Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2521Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #3761
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
I had a long post typed last night and poof I hit another button somewhere on my Android and lost it all! So, I decided to recap shortly what I wanted to say..

Conni, so sorry for all the issues you are going thru w/MIL. I hope you can resolve it so you all can get along. Sounds like you got some good card therapy though!

Shell, I totally agree w/you about voting..IMO if you don't vote then don't whine about the candidate who is chosen...I say to those to "shut the pietrap!"

Love the dress you made for Jaydin. BTW, have fun on your trip. You should have pretty good weather here. What ports are you visting?

Kathy, hope all is going good for you. I hope you are on the mend.

Diana, well, where the heck are you???

Molly, I hope they find out soon what is going on with Joey.

As for me. Well, I am packing and just about ready to load the truck to head for the cabin. I can't wait to get up there! I am waiting on DH to come home so we can finish everything. I was off today and had to run errands and get last minute stuff done.

Have a fun week everyone!
Have a great time at the cabin!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #3762
Stazon Splitcoast

Heard from the dr's office that Joey has a benign looking nodule on his throat, and that they're going to check it again in 6 months. His dr is out of the office until Tues, because "benign looking" isn't really something that makes me feel ok about the situation...but then there's the whole fiasco with the insurance company, so it's unlikely the office would work with us anyway......
Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #3763
Stazon Splitcoast

Joey went to movie night at school tonight. It really should be called chaos night instead, lol. They have a couple of intermissions where kids can get some pizza, popcorn, candy, water, things like that for really resonable prices and use the bathroom too. It was delayed a little tonight because they had a problem with the sound and the projector. I went to pick him up and was stuck there for an hour until the movie ended....but I survived, lol. And Joey had a great time, along with the other kids too. Thank goodness it'll be awhile until the next one.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #3764
Stazon Splitcoast

I went to the grocery store tonight after dh got home and we had dinner. There were a bunch of zombies there! lol Apparently there was something downtown, they were trying to have the most zombies in one place or something like that, and some of them stopped at the grocery store, lol. It amused me, anyway....lol.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #3765
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, and the most important thing today - University of Michigan beat Michigan State University in football today!!! Can't wait to rub that in to my brother.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #3766
Total Quack

Quote:

Shell, I totally agree w/you about voting..IMO if you don't vote then don't whine about the candidate who is chosen...I say to those to "shut the pietrap!"

Love the dress you made for Jaydin. BTW, have fun on your trip. You should have pretty good weather here. What ports are you visting?

As for me. Well, I am packing and just about ready to load the truck to head for the cabin. I can't wait to get up there! I am waiting on DH to come home so we can finish everything. I was off today and had to run errands and get last minute stuff done.

Yeah, I agree, but I want people to vote, even so. I'm so tired of them saying that they won't complain, but just don't want to vote because they hate both candidates. Argh.

Thank you. I'm going to put lace on the bottom of it tomorrow. I didn't have enough to go around when I was doing it the other day. We were disappointed, but the dress was still cute. She will really be excited about it now.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #3767
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I would too, but the one that they are insisting we go to does NOT have a good rep...

Oh, yikes. Yeah, that's not good.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #3768
Total Quack

Quote:
That's the best part of making something.

You are indeed correct about that!

Old 10-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #3769
Total Quack

Quote:
I called the insurance company today, and it all went downhill from there. It's going to be a long process, and I'm most likely going to lose. It's sooooo frustrating. I need to go into an office on Mon or Tues to see what I can do, but it's not looking good. I do not want to go to an office that does not have a good rep, for any reason.

I'm so sorry, Molly. I hope you get it all worked out easier than you expect.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #3770
Total Quack

Quote:
Heard from the dr's office that Joey has a benign looking nodule on his throat, and that they're going to check it again in 6 months. His dr is out of the office until Tues, because "benign looking" isn't really something that makes me feel ok about the situation...but then there's the whole fiasco with the insurance company, so it's unlikely the office would work with us anyway......

Yikes. That is a scary sound. I hope you are able to find someone to work with you and someone that cares about Joey and his situation regardless of ridiculous insurance.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #3771
Total Quack

Quote:
Joey went to movie night at school tonight. It really should be called chaos night instead, lol. They have a couple of intermissions where kids can get some pizza, popcorn, candy, water, things like that for really resonable prices and use the bathroom too. It was delayed a little tonight because they had a problem with the sound and the projector. I went to pick him up and was stuck there for an hour until the movie ended....but I survived, lol. And Joey had a great time, along with the other kids too. Thank goodness it'll be awhile until the next one.

Sounds like that was a very good experience for him. I don't think I would do well with the chaos, though. LOL!

