up is changing when they release their next big catty? It will begin June 1st. So I'm going to try (and I mean TRY) to throttle back from ordering a bunch of stuff after I get back from Regionals. I have a couple OWH events coming up in March, so I want to use some of the SaleAbration paper--soon as it's over, that paper is "retired" for us demos to sell.

Have a great evening everyone!

Old 02-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #893
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Illinois Stamping Friends!

TGIF!!!

Remember me? I’m the one who has been missing for an entire week! EEK!!! Life got in the way and I could barely keep my head above water. I’m so sorry to have disappeared, though... I missed you terribly!

I don’t have time to read and catch up in the threads, so I’m just jumping in right here. If I’ve missed anything important, please let me know.

Hugs!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 02-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #894
Pearl-ExPert

Hey, Jeanette! Good to "see you"! I hope life slows down for you soon and you're back to swimming instead of dog-paddling - lol!

Pat, thanks for the info on the new SU catalog. Now, I think I have an excuse to wait until June to order anything! We'll see how that works for me. I hope you're OWH events are a huge success! Lots of work, girl, getting all those things ready for Regional and your March events.

TinaMarie, I hope you're not measuring a house again today - or at least not in Bloomington. It's snowy, cold and windy here! Brrrrrrrr!

This morning is errand morning for me. I detest running all over everywhere, but I have my "route" planned so I can be efficient - ha! I'm banging away on cards again, too and it's nice to have some mojo back.

DD #1 and her DH are up in Chicago for a mid-week vacation. I guess it's been snowing like crazy up there, but she said last night that it was beautiful. They took the train up so I don't have to worry about them driving. Mid-week vacation - sounds heavenly doesn't it?!

Happy Friday, stamping friends!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #895

Thanks Loretia... I think it's going to get better now. I had a meeting last weekend - was gone 2 days. Within a few hours of returning home, there were 2 deaths in our church family and another member fell and broke her hip. DH and I have spent the week ministering to hurting people/families. I've cooked more food this week than I normally cook in a month. LOL!

What's happening with Stampin' UP?

Old 02-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #896
Matboard Maniac

Welcome back Jeanette!! We missed you! I am sorry to hear about all the sadness and illness in your church family. I know my church family is just as improtant to me as my "real" family.

Loretia - a mid-week vacaiton sounds lovely! Add in Chicago and that would be even better... No houses to measure today - no snow here either. It's Friday, so my work day will consist of just tying up loose ends from the week. Nothing too hard today.

I finished 2 more cards last night and started a mini album for a girlfriends birthday. I think my husband feels like a scrapbook widower! He says he only sees me at dinner then I take off to my little corner of the world to play. I keep telling him that he can come play too but he just keeps clear! I wonder if it has anything to do with threatening my household to stay out of my stuff?? Maybe I scared him off. My DD will be home for the weekend from college so I probably won't get much stamp time in, oh well, I love being able to spend time with her too!
Have a great day ladies and stay warm!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:18 AM   #897

Thanks TinaMarie! I hope you have a great time with your DD this weekend!

Old 02-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #898
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Thanks Loretia... I think it's going to get better now. I had a meeting last weekend - was gone 2 days. Within a few hours of returning home, there were 2 deaths in our church family and another member fell and broke her hip. DH and I have spent the week ministering to hurting people/families. I've cooked more food this week than I normally cook in a month. LOL!

What's happening with Stampin' UP?
Jeannette, Stampin Up is changing when they release their next big catty. It will begin June 1st. So I'm going to try (and I mean TRY) to throttle back from ordering a bunch of stuff after I get back from Regionals. I have a couple OWH events coming up in March, so I want to use some of the SaleAbration paper--soon as it's over, that paper is "retired" for us demos to sell.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #899

Thanks Pat. SU used to do it in July, right?

Old 02-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #900
Mad Swapper

Smile

TinaMarie, I am so happy for you!!!
I have lost faith in so many doctors over the years! You have to be your own health advocate and push, push, push sometimes!!! After I had my car accident in 2005, I went to several Neurosurgeons, and none of them thought the risk of surgery was worth the chance of success of the outcome. I was in so much pain, and the Nurse Practitioner at my Doctor's office told me that I needed to be my own health advocate. She gave me the name of two doctors, one in Springfield and one in Bloomington. I started with the one in Springfield. When I went, the Dr looked at my MRI, and said, "Why haven't you had surgery?",...I had surgery two days later, and have had very little pain ever since!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #901
Mad Swapper

Smile

I had my Eye Dr apt yesterday, and my eyes still feel yukky!!! I knew they were getting worse. I have been fighting glasses most my life!!! I have worn readers for quite a long time. I have a congenital issue that has been a problem all my life. I have a problem focusing, and glasses won't correct it. So, the lady that checks me before they dilate my eyes, looks at me, and asks me,"do you drive?" I said "yes". She asked again!!! Well, I have the start of cataracts, AND I NEED glasses!!! I absolutely HATE the way I look in glasses!!!
I guess I better get used to it, I guess...................

