Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2530Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #3401
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Tell Amy I said hello. I miss her on here.

Have fun with the craft shows. You should do well.

Me, too.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #3402
Total Quack

Quote:
My uncle died on Sat. He lived in GA. Apparently, he was diagnosed with cancer in Feb, retired in May and told there was nothing they could do for the cancer. It spread pretty rapidly. This was my mom's baby brother.

I'm very sorry about your uncle. Hugs.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #3403
Total Quack

Quote:
I purchased some paint today from Sherwin Williams for my craft room and for the spare bedroom. I haven't told DH that I have the paint yet!!!

Also got a new hairstyle tonight. I wound up getting a perm in my hair. I haven't had one in over 25 yrs!! I have to say things have changed a bit. I didn't even have to go under the hairdryer this time. I really like the light body it gave me. I didn't go real curly...too scared of that.

Yippee!!! Paint that baby!

Oh my!! You go, girl!!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #3404
Total Quack

Quote:
I managed to get a lot of crafting done this weekend. Now that DH is going to school there is more time in the craft room for me! I made 5 cards, a mini album and made 4 floral arrangements. I posted some of these on my blog. Will eventually get all of them posted.

I can't wait till the weekend. I get to attend the 2 Tim Holtz classes at my LSS!!!! So excited and I don't have to take a thing. Apparently, Tim supplies everything needed for the classes.

DH and I celebrate our 12th anniversary on Saturday. We have a play to attend Fri night and being that I have the scrapbook classes and he is in school we will probably just go out for dinner on play night. Can't wait!
Yippee for craft time.

Oh, that class is going to be so awesome!! I wish I could go with you. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Congratulations on 12 years!!!!

I'm debating on a new toy .... the Silhouette Cameo. Anyone heard anything about it?

Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #3405
Total Quack

Jaydin's party went great on Saturday - even though my niece tried to start a couple of fights with me ... at the party. Grrrr.

The kids got to make slime, get rainbow glasses (made rainbows out of all the light), put Mentos in Diet Coke (twice), shoot off a rocket, and get cotton candy. They really loved it. Jaydin had about 15 kids there ... and all together, there were about 46 people there. She's loved and spoiled.

We left the party as soon as everyone was gone. We were suppose to be at the church at 5:30, but we got there around 6. The show was suppose to start at 7, but it was about 30 minutes late starting. There were some sound issues. The show was good - funny and a lot of variety. Jaydin played very well, and I was very proud of her. Jonah was on the Olympic Synchronized Swim Team - and they did a routine behind a blue tarp. It was hilarious. There were 5 youth that did it.

Jaydin hasn't gotten in bed on time since Thursday night - until tonight. She was just exhausted. I'm glad she's getting some good sleep tonight. I hope she can sleep a little late tomorrow. She had a great birthday, though. It was filled with such fun, family, friends, and love.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #3406
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
Now you are just talking crazy talk........the farm will surely fall apart if she is not here!??!?!?!?!

No she has been told she will stay at her house in town. Hubby said "see you in the spring" to her the other night as she was leaving, don't think she found that comment funny at all
Thank goodness she's out of there! (Sorry, my own MIL issues are sneaking up, lol) Hope you're able to get some rest, or at least relax now that she's not there. Good for your dh, too.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #3407
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Tell Amy I said hello. I miss her on here.

Have fun with the craft shows. You should do well.
I will, and I do too.

It will be fun, and really hoping we do well. You just never know. At least what doesn't sell can go to the craft fair in Nov.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #3408
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Wow! Already? Today it felt a bit cooler here this morning. Still in shorts though. But I can tell fall is in the air. I am happy!!!
I wish I still had shorts weather, but at least the weather we're having will get us some pretty leaves here in a little while. Love the colorful leaves.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #3409
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My uncle died on Sat. He lived in GA. Apparently, he was diagnosed with cancer in Feb, retired in May and told there was nothing they could do for the cancer. It spread pretty rapidly. This was my mom's baby brother.
So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #3410
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I purchased some paint today from Sherwin Williams for my craft room and for the spare bedroom. I haven't told DH that I have the paint yet!!!

Also got a new hairstyle tonight. I wound up getting a perm in my hair. I haven't had one in over 25 yrs!! I have to say things have changed a bit. I didn't even have to go under the hairdryer this time. I really like the light body it gave me. I didn't go real curly...too scared of that.
What color paint did you get?

Your new 'do sounds like fun! Is it curly or wavy? I remember having the heated clips they used to put on the rollers for a perm, they don't do that anymore. Man, those things were heavy, lol.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #3411
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I managed to get a lot of crafting done this weekend. Now that DH is going to school there is more time in the craft room for me! I made 5 cards, a mini album and made 4 floral arrangements. I posted some of these on my blog. Will eventually get all of them posted.

