Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #1881
Stazon Splitcoast

A young girl (13) that I used to teach at church has been in the hospital since Friday. Prior to then, it had probably been just over a week since she had been able to keep any food down. The doctors couldn't figure it out. Naturally, by the time they admitted her, she was dehydrated, which only complicated things further. I was surprised they didn't admit her at her appointment on Wednesday.

B and I went to visit Sunday afternoon. I wish it wasn't so far away (1 hr 15 min) so they could visit more. I made two trips yesterday, once to take her son and a second to take her mother after I picked her up from the airport.

They did figure out that she has a hiatal hernia but they ran more tests today because she is having pain. She has to eat food that has something in it that allows them to track itin her digestive system. This test was to take 2 hours. Of course, she wasn't excited to do it because she can't keep anything down still. She drinks 1 cup of water throughout the day.

I'm glad the grandmother is here to help with the son. The dad/husband deployed a couple of months ago for a year.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #1882
Stazon Splitcoast

I got to go to school today to pick up a sick kid. The first time any of my kids have gotten sick at school. I just figured she got over-heated at field day but now I'm not so sure as she is asleep on the couch.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #1883
Postapalooza Mama

Send a message via AIM to maryp Send a message via Yahoo to maryp

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrd View Post
Glad he's OK had to have been serious enough to land there.

Violet Rose is such a pretty name and not so common now. Are either of the names a family name?
He IS OK but we still have to explore another situation with him.

Yes... both come from names on both sides of Kel's family. If it was a girl, Rose was always going to be her middle name because of Aunt Ro (Rose) on Jerry's side of the family. I had an Aunt Vi (Violet)...she was the Mom of a VERY FAVORITE 2nd cousin of mine...not sure on the "math" of that, but Kel had been tossing girls' names @ me from way back when & NONE of them worked for me...as IF I had a say in her name. Anyway, I happened to mention my great aunt's name to Kel and...it clicked...especially when they had the ultrasound that confirmed they were having a girl. Kel said "there's my Violet Rose". I'm in love with her name! BTW...Chris won't really admit it, but he really likes the color purple. We've seen it exhibited in many different ways Hahaha. I just think that's another sign that my grandbaby girl has the perfect name! I hope I can find some purple roses somewhere for Kel & my granddaughter when she gets here. Not that I really wanna spend Mother's Day in the hospital, but I think it would be pretty cool if Vi was born on Mother's Day since Kel was born on Father's Day.

Last edited by maryp; 05-09-2012 at 11:58 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #1884
Postapalooza Mama

Deborah~Have you noticed that it's just been you & me here on the thread in a pretty long time? I know everyone else thinks FB is great but I'm just not going there. Period. I REALLY miss my other HYENas, but I'm an old lady & I'm just not gonna start a whole 'nother "thing". Not sayin' any more other than I still love all of my Lovely HYENas.

I will reply to your latest posts on Thursday. In the meantime, LOVE YOU LOTS for hangin' here with me, among other things...I'd LOVE a phone chat sometime soon if you can swing it!

G'night...sweet dreams!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #1885
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
A young girl (13) that I used to teach at church has been in the hospital since Friday. Prior to then, it had probably been just over a week since she had been able to keep any food down. The doctors couldn't figure it out. Naturally, by the time they admitted her, she was dehydrated, which only complicated things further. I was surprised they didn't admit her at her appointment on Wednesday.

B and I went to visit Sunday afternoon. I wish it wasn't so far away (1 hr 15 min) so they could visit more. I made two trips yesterday, once to take her son and a second to take her mother after I picked her up from the airport.

They did figure out that she has a hiatal hernia but they ran more tests today because she is having pain. She has to eat food that has something in it that allows them to track itin her digestive system. This test was to take 2 hours. Of course, she wasn't excited to do it because she can't keep anything down still. She drinks 1 cup of water throughout the day.

I'm glad the grandmother is here to help with the son. The dad/husband deployed a couple of months ago for a year.
I'm glad they figured out what the problem is. Hopefully she won't have too rough of a time with the test eating & whatever treatment they will have to do.

You are so kind & generous to do all the driving to get her family to see her.