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 02-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #902
Mad Swapper

Smile

So, it has been nice and unseasonably warm for quite awhile until today!!!
However, we don't have any snow. So, how much snow do the rest of you have???

I hope everyone is doing well. There is a lot of flu going around in Decatur!!! My Daughter's family has had it twice now. Luckily, they are all better now! Stay warm and healthy!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #903
Matboard Maniac

Linda - sorry to hear about the glasses! I know I hate mine too..I used to wear contacts but since all of my health issues started my eyes are just too dry and I have had to wear glasses for the last year. I thought I would try contacts again as I know I need a new perscription already.

No snow in Lewistown either. It is quite windy though. As far as I am concerned the snow can stay away!

I am so excited! I placed my first order on Wild Orchid Crafts today! I bought over 400 flowers! I think I may have went a little over board, but I did cut my order to a third of what I had originally put in my cart! I can't wait for them to arrive so I can try my hand at some of the beautiful cards I see on here using their flowers. I have been on here for several months now and have yet to upload any of my work. I think I will try to make that a priority this weekend. I don't have a lot of finished cards at home ( I tend to give them away as fast as I make them) but my goal is going to be to upload what I do have.
Have a great evening Ladies!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:56 AM   #904
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, wow have you and your husband been busy! Bless you both for doing all that. I believe that fixing food for someone feeds their body, mind and soul. I guess, in other words, giving love. I also feel like when I give I'm the one that really benefits! Our church has a formal "casserole ministry". Does anyone else's church have that? I tend to "hit the kitchen" and mass produce baked goods sometimes. Family, friends & neighbors sure seem to enjoy my baking marathons - lol! Good thing, because heaven knows I don't want to eat all that stuff - well, maybe I want to, but I want my clothes to fit even more - lol!

Linda, why is it that we are our own worst critics? I have a suspiscion that you really look very pretty in your glasses. It sounds like most of our eyes have detereiorated some has we hit "middle age". I try to look at mine as a blessing to help me see. That works sometimes! Good advice on being your own best health advocate. I'm glad you pushed hard enough to get yourself relief with surgery. Go girl!

TinaMarie, I'm excited for you that your DD is coming home this weekend. What fun! I had to chuckle at your comments regarding your DH! Mine made a Halloween card 1x in all the years that I've been making cards. He really did a good job! Hasn't happened since, though. Clearly, he wasn't impressed with his efforts - lol! Let us know what your think of your new flowers when they come. I have not worked with those yet!

I think we finally solved the "craft widower" problem at our house. We have a large kitchen table that lets DH work on paperwork (which is a never-ending job since we own our own business) at one end and I work on cards at the other. Yep, that requires me hauling stuff up from my craft area or "craft store" as the DD's like to call it; but at least we both can chat while he works and I play - lol! Unless of course, I'm writing "books" to you all! I won't miss out on that, though.

I have to say that's one great thing for me about middle age and being married 32 years...we can each do our own things, do things together, etc. and it's such a familiar pattern. I am blessed! Thank God for husbands who are also best friends.

I hope each of you has a good weekend. Do something nice for yourself today. You deserve it.

Which reminds me, Pat, how was the massage?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #905
Matboard Maniac

Actually, Loretia, I haven't had it yet...but I am on Wednesday!! I worked all day today But before I left this morning, I told DH that it was date night. He thought that meant heading to Champaign, but I told him there was a school band dinner concert tonight. So we went in and enjoyed some great music. AND...I won the 50/50 raffle!! The total was $64--so I donated 1/2 of it back to the band. With all the years that we bought in to 50/50's when the the kids were in school, we only one once!! So BONUS!!

Yes, Jeanette, the release used to be July. Since SU will have the new catty coming out in June, they are not going to have a summer mini-flyer. I worked tonight on my 3D swaps for the Milwaukee Regional. I got the idea from one that I received at my upline's "build a Christmas party" get together. It takes a 6 x 6 piece of DSP, score it two inches and four inches, on each side. Then you fold it around so that it makes into like a little lunch sack. Then you use one of the SU Two Tags die cuts on the outside, along with some punched embellies. This was one of the WOW's I received that night. I guess I was intrigued by the folding. The first one took awhile, but once I figured it out, it went easy-peasy..Now just to get the outside done.

