In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2716Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #3681
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smokiesgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere between fantasy land & the sea
Posts: 12,397
Default

I posted pics on my blog of me and the family yesterday. You should see the candy apple and Mickey Mouse cookie I got!
__________________
Dell
DoodleDivaDesigns(my craft blog)
DinnerDell(my cooking blog)


I am a life artist and love it!
smokiesgal is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #3682
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Yes, I was ecstatic to say the least! He just left a little while ago. He is staying with his friend that was with us yesterday. He lives in St. Augustine. So, he will get to enjoy the beach a bit b4 he flies back home on Wed. night. I was so happy to see him and the water park was awesome!!!

Shell, your family should really try and do Blizzard Beach if you get the chance during your visit. The weather was perfect yesterday and it wasn't even crowded. It is soooo much fun!!!




Pictures are great! I'm so glad you had that time with them. Believe me ... I understand how amazing that would be.




We, actually, never do the pools or water parks. We are always so happy to just be in the parks. Maybe one day....
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #3683
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Oh!!! How wonderful!!!! That's simply fantastic, Dell.
Agreed.. what an amazing day!
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #3684
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jostvig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 59,773
Default

the pictures are great Dell what a wonderful day.. Now I am tempted to make some of those candy apples....my boys would love it... might do that tomorrow.
__________________
Kathy
"Somekinda Stalker"
jostvig is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #3685
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

We survived the craft fair, lol. It went ok, but not as well as we anticipated, based on previous experiences. The weather was really crummy, it poured really hard a good part of the day, and there were thunderstorm warnings. I don't know if I'd have gone anywhere myself, if I didn't have to. But we had fun together, and I had Amy's son get me a gift for my aunt at one of the other venders, lol. Dh and I went out for dinner afterwards, and watched the Tigers win (barely, but it counts as a win! lol).
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #3686
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
My sciatica is giving me issues. Had to get a massage yesterday and to the chiropractor today. Left early from work both days but starting to feel better. It really started hurting the other day when I was running. My chiropractor wants me to do some diff stretches b4 I run. Said that should help prevent my sciatica from flaring up. Meantime, I have been taking anti-inflammatory and sitting on heat pack.

DH and I have been running for 2 mos' now. We stopped going to the gym, mainly becuz we can't seem to connect with the owner to get our key card re-activated. I told DH to let's just wait on going back for now since we are going to be out of town and then when we return he has several other trips to make for DS surgery and business.
Hope you're feeling better soon, and that the new stretches help keep the pain away. Bummer that you havn't been able to get your key card, and great that you've been able to run with your dh. How far do you go?
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #3687
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Washer repairman came this morning. He said it would be upwards of $500 to fix the machine. No thank you! We decided to go to with a new one, and if we get a new washer, well.... we have to have a new dryer, too. Both machines are 12 years old, so we know that the dryer will go out soon, too. It has never been as good as the washer. Anyway, those will be delivered on Monday. Because they are a fair amount bigger than we have and open differently, we need to restructure our laundry room. We had built-in cabinets in there, but Mark has taken them down. I hated those, anyway. They look nice, but they were too tall to really work well for me - since I'm vertically challenged....

We have a cabinet in there with a sink, as well, that is being taken out, too. Mark is trying to do that himself.... we'll see how that goes.

