Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2526Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #3361
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Had a massage tonight and my right shoulder and mid back area is in a lot of pain. She found knots I didn't know I had and every time she touched it there it shot to my head causing an instant headache. Now I know why I have had so many headaches lately...I think I am going to get a warm bath and put some Bio Freeze on it and go to bed. I might even take a muscle relaxer as my shoulder is really aching....

BTW, DS surgery is going to be in Nov in PA. DH is going up to be with him. Just too costly for both of us to go and DS and DH get along quite well. I think it will give both of them some bonding time.

Ouch. I hope you feel a lot better!!

I'm so sorry he's going to be up there to have it done. I know it's hard being away.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #3362
Total Quack

Church is having a big variety show on Saturday night, and both Jonah and Jaydin are in it.

There's going to be a lot of humor, but Jaydin is going to be one of the 'musical' guests. She's playing piano. She's very excited, but .... she's excited about so much. She's got so much going on this weekend.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #3363
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
I met with a personal trainer today and she kicked my butt...It was a free session...wishing I could afford to pay for them...
oh I would SO love a personal trainer!!! My goal is to start back up with the workouts on Monday!!

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 09-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #3364
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Of course, DH is taking college courses and a real pain in the rear too....

He had the nerve to ask me to cook tonight! How dare he!!! You know, I used to go to school, work a full 40 hours plus at work and run kids to their activities and still come home and put supper on the table! He is taking 2 online classes and you would think he was going full-time. I ended up telling him if he wanted to eat then he and RJ would have to cook. So now she is making baked beans and he is going to grill hamburgers. I am tired of being their maid and cook and not going to take it!!!!
Hugs to you, but I totally know how you feel, same thing goes here, hubby has gotten a little better though, but I have just started saying "i have worked just as hard as you today, so I am not cooking"

My Creative Side

Old 09-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #3365
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Had a massage tonight and my right shoulder and mid back area is in a lot of pain. She found knots I didn't know I had and every time she touched it there it shot to my head causing an instant headache. Now I know why I have had so many headaches lately...I think I am going to get a warm bath and put some Bio Freeze on it and go to bed. I might even take a muscle relaxer as my shoulder is really aching....

BTW, DS surgery is going to be in Nov in PA. DH is going up to be with him. Just too costly for both of us to go and DS and DH get along quite well. I think it will give both of them some bonding time.
that sucks that your werent able to enjoy your massage, I had one a week ago, so sore after, could hardly even lean back in my seat the next day, now I am scared to go back

My Creative Side

Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #3366
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Church is having a big variety show on Saturday night, and both Jonah and Jaydin are in it.

There's going to be a lot of humor, but Jaydin is going to be one of the 'musical' guests. She's playing piano. She's very excited, but .... she's excited about so much. She's got so much going on this weekend.
Good luck to your children, and Happy Birthday to Jayden, you are right she is in for a busy weekend

My Creative Side

Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #3367
Glitter Guru

DONE! DONE! DONE!!!!!

at least the combining is done, now for more work, the buggy and CAT have been here all week, starting the yard leveling, and the old house goes down on Saturday, should be a busy place around here.

My cousin from Calgary is also going to visit, this weekend, tried to tell her not but she really wanted to.

Can't wait for next week for a rest.

My Creative Side

Old 09-21-2012, 05:11 AM   #3368
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=smokiesgal;19700195]
Quote:
Venting is always allowed.

S So do I. I've not had a vacation of any kind in 2 years. /QUOTE]

I need one without any family members. I actually found a scrapbooking cruise next year in Oct that I am going to look at going to along w/a friend of mine. She said she would go with me. I have to convince DH of this one though. He is paranoid about me going alone for something like that especially a cruise. He watches too much 48 hrs with me. Of course, I think he might go hiking next yr in the Appalachian with a friend of ours. So, who knows...there are scary things in the woods too!!
That sounds like a great vacation for you!!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #3369
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sounds like your massage was helpful to figure out what was causing the headaches. Hope you're feeling better soon. How wonderful that your dh will be able to be with your ds for his surgery, too.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #3370
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Some of our trees are getting some color, too. A little weird for us in September.
I hope we still have some leaves for trick-or-treating....but I'm afraid that at the rate we're going, we'll have snow....
Old 09-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #3371
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
DONE! DONE! DONE!!!!!

at least the combining is done, now for more work, the buggy and CAT have been here all week, starting the yard leveling, and the old house goes down on Saturday, should be a busy place around here.

