Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #441
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Ladies! Another beautiful day!

Well, my daughter is officially in her second year of college. All moved in. Football season is also officially underway after Friday nights scrimage. And, I am officially EXHAUSTED!! We had such a busy weekend that I was ready to come back to work just to have a break!

My daughter and I did get some crafting done last night. We made collage posters for her dorm walls. I still want to make name signs for each girl this week so she can take them back next weekend.

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #442
Embossing Fanatic

Jeanettia, glad you like the Panda Buffet. And I would love to attend your sale and the make it take it. And most of all getting together to visit and craft and have a few laughs etc. Now that Hannah has had her babies I will be not tied so close to home and get out and not worry about her going into labor. Now I just get to spoil my grandbabies.

Let me know when is good for you and when your activities are. Sound fun.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #443
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Patti, that sounds GREAT! And I'll definitely want to see the grandma pictures, too!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 08-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #444
Pearl-ExPert

Hello everyone!
Gosh, I don't get online for a few days and look at what all I've missed!!!

Linda, I'm so glad you have had a couple good days. That's wonderful. How exciting, a new baby! You know, everybody needs to do what works for them when it comes to delivery babies or living life. As long as we don't deliberately hurt someone, I say go for it!

Lots of precious angels floating around this site with their wonderful Grandma's!

Bloomington does seem to have alot of good restaurants. I'm not a big fan of Medici either, Linda. A great place to eat at Shops at College Hills for lunch or dinner is Destihl. Awesome food! They have an appetizer of fried asparagus. I could make a meal of just that! Just south of their off Veteran's Parkway is Biaggi's. Delicious food - mostly Italian. They serve the same menu at lunch and dinner, but lunch is smaller portions (still tons of food) and cheaper.
Mindy, Meatheads is awesome. Great burgers and their fries are like the good old homemade ones. Right by there, behind Krispy Kreme is a local place called "Big Daddy's Dogs". If you like hot dogs, that's a great place to stop. They are so darn good! You can get them served with everything but the kitchen sink! Great fries, too!
A favorite of us "townies" is Avanti's. There's one on Rte. 9 east of Veterans just a bit and another one on Main St. in Normal by ISU. They've been around over 35 years, I know. They sell a sub like sandwich called a gondola. People literally buy them to take home and freeze. They have what's called a pizza burger which is killer! Their pizza is really good, too. Tuesday nights are all you can eat spaghetti, salad and bread. All their bread is homemade. It's awesome and super reasonable!

Obviously, I'm hungry - can you tell - lol!!!

The days seem to be just flying by around here. Our new puppy is 4 mos. old already. We enjoy her and our 10 yr. old dog so much! Would everyone please consider praying for my sister. She has metastatic breast cancer which has now spready to her brain, spine, lymph nodes and liver. It is not responding to treatment yet. She has 2 daughters - 22 and 19. It's a horrid situation. I don't know if her cure will be here on Earth (which of course is what I pray for) or in Heaven. I do know that she and her family are going through hell right now. Thanks for any prayers anyone would like to shoot up!

Well, off to bed SCS friends! Everyone sleep well! A friend a mine has a saying: "When you go to bed at night, give your problems to God. He's going to be up all night anyway". I love that and I often succeed at it. I hope you all can too!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #445

Loretia, I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's conditon. Praying now... and will continue to do so! Hugs!!!

Old 08-23-2011, 03:32 AM   #446

Good Morning Illinois Friends!

Old 08-23-2011, 03:45 AM   #447
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you, Jeanette! I really appreciate it! I'll pass the prayers along to my sister and her family.

I hope everyone has a good day! Happy stamping!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:12 AM   #448
Matboard Maniac

Loretia - I will also be praying for your sister and her family (you as well). I love your firends saying. It is a good one to keep in your thoughts each night.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #449
Matboard Maniac

Loretia, I "second" the vote for Avanti's. Love their bread for their sandwiches!! I'll keep in mind the hot dog place. Of late when I'm up in Bloomington, I've been eating at Flattop Grill--good food but I eat WAY too much!! (Oh, I'll send some prayers up for your sister, Loretia. Sometimes I think of God as a party-line operator...I bet He's busy!! lol)

Been working on my upline swap cards from the SU mini. We were to pick a stamp to use on it. I've got 22 fronts to make. I've got 8 done...working on the rest. I think I'm to have them in the mail by Aug. 31st.