I had planned to stay home all day today to get stuff done. Instead, we'll be home all day on Monday to wait for the washer and dryer. I have canceled a meeting I was suppose to go to and won't take the kids to piano, either. I'm glad to have the day at home, anyway.
Sounds like quite the project, but glad it will be more functional in the end, and what you want, too. Hope they come early on Monday, so you don't have to wait around all day.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #3688
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
I have to share my excitement with all of you that happened to me yesterday. My son surprised me by flying home from Arlington, VA and arriving at my house at 3:30 a.m. in the morning! Talk about being surprised!!! I certainly did not expect at all. DH told me to get up and he was cooking breakfast and to get ready for an adventure! My son's friend who is also like a second son was with us too. Ended up we had a road trip and wound up at Disney's Blizzard Beach!!! My family is most adventurous and we all love the water! Well, I went to the dressing room to change into my swimwear and when I came outside there stood my daughter and her husband!!! We had a blast going down the waterslides and racing and just relaxing!! My daughter made a fabulous picnic lunch with shrimp tacos, turkey sandwiches and fresh fruit! Simply divine!!! When the park closed we showered and dressed and went to Downtown Disney for dinner at Raglan Road. It's an Irish pub style eating establishment and the bread pudding is to die for!!! So, overall I had probably the BEST birthday a gal could ever want for her 50th!!!! What a wonderful family that I have!
Happy Birthday!!!! So glad you had your family with you, sounds like it was a fabulous day!!!! How wonderful that they were able to join you.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #3689
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
the pictures are great Dell what a wonderful day.. Now I am tempted to make some of those candy apples....my boys would love it... might do that tomorrow.
Sounds like you're finally feeling better, glad to hear that. Have fun making the apples, they sound tasty...lol.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #3690
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Oh, I finally did hear from the dr office about Joey (after I called to talk to the nurse). He has an ultrasound scheduled for Thurs afternoon. I'll have to get him from school a couple of hours early, but that's ok. Hopefully we'll have results from that on Friday.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #3691
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
You can cut fabric with the Vagabond.....


Way to go on the workout! Great job on the machine. What a good deal.
I have cut fabric with my big shot before too, this other cutting had way more dies.
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 AM   #3692
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Washer repairman came this morning. He said it would be upwards of $500 to fix the machine. No thank you! We decided to go to with a new one, and if we get a new washer, well.... we have to have a new dryer, too. Both machines are 12 years old, so we know that the dryer will go out soon, too. It has never been as good as the washer. Anyway, those will be delivered on Monday. Because they are a fair amount bigger than we have and open differently, we need to restructure our laundry room. We had built-in cabinets in there, but Mark has taken them down. I hated those, anyway. They look nice, but they were too tall to really work well for me - since I'm vertically challenged....

We have a cabinet in there with a sink, as well, that is being taken out, too. Mark is trying to do that himself.... we'll see how that goes.

I had planned to stay home all day today to get stuff done. Instead, we'll be home all day on Monday to wait for the washer and dryer. I have canceled a meeting I was suppose to go to and won't take the kids to piano, either. I'm glad to have the day at home, anyway.
That sucks that you have to buy a new set, but at least you are getting rid of the cabinets your didnt like. Our set went our last year, or earlier this year, I could NOT get a front load set because of space restrictions in my laundry room, now you would think in a 2 year old house that would not be, but appaerntly our designer didnt think of that.
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #3693
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
I have to share my excitement with all of you that happened to me yesterday. My son surprised me by flying home from Arlington, VA and arriving at my house at 3:30 a.m. in the morning! Talk about being surprised!!! I certainly did not expect at all. DH told me to get up and he was cooking breakfast and to get ready for an adventure! My son's friend who is also like a second son was with us too. Ended up we had a road trip and wound up at Disney's Blizzard Beach!!! My family is most adventurous and we all love the water! Well, I went to the dressing room to change into my swimwear and when I came outside there stood my daughter and her husband!!! We had a blast going down the waterslides and racing and just relaxing!! My daughter made a fabulous picnic lunch with shrimp tacos, turkey sandwiches and fresh fruit! Simply divine!!! When the park closed we showered and dressed and went to Downtown Disney for dinner at Raglan Road. It's an Irish pub style eating establishment and the bread pudding is to die for!!! So, overall I had probably the BEST birthday a gal could ever want for her 50th!!!! What a wonderful family that I have!