My cousin from Calgary is also going to visit, this weekend, tried to tell her not but she really wanted to.

Yippee!!!! SO glad you're done!!! Enjoy your rest next week. I don't think I'm getting rest for quite a while....

Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #3372
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I hope we still have some leaves for trick-or-treating....but I'm afraid that at the rate we're going, we'll have snow....

We're going to be in Florida for Halloween. Soooooo excited.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #3373
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
How fun!!! Will you be at Disney for their festivities?
Old 09-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #3374
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
DONE! DONE! DONE!!!!!

Yippee!!!! Glad you got the combining done, hope the rest of it goes as quickly as that did. Have fun with your cousin, maybe she'll be in the mood to rest too.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #3375
Stazon Splitcoast

Went to Amy's last night to work on my calendars. I'm on the 10th month already, thankfully! I'm heading back to her house later this afternoon. She and I talked about doing the craft fairs together again this year....lots of work, but I could really use the little bit extra this year. I think it will be fun, we always have fun doing them together. We're going as crafters this year, so we can use our Cricuts!! I'm not a SU demo anymore, so I can't go as a demo, lol. Plus this way we can use whatever cs and patterned paper we have at home already, instead of using up the SU stuff on craft fair stuff.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #3376
Stazon Splitcoast

This afternoon Joey has a birthday party to go to at Chuck E Cheese, he's pretty excited to go. I'm going to the Air Zoo, they're having a presentation by members of the WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilots...I think that's right) from WWII. They're going to have a Q & A session after they talk about their experiences, and a meet and greet too. I think it will be really interesting. When the Air Zoo added on to the building a couple of years ago, they dedicated a new room to the WASP and their accomplishments. It's a fabulous room.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #3377
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yippee!!!! SO glad you're done!!! Enjoy your rest next week. I don't think I'm getting rest for quite a while....
Have a great weekend! Happy Birthday to your princess, hope she has a wonderful day today. Saw on FB that your Marine comes home today, how awesome! Have a great visit with him. How long is he home?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #3378
Stazon Splitcoast

I *almost* forgot to call my brother today to wish him happy birthday, lol. I remembered this morning, but since he's 3 hours behind I figured I should probably not wake him up. He's in New Orleans tonight with a childhood friend, they're at a concert of a band they both love. He's having a great day. And thankfully I remembered to call him in time. Whew!

The presentation today by the WASP at the Air Zoo was fabulous! There were five of them, all in their 90's. They had some great stories to tell, and their historian was there and gave us a great background of the WASP program. I'm so thankful that the Air Zoo had them there today.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #3379
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Not much rest going on here, the cat and buggy are here to start the leveling of the land for the beginning of MIL construction. The backhoe is supposed to be here tomorrow to level the old house.

My Creative Side

Old 09-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #3380
Glitter Guru

Been a rough weekend, just want to rest and relax, but with company here and MIL here everyday that is NOT happening.

Planning on bumping up the start of the workout routine to tomorrow rather than waiting for Oct 1. Hoping the burst of good energy I get will help deal with MIL.

Cousin and her daughter were here, didnt really want to have to entertain all weekend, They are both kind of high maintence. The left nefore noon today, and I am fighting having a nap, thinking I would rather sleep good tonight.

Hubby told Steph and I to go ahead and do some online shopping today, as a thanks you for our work so far in harvest. We had recieved a catalogue in the mail last week, so we both picked a few things out.

Doing a little baking, made home made Oreos yesterday, and I am thinking that the family liked them because the whole works were gone before dinner today.

Got a good chunk of Scarletts quilt front done, can't wait to get to the city to be able to get the batting and backing to get them finished. Have some great black and white material here, thinking about making a quilt for my bed, going to add some sashing panels to make it bigger than the original pattern, but not sure wether to make them black or white???