Have a great day ladies!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 AM   #450
Mad Swapper

Loretia, I will definitely keep your sister in my prayers, along with her family and you!!! What is your sister's name, and how old is she? I am so sorry to here that bad news!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:30 AM   #451
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretia View Post

Bloomington does seem to have alot of good restaurants. I'm not a big fan of Medici either, Linda. A great place to eat at Shops at College Hills for lunch or dinner is Destihl. Awesome food! They have an appetizer of fried asparagus. I could make a meal of just that! Just south of their off Veteran's Parkway is Biaggi's. Delicious food - mostly Italian. They serve the same menu at lunch and dinner, but lunch is smaller portions (still tons of food) and cheaper.
Mindy, Meatheads is awesome. Great burgers and their fries are like the good old homemade ones. Right by there, behind Krispy Kreme is a local place called "Big Daddy's Dogs". If you like hot dogs, that's a great place to stop. They are so darn good! You can get them served with everything but the kitchen sink! Great fries, too!
A favorite of us "townies" is Avanti's. There's one on Rte. 9 east of Veterans just a bit and another one on Main St. in Normal by ISU. They've been around over 35 years, I know. They sell a sub like sandwich called a gondola. People literally buy them to take home and freeze. They have what's called a pizza burger which is killer! Their pizza is really good, too. Tuesday nights are all you can eat spaghetti, salad and bread. All their bread is homemade. It's awesome and super reasonable!
!
We were actually going to Destihl on Saturday, but changed. I guess we should have stayed with my first choice!!! Next time!!! Biaggi's is already a favorite of ours!!! Love that place!!! I have been to Avanti's many years ago. I do remember it being very good!!! It's about 9:30am, and I guess I had better get something to eat!!! You've made me hungry!!!

Thank you for some more restaurant ideas. We LOVE the Fresh Market, and always try to eat a good meal while we are there. I definitely think Destihl will be our next place to try!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #452
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you very much for the prayers Linda, Pat and Tina Marie. They mean so much to me and I'll pass them along to my sister! Her name is Susan and she's 49. How blessed I feel to have found this wonderful group of women online! Who would have thought....go looking for card ideas and here all of you are!

Good luck with your swap cards, Pat!

It's raining in Bloomington and has been for about 2 hrs. Yeah!!!!!!! I swear the grass, trees and flowers are breathing a sigh of relief!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #453
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I'm praying too! I've been a bit MIA lately...very busy with work...and trying to stamp...and trying to keep the house picked up (no fun, lol).

No rain here sadly, I could tell it was raining good up north though! Maybe it will when I go to work in a bit since I have to be outside...here's hoping!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 08-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #454
Mad Swapper

Loretia, Susan is so very young to be going through such a disease!!! I will continue to pray for her!!!

Please send the rain in the direction of DECATUR ! ! ! My husband said it rained a little north of town, however, we haven't had ANY rain for four weeks. I have another migraine, which isn't good, especially since I have my Discogram tomorrow morning. I start a new medication for my migraines tonight. It can have a lot of side effects. It is called Topimax. It is mainly used for seizures. I am really, really hoping it is my miracle drug!!! I am starting on a very low dosage, and increasing slowly. Hopefully, it will keep me from getting the bad side effects.

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 08-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #455
Matboard Maniac

Linda - I have taken Topimax before for Migraines. It should help - it did me. Good luck and I will pray for your pain to go away before tomorrows tests.
Loretia - I will add Susan to our prayer list at church as well.
Would love to have some of that rain here too!
I am off to Springfield for a meeting. Everyone have a great evening and a wonderful day tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:44 AM   #456

Linda, I'm sorry you're suffering with yet another migraine. Hugs!

Old 08-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #457
Embossing Fanatic

Wow what a hot day. Hoping for some rain. And time to craft. With the babies here time is spent with them when I get home from work. They are changing so much. But doing great.

Linda keeping you in my prayers and hoping the migraines get better with new medicine. I dont get them often but when I do its not pretty. Best of luck to you.

Hope you all are having a great day.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #458
Matboard Maniac

Good afternoon Ladies! It has been a long day here! I spent last night in Springfield to be there at 7 am for a class I had to take today. Went out for supper with a collegue that works in another office of ours and found out that they have decided to close her office!~ I am terrified that they will decide to do the same to mine too! Only time will tell I guess.

Heading to my craft area to try to get a birthday card and get well card finished before the night is over!
Have a great evening!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #459

Ugh it was so hot here! I had a soccer game of course and was sweating buckets just sitting there! Then it looked all stormy when I came home and I went for a short run and it never did a dang thing....was super humid and thundered but NO RAIN!!!! I wish it would rain!!! Hoping it's much cooler tomorrow too! Got another soccer game! My poor kids!

