Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #401
Pearl-ExPert

Pat, I too have a Big Shot; but I still use my CB and nesties. The CB is alot more portable. I hope you enjoy your training in the big "Twin Cities" - tee hee! I shouldn't laugh, we do like living here.

Linda, I just hate that you are still having so much pain with your health problems. I'm keeping you and your healthcare providers in my prayers; your husband and his too! I'm sure you are a good advocate for yourself when it comes to getting good doctors and appropriate treatment. Remember, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" so get good and demanding when it comes to getting help. You deserve it!
Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your 11th grandchild. That is so awesome! It's a good thing your daughter has some older children to help! She'll be one very busy lady!

Patti, how goes the baby countdown in your family?

TinaMarie, your home projects sound wonderful! I hope you get a weekend off, too. For me, planting is the fun part. It's exiciting to pick out flowers, get them in the ground and watch them grow. It doesn't take much to thrill me - lol!

I actually got our Christmas cards designed this weekend. Yes, I am using colored pencils on 2 different stamped images. I have decided that family and close friends will probably be the only folks getting the colored ones. I'll stamp less time consuming cards for other friends. Loving this coloring!

I hope everyone gets a good night's sleep and has good dreams!

Take care and happy stamping.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #402
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I had a really bad migraine last week as well. I had finally woken up my DH to take me to the ER and I got sick to my stomach....I felt a lot better (although still had a monster headache but it was manageable) after that though so I didn't think I needed to go. I think it was from allergies/sinuses. The mold, pollen, and dust are terrible right now and I'd been out all day at football. My right side of my nose went immediately stuffy when we laid down in the basement to watch tv...it's a bad time of year I think for the migraines!

And I've been having trouble staying out of my DH's hot chipotle peanuts (they are so yum) but I had eaten a bunch the night I got sick....won't have much trouble staying away from them now (not so yum anymore)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Old 08-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #403
Embossing Fanatic

Red face

No crafting tonight. Got off work at 7 after a 12 hour day. Rough one and I forgot to take medicine for my feet this morning. So feet are really hurting tonight. Then helped my daughter move her things in since we go to the hospital in the morning at 630 for the babies to arrive in this world. Just sit down for first time to rest since 6 this morning. So crafting will have to wait til later. I miss when I don't get to spend time in my craft room. But lots going on today. Hope to tell you all tomorrow about the birth of my grandbabies
Old 08-16-2011, 03:14 AM   #404
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Illinois Friends!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 08-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #405
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Ladies!
Patti - keep us posted on those wonderful new babies!
Mindy - I hope you are feeling better!
Loretia - I have been having sooooo much fun with my colored pencils! I saw on line somewhere that you can use baby oil instead of mineral oil to blend with - It works GREAT!!! I am loving the results! I think I need to actually make some cards now instead of just coloring!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #406
Mad Swapper

Smile

Patti, Waiting with excitement on those little bundle of joys!!! How exciting it is going to be!!!

My Daughter's doctor is saying our Lil' Peanut is due on August 31st. Shanna is saying September 3rd. Her other three were all late. The doctor has warned her that fourth babies have a way of coming early, and FAST. She was wanting to labor a long time at home. I think now she will get to the hospital. She is almost 40 years old, and doing GREAT ! ! !

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow at 11:30. I NEED all the prayers I can get!!! My migraine was AWFUL yesterday, and after having these headaches almost non-stop for so long it's about to make me CRAZY ! ! ! I have also been very depressed and having terrible nightmares. So, please say prayers that my doctor has the knowledge to give me the right medication to give me some relief.

I am hoping that I feel well enough to stamp and make some cards SOON ! ! It seems like I have been too sick to do anything!!! I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning. I NEVER let my hair look this bad. I know I will feel better getting it cut and colored. Then in a couple of weeks, get it highlighted.

