Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2807Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #3801
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I'm thrilled with how well it cuts intricate items. Really nice ... not to mention the *real* circles. I cut those the other day ... yes ... *real* circles.

I'm really happy with the cuts available through the site, too. I found some great card cuts ... and it's nice to have the score lines cut for me. I like that I can design something and actually put the score lines on there. Yeah ... needless to say, I'm happy with the Cameo.
Wait a minute.....what caught my eye here is the scoring part. It scores all the score lines FOR YOU!?! After scoring by had 36 coffins and 36 coffin lids today (Joey wanted to help me fold them, so I thought that taking the time to score everything would be a good thing), I would love to have them all scored for me....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #3802
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm thrilled with how well it cuts intricate items. Really nice ... not to mention the *real* circles. I cut those the other day ... yes ... *real* circles.

I'm really happy with the cuts available through the site, too. I found some great card cuts ... and it's nice to have the score lines cut for me. I like that I can design something and actually put the score lines on there. Yeah ... needless to say, I'm happy with the Cameo.
Wow! I didn't realize it was that precise! I have heard it cuts vellum and vinyl very well. I did not know it would cut your score lines too; that is awesome! Is that automatic or do you have the option of asking for that?

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #3803
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Wait a minute.....what caught my eye here is the scoring part. It scores all the score lines FOR YOU!?! After scoring by had 36 coffins and 36 coffin lids today (Joey wanted to help me fold them, so I thought that taking the time to score everything would be a good thing), I would love to have them all scored for me....
My thoughts exactly!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #3804
Stazon Splitcoast

I made pumpkin spice muffins this am and sent them to work with dh. He has some older ladies coming in this am, so I thought they might like them. And the boys in the office too, but they'll eat anything, lol.

I watched the Giants win the series last night, so now they'll be playing my Tigers on Wed in game 1 of the World Series. I like them, but as a Tiger fan I want them to win more, lol.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #3805
Glitter Guru

cold windy SNOWY day here today, we are actually under a SNOWFALL WARNING!!! We have some hunters from Illinois up here duck hunting, I think they will be froze up this morning.

Yesterday I was going to sew, need to quilt Codys quilt. but then decided I had better make some cards that I need int he next few weeks, which led me to print off some ideas, which led me to the office. Seeing the mess int he office I decided I had better clean it up, which led to me doing up the farm books for this quarter. So now the office is nice and clean, the books are all caught up, and I can now play guilt free!!

I was talking to my MIL the other day, and she was commenting on how beautiful my quilts are, and asked if I planned on making more. I told her I did have a few more in mind, but would like to get the Quilt table (a plexiglass side table that sits at the same height at the machine, and extends your working space) for my sewing machine before I made too many, it would just make it that much easier. So she come in here yesterday with a cheque, tells me to go and get myself one as an early christmas present, seeing as she never knows what to get me anyway!!!

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #3806
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I made pumpkin spice muffins this am and sent them to work with dh. He has some older ladies coming in this am, so I thought they might like them. And the boys in the office too, but they'll eat anything, lol.

I watched the Giants win the series last night, so now they'll be playing my Tigers on Wed in game 1 of the World Series. I like them, but as a Tiger fan I want them to win more, lol.
Those muffins sound yummy!

Rooting for you Tigers!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #3807
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
cold windy SNOWY day here today, we are actually under a SNOWFALL WARNING!!! We have some hunters from Illinois up here duck hunting, I think they will be froze up this morning.

Yesterday I was going to sew, need to quilt Codys quilt. but then decided I had better make some cards that I need int he next few weeks, which led me to print off some ideas, which led me to the office. Seeing the mess int he office I decided I had better clean it up, which led to me doing up the farm books for this quarter. So now the office is nice and clean, the books are all caught up, and I can now play guilt free!!

I was talking to my MIL the other day, and she was commenting on how beautiful my quilts are, and asked if I planned on making more. I told her I did have a few more in mind, but would like to get the Quilt table (a plexiglass side table that sits at the same height at the machine, and extends your working space) for my sewing machine before I made too many, it would just make it that much easier. So she come in here yesterday with a cheque, tells me to go and get myself one as an early christmas present, seeing as gshe never knows what to get me anyway!!!
I can't believe how cold you all get so quickly!

That is awesome that your MIL did that for! I take it things are better now?

Old 10-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #3808
Stazon Splitcoast

Having a great time in the mountains. Heading out on the motorcycle soon. Really enjoying the weather and peace and quiet.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #3809
Total Quack

Quote:

I was talking to my MIL the other day, and she was commenting on how beautiful my quilts are, and asked if I planned on making more. I told her I did have a few more in mind, but would like to get the Quilt table (a plexiglass side table that sits at the same height at the machine, and extends your working space) for my sewing machine before I made too many, it would just make it that much easier. So she come in here yesterday with a cheque, tells me to go and get myself one as an early christmas present, seeing as she never knows what to get me anyway!!!

