Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #561
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone, It sounds like everyone is keeping busy, busy, busy.
TinaMarie - what an awesome opportunity for your daughter and I sure don't blame you for being happy about the possibility of staying with the family. That will really immerse her in the culture too. Gosh my son is just in Ohio and sometimes I can't hardly stand that but at least it's the same country!
I've been to the Spoon River Drive but it was years ago. The traffic was crazy in some of those towns and it kind of scared me off. Plus since it's the two weekends right after our Apple n Pork festival I'm usually broke.
I've been to the new scrapbook store in Bloomington. They have some nice stuff and it looks like they have plenty of room to keep adding inventory. I'm wondering if Oct 15 is the grand opening and by then they'll be all stocked up.
Well time to get dinner. I'm being lazy tonight and ordered out. That will give me time to craft tonight. I'm working on an AUTUMN wall hanging for a friend's birthday. I'm going to put it in an 8 x 10 frame. Hope it looks even close to what I'm picturing in my head!
Have a great evening everyone!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #562
Compulsive Stamper

So excited for the new store in Bloomington! I'm headed there on the 22nd for a college friend's baby shower so I'll have to schedule in some extra time to shop!

My Blog!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #563
Matboard Maniac

Well, World Card Making Day is here. I'm gathering up my supplies for my event at the library. Even if I'm "bringing the kitchen sink," I'm sure I'll forget something!! lol

The local papers promoted it, but I've only got one commitment from Facebook friends. Hope there will be some people who come out for it. If not I'll make up some cards for Operation Write Home!!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Old 10-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #564
Pearl-ExPert

Hello, everyone!

Pat, how did your event go? I hope you had a good turn-out. Those types of things are alot of work!

Cindy, the grand opening for the new store here in town is Oct. 15th. I hit that shop today. Lots of designer paper that's all coordinated with bling, rub-ons, etc. They have a good selection of colored papers. They also quite a bit of the Tim Holtz line. I was impressed with their selection of Cuttlebug, Sizzix, and Spellbinders. I was disappointed that they didn't have more stamps (rubber or clear) than they did. Still, it's nice to have the shop here.

I finished all my Halloween cards. I'm pretty pleased with them. Now, on to Thanksgiving. Still loving those colored pencils - lol!

Happy stamping!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #565
Matboard Maniac

Loretia - I am having SOOOOOOOOOO much fun with my colored pencils! I almost have my Haloween cards done and I think I know what I want to do with my Thanksgiving cards. I need to make a few Christmas cards to decide the final "one" to make in mass quanitities to mail.

Had a good day on the Scenic Drive yesterday. Of course I ended up spending WAY too much money! I got a few fall and winter decorations for the house, a couple of Christmas presents and I even bought myself a new necklace - but then I lost it! I was SO upset! I have looked everywhere and it much have fell out of my purse at some point during the day. Thank goodness it wasnt expensive! It was only $6.00, but it still upset me!

I am hoping that in the next couple of weeks I can get to Bloomington and check out the new store! My brother is coming in from Arizona this coming weekend so I know I won't acomplish anything then except visiting with him.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and is enjoying this short "Indian Summer" we seem to be having! The weather is just beautiful!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #566
Matboard Maniac

Turnout was poor, Loretia, but it's a start. A great little gal came that has two brothers in the military. She is originally from Iowa and said "if this was back home my Mom and sister would be SO here!" It's a start! So we started off making military cards she could send her brothers. I found out one of the employees at the library has FIVE nieces/nephews in the military, so I made her five cards to send to them. We finished up about 20 cards to donate. And once I get through this weekend (all of my kids headed home for the granddaughter's Baptism), then I'll start in again. I'm not discouraged!! I'm already planning another one for November.

In the meantime, I'm tidying up my craft room and craft table before everyone arrives!! lol

Old 10-05-2011, 04:15 AM   #567
Pearl-ExPert

Pat, it sounds like you were small but mighty! Hopefully, November will have a bigger turn-out for you.

Linda, I haven't noticed a post for awhile and I'm wondering how you're doing?

Mindy, new job search yet? I know it's hard to send out resumes, etc. Been there, done that! It seems like the "known" yuck is easier to deal with than the new unknown sometimes.

I hope everybody is getting a chance to get out in this gorgeous weather! Great weather to walk new granbabies in - lol!

Happy stamping.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:45 AM   #568
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Loretia... and all the other Illinois Stampers, too. I am certainly enjoying the gorgeous weather we've been having, even without grandbabies to walk.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 AM   #569
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Haven't done any job searching yet, I've been so busy with work that it's hard to get motivated when I'm actually home and want to relax. I'm also kind of waiting for football to be over, I'd hate to leave in the middle of the season. My kids don't have a lot of constants in their lives so I want to at least finish football season. You're right, the unknown is hard!!!!! I have to go in this morning and work with the girl who is not nice though so my mind will probably change about 9:30, lol! She walked in Mon and I said HI and got NOTHING! I think I just annoy her by breathing some days......