Everyone enjoy your Tuesday!!! Patti, keep us informed on those twins!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

We had to get rid of the kids~~~

~~~The cats were allergic!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #407
Mad Swapper

Smile

You ladies are making me wish I had taken that colored pencil class in Tremont a while back!!! I am going to have to take a class sometime!!! I have been intrigued with using Gamsol with the Prisma-colored pencils for quite awhile. I have heard about using baby oil too. A lot of people can't tolerate paint thinner or Gamsol. Does the baby oil make your paper oily???

I have to get feeling better soon!!! I want to CREATE ! ! !

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 08-16-2011, 07:55 AM   #408
Pearl-ExPert

TinaMarie, how do you use the baby oil? Do you put it on with a brush or just what. Then how do you blend it?

Linda, you've got those prayers! No one should feel that terrible. There's a song that I love that the Gaither Family performs. I can't remember the name of it, but the end of the verse is: "Hold on, my child. Joy comes in the morning. The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight". When you think about it, the sky is the darkest not too terribly long before dawn. Sometimes that phrase helps me when I'm in the middle of a tough time. I hope it does you, too.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #409
Matboard Maniac

Linda - the baby oil dries very quickly. No residue at all - plus it smells good too! Hang in there Linda - I know how awful it is to feel so bad that you don't want to create! I spent almost a year just looking at my stuff because I felt so bad that I didn't even want to sit down and try. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Loretia - I use a paper stomp. I just dip it and blend like I would with a colorless blender. Last night was the first time I have done it - but the blending was SO easy and looks so smooth! I will probably do it that way from now on.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #410
Embossing Fanatic

Our bundle of joys us this evening at 9:14 Tilee Donyea came into the world weighting
5lbs and 12oz and 18 inches and Ayden Micheal came at 9:16 weighting 6lbs and 2oz and 19 inches. Mom and babies are doing great. Hannah had to have a emergency C-section. After 14 hours of labor and 6 of them hard of contractions every 1 1/2 or less min. apart. They are absolutely georgous. I will post pic on blog tomorrow. Only slept 2 hours last night and after midnight already tonight. But it was totally worth it.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:09 AM   #411

Good Morning Illinois Friends!!!

Woo Hoo!!! Welcome to the world Tilee Donyea and Ayden Micheal!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 04:53 AM   #412
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations and welcome to the world Tilee Donyea and Ayden Michael!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear they arrived safely. God love your daughter, she sure worked hard to get them here! I'll bet you're all just exhausted. After you get some rest, give those little angels extra kisses from everyone here!

Tina Marie, thanks for the info. on the baby oil. I have to show my ignorance and say that I don't know what a paper stomp is. That's new to me and I sure do want to try your technique. When you get a minute, I'd appreciate your letting me know.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 AM   #413

I use paper stumps and baby oil, too, when I'm not using my Copics. They are a lot of fun and give a well blended soft look to the images.

Paper stumps are shaped like pencils (only you get them in a variety of dimensions) andt they are made completely of paper. When they get used and need "sharpened", you use a piece of fine sandpaper to do that.

Here's a link that shows pictures of them...

paper stump - Google Search

Old 08-17-2011, 05:08 AM   #414
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks, Jeanette!
After I read your postand saw the picture, I started looking in my "stamp accessory" drawer and what do you know.......I have some! Imagine that! That label on the package I have has the goofy name of "small tortillons", but it's the same darn thing! I guess I really need to sort through those drawers - lol! What do you know, a new technique and I don't have to buy a darn thing! Score! Thanks again!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #415

How exciting, Loretia! You're going to have fun with this, I know it! And to find it right there in your stash is awesome!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 05:18 AM   #416
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies! Congratulations Patti on your new additions! I just bet they are beautiful!
Lorieta - I have some that say that too. I just bought a started kit at Hobby last week that has several sizes and the sandpaper. Youtube has several good demonstrations using this method. Right now I am working on mastering "hair"! I love how the baby oil blends the colors together to give highlights..

Well, have a great day everyone! It looks like maybe some rain here today.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #417
Matboard Maniac

Hi, Ladies...and welcome Tilee Donyea and Ayden Michael!!

Linda, I always come in with some crafting stuff when I travel. I started off eating (too much) at Flatiron Grill...and since Scrapbook Friendz is no longer (Boo!!), it gave me more time to play with my Big Shot! I bought the Top Note, Lots of Tags, Sweet Buttons and the SquareLattice. I took one pack of paper and really rolled through a bunch!! I forgot to bring along the Sweet Buttons so I'll need to play with that sizzlit later.