I seen that on your blog, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #3694
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
We survived the craft fair, lol. It went ok, but not as well as we anticipated, based on previous experiences. The weather was really crummy, it poured really hard a good part of the day, and there were thunderstorm warnings. I don't know if I'd have gone anywhere myself, if I didn't have to. But we had fun together, and I had Amy's son get me a gift for my aunt at one of the other venders, lol. Dh and I went out for dinner afterwards, and watched the Tigers win (barely, but it counts as a win! lol).
That is too bad, but I agree, I dont like going out in the rain either
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #3695
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Oh, I finally did hear from the dr office about Joey (after I called to talk to the nurse). He has an ultrasound scheduled for Thurs afternoon. I'll have to get him from school a couple of hours early, but that's ok. Hopefully we'll have results from that on Friday.
Hoping all goes well for you and for him
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #3696
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
Hoping all goes well for you and for him
Thank you, I really appreciate it.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #3697
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Got a coupon in the mail on Fri for a haircut for Joey. I was thrilled, usually those come right after I get his hair cut, lol. So we used it today after school. Now he's doing homework after dinner, and before we head back out for a cub scout meeting tonight. They meet the first 3 weeks of the month (2 den meetings and then the pack meeting). That seems like a lot, but maybe it's just me, lol.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #3698
Stazon Splitcoast
 
smokiesgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere between fantasy land & the sea
Posts: 12,397
Default

Shell, thanks so much for the lovely birthday card!! I love it!! What kind of paper did you use to cut the pumpkin? It feels so soft!
__________________
Dell
DoodleDivaDesigns(my craft blog)
DinnerDell(my cooking blog)


I am a life artist and love it!
smokiesgal is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #3699
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

Good morning

I have to just finish the binding on Scarletts quilt and I will have both my twins quilt finished!!! I am so happy with them both, I just love that fabric. I found a tutorial yesterday on Pinterest, looks real nice, and easy too, I tried it small scale before trying it out on one of my quilts, worked great. I took my pictures of Royals quilt the other day when the sun was shining, so as soon as I finish Scarletts I will take pictures and post them on my Blog.

I was telling my hubby that one is slightly bigger than the other, even though I used the same precut pieces for them both, he says "that is because they are both works of art" just about knocked me off my feet, he has never said anything nice about my craft stuff.
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #3700
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

SO I guess I should tell you the story of my MIL house.

....a few weeks ago, when she was in my house and in my hair daily, she was truely driving me crazy, it got so that I couldn't hardly even talk to her, my parents taught me 'if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all" But one morning before they got here, I just lost it, had a major melt down on my husband, tears and all. That was a tough day, went for a massage and had tears dripping off my eyelashes the whole time.

That same night was our schools bottle drive, which I have been helping with since Steph started school. when I got home, hubby was sitting on the couch, not saying much, very unlike him. I asked him what was wrong and he just said his parents. I asked Cody what had happened while we were gone, he said they hubby and his parents had a major fight over the house, and in the end, they said they were not going to build here.

Well now you know as a woman, we feel such guilt over these things, I figured it was all my fault because of my meltdown in the morning. Major guilt flooded me, cause if someone had stepped on my plans when we were house planning I would have hated them forever.

Time has calmed things a bit, we now know that they re still going to build their house, but they are going to build it in town on the lot they own there. I still feel guilty, thinking that I caused this, even though hubby says it is not my fault.

It is good, but bad. Good that they will still have their dream house, in town where it makes more sense, for retirement purposes, but bad because now they have NO house out here at all, which mean during the busy times, seeding, harvest and what not, they will be in my house all day long. I like my space, I need my space especially in the busy times when we are stressed higher than normal.

I hope that all makes sence, just wanted to share with you gals what was going on.
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #3701
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
SO I guess I should tell you the story of my MIL house.

....a few weeks ago, when she was in my house and in my hair daily, she was truely driving me crazy, it got so that I couldn't hardly even talk to her, my parents taught me 'if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all" But one morning before they got here, I just lost it, had a major melt down on my husband, tears and all. That was a tough day, went for a massage and had tears dripping off my eyelashes the whole time.

That same night was our schools bottle drive, which I have been helping with since Steph started school. when I got home, hubby was sitting on the couch, not saying much, very unlike him. I asked him what was wrong and he just said his parents. I asked Cody what had happened while we were gone, he said they hubby and his parents had a major fight over the house, and in the end, they said they were not going to build here.