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 10-05-2011, 05:50 AM   #570

Don't stop breathing!

Old 10-05-2011, 05:57 AM   #571

I don't plan on it...I may breathe extra just to annoy her, lol!!!!

Check out my blog

Old 10-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #572

Good idea!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #573
Matboard Maniac

Well, I picked up my son and d-i-l in St. Louis. Jonathon had FORGOTTEN to put Katy's suitcase in the car. They had just moved in yesterday to their apartment in SanDiego. Katy is pregnant...so between the stress of not having your clothes plus bringing their two little doggies, they were beat!! Grandbaby Reagan is en route, so I hope I can at least give her a goodnight kiss. And my daughter and her husband are headed to our friends house for the night. With all of the kids here, I wish I had lined up a family picture... Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 10-11-2011, 03:57 AM   #574
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, all!

Pat, it sounds like a busy but fun weekend! I hope you all had a good time.

Nothing that exciting going on around here, but that's okay by me. Just enjoying this gorgeous weather!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Happy stamping!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #575
Matboard Maniac

Good afternoon, Illinois Stampers!! I rolled out 15 (YEAH, FIFTEEN!!) cards for Operation Write Home last night. Also finished my daughter's birthday card and my d-i-l's baby shower card.

I hope to get some more samples made before my basket party this weekend, so I can "show" the guests some of the fun cardcrafting I've been doing. I need to line up the library for next month's Operation Write Home event.

This month is going by fast!!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #576
Matboard Maniac

Hello everyone! Had a great dinner with my DD and her advisor at Monmouth College tonight. I think we have all of the details worked out for her trip to Argentina this summer...Now to find the best deal on airline tickets!
Old 10-15-2011, 04:03 AM   #577
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, all!
Tina Marie, I'm glad you're getting the arrangements worked out for your DD's trip. Wow! How awesome of you to allow her that wonderful opportunity. Good luck on the airline tickets!
I think that today I will begin making personalized notecards for Christmas gifts. At least, that's my plan - lol!
Pat, you're right this month is going by so quickly! I still need to get the yard cleaned up for fall. I think I blew my chance at doing it in warm weather. Oh well!
I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #578
Matboard Maniac

Hello ladies! It has been a pretty full weekend.. Had to work for just an hour yesterday, then took my Mother in law shopping. Had a nice lunch and picked up a few things that I couldn't live without. I did get several cards made last night. Church this morning then picked up my nephew and took him to lunch and Walmart. He is only 17 months but I have so much fun with him! I am pretty exhausted now and am going to try to get started on some Christmas card ideas. Have a great night!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #579
Matboard Maniac

Weekend started out with a baby shower for my d-i-l on Saturday. She received lots of cute outfits for the baby (a girl!). Since she is married to my Marine son, I told her if they need me to ship some of the items back, I could do it for them.
Then on Sunday my Dr.'s wife had a Longaberger fundraiser party. Our town will be hosting the Walldogs--it's a group of artists that come into downtowns and mural paint pictures about the town's history on the side of the buildings. Should be interesting!! We're also hosting a Basket Binga in November for this too.
I'm still messing around with allergies/cold. It would be nice to get rid of this before I travel. I've got training up by the Quad Cities for two days this week.
Have a great week, ladies!

Old 10-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #580

Pat, I've had a heck of a time with my allergies/sinus lately too! It's no fun! Part of the reason I've been not been posting much, feel crummy all the time! Hope you feel better! And if you're in the Quad Cities you should find a Hungry Hobo, they have THE best sandwiches!!!! We are going up Halloween weekend for a party and I plan on eating there Sat and Sun, hahaha! Good waffle fries with cheese too

Check out my blog

Old 10-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #581
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: well traveled thanks to the U.S. Navy, now retired to The Villages, FL

wow, I lost track of this thread and missed 12 pages! But I am checking back in to say Hi! from O'Fallon.....Minders, your PIA co-worker probably doesn't like you because you are so stinkin' adorable and she is jealous! Knew you weren't always thrilled with work but didn't realize you were considering job hunting...good luck with the job search, football season will be over before you know it!

I noticed all the chatter about LSS locations and while there are two in Fairview Heights, there is another one near me as well...it's in Highland, IL and it's called Speedy Scrappers, right off the "main drag" across from the Super Value grocery store in a quaint little brick building. I know the owner, she is a sweetheart. They don't carry much in the way of stamps but lots of cool embellishments, etc. and Bridget (the owner, my buddy) will get anything you want if you just ask. There's a meetup.com Simply Stampin' quick card class there once a month....always fun!