I can't wait till the weekend. I get to attend the 2 Tim Holtz classes at my LSS!!!! So excited and I don't have to take a thing. Apparently, Tim supplies everything needed for the classes.

DH and I celebrate our 12th anniversary on Saturday. We have a play to attend Fri night and being that I have the scrapbook classes and he is in school we will probably just go out for dinner on play night. Can't wait!
Love the projects on your blog, the baskets really turned out nice. Your friend will love hers! The tea box is neat too, don't know how I missed it.

Happy early Anniversary! Have a great time at your Tim Holtz classes, it would be such a neat opportunity to have him teach a class. You should get a picture taken with him. Have a great time at the play with your dh, too.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #3412
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Yep. We have tickets for Mickey's Not-SO-Scary Halloween Party on the 31st. That should be fun if it's not the most crowded thing ever. One way or another, we're going to have a good time.
That is so awesome!!!! What a fun way to spend Halloween! You all are going to have so much fun.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #3413
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh, that sounds soooo cool. I hope you enjoyed it. I know Joey will have a good time!
It was an amazing experience, hearing their stories. The ladies were all in their 90's, one is from here in Kalamazoo, one is from an hour away (where dh grew up), one came in from New Hampshire, one from Ohio, and I think the other one from Colorado. I really want to do more reading about them, it sounds like there have been some books published about them in the last few years.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #3414
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thank you! She had a great day. Actually, he came in on Friday night. It was a great surprise for Jaydin. We told her 3 minutes before we had to leave to get him.

He's home through the weekend.
That is so wonderful!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:29 AM   #3415
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Jaydin's party went great on Saturday - even though my niece tried to start a couple of fights with me ... at the party. Grrrr.

The kids got to make slime, get rainbow glasses (made rainbows out of all the light), put Mentos in Diet Coke (twice), shoot off a rocket, and get cotton candy. They really loved it. Jaydin had about 15 kids there ... and all together, there were about 46 people there. She's loved and spoiled.

We left the party as soon as everyone was gone. We were suppose to be at the church at 5:30, but we got there around 6. The show was suppose to start at 7, but it was about 30 minutes late starting. There were some sound issues. The show was good - funny and a lot of variety. Jaydin played very well, and I was very proud of her. Jonah was on the Olympic Synchronized Swim Team - and they did a routine behind a blue tarp. It was hilarious. There were 5 youth that did it.

Jaydin hasn't gotten in bed on time since Thursday night - until tonight. She was just exhausted. I'm glad she's getting some good sleep tonight. I hope she can sleep a little late tomorrow. She had a great birthday, though. It was filled with such fun, family, friends, and love.
Glad the party went well and that Jaydin had a great time. Sorry about your neice, but at least you shut her down on that. Sounds like the variety show was a success! Hope your birthday girl is catching up on her rest now.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #3416
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Sounds like you got a ton of stuff going on. You are Superwoman!! Those Oreos sound delightful! You should share your recipe. DH loves the ones you get in the store.

The shopping sounds fun. What did you get?
They were more like Oreo caksters, than Oreos.

2 boxes of chocolate make mix,
4 eggs
2/3 cup of oil

mix, roll into balls and flatten on cookie sheet
bake at 350 for 10 minutes I think

let cool
mix 1 bar cream cheese
2 cups of icing sugar
that is your icing for the middles

pretty easy, and good.

woder if you could use white cake mix for golden Oreos???

I order 2 sweaters, babydoll styles, I guess I will see what they are like when they get here, if I dont like them, they will get returned.

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 09-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #3417
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Awww Hugs to you and your family

My Creative Side

Old 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #3418
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Happy Anniversary!!!

Enjoy your classes, it is getting closer to my crop and create weekend as well, I can't wait

My Creative Side

Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #3419
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Hahahahahahaaha!!!!!!

She's leaving??! She's not having to stay with you anymore?! I hope that's the case. I know that you would be much, MUCH happier all winter if it is.
she does have a house in town, that they will be staying at, it is just that she feels she HAS to be here everyday, which means she is in my house all day. Thank GOD they have a place in town, or I would go crazy!!!

My Creative Side

Old 09-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #3420
Glitter Guru

Quote:

wow, that all sounds like it was great fun!! I bet she was exhausted, it is tough being 7, lol

My Creative Side

Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #3421
Glitter Guru

I am sitting here procrastinating, should be vaccuuming and dusting, and maybe washing walls too, but wasting time on the computer.

Nice weather this week, gets to about 20 celcius during the days, so that is nice for this time of year.

Off to the city with Steph tomorrow, she has a orthodontist appointment, and I have a chiropractor, need a total alignment I think.