Well now you know as a woman, we feel such guilt over these things, I figured it was all my fault because of my meltdown in the morning. Major guilt flooded me, cause if someone had stepped on my plans when we were house planning I would have hated them forever.

Time has calmed things a bit, we now know that they re still going to build their house, but they are going to build it in town on the lot they own there. I still feel guilty, thinking that I caused this, even though hubby says it is not my fault.

It is good, but bad. Good that they will still have their dream house, in town where it makes more sense, for retirement purposes, but bad because now they have NO house out here at all, which mean during the busy times, seeding, harvest and what not, they will be in my house all day long. I like my space, I need my space especially in the busy times when we are stressed higher than normal.

I hope that all makes sence, just wanted to share with you gals what was going on.




Oh my.... I'm so sorry that all of that happened. It makes total sense. Such a heavy load for you to bear. Hugs upon hugs for you.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #3702
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
SO I guess I should tell you the story of my MIL house.

....a few weeks ago, when she was in my house and in my hair daily, she was truely driving me crazy, it got so that I couldn't hardly even talk to her, my parents taught me 'if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all" But one morning before they got here, I just lost it, had a major melt down on my husband, tears and all. That was a tough day, went for a massage and had tears dripping off my eyelashes the whole time.

That same night was our schools bottle drive, which I have been helping with since Steph started school. when I got home, hubby was sitting on the couch, not saying much, very unlike him. I asked him what was wrong and he just said his parents. I asked Cody what had happened while we were gone, he said they hubby and his parents had a major fight over the house, and in the end, they said they were not going to build here.

Well now you know as a woman, we feel such guilt over these things, I figured it was all my fault because of my meltdown in the morning. Major guilt flooded me, cause if someone had stepped on my plans when we were house planning I would have hated them forever.

Time has calmed things a bit, we now know that they re still going to build their house, but they are going to build it in town on the lot they own there. I still feel guilty, thinking that I caused this, even though hubby says it is not my fault.

It is good, but bad. Good that they will still have their dream house, in town where it makes more sense, for retirement purposes, but bad because now they have NO house out here at all, which mean during the busy times, seeding, harvest and what not, they will be in my house all day long. I like my space, I need my space especially in the busy times when we are stressed higher than normal.

I hope that all makes sence, just wanted to share with you gals what was going on.
I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. It's totally not all your fault, don't worry about it. Maybe they can get a nice camper, used, whatever, and put it out at the farm for the summer. That way they could still have their own space, and keep the peace. Just something to think about.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #3703
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
Good morning

I have to just finish the binding on Scarletts quilt and I will have both my twins quilt finished!!! I am so happy with them both, I just love that fabric. I found a tutorial yesterday on Pinterest, looks real nice, and easy too, I tried it small scale before trying it out on one of my quilts, worked great. I took my pictures of Royals quilt the other day when the sun was shining, so as soon as I finish Scarletts I will take pictures and post them on my Blog.

I was telling my hubby that one is slightly bigger than the other, even though I used the same precut pieces for them both, he says "that is because they are both works of art" just about knocked me off my feet, he has never said anything nice about my craft stuff.
Congrats on getting them finished! Can't wait to see the pics, their mother is going to love them - oh and the babies too, lol. Kudos to your dh too, things like that is why we keep them around.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #3704
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Joey has been coughing a lot, since maybe Fri. It got worse over the weekend when he was at my parents house. I took him to the walk in clinic after school (he felt fine except for the cough). He has a mild case of bronchitis, agrivated by his asthma (or vice versa), so we got him an antibiotic tonight. It's the 5-day one, so at least I only have to remember an extra medicine for 5 days, lol. Hopefully that will help him.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #3705
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