Anyway, as a transplanted Buckeye now living in IL, I have been enjoying the beautiful weather here for the past few days and didn't even mind that it rained today. Probably my fault, some birds had been having "target practice" on my car so I rain it thru the car wash. Soon the cooler fall weather will be upon us...just hope it's not too chilly for the baseball game on Wednesday when the STL host game 1 of the World Series! Go, Cards!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkerzaway View Post
wow, I lost track of this thread and missed 12 pages! But I am checking back in to say Hi! from O'Fallon.....Minders, your PIA co-worker probably doesn't like you because you are so stinkin' adorable and she is jealous! Knew you weren't always thrilled with work but didn't realize you were considering job hunting...good luck with the job search, football season will be over before you know it!

I noticed all the chatter about LSS locations and while there are two in Fairview Heights, there is another one near me as well...it's in Highland, IL and it's called Speedy Scrappers, right off the "main drag" across from the Super Value grocery store in a quaint little brick building. I know the owner, she is a sweetheart. They don't carry much in the way of stamps but lots of cool embellishments, etc. and Bridget (the owner, my buddy) will get anything you want if you just ask. There's a meetup.com Simply Stampin' quick card class there once a month....always fun!

Anyway, as a transplanted Buckeye now living in IL, I have been enjoying the beautiful weather here for the past few days and didn't even mind that it rained today. Probably my fault, some birds had been having "target practice" on my car so I rain it thru the car wash. Soon the cooler fall weather will be upon us...just hope it's not too chilly for the baseball game on Wednesday when the STL host game 1 of the World Series! Go, Cards!!!
Ha, thanks Jan. That's what my hubby and mom always say BUT it's no excuse and I don't get the jealousy thing anyway. I'm not jealous of anyone just because they are who they are or have what they have or don't have....everyone has problems and things they don't like about their lives...anyway! I've actually been wanting a new job since LAST year's football season. I'm just nervous I guess because I got a different job a few years ago and it didn't work out well. The doctor I was working for was a horrible person and I could just not work for someone like that so I'm gunshy now. I'm also frustrated with a lot of the policies of the hospital and/or my department not to mention tired of working nights and weekends PLUS weekdays, haha. I did apply for one job a while back and got a thanks but no thanks letter and that got me a little down. Oh well. I'm going to hunt after football ends this week but first we are headed a little closer to you (Beecher City/Effingham) to spend the weekend with my mom for her 59th birthday!

I WISH we could go to the game! I didn't get to go to one at all this year. We were supposed to go to one the day after pre-order but there was a bad accident on the interstate and they closed it...we were cutting it close anyway since we had to wait for Jon to get off work so we ended up turning around and coming back to Effingham I was hungry AND tired from being up all night the night before so it was not a pleasant trip! Really stinks too because the tix were a retirement gift for my mom from the police department and they went to waste!

And it was MY fault that it rained because I didn't get up and run before work....so I had to run in the rain and cold just now And I washed my car yesterday too! Hahaha! Nice to see you on the thread again! Now I need to do some laundry and try to stamp!

Check out my blog

Old 10-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #583
Matboard Maniac

Hi, Illinois stampers! Just got back from taking my son and d-i-l to St. Louis to catch their plane back to CA. Two weeks has went by quickly! Getting ready for two stamping events this week. I'm making Halloween decs with a friend of mine, and then on Tuesday I'll be helping a 4-H club make cards for Operation Write Home. The club leader is a friend of mine, and she thought this would make a great service project for her group!
Have a great weekend--make the most of it!

Old 10-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #584
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Ladies,

Not been on for awhile had 3 craft fairs this month and one to go. Next Saturday here in West Salem. The twins are doing great. Ayden has finially sterted picking up weight over 8 lbs now. They are both starting to coo alot such cute little voices. I have missed viviting with all you wonderful and talented ladies. See you all soon.

Your Friend

Patti
Old 10-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #585

Patti, do you have a booth at the craft shows, or just attend?

Old 10-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #586
Embossing Fanatic

My niece and I have a booth where we sell paper products that we have made. Such as cards, scrapbook pages, party favors etc. We are still small but everything is and orginal and one of a kind.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #587

That's wonderful, Patti. I've always wanted to have a booth at a craft fair but I don't even know how/where to begin.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #588
Embossing Fanatic

We just got aobut 200 cards made up and found a craft show called and got a space. We were both really worried but we made back our entry fee and a little profit and then got better on the second. This will be our fourth and hope it to be the best so far. Then in November we are doing another show in Olney. Maybe you and I can get together and see about doing something together. At least have a crafting evening and Chinese. Have a great evening and hope to see you soon
Old 10-26-2011, 03:59 AM   #589
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, all!