I'll have to wait till after Saturday to work on paper crafting. I am helping our cheerleaders with a Longaberger Basket Binga...so I've got to focus on getting all the extra stuff done. I have no plans for Saturday except to get things ready. It starts at 6 but I'll go in at 4 to start getting stuff set up. The cheerleaders bought warm-up suits; and unfortunately, they didn't have money raised to purchase them!!! They took a delayed payment and they are hoping this fundraiser will get them "out of the hole." The daughter of my family Dr. is on the cheer team, so they asked if I could help them. Our band wound up clearing about $1800 from theirs, so I hope they will be successful with it too!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Old 08-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #418
Embossing Fanatic

Patti's Paper Fun I have pics on my blog site if you would like to see the little darlings. At pattispaperfun.blogspot.com Thanks to all of you for your well wishes and comment. Great to have friends like you all,
Old 08-18-2011, 03:46 AM   #419

Old 08-18-2011, 04:23 AM   #420
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning, everyone!

Patti, what beautiful angels have joined your family! They are just so precious. Here's to a lifetime of wonderful blessings for them and your family. By the way Grandma, looking pretty good there in your scrubs - lol! What an honor to have been present when these darlings entered the world!

I hope everyone has a good day. As I'm off work today, I'm going to get my colored pencils and keep coloring away on our Christmas cards!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:25 AM   #421

Patti, I went and peeked at your precious new family members. Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!! They are too adorable!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:58 AM   #422

Congrats and very cute Hope everyone is doing well!

Check out my blog

Old 08-18-2011, 05:00 AM   #423
Matboard Maniac

Good morning Ladies!
Patti - they are just beautiful! Congratulations again!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #424
Mad Swapper

Smile

CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA PATTI ! ! !

Very beautiful twin babies!!!

Keep sharing pictures, LOVE seeing them!!!

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 08-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #425
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks for all the congrats. All are doing well. They get to come home tomorrow. I cannot wait. Spoiling will begin. lol

I need to get back to crafting today. Going to have to try out coloring pencils. They sound like so much fun. And have watch some videos and I think I will like that and I do it.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #426
Matboard Maniac

Such beautiful grandbabies? Are they your first? My granddaughter will be 2 mos. old on Monday--hard to believe those months have flown by so quickly!!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #427
Embossing Fanatic

My husband daughter has two but these are first from one of my own. Faith will be 3 in Oct. and Hunter will be a year old on Sat. So we now have 2 girls and 2 boys keeping it even at this point.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:55 AM   #428

TGIF!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 05:12 AM   #429
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning Ladies! TGIF!!!
It has been a very long week for me. Between work and board meeting I a beat! My son's football season officially kicks off tonight with a "meet the team" scrimage, then we move my daughter back to college on Sunday so another busy weekend. No time for home improvement projects this weekend
Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #430
Embossing Fanatic

Good evening craft friends. Hope you are all looking forward to a wonderful weekend. My grandbabies came home today and grandma is doing her best to spoil them already. But will have to do some crafting this weekend been taking a break this week for very good reason. Sorry if I am talking to much about the babies. Going to try some coloring pencils and see how they work.

Have a great Friday.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #431

I hope you are all having a fabulous Saturday!!!

Old 08-21-2011, 03:50 AM   #432

Old 08-21-2011, 03:58 AM   #433
Embossing Fanatic

Good morning all my crafty friends. Make God bless you
Old 08-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #434
Mad Swapper

Smile

I had a very busy day yesterday, and NO headache!!! My Grandson, Tristyn had his first football game. Boy, was it HOT, HOT, HOT ! ! ! What has happened to RAIN??? Decatur hasn't had any in four weeks!!!

We came home and changed clothes, then a trip to Bloomington. "The Fresh Market " had New York Strip steaks on sale. First, we tried out "Midici's" Restaurant. It was OK. Of course, the Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese was the best!!! I had Salmon, and Bob had a burger. I need some other restaurant ideas from all you from the Bloomington, Normal area!!! Got a little rain while we were there to remind me what it looks like!!!

Today, is a laid-back day. I need to make a card for Lil' Peanut. The little guy is due in ten days. I did find an on-line cloth-diaper store in Bloomington. That has been one of my gifts for the little one. My daughter prefers them to the disposables. Boy have they come a LONG way since I had my babies!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!! I have a busy week ahead. Two Dr visits, and a Discogram in Springfield on Wednesday,...YIKES! ! !