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have mentioned that I love snow, right??? At least ONCE??

Oh, how wonderful!!! Perhaps your mil is hinting that she wants one of your beautiful quilts. Whatever the reason, I'm excited for you about getting the extension.

Photography Site

Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #3810
Total Quack

Ok .... Scoring on the Cameo ... YES. I love it.

It actually puts perforated lines where you need to score - and it makes it SO easy to score. The lines are available for you to put in your own designs and are actually included in many of the designs you can get from the Silhouette site. I cut a 5-sided accordion-fold card the other day, and it was a breeze to fold it with the lines already done. I also cut a little 'present' card that had a little envelope with it. The lines for the envelope were also scored, and it was awesome. When you are adding a line to a design of your own (or tweaking someone else's design), you can select the type of line to be cut. Awesome, I'm telling you ... totally awesome.

Photography Site

Old 10-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #3811
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
As you probably saw on FB, I've got major issues with people that are choosing not to vote. They don't like the choices. Well .... neither do I. I can't stand either one of them, but I needed to vote. I must be a big girl, make an educated choice, and vote.
so agree with this...
Old 10-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #3812
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ok .... I finished the dress. Super simple, but it was a challenge for me for some reason. I was going to put lace around the bottom - we found the cutest heart lace to put on it - but we don't have enough. It goes a little more than 1/2 way around the bottom. I may try to find some more if we have time on Monday, but things are so very busy right now. Anyway ... here it is ....
Its darling!, well she is darling in it...Great Job Shell.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #3813
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

It actually puts perforated lines where you need to score - and it makes it SO easy to score. The lines are available for you to put in your own designs and are actually included in many of the designs you can get from the Silhouette site. I cut a 5-sided accordion-fold card the other day, and it was a breeze to fold it with the lines already done. I also cut a little 'present' card that had a little envelope with it. The lines for the envelope were also scored, and it was awesome. When you are adding a line to a design of your own (or tweaking someone else's design), you can select the type of line to be cut. Awesome, I'm telling you ... totally awesome.
hmmm...sounds nice...what software do you design with you might have mentioned it but my old brain cant remember.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #3814
Stazon Splitcoast

finally all caught up. Had a wonderful weekend up in Duluth...we did so much in such a short time..

Drove to Duluth Wednesday and we went to a maritime museum, watched large ships come in and out of port, toured the Coast Guard Museum with my DD's SIL... went to, Gooseberry Falls State park, Split rock Light house Historical society site, Split rock State park, Fri we drove 3 hrs up the whole MN length of Lake superior went to the Grand Portage national monument, Toms trading post got some great gift items and mementos, drove over to Superior, Wisc. to get a Burger...(a great burger) on Fri night, and finished up at a local park and Railroad museum on Sat... every night the boys and DH enjoyed the pool.. I soaked in the hot tub Th cause it was a hiking kind of day...

I took over 300 pictures...it was a nice little vacation.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #3815
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I hope your snow warning goes away, it's too early for that! Kudos to you on getting things cleaned up, have fun playing!! And about your interaction with your MIL, wow. That's all I can think of at the moment. Wow. Wonder what's up with that, but have fun sewing after you get the extender...
Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #3816
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Those muffins sound yummy!

Rooting for you Tigers!
Thanks, and thanks!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #3817
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I thought about that machine last year and ended up getting the E2, because I've got so much invested in the carts....but that is awesome!!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #3818
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Having a great time in the mountains. Heading out on the motorcycle soon. Really enjoying the weather and peace and quiet.
So glad you're enjoying your quiet time.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #3819
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have mentioned that I love snow, right??? At least ONCE??

Oh, how wonderful!!! Perhaps your mil is hinting that she wants one of your beautiful quilts. Whatever the reason, I'm excited for you about getting the extension.
Maybe once or twice....
Old 10-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #3820
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
finally all caught up. Had a wonderful weekend up in Duluth...we did so much in such a short time..

Drove to Duluth Wednesday and we went to a maritime museum, watched large ships come in and out of port, toured the Coast Guard Museum with my DD's SIL... went to, Gooseberry Falls State park, Split rock Light house Historical society site, Split rock State park, Fri we drove 3 hrs up the whole MN length of Lake superior went to the Grand Portage national monument, Toms trading post got some great gift items and mementos, drove over to Superior, Wisc. to get a Burger...(a great burger) on Fri night, and finished up at a local park and Railroad museum on Sat... every night the boys and DH enjoyed the pool.. I soaked in the hot tub Th cause it was a hiking kind of day...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time together! What a fun trip.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #3821
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Molly.. we did...now I need to get creative I have stuff I need to mail....
Old 10-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #3822
Glitter Guru

Quote:

so glad to hear you had a great time. lots of driving, and lots of pictures to cherish

My Creative Side

Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #3823
Glitter Guru

you girls can have all my snow, cause snow means cold, 32 degrees F right now, went to the city today, forgot to wear my fleece jacket under my other one, froze!!!