Patti, I'm so glad that your craft show went well. That's awesome! My Dad's family is from Olney and Albion, IL. I remember Olney quite well. The "home of the white squirrel". Is there still a huge fine if you accidentally hit a white squirrel? Gosh, I haven't been down that way in years as most of the family have either passed on or moved.
Pat, sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your son and d-i-l. That must be hard having them live so far away.
I hope everyone is having a good week!
Happy stamping!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #590

Hi Ladies!

Old 10-26-2011, 05:50 AM   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti's Paper Fun View Post
We just got aobut 200 cards made up and found a craft show called and got a space. We were both really worried but we made back our entry fee and a little profit and then got better on the second. This will be our fourth and hope it to be the best so far. Then in November we are doing another show in Olney. Maybe you and I can get together and see about doing something together. At least have a crafting evening and Chinese. Have a great evening and hope to see you soon
Oh that sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to do a craft show with you sometime.

Patti, I'd love to get together; we need to plan that. It has been a very hectic fall here at our house... many trips, company from out of state, busy activities at church, etc. I am worn out. LOL!

Today is my birthday, but my DH is 600 miles away (his parents in VA are failing and he's with them), so I'm taking myself to the Chinese place for lunch. LOL!

I'm having a Cardmaking Stack-a-Thon on November 5; 10-1:00. We're making 12 cards (2 each of 6 designs) and a little Christmas treat. A light lunch (homemade soup) is provided. Cost is $20. Interested in attending? If so, send me a PM and I'll give you my address.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #592
Embossing Fanatic

Wow that sounds like a lot of fun. I would to be counted in. It will be so great to meet you and share a love we both have.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Happy that you were able to treat yourself to lunch. Sorry your DH is away and not a pleasant mission.

Hope your day goes well.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #593
Matboard Maniac

Happy Birthday Jeanette! Ihope you enjoyed your day!

I have been trying to get some Christmas cards done. I normally make 50 cards of one design. This year I am going to see if I can come up with 50 different designs...I have 10done so far!

I went back to the Rumy on Friday and he put me on a new medicine for the Lupus. Not liking it much as it is really slowing me down this week! Hopefully my body will adjust soon!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Happy stamping!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:52 AM   #594
Pearl-ExPert

TinaMarie, you are an ambitious lady to attempt 50 different designs!!!!! Good luck in your quest!

I'm sorry you're slowed down this week. Medication is a wonderful thing so many times, but it sure can wreak havoc while our bodies adjust to it!

I just read a caption under a post here on SCS and thought it was classic. "I know that God doesn't close one door without opening another - but sometimes it's hell in the hallway". Hopefully, that gives everyone a chuckle for the day!

Happy Birthday a day late, Jeanette! Hopefully you can celebrate again when your hubby gets home!

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #595
Matboard Maniac

Love your caption!!! My hallway is awfully long this week!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #596
Matboard Maniac

Happy belated birthday, Jeanette!!

Yes it was hard to send my son off, but at least he is in California; and for now, not in harm's way.

I've been super busy this week crafting. One of my basket customers asked me about helping her create some Halloween crafts for her grandchildren. That was Monday night, and it was great to work with the SU Decor Elements. I hadn't used them before! She sent me a FB message that she's "hooked" and when will I be ordering again. woot-woot!
And then on Tuesday night, I helped a 4-H club make cards and Any Hero cards for Operation Write Home. Wow, those kids were great! And we got over 20 of each done!

I've got a basket event, a Quarter Auction, that I'm in on Saturday. Hope to get a little card making in on the weekend

Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #597

Thank you Patti, Tina Marie, Loretia, and Pat! It's been a great birthday week!

Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #598

Good Morning, Illinois Friends!

Old 10-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #599
Compulsive Stamper

Don't know if any of you are Cardinals fans, or even baseball fans...but if there's anything I'm more in love with than stamping/crafting it's Cardinals baseball. That being said...

GO CARDINALS!!!!

Wow! After last night's game I'm glad I get a 3 day weekend because of having parent/teacher conferences the past 2 nights. I didn't get to bed until well after midnight due to the adrenaline pumping and woke up with my Redbird Fever still burning hot.

I'm supposed to get a demo order and a workshop order delivered today, I was planning to do some major stamping while I had the house to myself, but I'm just not so sure I can sit still with all the excitement!

My Blog!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #600
Matboard Maniac

I know what you mean, Jen!! My husband and I stayed up watching the game...well, I've had a long week and actually snoozed out a little. But, I was awake for the exciting part--the win!!

I was down in St. Louis last weekend dropping my son and d-i-l at the airport, so I went out to the Galleria and got 2 shirts and a World Series hat for my DH. He's been proudly wearing the shirts!! The hat is fitted...and it's a little big...if they win the Series, I don't think he'll care about how it fits!!

Once I get a few things done for the Quarter Auction, I'll be setting up my stampin stuff while we watch the game tonight. I need to make my samples for my workshop next weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!