Old 10-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #3772
Total Quack

Quote:
I went to the grocery store tonight after dh got home and we had dinner. There were a bunch of zombies there! lol Apparently there was something downtown, they were trying to have the most zombies in one place or something like that, and some of them stopped at the grocery store, lol. It amused me, anyway....lol.

Ha! That sounds like a lot of fun. I would have taken pictures.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #3773
Stazon Splitcoast

Molly, glad the nodule is benign. Like you though I would be a bit uneasy. Will tell you though that DH has had nodules come and go on his throat. His is thyroid related. Doctor told him very common.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #3774
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Ditto on that!

Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #3775
Stazon Splitcoast

We arrived at the cabin Sat morning at 3:30 am. Got to bed around 4:30 am Got up around 9 am and realized we forgot to bring our leather riding jackets! We were so anxious to leave that we forgot the most important piece of riding gear! Went to Walmart and got a cheap warm jacket that I can put under my rain gear coat to break the wind. At least we have our chaps. Too funny!

Heading to the Apple Festival today. Yesterday we hung out at a Mexican restaraunt and split an order ofnfajitas while we watched the Gators beat South Carolina! 44 to 11!!!!! We have to beat GA next week now! We might be up for a Natl championship!

Molly Congrats on your team winning too!

Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #3776
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Home today. I am planning to finish that blasted dress.
ok, I am sorry I have to ask, did you get it finished???

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 10-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #3777
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Ok .... I finished the dress. Super simple, but it was a challenge for me for some reason. I was going to put lace around the bottom - we found the cutest heart lace to put on it - but we don't have enough. It goes a little more than 1/2 way around the bottom. I may try to find some more if we have time on Monday, but things are so very busy right now. Anyway ... here it is ....
I see i spoke too soon, it looks great, and I think by yht look on her face she loves it.

One question, what type of thread do you use (I can see your stash of thread behind Jaydin)

My Creative Side

Old 10-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #3778
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Joey's procedure went well today, the tech got some good pictures of the lump. Hopefully soon we'll find out the results.

And when we got home, I found a letter in the mailbox from the insurance....stating that Joey's dr office no longer participates with his insurance as of 10/1, but I talked to them a couple of days ago because they had his dr info wrong, and nothing was said. So now I have to call them and argue with them.......I'm not wanting to change dr offices, and especially not to one that's a good 20 min away.....especially with all of this going on.....
what a pain that must be to have to deal with

My Creative Side

Old 10-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #3779
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I had a long post typed last night and poof I hit another button somewhere on my Android and lost it all! So, I decided to recap shortly what I wanted to say..

Conni, so sorry for all the issues you are going thru w/MIL. I hope you can resolve it so you all can get along. Sounds like you got some good card therapy though!

Kathy, hope all is going good for you. I hope you are on the mend.

Diana, well, where the heck are you???

Molly, I hope they find out soon what is going on with Joey.

enjoy your time at the cabin, for me there is no better place than the cabin, it is SO relaxing

My Creative Side

Old 10-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #3780
Glitter Guru

Quote:
We arrived at the cabin Sat morning at 3:30 am. Got to bed around 4:30 am Got up around 9 am and realized we forgot to bring our leather riding jackets! We were so anxious to leave that we forgot the most important piece of riding gear! Went to Walmart and got a cheap warm jacket that I can put under my rain gear coat to break the wind. At least we have our chaps. Too funny!

Heading to the Apple Festival today. Yesterday we hung out at a Mexican restaraunt and split an order ofnfajitas while we watched the Gators beat South Carolina! 44 to 11!!!!! We have to beat GA next week now! We might be up for a Natl championship!

that totally sounds like something I would do, get so excited to get going that I forget the most important things

My Creative Side

Old 10-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #3781
Glitter Guru

Had a girls day out yesterday, went to the RIder game with my girlfriend, the one with the twins, she also has a 7 year old, and wanted to spend some time with her, seiing as now the twins are around they dont get very much time together. So we both took our daughters and made a girls day. Had the worst time trying to find a restaurant after the game though, 20 minute wait was the shortest, so we ended up eatting at Dairy Queen, because by that time the girls were just starved.

I got Codys quilt top all together on Thursday, and then didnt touch at at all Friday, he got home from school and see this and says "so you did nothing today" of course to him, cooking and cleaning and running around for my hubby is nothing, lol

My Creative Side

Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #3782
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the opportunity to sell my older Expression. It is in great condition and I still have the Pink E if I decide to sell the other one. The older one is the one I did not upgrade cuz 8 use for SCAL. So, should I sell it and take the money and put towards a Silhouette Cameo to use with SCAL and/or MTC? Or do I just keep it? What would you do?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #3783
Stazon Splitcoast

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
Had a girls day out yesterday, went to the RIder game with my girlfriend, the one with the twins, she also has a 7 year old, and wanted to spend some time with her, seiing as now the twins are around they dont get very much time together. So we both took our daughters and made a girls day. Had the worst time trying to find a restaurant after the game though, 20 minute wait was the shortest, so we ended up eatting at Dairy Queen, because by that time the girls were just starved.