~~~LINDA~~~

Old 08-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalaskowski View Post
I had a very busy day yesterday, and NO headache!!! My Grandson, Tristyn had his first football game. Boy, was it HOT, HOT, HOT ! ! ! What has happened to RAIN??? Decatur hasn't had any in four weeks!!!

We came home and changed clothes, then a trip to Bloomington. "The Fresh Market " had New York Strip steaks on sale. First, we tried out "Midici's" Restaurant. It was OK. Of course, the Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese was the best!!! I had Salmon, and Bob had a burger. I need some other restaurant ideas from all you from the Bloomington, Normal area!!! Got a little rain while we were there to remind me what it looks like!!!

Today, is a laid-back day. I need to make a card for Lil' Peanut. The little guy is due in ten days. I did find an on-line cloth-diaper store in Bloomington. That has been one of my gifts for the little one. My daughter prefers them to the disposables. Boy have they come a LONG way since I had my babies!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!! I have a busy week ahead. Two Dr visits, and a Discogram in Springfield on Wednesday,...YIKES! ! !
We just ate at Reality Bites in downtown Bloomington for my BFF's birthday last night. It was good! It's sort of like a tapas place but with "American" food instead of Spanish. We shared the ribeye nachos and then he got the drunken chicken (mashed potatoes were to die for...but only if you love garlic, haha) and I had the fish tacos! Both very good BUT was so much, we should have shared and entree. My BFF shared a Kobe beef burger w her boyfriend and although she didn't care for it we tried it and LOVED it! So the place is worth a shot!

We also love to eat at Flatop out at college hills mall! It's make your own stir fry and my hubby loves it!!!!

I love potbelly sandwiches also and we still need to try meatheads hamburger place, it's supposed to be awesome! HTH!

Check out my blog

Old 08-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #436
Embossing Fanatic

Linda good to hear you had a good day. And felt good too.

Wow sounds like so many great places to eat. Here in our little town we a small restraunt that is only open limited hours and a casey's. Have to travel 20 to 25 miles to get a McDonalds. LOL.

Have a great evening.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #437

Patti, we still need to work at getting together. It would be such fun to meet you!

I am planning a Stamping and Scrapbooking Only yard sale for this fall... I'm going to have a Make and Take at it, too. I'll give you the details (date/time/etc) when I get it all worked out. Maybe you'd like to come check it out. Or sometime we could meet somewhere for a tea or soda or lunch or something. I did try the Panda Buffet here in Fairfield at your recommendation, BTW, and I really liked it! Thanks for pointing me that direction!

Old 08-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #438
Matboard Maniac

Busy weekend for me!! I worked most of the day yesterday on the Basket Binga for the cheerleaders. They think they did well--I hope so too! I worked on yardwork and laundry after church until it got too hot. Got in some sun and looking through the SU catty. Going to get started on figuring out my card swap for my upline. We're supposed to use one of the stampsets from the new mini. I've got the Pines and Poinsettias so I'll see what I can come up with. Happy Sunday, everyone!

Old 08-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #439

Old 08-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #440
Mad Swapper

Smile

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE ! ! !

I've got a busy week!!! I am getting sick of doctors!!!
I don't remember if I have told you all, but we are having a "Baby Party" at the hospital when the baby comes!!! All three Grandkids, their Daddy and I have been approved to be in the birthing room!!! I KNOW it is unusual, and some say it's crazy,...but that's how my Daughter wants it. I have been with her for all three grandchildren. When her second child was born, I took care of video-taping and Alexys was 3 and was present during the birth. Daddy cut the umbilical cord. When baby #3 came, Alexys was 6, and Tristyn was 3. I video-taped, and kept the grandkids busy. Alexys helped cut the umbilical cord, and Tristyn helped to dry his brother off.

Now, It is almost time for the new baby. The grandkids are 15, 12 and 9. My sister is a nurse on Labor and Delivery, and my Daughter's doctor has agreed to let her have the kids present. So, Ashtyn is going to help cut the umbilical cord, and Tristyn is going to dry the baby off. I will be there to help keep the Grandkids occupied. I imagine at their ages, they will get bored and want to spend time in the waiting room playing games and watching TV. I am going to bring some games, and am making cookies for them this week. The hospital reluctantly agreed to allow us to video-tape the birth.

It will be a very busy day, for sure!!! My Grandkids know everything about having a baby, and see it as a very natural thing. I, personally, wouldn't want that kind of birthing experience!!! However, my Daughter does, and the kids are excited!!!

I still need to make the baby a card. Another thing to do this week.

~~~LINDA~~~