Will there be any R&R time for the dad/husband to come home before his deployment is over?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #1886
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
I got to go to school today to pick up a sick kid. The first time any of my kids have gotten sick at school. I just figured she got over-heated at field day but now I'm not so sure as she is asleep on the couch.
That's a pretty track record to go this long with not having to pick up sick kiddo at school until now.

How is she doing today?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #1887
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryp View Post
Deborah~Have you noticed that it's just been you & me here on the thread in a pretty long time? I know everyone else thinks FB is great but I'm just not going there. Period. I REALLY miss my other HYENas, but I'm an old lady & I'm just not gonna start a whole 'nother "thing". Not sayin' any more other than I still love all of my Lovely HYENas.

I will reply to your latest posts on Thursday. In the meantime, LOVE YOU LOTS for hangin' here with me, among other things...I'd LOVE a phone chat sometime soon if you can swing it!

G'night...sweet dreams!
I have noted that it is you and me. I'm on Facebook too but it isn't the same as here. Every once in a while some pictures go up or someone checks in but it isn't as personal where you ask questions and get more details. This is more like a conversation and the other is updates. I think several years ago Facebook was the new exciting thing but it seems to have lost its luster for many.

We'll do a call soon. I have no voice at the moment. I thought it was allergies but I was knocked out yesterday and part of today. J is home sick today too. When the school called yesterday because she was sick, I thought it was dehydration but she may have caught a bug.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #1888
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
He IS OK but we still have to explore another situation with him.

Yes... both come from names on both sides of Kel's family. If it was a girl, Rose was always going to be her middle name because of Aunt Ro (Rose) on Jerry's side of the family. I had an Aunt Vi (Violet)...she was the Mom of a VERY FAVORITE 2nd cousin of mine...not sure on the "math" of that, but Kel had been tossing girls' names @ me from way back when & NONE of them worked for me...as IF I had a say in her name. Anyway, I happened to mention my great aunt's name to Kel and...it clicked...especially when they had the ultrasound that confirmed they were having a girl. Kel said "there's my Violet Rose". I'm in love with her name! BTW...Chris won't really admit it, but he really likes the color purple. We've seen it exhibited in many different ways Hahaha. I just think that's another sign that my grandbaby girl has the perfect name! I hope I can find some purple roses somewhere for Kel & my granddaughter when she gets here. Not that I really wanna spend Mother's Day in the hospital, but I think it would be pretty cool if Vi was born on Mother's Day since Kel was born on Father's Day.
I love how the name came to be. There is a pretty good chance that purple will be her favorite color at some point, perhaps for a long time.

That would be nifty if she were born on Mother's Day.

My cousin had a baby girl in the wee hours this morning. Mom and baby are doing well. I have another cousin that is due on B's birthday. Just might get to see a newborn if she comes early.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #1889
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm glad they figured out what the problem is. Hopefully she won't have too rough of a time with the test eating & whatever treatment they will have to do.

You are so kind & generous to do all the driving to get her family to see her.

Will there be any R&R time for the dad/husband to come home before his deployment is over?
She made it through the first test. I guess they are doing a second one minus the food. They did find a bacteria and have started her on antibiotic. Oddly, they told my friend that it doesn't always work so they have to keep watching. They are doing another (maybe the same) test without food. I sent her a message looking for more details. She'll get to me when she can.

Her dad just deployed early March, so he hasn't been gone too long. He will get 2 weeks R&R. They always have something happen 3 weeks after leaves. I guess it took a little longer this time but not by much. She already had her daughter twist her ankle so she had to miss some gymnastics competitions. Then her daughter tripped and landed wrong, injuring her wrist. Now this. Her son has managed to get by without anything so far. I can't remember if the refrigerator had to be replaced this deployment or the last one. He was only home for 9 mos. before he deployed again.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #1890
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's a pretty track record to go this long with not having to pick up sick kiddo at school until now.

How is she doing today?

I think we've done pretty well to go through 11 years of school, with 1-4 kids in at any given time and this be the first call from the nurse.