Went to my quilt shop, got my table!!! get back to the trcuk, hubby syas what is that, so I told him, he says he was going to get me one for Christmas. I asked him is he wanted me to take it back so he could. He said it was fine, but now he has to come up with something else to get me

My Creative Side

Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #3824
Total Quack

Ok ... I'm copy/pasting my post I made on the Quackers' thread. I don't have the energy to retype it ... I think you'll understand ...

Oh my word ... what a day.

Woke up with a start this morning. Jaydin was fussing because she couldn't find her earring back and her ear was hurting. I got up to look at it and found the earring back .... IN the earring hole. (it was one of the little rubber backs) So, we headed out to immediate care as soon as we got everything ready for the day. As I was getting ready, one of my adult leaders in iQuest FB messaged me and said that she had a sick child and she wasn't going to be at church tonight. She's the leader of the 3s and 4s class - and had done no preparation to have things ready if someone else had to take over. Argh.

On the way out the door ... Jonah had a nose bleed.....

The doctor was very nice, and he got the back out very quickly. That went ok, and we headed to get my mom.

We went to lunch and Toys R Us. I dropped Mom off at Macy's, and I went to get my hair trimmed. Last time (only a month ago), the girl didn't cut it short enough around the cow-lick I have in the back, and it was really, really wonky. I also had the girl help me with a style that would be cute for formal night. It's combed back on top and spikey in the back. That turned out really well.

When I came out of getting my hair done (the kids stayed in the truck by choice), Jonah had a gushing nose bleed. ARGH!!!! Got that cleaned up and went to get Mom. Dropped by Office Depot to get business card paper and magnet sheets to make some things for Mark's deacon families (he just decided TODAY that he wanted to do those .... BEFORE we leave.

Then, we hit WalMart. While there, another adult leader (the leader of the Kindergarten group) called and said that her son was running a fever. Thankfully, she had everything done for the night and dropped it off at the church for the other workers.

While in Sam's, ANOTHER adult leader called and said that she had bronchitis. She asked if I had heard from one of the leaders in her class (she works in the 1st-2nd grade group) because the other leader is not dependable. I told her no, so she said she was going to still come. I told her that she needed to take care of herself and stay home, but she insisted on coming. She called a little while later (after supper) and said that her mom (has cancer) wasn't doing well and that she needed to stay with her. I hope she was able to rest and feel better while she helped her mom!

The adult leader she asked about didn't come, either ... nor did the preschool coordinator (who is paid to be there....). I found out about the preschool coordinator as I was gathering supplies for the 3s and 4s to use in their class.

So ... it was a very, very chaotic night to say the very least.

Photography Site

Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #3825
Total Quack

Quote:
Its darling!, well she is darling in it...Great Job Shell.

Thank you, Kathy! Looks better with the lace! LOL!

Photography Site

Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #3826
Total Quack

Quote:

Oh, that sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you were able to do that and enjoy that time.

Photography Site

Old 10-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #3827
Total Quack

Quote:
I thought about that machine last year and ended up getting the E2, because I've got so much invested in the carts....but that is awesome!!

Yeah, and I stopped buying carts 2 (?) years ago. I still have 35 of them and the kids can use either of the Cricuts if they want/need something. I'm very glad that I chose my Cameo. It's been a great investment so far.

Photography Site

Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #3828
Total Quack

Quote:
Maybe once or twice....

Ah ... good .... wouldn't want to keep my friends in the dark about these things.

Photography Site

Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #3829
Total Quack

Quote:
you girls can have all my snow, cause snow means cold, 32 degrees F right now, went to the city today, forgot to wear my fleece jacket under my other one, froze!!!

Went to my quilt shop, got my table!!! get back to the trcuk, hubby syas what is that, so I told him, he says he was going to get me one for Christmas. I asked him is he wanted me to take it back so he could. He said it was fine, but now he has to come up with something else to get me

LOL! Our temps are pretty nice right now ... upper 70s for highs. We'll be in the 80s next week in Orlando.

Yippee!!!!!!!! So glad you got it already.

Hmmmm .... I'm thinking you can come up with a few things he can get you ... can't you????

Photography Site

Old 10-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #3830
Total Quack

Where the heck is Diana?????

Photography Site

Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #3831
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my goodness Shell...I hope you survived with a smile on your face....