I played around with the coffin cut today, the one from...what's it's name....Happy Hauntings. I had to cut it at 7" to accomodate for the gummy skeletons I got at the Dollar Tree. They fit in there pretty well. After I got the box assembled and the skeleton inside, man it looked pretty morbid to me, lol. I took it to school to show the teacher at the end of the day, to see if it was ok for Joey to bring and hand out to all of the kids on Halloween, and she said it was ok. Joey was thrilled with that. I started cutting the boxes out tonight, but ran out of black paper. I need to get more tomorrow, I used a ton for the craft fair. I can only get 3 bottoms or 3 lids cut out on one 12x12 sheet, because they're so big. I'm hoping to get them cut soon so he can start decorating them. When we've got one done, I'll post a picture.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #3706
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. It's totally not all your fault, don't worry about it. Maybe they can get a nice camper, used, whatever, and put it out at the farm for the summer. That way they could still have their own space, and keep the peace. Just something to think about.
I am hoping for something like this.
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #3707
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I played around with the coffin cut today, the one from...what's it's name....Happy Hauntings. I had to cut it at 7" to accomodate for the gummy skeletons I got at the Dollar Tree. They fit in there pretty well. After I got the box assembled and the skeleton inside, man it looked pretty morbid to me, lol. I took it to school to show the teacher at the end of the day, to see if it was ok for Joey to bring and hand out to all of the kids on Halloween, and she said it was ok. Joey was thrilled with that. I started cutting the boxes out tonight, but ran out of black paper. I need to get more tomorrow, I used a ton for the craft fair. I can only get 3 bottoms or 3 lids cut out on one 12x12 sheet, because they're so big. I'm hoping to get them cut soon so he can start decorating them. When we've got one done, I'll post a picture.
that sounds like something the kids would love, but ya you are going to use a lot of paper.
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #3708
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Joey has been coughing a lot, since maybe Fri. It got worse over the weekend when he was at my parents house. I took him to the walk in clinic after school (he felt fine except for the cough). He has a mild case of bronchitis, agrivated by his asthma (or vice versa), so we got him an antibiotic tonight. It's the 5-day one, so at least I only have to remember an extra medicine for 5 days, lol. Hopefully that will help him.
So much of that going around here right now, seems everybody is sick. I know is is just a matter of WHEN my kids will get it, not IF they will
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #3709
Glitter Guru
 
scrapnstamp on the farm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: on the farm in windy Saskatchewan, CANADA
Posts: 5,729
Default

GOt my quilts all finished, and made a few rice packs, those ones that you heat up in the microwave and put on your sore neck, or for sore muscles. A couple of my girlfriends and I are going to get together and make up sugar scrubs and bath salts as little girfts for Christmas, and I thought the rice packs would be a nice addition.

Ugly day here today, very windu and rainy, good day for crafting.

Went to a card class last night, first one I have been to in a few year, was nice to get out, meet some people and make some cards.
__________________
~My Gallery~

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
scrapnstamp on the farm is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #3710
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
GOt my quilts all finished, and made a few rice packs, those ones that you heat up in the microwave and put on your sore neck, or for sore muscles. A couple of my girlfriends and I are going to get together and make up sugar scrubs and bath salts as little girfts for Christmas, and I thought the rice packs would be a nice addition.

Ugly day here today, very windu and rainy, good day for crafting.

Went to a card class last night, first one I have been to in a few year, was nice to get out, meet some people and make some cards.
You got quite a lot done! Those gifts sound like they're going to be a hit! Are you putting the scrubs in caning jars, or did you find some other kind of bottles? I saw recipes for them on a couple of different websites, but of course I didn't save them. I don't know if I need them or not yet though. How many cards did you make at the class? Was it somewhere you went with a friend?
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #3711
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. It's totally not all your fault, don't worry about it. Maybe they can get a nice camper, used, whatever, and put it out at the farm for the summer. That way they could still have their own space, and keep the peace. Just something to think about.


Yeah ... I think that's a great idea. If I had to have my mil in my house every day for a season, I'd have to .... do something drastic, I'm afraid! LOL!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #3712
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Joey has been coughing a lot, since maybe Fri. It got worse over the weekend when he was at my parents house. I took him to the walk in clinic after school (he felt fine except for the cough). He has a mild case of bronchitis, agrivated by his asthma (or vice versa), so we got him an antibiotic tonight. It's the 5-day one, so at least I only have to remember an extra medicine for 5 days, lol. Hopefully that will help him.