She had some toast and now she is eating crackers. She isn't really doing anything. Just laying on the couch. She doesn't have the TV on even. I checked with her because I thought she was just keeping our rule of 30 min. of TV a day but she says it will be baby shows because kids are in school so she isn't interested. Good point. She isn't reading or anything. I don't know that I could just lay there. She did get her bunny out of the cage for a bit and pet him but that is all.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #1891
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh good! I haven't checked in for a bit and it is OK because no one posted anyway.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #1892
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

Happy Memorial Day!

Sorry I haven't been around No excuses....I do come on and read up though.

Mary.....I'm hoping the baby has arrived??? I love her name. Pictures, please??

Trevor got out of school on Wednesday. So he is now officially a senior! I can't even believe it. I can honestly say this was the first year that I was soooo happy school was over. He had one teacher that I wasn't happy with at all and it just made the year terrible. I just don't understand how someone could possibly be so disorganized. She constantly lost assignments he turned in and he and I both had to keep after her all year. I don't know if I ever mentioned that he plays bass in a Christian hard core metal band (they must be good, because they play a lot of shows, but it's very hard for a mom to listen to LOL) They are actually going on tour the second week of June for 10 days to Northern California, Oregon and Washington. Pretty cool for a bunch of high school boys. He has had a steady girlfriend for the last 7 months or so. She is a cutie and keeps him in line LOL

Sarah also got out of school this week. She finished her third year of college. She was so much happier this year than the first two years at the other college, it just wasn't a good fit and she was extremely unhappy all the time. She is now at the University of La Verne which is just about 15 minutes away from home so she has still lived at home. She has been accepted as a Resident Assistant for next year and she is really, really excited. She will finally get the full college experience. She will have her own dorm room (no roommate) and she will be given a 14 meal a week meal plan at no charge as payment for the position. That part makes me happy since it's about $11,000 to live on campus a year. I'm not really keen on her moving out, I will really miss her, but at least she will be close. In February she was hit by a drunk driver and her car was totaled And from that she has been suffering terribly with back and leg issues. She has some herniated discs. She is getting better but for the first several weeks she was in so much pain it was awful. She recently just won an award for her role last summer in "Cinderella" as the stepsister Joy. She was the only cast member in the show nominated - a very cool thing in her mom's opinion This summer she is a Pick-A-Little Lady in "Music Man" at the same theatre. She has her first boyfriend

Mark is working so much these days we hardly ever see him. I haven't decided if that's good or bad....LOL. In December one night after going to bed he got up and thought he was having a heart attack. Had to call 911 to take him to the hospital. After way too many hours in the ER they discovered it was his gallbladder. He was in the hospital for several days. But 3 days before Christmas he called me and said he was having the same pain as prior to the surgery so back to the ER we went. It was a long night again and they decided that he had a hematoma on his liver at the surgery site and was in the hospital again til Christimas day. Long, long story.....he ended back in the hospital (we went to a different one) The first hospital/surgeon screwed up....the hospital knew they sent him home with a bleed and no one wanted to be the one to fix it or admit to it. He is still struggling with his foot issues. It just doesn't want to heal. Everytime we think it's going to finally be done and it's been 8 years it flairs up again. He has gone to a Dr. at the 2nd hospital and he underwent a month of going daily to the hyperbariac chamber to get him ready for an experimental treatment. 2 weeks ago they started the treatment, they are injecting stem cells directly into the wound. So far it seems to be working, he has had 2 treatments and there is a huge improvement from the first one. I hate to say it but my sympathy level for him is very low....he has a hard time doing what the doctors tell him too and if he doesn't listen how can he possibly expect to get better??? He is however much, much better this time around.