Loretia, I know what you mean about the DH wanting to hang out with you. Even though I have a space in the other room, I have a little table set up in the living room to make cards. That way, when DH watches TV (or naps while watching, lol!!) I'm there with him.

And I know what you mean, Linda, about the eyes! When I started working off the farm (back in 1993), it was just a matter of a few months before I was headed to the eye Dr. He told me I probably would have lasted a few more years on the farm, but with straining my eyes at the computer every day, it sped that time up. At that time, I was using bifocals but actually my near-sightedness has improved! So I now use readers at the computer and really only grab the other pair when I drive at night. It used to be I could "get by" without readers unless I was at the computer, but I now use them all the time!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #906

SCS gave me fits yesterday, so I didn't make it to my threads. I'm glad to be here this morning, though!

Linda, I'm sorry you're having problems with your eyes and needing to wear glasses. Hopefully you'll find a pair you do like and adjust to them quickly!

Loretia, I'd love to know more about this "casserole ministry" your church has. How does that work? Our current church is mostly elderly (people in their 70's or so) with a few younger ones in the mix. I can forsee us needing to bless them with lots of casseroles in the future. (I'm not sure I've ever mentioned it here, but my DH is the pastor... we do love loving on these people!!!)

Pat, thank you for the info on SU. Sounds like some changes to adjust to but nothing too stressful.

TinaMarie, I've never seen/ordered from Wild Orchid Crafts. You'll have to tell us how much you like the flowers when they arrive.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #907
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies! I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday filled with family and fun!
DD and I had a pretty good day yesterday. I picked up my 2 year old nephew and we met Lacie at my mothers for a visit before going out to lunch. I didn't think a 2 yr old would eat Mexican but he loved it! We had alot of fun laughing at all of his antics. (although I know why God game me my children when I was young!) He is such a good little guy, but boy was I tired when I took him home.

I finally posted a few cards in my galary! My photography skills need a little work though. My next goal is to start a blog. Maybe I will get that done today too?

I am excited for my Wild Orchard Crafts order to come in! I really hope I like their flowers since I ordered 400 of them!!!! I can always use them for classes if nothing else!

Jeanette, our church population is exactly the same. It seems like we are always taking food to one person or another. I just love all of the "little old ladies" as my DH calls them. It is really sad to not see very many young people at church anymore. Adding young families is something we have struggled with for quite sometime now.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #908
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, everyone!

TinaMarie, I tried pulling up your gallery under your username, but came up empty. I'd love to see your work, any ideas? Amen, to the God giving us children when we're young. Lord help DH and I when the twins arrive - lol!

Jeanette, I've been involved in casserole ministries that worked several different ways. I think the one that worked the best....2 women in our church are co-chairs. Anyone who is interested signs up to be a part of the ministry. The commitment can be for 1 meal a month if needed or obviously, you can sign up to provide as many as you want. When there is a need in the church family (either because a member has made the minister aware or ideally, the folks needing assistance call the church office to get one of the co-chairs. They take turns contacting the folks needing meals to determine what their needs are, how often, how many people, dietary restrictions, likes/dislikes, etc.

Next step is to turn to the volunteers. This is done on a rotation basis starting at the first person on the list the first time, then each time it goes around you begin at the name of the person who didn't provide a meal the last time there was a need. The info. on which night of the week and all other pertinent info. is passed on to that person. The chair then calls the next person on the list for the next night, etc.

As I tend to be wordy.....Sue, Sally, Julie and Jen volunteered. Lois, the chairperson gets a call from Mr. and Mrs. Smith saying he's fallen or whatever and she needs some meals brought in. Lois and Mrs. Smith decide that meals on Mon, Wed, Fri at 5:30 will work well. We've found that usually every other night works great because there are typically leftovers from the night before. So, Lois calls Sue, Sally and Julie there goes 1 week on the 3 needed nights. Each volunteer tells Lois what they will be preparing so there won't be spaghetti or whatever 3x that week. 2 weeks later the pastor hears that Mrs. Jones is having surgery and asks Lois to contact Mr. Jones to see if he would like meals brought in. Lois calls, details are worked out with Mr. Jones (with Mrs. Jones' input of course - lol). Los then calls Jen first this time and so on.

Does any of that make sense? I understand it could be difficult in a smaller church with an older membership. In the small town my grandparents lived in, 3 churches actually got together to form 1 casserole ministry done the same way as above.