Ugh! Poor kid. I hope he's feeling a lot better very quickly!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #3713
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I played around with the coffin cut today, the one from...what's it's name....Happy Hauntings. I had to cut it at 7" to accomodate for the gummy skeletons I got at the Dollar Tree. They fit in there pretty well. After I got the box assembled and the skeleton inside, man it looked pretty morbid to me, lol. I took it to school to show the teacher at the end of the day, to see if it was ok for Joey to bring and hand out to all of the kids on Halloween, and she said it was ok. Joey was thrilled with that. I started cutting the boxes out tonight, but ran out of black paper. I need to get more tomorrow, I used a ton for the craft fair. I can only get 3 bottoms or 3 lids cut out on one 12x12 sheet, because they're so big. I'm hoping to get them cut soon so he can start decorating them. When we've got one done, I'll post a picture.




Those sound great for the holiday. The kids will love them.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #3714
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
GOt my quilts all finished, and made a few rice packs, those ones that you heat up in the microwave and put on your sore neck, or for sore muscles. A couple of my girlfriends and I are going to get together and make up sugar scrubs and bath salts as little girfts for Christmas, and I thought the rice packs would be a nice addition.

Ugly day here today, very windu and rainy, good day for crafting.

Went to a card class last night, first one I have been to in a few year, was nice to get out, meet some people and make some cards.






I make those, as well, but I started using cherry pits. They give off wonderfully moist heat and can also be frozen to use as a cold pack. I've thought about making some of the scubs, but I can't decide if I want to try it.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #3715
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,202
Default

Typical Wednesday around here. We got our voting done ... early voting and we still had to wait in line for about 45 minutes! I'm still sick, so I'm tired and icky feeling. We get to stay home until Saturday, though. Glad of that. I still have so much to do!!! I plan to finish Jaydin's dress tomorrow. Only a bit more to do. I will post a picture when I get it done. It's nothing extravagant (obviously ... I'M doing it....), but I think it will be cute for her to wear in the park and on the cruise.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #3716
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Yeah ... I think that's a great idea. If I had to have my mil in my house every day for a season, I'd have to .... do something drastic, I'm afraid! LOL!
Me too! I'd have to go and live in an insane asylum...because I'd need to.....lol.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #3717
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Ugh! Poor kid. I hope he's feeling a lot better very quickly!
Thanks, me too. He was super whiney tonight. And we talked about what to expect tomorrow for his ultrasound, so that was good.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #3718
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Those sound great for the holiday. The kids will love them.
Thanks, I think so too. I was just hoping that I was on the same page as the teacher, and not creeping out the other 4th graders. My sense of humor is a little off....lol.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #3719
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Typical Wednesday around here. We got our voting done ... early voting and we still had to wait in line for about 45 minutes! I'm still sick, so I'm tired and icky feeling. We get to stay home until Saturday, though. Glad of that. I still have so much to do!!! I plan to finish Jaydin's dress tomorrow. Only a bit more to do. I will post a picture when I get it done. It's nothing extravagant (obviously ... I'M doing it....), but I think it will be cute for her to wear in the park and on the cruise.
That seems like a long time to wait for early voting. Is early voting just like election day voting, or is it different somehow? We don't have early voting here, just absentee ballots. Hope you're feeling better soon, and glad that you're able to hang out at home for the next few days too. Hope the dress goes well. Simple is not a bad thing, I'm sure it's going to be cute and she'll love it!
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #3720
Stazon Splitcoast
 
danssister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 19,229
Default

Pulled something in my back a couple of days ago. Yesterday it was sore, today it was horrible. I had to go to the dr, and get some meds. Feeling better now, hopefully even better tomorrow. Thank goodness for meds.
__________________
Molly
LO's Scrapped in 2011: 75; 2010: 25; 2009: 122;
2008: 173
danssister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off