Check out my blog

Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #460
Compulsive Stamper

Ugh, I wish it would rain here as well. I'm a little farther south than most of you, but it's just as hot an humid! My brother is in school in Champaign and he had something on his Facebook yesterday about how nice it was to have the windows open and the fans pulling in the fresh rain scented air. I could have beat him! (In an older sibling rivalry sort of way of course! ) It was "supposed" to rain here today but there was not a cloud in the sky! I'm not sure what the heat index got up to exactly but we kept our afternoon pre-k kids inside in the a/c because of the heat rather than going outside for play time.

Here's hoping for a cooler tomorrow, and some time to stamp! I got some new "toys" yesterday that are calling my name but with an eye appointment after school yesterday and other errands to run today I just haven't made it that far yet!

My Blog!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhasch09 View Post
Ugh, I wish it would rain here as well. I'm a little farther south than most of you, but it's just as hot an humid! My brother is in school in Champaign and he had something on his Facebook yesterday about how nice it was to have the windows open and the fans pulling in the fresh rain scented air. I could have beat him! (In an older sibling rivalry sort of way of course! ) It was "supposed" to rain here today but there was not a cloud in the sky! I'm not sure what the heat index got up to exactly but we kept our afternoon pre-k kids inside in the a/c because of the heat rather than going outside for play time.

Here's hoping for a cooler tomorrow, and some time to stamp! I got some new "toys" yesterday that are calling my name but with an eye appointment after school yesterday and other errands to run today I just haven't made it that far yet!
How far south are you? Just curious since my mom lives near Effingham...anywhere close to there? And being in Decatur, I'm a bit south of most on here too Heat index was about 105 around 4pm...I looked it up when I was working football practice, haha!

Check out my blog

Old 08-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #462
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
How far south are you? Just curious since my mom lives near Effingham...anywhere close to there? And being in Decatur, I'm a bit south of most on here too Heat index was about 105 around 4pm...I looked it up when I was working football practice, haha!
I'm north of Alton, which is just across the river from St. Louis. It's about 2-2 1/2 hours to Effingham from here I think, but almost straight west of it.

My Blog!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #463

Ah you are south! Takes about an hour and a half to two to St. Louis from there! I try to stay with my mom if I have to get to the airport since it's a bit closer than home!

Check out my blog

Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #464
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, everyone!

Linda, I sure hope your new medication is working for your migraines.
TinaMarie, how scary that you have to wonder about your job. I pray that your job stays put!!
Patti, sounds like you're having fun with those new grandbabies! I'll bet it's super busy around their home.
I'm still coloring away on Christmas cards! They may have to go by the wayside for a day or 2 as I have some wedding, anniversary, graduation cards to make. That'll be a nice change. I guess I'm in the mood to "create" something new!
I hope everyone has a good day and happy stamping!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:16 AM   #465

Old 08-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #466
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
I managed to get one birthday card done last night. Still need to get a few more done so maybe this weekend I can spend some time on them!
Hoping for a new bathroom floor this weekend ~ hubby is not feeling well so my hopes are not too high that we get much accomplished.
Linda how are you feeling?
Loretia - I am just loving using the colored pencils! Started some of my christmas card too!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #467
Mad Swapper

Well, I survived the Discogram yesterday!!! It was a very long day, and I didn't get the results I was hoping for. I had to be in Springfield before 6am, and couldn't sleep Tuesday night, from anticipation. The Dr was very good, and seemed thorough. My results were negative. I was very disappointed. I was hoping for an answer and an easy fix to my pain. The doctor that did the test mentioned other tests. I just don't know what to do!!! I did a little research on-line, and it sounds like with chronic back pain, sometimes you never find a cause!!! Like I said, I am very disappointed!!!

I didn't sleep well last night. I have a bad headache and pain from the test, which is normal. I'm supposed to take it easy today. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow!!! I see my Neurosurgeon on Monday.

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 08-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #468

I'm sorry, Linda! UGH!!! That stinks!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
Well, I survived the Discogram yesterday!!! It was a very long day, and I didn't get the results I was hoping for. I had to be in Springfield before 6am, and couldn't sleep Tuesday night, from anticipation. The Dr was very good, and seemed thorough. My results were negative. I was very disappointed. I was hoping for an answer and an easy fix to my pain. The doctor that did the test mentioned other tests. I just don't know what to do!!! I did a little research on-line, and it sounds like with chronic back pain, sometimes you never find a cause!!! Like I said, I am very disappointed!!!