Sometimes folks just want meals "dropped" at the door and other times folks would like to visit while you fix their plates. It just depends on the people and what the volunteers are willing to do. Disposable containers are recommended just to try to head off returning dishes, but that's just preference and pickup arrangements can of course be made. I suppose the next person dropping off a meal could pick up the dishes from the prevoius volunteer - just thinking out loud.

Anyway, as I said, I hope that answers your ?'s. Let me know if it didn't!

Pat, the band concerts sounds like fun and congrats on your win!!!! Good for you!

Linda, I'm sorry to hear that your daughter's family has been fighting the flu. That stinks. I'm not so sure but what my DH hasn't just gone to bed with a touch of it. I hope not!

Today, I'm working on baby boy's blanket and roasting a chicken at the same time. I want to make some chicken salad. We love that, but I refuse to pay what they want per pound at the grocery store! If DH is sick, I guess the kids will all be getting some, too! Hopefully, he'll feel better after a good nap.

I hope everyone has a good, relaxing Sunday!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #909
Matboard Maniac

Loretia - I am not sure why they are not showing up. I added a link to my signature so that should help!

http://tinamarie9971.blogspot.com My Blog

Last edited by TinaMarie2; 02-26-2012 at 08:38 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #910
Matboard Maniac

Same here, Tina...when I click on the link, the gallery does not have anything in it. You're ahead of me...I need to get the hang of the card uploads...

Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #911
Matboard Maniac

I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I click on the link I can see the pictures. Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Old 02-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #912
Matboard Maniac

OK, I thnk there must be something wrong. When I try to edit the photos they are sayng image pending approval. It has been saying that since this morning so either I did something wrong or there is a problem with uploads. I will check it again tomorrow and see what happens. Have a great night!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #913
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, ladies!

I wanted to share a "well, I'll be darned" moment with you....

It just occurred to me that I actually started stamping when I was in early grade school! In Brownie's (remember those days) we made our own wrapping paper as a craft by "carving" out a shape in a raw potato, dipping it in finger paint and "stamping" it on a cut up paper grocery bag!

Fun thought for me! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #914
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Ladies!! Loretia - I never thought about it like that, but you are right! That means I have been stamping for over 30 years! (OK, so now that makes me sound old!)

I think you can finally view my gallery. It must take a while for the images to be approved? I managed to get a couple of more Easter cards done yesterday. Now, I have to finish my friends birthday present before Saturday!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #915

Good Morning, Illinois Stamping Friends!

Tina Marie, unless you're a fan club member, SCS won't approve pictures uploaded to the gallery on Sunday; they wait until Monday to approve them. I'm thinking that's why we couldn't see them yesterday.

Loretia, thank you for the information about the casserole ministry. It makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, in our little church, I think I might be a casserole ministry of one.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #916
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMarie2 View Post
OK, I thnk there must be something wrong. When I try to edit the photos they are sayng image pending approval. It has been saying that since this morning so either I did something wrong or there is a problem with uploads. I will check it again tomorrow and see what happens. Have a great night!
Yep....there they are!!

Old 02-28-2012, 04:10 AM   #917
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, Jeanette! God bless you for being your own casserole ministry! We are fortunate to have several pastors and their wives as friends. I can honestly say that I believe you and DH have one of the most rewarding, yet thankless jobs in the world!

TinaMarie, your gallery posts are working! Your cards are wonderful!!!!!!!! You really do nice work. I think a couple of my favorites are the dogwood card and the Easter bunny with the stickled eggs. Way to go, girl!

Pat, I thought of you yesterday as I was searching for a recipe for some kind of coffee cake, rolls, etc. for this morning's stamping time. I came across one I got at a Longaberger party years ago. I made it and it's as wonderful as I rememberd. It's a cinnamon roll type made with crescent rolls. Yum!

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #918

Thank you, Loretia! I do love what we do!

If you don't mind sharing, I would love your recipe please! Sounds like it would be delicious! THANK YOU!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #919
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies! Loretia - thank you for your kind words. It's always nice to hear someone likes your work. I too would love the recipe if you would be willig to share!

Jeanette - I am so glad you love what you do! It sound like your church is very lucky to have you and your husband! I know from personal experience that a good pastor's wife is just as important at the pastor himself. My little church is currently struggeling with the decision of what to do concerning our current pastor. It's a long story as well as a troubling one- we just keep praying that God will lead us in the right direction.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #920

Thanks, Tina. Your kind words mean a lot to me! While the church hired my DH, we feel like a team.

I will pray with you as you and your church seek the right answers.