Tired of reading yet???? LOL

I'm still working in the accounting office. I worked a lot of hours during tax season and then all of a sudden that came to a screeching halt and the last few weeks I've only worked 6 hours a week. I'm not complaining about the lack of hours, but I do miss the money I will actually be working there 20 years in August, so hard to believe. I actually resigned from the school holiday boutique this year, I didn't run it or participate. It was a really, really hard decision because I enjoyed it so much, but it was time to move on and let someone else take the reins. I was originally going to still participate but knowing myself as I do, I knew it would be so hard to just be a vendor and not want to keep telling them what to do. LOL. In January I also resigned from the theatre group that I had been treasurer of since it's inception (8 years). Sarah was no longer involved and unfortuantely I was really being taken advantage of, lots and lots of hours with no pay. I was actually spending more hours working on it than I actually did at my paying job. I did it because I loved it, but right at the end it just became a chore and I didn't want to end up hating everyone and everything about it. So after a lot of sole searching and counseling from a really good friend who knew everything that was involved, I quit. This is the first summer since Sarah was in the 4th grade that I haven't been involved in a huge summer production. It's going to be weird but I'm looking forward to not having anything that I have to do. I started knitting a little over a year ago and I absolutely love it! A friend taught me enough to get started and everything else I've managed to learn from watching YouTube. I've made a few baby blankets, beanies - both baby and adult, scarfs, baby booties, little purses and bags. I'm really hooked I'm still an SU demo but I don't know how much longer, I haven't even sat down to stamp for months. My last class was in February and I still haven't finished the left over projects from that and eveything is still waiting to get put away I'm hoping that when I do manage to sit down to stamp that it will help me decide what I want to do. It seems the only stamping I've done at all is to get ready for a class.

Well I think that catches us all up...sorry if I repeated something that I may have already told you at some point.

I do miss us all being on here daily. Facebook just isn't that same ... you have to weed thru too much, but I will admit that's where I do spend most of my time, I guess I'm just a follower....LOL

Love you all!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #1893
Postapalooza Mama

Bunny, Bunny, Bunny!!!

WOW! It's so great to hear from you! You & your whole family sure have
had an eventful year so far, & last year too! I cannot believe Trevor is now
a senior & it sure doesn't seem like Sarah has been in college for 3 years already. How does the time get away from us so fast?

So sorry to hear about all of Mark's health issues...there sure seems to be more than enough of that to go around. I'm happy to hear that he's now
getting some improvement with the new treatments on his foot. Sounds
like he might really be on a good path to recovery.

So many things changing for you too. I can understand your attachment
to both the holiday boutique & the theater production stuff cuz you really enjoyed being involved in both, but since your kids have long since moved on,
I think it's good that you did too. Especially cuz I know that you always went above & beyond for both things & too many times you were taken advantage of. You've earned the time off, & to try some fun new things just for you. Maybe you & Pixie could get together for a knitting session or 2.

I've missed you, so please don't stay away so long again, OK?

Love you too!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #1894
Postapalooza Mama

Bunny~

Funny that you asked about the baby. That night Kelly went into the hospital to be induced. They started with giving her something for over that night. I won't go into all the details but once they broker her water & started the pitosin early the next morning, things really started moving along & she was dilatedamundo () just before 2:00 in the afternoon. Her dr had her do some practice pushes first & then she pushed for really reals for about 2 1/2 hours before Violet Rose finally made her grand entrance into the outside world @4:54PM on May 29th. She weighed 6 lb. 9oz, & is 20 inches long, annnnddd she's beautiful!!! I will add that she had one of her arms sticking straight out when her head came out...kinda like SUPER BABY!!! Kel had some complications, so it was quite awhile before we could go in to see her & Violet but Chris did come out to the waiting room with a couple pics of Violet about 30 minutes after she was born. At the time he didn't tell us what was wrong with Kelly...just that her dr wanted us to wait awhile before we went in to see them. We did see her dr leaving & she stopped to talk to me before she left & told me that Violet was beautiful.

Chris spent the 1st night at the hospital (cool new rules for maternity) with her, & also the next 2 nights until they were all released.

I have some pics that I will send in an email...or 2.

Violet has already been in 2 photo shoots. LOL Seems that some very enterprising photographer got herself a gig doing newborn photo shoots
at the hospital...nothing like the simple 1 pose deal we had when our kids were born. Of course this gal has numerous "packages" available for varying
prices, like relatively affordable to very expensive, of course. Vi's shoot included 6 or 8 (maybe) poses. The least expensive package includes only 1 pose, & on up from there. Jeff's 28th birthday was May 30th but we weren't able to celebrate it with everyone until this past Monday...when Vi had her 2nd photo shoot. She first had on a super cute dress that Kel had planned for Violet to wear to her first social engagement (that being her Uncle Jeff's family birthday party). On Jeff & Kim's suggestion, Kel brought a few more outfits for Violet to change into for pics that Kim took. BTW, Jeff is absolutely beyond smitten with his new niece. Of course we all are, but I never quite pictured how her birth would affect Jeff so profoundly. Oh, & Kel made Jeff change Violet
into the outfit the he & Kim had given her...so a first for Jeff to be dressing a newborn baby. Too cute! Kel is chomping at the bit to make him change a diaper.