Today I had to run to my FIL because he wanted a picture of his door knob to be emailed to the manufacturer...so they could replace it.
Then ran to the PO so I could get some mailing envelopes so I could mail some gifts to my DGS for Halloween... when I got home I kept calling my son to find out what he was doing upstairs...next thing I know he says OH my your here...seems the toilet got plugged and he didn't know what to do the toilet over flowed and really flooded everything.. had to clean up the mess and do some laundry and other stuff so I could get to the church on time for our Trunk or treat activity...had to leave over and hr earlier than normal and be in costume and have dinner fixed...it was crazy but a fun evening and DS has been taught how to shut water off , where the plunger is kept and, how to stop the toilet from running water quickly...

it was Fun!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #3832
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I know.. I think I need to send an email!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #3833
Stazon Splitcoast

I did make my DGS Halloween cards...using "Bump in the Night!" I think they turned out very cute.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #3834
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Diana!

...my DD made her homemade Butterfingers up this last weekend and she Loved them!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #3835
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That's crazy that the temps are so different. We're supposed to get a record high for this time of year, 77 degrees today (and yesterday). And then back to the 40's and 50's...
Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #3836
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ok ... I'm copy/pasting my post I made on the Quackers' thread. I don't have the energy to retype it ... I think you'll understand ...

Oh my word ... what a day.

Woke up with a start this morning. Jaydin was fussing because she couldn't find her earring back and her ear was hurting. I got up to look at it and found the earring back .... IN the earring hole. (it was one of the little rubber backs) So, we headed out to immediate care as soon as we got everything ready for the day. As I was getting ready, one of my adult leaders in iQuest FB messaged me and said that she had a sick child and she wasn't going to be at church tonight. She's the leader of the 3s and 4s class - and had done no preparation to have things ready if someone else had to take over. Argh.

On the way out the door ... Jonah had a nose bleed.....

The doctor was very nice, and he got the back out very quickly. That went ok, and we headed to get my mom.

We went to lunch and Toys R Us. I dropped Mom off at Macy's, and I went to get my hair trimmed. Last time (only a month ago), the girl didn't cut it short enough around the cow-lick I have in the back, and it was really, really wonky. I also had the girl help me with a style that would be cute for formal night. It's combed back on top and spikey in the back. That turned out really well.

When I came out of getting my hair done (the kids stayed in the truck by choice), Jonah had a gushing nose bleed. ARGH!!!! Got that cleaned up and went to get Mom. Dropped by Office Depot to get business card paper and magnet sheets to make some things for Mark's deacon families (he just decided TODAY that he wanted to do those .... BEFORE we leave.

Then, we hit WalMart. While there, another adult leader (the leader of the Kindergarten group) called and said that her son was running a fever. Thankfully, she had everything done for the night and dropped it off at the church for the other workers.

While in Sam's, ANOTHER adult leader called and said that she had bronchitis. She asked if I had heard from one of the leaders in her class (she works in the 1st-2nd grade group) because the other leader is not dependable. I told her no, so she said she was going to still come. I told her that she needed to take care of herself and stay home, but she insisted on coming. She called a little while later (after supper) and said that her mom (has cancer) wasn't doing well and that she needed to stay with her. I hope she was able to rest and feel better while she helped her mom!

The adult leader she asked about didn't come, either ... nor did the preschool coordinator (who is paid to be there....). I found out about the preschool coordinator as I was gathering supplies for the 3s and 4s to use in their class.

So ... it was a very, very chaotic night to say the very least.
What a busy day! So sorry about all of the leaders, hope they're all feeling better soon, and they're really going to miss you when you're on vacation. Hope your kids are doing better, too.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #3837
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ah ... good .... wouldn't want to keep my friends in the dark about these things.
I'm sure we'll have some for you to play in soon.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #3838
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I was wondering that too!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #3839
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Today I had to run to my FIL because he wanted a picture of his door knob to be emailed to the manufacturer...so they could replace it.
Then ran to the PO so I could get some mailing envelopes so I could mail some gifts to my DGS for Halloween... when I got home I kept calling my son to find out what he was doing upstairs...next thing I know he says OH my your here...seems the toilet got plugged and he didn't know what to do the toilet over flowed and really flooded everything.. had to clean up the mess and do some laundry and other stuff so I could get to the church on time for our Trunk or treat activity...had to leave over and hr earlier than normal and be in costume and have dinner fixed...it was crazy but a fun evening and DS has been taught how to shut water off , where the plunger is kept and, how to stop the toilet from running water quickly...

it was Fun!
I bet your ds was really relieved when you got home. What a mess. Sounds like you had a busy and fun evening.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #3840
Total Quack

Quote:

it was Fun!

Oh my!!! I'm so sorry you had such a mess to clean up and deal with. Great lesson for your son, though! LOL!!! I'm glad you had a fun evening at church.

Photography Site