I didn't sleep well last night. I have a bad headache and pain from the test, which is normal. I'm supposed to take it easy today. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow!!! I see my Neurosurgeon on Monday.
Sorry to hear that! Have you tried physical therapy? I can't remember. It can help...and we have a pool to do warm water aquatic therapy where I work, sometimes that can help. Send me a private message if you have any questions!

Check out my blog

Old 08-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #470
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minders View Post
Sorry to hear that! Have you tried physical therapy? I can't remember. It can help...and we have a pool to do warm water aquatic therapy where I work, sometimes that can help. Send me a private message if you have any questions!
I have tried water therapy, PT, Chiropractic, Gone to Pain Clinic both here and at Barnes in St Louis. I have had trigger point injections and epidurals. I have done just about everything.

I have been recommended to checking into Physical Medicine Rehab and Physiatry, and Best Doctors. I feel like giving up,....I don't want to be poked and probed just to benefit the Doctor's pocket.

I will see what my Neurosurgeon says on Monday. I trust that she won't test me to death!!! We will see!!!

Mindy, Where do you work that has aquatic therapy???

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 08-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #471
Matboard Maniac

Hi ladies! Golly I hadn't been on her in awhile and it took some time to catch up! Congratulations on the babies and the jobs. Everyone has been busy, busy, busy!
Loretia - it was awesome meeting you at Tremont. I really enjoyed our chat and putting a face with the name. That is always so much fun. I have to say I am still struggling with my pencils. I think I will probably always prefer my copics but I am still giving the pencils a shot. I have used the stumps with OMS and prefer that method over not blending at all.
Linda - I hope you get some relief for your pain. My dad has MS and he suffers from a headache almost every day. He just keeps on going but I know some days are almost unbearable for him.
Piglady - I see you are a longaberger consultant. My son lives in Newark, Ohio! He works for State Farm and moved out there last May after he graduated from college. I hate that he's 6 hours away but I'm thankful he has a job!
Have any of you ladies ever come to the Apple n Pork Festival in Clinton? It's the last full weekend in September every year. There's lots and lots of good food, crafts, flea market and fun!
I'm going to try to check in more regularly from now on.
Happy Stamping!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #472

I work for DMH at the Sports Enhancement and Physical Therapy center. It's just south of CAT on 27th....

Check out my blog

Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 AM   #473

Good Morning Illinois Friends!!!

TGIF!!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:08 AM   #474
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, ladies!

Welcome back, Cindy! I, too, enjoyed meeting you at Tremont. It's crazy the people you find you know in common when you get talking to a new friend. We always enjoy the Apple & Pork Festival. Shoot, anyplace that sells corn dogs, french fries and lemon shake-ups is a good event - lol!

Linda, I'm sorry you're battling so much pain. I'm keeping you in my prayers. I sure do hope you find some relief soon.

I'm still coloring away on Christmas cards! I think I need to take a break and make a couple different cards. I did send 120 cards off to Operation Write Home on Monday and was pleased that I was able to do that.

TGIF everyone! I hope this weekend finds you all doing something fun!

Happy stamping!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #475
Matboard Maniac

Hi ladies,
I'm off to a stamp class tonight - yippee!! My BF is a SU demo and she holds classes twice a month. She almost always holds the same class two nights in a row which is really convenient. I always look forward to seeing everyone and chatting as much as making the cards! Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #476
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladies, I don't know if you heard this or not. But The Angel Company Closed it's doors. This past week.

The company had been around since 1997.

I use to be a demo with them until this past Dec. 2010

Keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers. I know a lot of ladies are totally and still in shock over this.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #477

Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 AM   #478

Old 08-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #479
Compulsive Stamper

Here's to a day of stamping and laundry, heavy on the stamping light on the laundry! haha

I should be outside pulling weeds but I do need to get laundry done too as it's long overdue and I can stamp while I do laundry so the weeds will just have to wait...maybe if I wish long enough the hubby will work on that tonight. He is at school studying for boards all afternoon and spend all day there yesterday. I'm sure he will not want to "work" when he gets home.

Getting to work on my Christmas cards today, hoping to have them done early so I'm not rushing again this year!

My Blog!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #480
Matboard Maniac

I'm like you, Jen, I did laundry! And now I need to stamp. The card fronts for my upline swap need to be in the mail tomorrow. Time to get them done!!

Have a good evening everyone!!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]