Hoping to get to a few quilt shops, need to get the batting and backing for my projects.

oh and groceries too, list is getting long.

My Creative Side

Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #3422
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
That is so awesome!!!! What a fun way to spend Halloween! You all are going to have so much fun.

Yes, we are. We're very excited. It's going to be a busy month.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #3423
Total Quack

Quote:
It was an amazing experience, hearing their stories. The ladies were all in their 90's, one is from here in Kalamazoo, one is from an hour away (where dh grew up), one came in from New Hampshire, one from Ohio, and I think the other one from Colorado. I really want to do more reading about them, it sounds like there have been some books published about them in the last few years.

Oh, my. I'm sure it was!! I'm very glad you were able to go.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #3424
Total Quack

Quote:
Glad the party went well and that Jaydin had a great time. Sorry about your neice, but at least you shut her down on that. Sounds like the variety show was a success! Hope your birthday girl is catching up on her rest now.

She is a bit. With Jared here, she still isn't in a normal schedule. We try, but there's just too much going on for her to go to sleep easily. Next week, I guess....

Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #3425
Total Quack

Quote:
she does have a house in town, that they will be staying at, it is just that she feels she HAS to be here everyday, which means she is in my house all day. Thank GOD they have a place in town, or I would go crazy!!!

I think I'd go crazy with her there all day, though. Maybe you could lock the door.....

Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #3426
Total Quack

Quote:
wow, that all sounds like it was great fun!! I bet she was exhausted, it is tough being 7, lol

Indeed it is!! She actually wanted the party but didn't want to turn 7. She doesn't want to grow up....

Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #3427
Total Quack

Quote:
I am sitting here procrastinating, should be vaccuuming and dusting, and maybe washing walls too, but wasting time on the computer.

Nice weather this week, gets to about 20 celcius during the days, so that is nice for this time of year.

Off to the city with Steph tomorrow, she has a orthodontist appointment, and I have a chiropractor, need a total alignment I think.

Hoping to get to a few quilt shops, need to get the batting and backing for my projects.

oh and groceries too, list is getting long.
Eh ... all the housework will still be there later. Enjoy your time on the computer.

Have fun in the city!!! Find some pretty fabric.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #3428
Total Quack

I think I'm about to order the Cameo.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #3429
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Indeed it is!! She actually wanted the party but didn't want to turn 7. She doesn't want to grow up....
Awww.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #3430
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That looks like a really neat machine. That's the one that cuts out 12x12, right?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #3431
Stazon Splitcoast

Ran some errands, worked on craft fair stuff, took Joey to TKD, ran some more errands, cleaned the kitchen. Exciting stuff here. lol
Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #3432
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I think I'd go crazy with her there all day, though. Maybe you could lock the door.....
my girlfriend told me to install those invisible dog fence things, and put the zapper collar in her pocket, so when she gets close she gets zapped, lol

My Creative Side

Old 09-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #3433
Glitter Guru

Quote:
funny how we dont want them to grow up either

My Creative Side

Old 09-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #3434
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Eh ... all the housework will still be there later. Enjoy your time on the computer.

Have fun in the city!!! Find some pretty fabric.
I found my quilt batting, and picked up an extra for another quilt I have in mind. Got some fat quarters, great mix of colors. Found a great store.Went and found cute polka dot flannel sheets, that I am going to use for the backing on the twin quilts as well.

My Creative Side

Old 09-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #3435
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I wish I could do all of that. He said that several things were out of whack and needed to be cleaned. Doesn't make sense because I don't use it that often. Weird. I did clean around the bobbin area and such. Obviously, I didn't do enough.
my DH blows it out with his compressor...if you do polar fleece or flannels you have to do it alot more often ...that polar fleece is hard on a machine.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #3436
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
But did she give you ideas to do on your own? How neat to have a free session.
she gave me a routine And I am doing it...so in another week or too I will need to change it to shake it up a bit or go back to my old one its new also since I took a few months off.... so far though I did 4 days last week skipped THr. it was a bad day... so far this week 3 days down...
Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #3437
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh I am sorry Dell, I hope you are doing Okay...Did you know all this before they called you, or was it all a surprise? Hugs
Old 09-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #3438
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Happy Birthday?....If you do let us know what you think of it....Inquiring minds want to know
Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #3439
Total Quack

Quote:
That looks like a really neat machine. That's the one that cuts out 12x12, right?

Actually, it can cut 12"x24" on a mat, or 12"x 10 FEET () with lined media.

It also allows you to print your design, and it will cut out around it.... yeah, seriously.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #3440
Total Quack

Quote:
Ran some errands, worked on craft fair stuff, took Joey to TKD, ran some more errands, cleaned the kitchen. Exciting stuff here. lol

Hahaha ... normal routines are great, though.