It's all just very fantastical & magical! The new baby in our family reminds
me again of the total miracle of birth, as I was reminded when both of my kids were born.

Kel & Chris had a glider/ottoman on their registry that nobody got for them.
I had gotten them a couple other "big" things & some other smaller things & just couldn't swing another big purchase. We had a rocking chair here that
has been in Jerry's family for around 100 years. We think his Mom had it reupholstered when he moved in with me 32-plus years ago cuz we had it in
the living room of our condo before we bought our house. I used it to sit in & feed & rock our babies. Jerry & I talked about letting Kel have it & she was happy about that but didn't like the fabric, so over the course of a few weekends & several trips to Joanne's, Jerry & I reupholstered the rocker in
a nice soft beige chenille, & Jeff used Kim's Jeep to bring it over to Kelly & Chris's house since it wouldn't fit in any other vehicle. When Jerry retires we
just might have a new gig as a furniture reupholstering team...or not. It sure was an experience that neither of us will forget.

Violet's room is NOT pink. Shocking, right? Well, the kids' had classic
Winnie the Pooh bedding that is so cute & sweet from "before". It's more
soft greens & some blues & tans. They painted the walls one of the greens in the bedding. Chris did a painting on a canvas of Pooh climbing a tree to get some honey. It's great! He has a bigger painting started but it may be awhile before that gets finished, as the kids' are now learning how sleep deprivation factors into their lives.

Violet's room decor does NOT mean there is no pink in her life. She has many outfits that involve pink. Shocking, I know. The funny part is that Chris
really loves to have his little girl dressed in pink. I never saw that coming! He is reaching the tail end of his time off of work & he has often been the one to pick out Violet's first outfit each day, & it almost always involves pink. YAY!!!

OMG! I don't even remember what time it was when I started this post, but I think it was about an hour ago. OK, so I took a little break in there too. I'm
gonna hit submit now before I bore you all any more.

Last edited by maryp; 06-07-2012 at 11:12 PM..
Old 06-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #1895
Postapalooza Mama

I don't understand why my computer sometimes does weird layouts to my posts as in cutting some lines shorter & moving the rest of the sentence to the next line. I tried a couple times to fix my last post but finally gave up
cuz it only lets me fix things sometimes.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #1896
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
Oh good! I haven't checked in for a bit and it is OK because no one posted anyway.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
*waves to Deborah*

I miss you, my friend!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #1897
Postapalooza Mama

*hopes one of my Lovely HYENas posts here soon*

Good night my Lovely HYENas...wherever you are...sweet dreams!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #1898
Postapalooza Mama

Congrats to Jami for her new TE stamp set design!!! It's FAB!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #1899
Postapalooza Mama

I'm trying to get some of my Lovely HYENas to post here.

It's become apparent to me that at least some of my Lovely HYENas would love to have a postapalooza here. If not that, at least some of you would like to see some posts from our Lovely HYENas. I can only do so much to get you &$%@*, I mean girls to post here. Love you all!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #1900
Stazon Splitcoast

I Love all of the baby details. Some makes me chuckle. And, the pink! She is going to be spoiled.

I will have to check out Jami's things when I'm on the computer.

Bunny is sick. We are guessing he ate the carpet at the friend's house that took care of him while we were gone. At least he is eating now but he has meds for 6 more days. Spendy little problem.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #1901
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone.... been forever since I have been here. Just popping in to say hi. I survived my last year of teaching 5th grade. I have been given 1st next year but it looks like we will be moving to Manteca, Ca. We are in the process of buying a bigger house. I will keep you posted promise.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #1902
Postapalooza Mama

Hi Aubs!

I've been wondering what your teaching status would be at this point. Are you excited to go back to the younger kids? With the move, will you still be
in the same district for your current school?

That's exciting news about getting a bigger house!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #1903
Postapalooza Mama

Hey Sassy~

Thanks for the drive by!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #1904
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi Aubs!