I got Codys quilt top all together on Thursday, and then didnt touch at at all Friday, he got home from school and see this and says "so you did nothing today" of course to him, cooking and cleaning and running around for my hubby is nothing, lol
Sounds like you had a fun time.

Too funny how kids think.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #3784
Total Quack

Quote:

Oh my!! I can't believe you forgot those. I'm glad you have an alternative. I hope you have a great time at the festival!

Yes .. please beat Georgia....

Old 10-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #3785
Total Quack

Quote:
ok, I am sorry I have to ask, did you get it finished???

I did!!! And ... today, I put lace on the bottom - not needed, but super cute.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #3786
Total Quack

Quote:
I see i spoke too soon, it looks great, and I think by yht look on her face she loves it.

One question, what type of thread do you use (I can see your stash of thread behind Jaydin)

She likes it even better now since it has the lace on it. I'm glad it's what she wants it to be.

The thread behind Jaydin is embroidery thread. I have TONS of that. There are 4 holders on the wall, too.

The other thread that I use is ... ummm ... white .... ummm ... heavy duty? I'd have to look at the brand. I'm not sure what that is.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #3787
Total Quack

Quote:

Sounds like fun. Glad you were all able to do that.

LOL! Yeah ... if it doesn't directly affect them....

Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #3788
Total Quack

Quote:
I have the opportunity to sell my older Expression. It is in great condition and I still have the Pink E if I decide to sell the other one. The older one is the one I did not upgrade cuz 8 use for SCAL. So, should I sell it and take the money and put towards a Silhouette Cameo to use with SCAL and/or MTC? Or do I just keep it? What would you do?

I think selling it is a great idea. I hope you make enough to really help you out. I LOVE my Cameo. It's a great machine.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #3789
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I would say if you are turley thinking about upgrading anyway, then sell and use the money towards it, I am sure you wont regret it, and you also wont have stuff sitting around unused

My Creative Side

Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #3790
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think selling it is a great idea. I hope you make enough to really help you out. I LOVE my Cameo. It's a great machine.
Kind of what I am thinking. I think it would be a good investment for me. I am seeing a lot of things or cuts that interest me with the SC.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #3791
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I would say if you are turley thinking about upgrading anyway, then sell and use the money towards it, I am sure you wont regret it, and you also wont have stuff sitting around unused
True.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #3792
Total Quack

Quote:
Kind of what I am thinking. I think it would be a good investment for me. I am seeing a lot of things or cuts that interest me with the SC.

I'm thrilled with how well it cuts intricate items. Really nice ... not to mention the *real* circles. I cut those the other day ... yes ... *real* circles.

I'm really happy with the cuts available through the site, too. I found some great card cuts ... and it's nice to have the score lines cut for me. I like that I can design something and actually put the score lines on there. Yeah ... needless to say, I'm happy with the Cameo.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #3793
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yeah, I agree, but I want people to vote, even so. I'm so tired of them saying that they won't complain, but just don't want to vote because they hate both candidates. Argh.

Thank you. I'm going to put lace on the bottom of it tomorrow. I didn't have enough to go around when I was doing it the other day. We were disappointed, but the dress was still cute. She will really be excited about it now.
Exactly. Especially at the local level, which many people around here simply don't care about. I don't get that. We have to live in this state, this county, this city, why not do something for it and vote for things/people that will be good for our community? Or get rid of someone/something we don't support?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #3794
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yikes. That is a scary sound. I hope you are able to find someone to work with you and someone that cares about Joey and his situation regardless of ridiculous insurance.
I have to go in sometime this week. I'm NOT looking forward to it...
Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #3795
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sounds like that was a very good experience for him. I don't think I would do well with the chaos, though. LOL!
Same here! That's why I left him there with his friends (and supervised, lol) and came back at the end....what should've been the end had there not been the technical difficulties, lol. I don't know how they do it, but kudos to them!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #3796
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My hands were full because I was on my way out, and I saw them checking out where there was a bunch of stuff in the way. But I thought about getting pictures, lol.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #3797
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Molly, glad the nodule is benign. Like you though I would be a bit uneasy. Will tell you though that DH has had nodules come and go on his throat. His is thyroid related. Doctor told him very common.
They did bloodwork that included the thyroid, and the ultrasound was of his throat and thyroid. I will keep that info in mine, thanks for that.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #3798
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sounds like you're having a great time, glad you were able to find a cooat to keep you warm while riding. I saw that your Gators were on and was thinking of you. Glad your team won too!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #3799
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

What a fun day for you all! Glad you had a great time together. And your ds, lol.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #3800
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
If you have another E to use, I would go ahead and sell it.