I've been wondering what your teaching status would be at this point. Are you excited to go back to the younger kids? With the move, will you still be
in the same district for your current school?

That's exciting news about getting a bigger house!

If we get the house I have to find a new job it is 2 hours away. No luck in finding anything yet either. I am freaking out about it too.

If we don't get the house I go back to babies 1st grade and we stay here another year I guess. But have sold half our stuff bought all new furniture (that is stacked in the living room while the old stuff is being used too) so we better get the house. Very few steps left and they are pretty easy ones but ya never know.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #1905
Stazon Splitcoast

That is exciting news. I hope it goes through for you and that you can find a job in the new area.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #1906
Stazon Splitcoast

It has been a great summer so far. I've had trouble getting back into the swing of things since our return but that is OK too. The kids are going to be having cupcake wars tomorrow. They are excited for it and are thinking about what they are going to do. I have to run to the store in the morning to get whatever they think they need that I don't have already.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #1907
Stazon Splitcoast

The week has been busy. The twins and I went to see Brave tonight. It was a decent movie. Watching the drafts now.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #1908
Postapalooza Mama

I'll post more later but raise your hand if you want to see some more pics of Violet. She smiles now...on purpose...not just cuz she has gas.

Don't feel bad if you don't wanna see more Vi pics I can be OK with that.

Last edited by maryp; 07-04-2012 at 11:54 PM..
Old 07-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #1909
Stazon Splitcoast

*raises hand*

Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #1910
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm whipped! Summer is way more exhausting than a school year. These crazy people in my house stay up until the wee hours. I just sent them to bed. I went at 11:30 and fell asleep quickly. I kept waking up because of light from the computer monitor, kitchen lights and family room lights. The two rooms shine into the bay window in our bedroom. Now I'm awake because I slept too much.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #1911
Postapalooza Mama

*taps Deborah on the shoulder*

Psssssst...What are you doing up at this hour?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #1912
Stazon Splitcoast

I had to take one of the kids to the dentist this morning for sealants. I woke up one of the twins thinking it was her that had to return. She told her sister that she got her sealants. I had to call the dentist to see who I was supposed to bring since I didn't note it on my calendar. In my defense, 5 of us had our teeth cleaned last week.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #1913
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
*taps Deborah on the shoulder*

Psssssst...What are you doing up at this hour?
Probably being grumpy that I am but there is no one up in the house anymore to know for sure.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #1914
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
I'm whipped! Summer is way more exhausting than a school year. These crazy people in my house stay up until the wee hours. I just sent them to bed. I went at 11:30 and fell asleep quickly. I kept waking up because of light from the computer monitor, kitchen lights and family room lights. The two rooms shine into the bay window in our bedroom. Now I'm awake because I slept too much.
That 'splains it.

Kids today. *shakes head*

I'm guessing with the crazy people in your house gaining in age it's harder to enforce a bedtime for them, especially when you're tired yourself. AND there isn't the "school night" rule to fall back on & help keep 'em in line.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #1915
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That 'splains it.

Kids today. *shakes head*

I'm guessing with the crazy people in your house gaining in age it's harder to enforce a bedtime for them, especially when you're tired yourself. AND there isn't the "school night" rule to fall back on & help keep 'em in line.
I'm pretty laid back on what time they go to bed as long as they don't sleep past 10, which is pretty late, if you ask me.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #1916
Stazon Splitcoast

How is sweet, little Vi doing?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #1917
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
I had to take one of the kids to the dentist this morning for sealants. I woke up one of the twins thinking it was her that had to return. She told her sister that she got her sealants. I had to call the dentist to see who I was supposed to bring since I didn't note it on my calendar. In my defense, 5 of us had our teeth cleaned last week.
*giggles a little bit*

Sorry about the kid confusion.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #1918
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
Probably being grumpy that I am but there is no one up in the house anymore to know for sure.
{{{HUGS}}}
Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #1919
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
I'm pretty laid back on what time they go to bed as long as they don't sleep past 10, which is pretty late, if you ask me.
Hmmm...I think you're being very reasonable about wake up time.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #1920
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
*giggles a little bit*

Sorry about the kid confusion.
My husband said, "I thought you were the involved parent."