My Creative Side

Old 09-24-2012, 03:38 AM   #3381
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Been a rough weekend, just want to rest and relax, but with company here and MIL here everyday that is NOT happening.

Planning on bumping up the start of the workout routine to tomorrow rather than waiting for Oct 1. Hoping the burst of good energy I get will help deal with MIL.

Cousin and her daughter were here, didnt really want to have to entertain all weekend, They are both kind of high maintence. The left nefore noon today, and I am fighting having a nap, thinking I would rather sleep good tonight.

Hubby told Steph and I to go ahead and do some online shopping today, as a thanks you for our work so far in harvest. We had recieved a catalogue in the mail last week, so we both picked a few things out.

Doing a little baking, made home made Oreos yesterday, and I am thinking that the family liked them because the whole works were gone before dinner today.

Got a good chunk of Scarletts quilt front done, can't wait to get to the city to be able to get the batting and backing to get them finished. Have some great black and white material here, thinking about making a quilt for my bed, going to add some sashing panels to make it bigger than the original pattern, but not sure wether to make them black or white???
Glad you were able to do a little online shopping, that was nice of your dh. Hope you were able to get a good nights sleep last night, too. Will your MIL at least go and visit her dd for a few weeks here and there? Cah you get your dh to suggest that to her? Sounds like it would be hard to have her there 24/7, I couldn't do it with my MIL....
Old 09-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #3382
Stazon Splitcoast

Broke down and turned the heat on this am, first time since spring. Brrr, it's chilly! Hope it warms up soon...
Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #3383
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Glad you were able to do a little online shopping, that was nice of your dh. Hope you were able to get a good nights sleep last night, too. Will your MIL at least go and visit her dd for a few weeks here and there? Cah you get your dh to suggest that to her? Sounds like it would be hard to have her there 24/7, I couldn't do it with my MIL....
Now you are just talking crazy talk........the farm will surely fall apart if she is not here!??!?!?!?!

No she has been told she will stay at her house in town. Hubby said "see you in the spring" to her the other night as she was leaving, don't think she found that comment funny at all

My Creative Side

Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #3384
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Have fun Shell! Not sure if we are going to be here or not. We are trying to get a week at the cabin...

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #3385
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Went to Amy's last night to work on my calendars. I'm on the 10th month already, thankfully! I'm heading back to her house later this afternoon. She and I talked about doing the craft fairs together again this year....lots of work, but I could really use the little bit extra this year. I think it will be fun, we always have fun doing them together. We're going as crafters this year, so we can use our Cricuts!! I'm not a SU demo anymore, so I can't go as a demo, lol. Plus this way we can use whatever cs and patterned paper we have at home already, instead of using up the SU stuff on craft fair stuff.

Tell Amy I said hello. I miss her on here.

Have fun with the craft shows. You should do well.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #3386
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sounds like you got a ton of stuff going on. You are Superwoman!! Those Oreos sound delightful! You should share your recipe. DH loves the ones you get in the store.

The shopping sounds fun. What did you get?

Old 09-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #3387
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Broke down and turned the heat on this am, first time since spring. Brrr, it's chilly! Hope it warms up soon...
Wow! Already? Today it felt a bit cooler here this morning. Still in shorts though. But I can tell fall is in the air. I am happy!!!

Old 09-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #3388
Stazon Splitcoast

My uncle died on Sat. He lived in GA. Apparently, he was diagnosed with cancer in Feb, retired in May and told there was nothing they could do for the cancer. It spread pretty rapidly. This was my mom's baby brother.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #3389
Stazon Splitcoast

I purchased some paint today from Sherwin Williams for my craft room and for the spare bedroom. I haven't told DH that I have the paint yet!!!

Also got a new hairstyle tonight. I wound up getting a perm in my hair. I haven't had one in over 25 yrs!! I have to say things have changed a bit. I didn't even have to go under the hairdryer this time. I really like the light body it gave me. I didn't go real curly...too scared of that.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #3390
Stazon Splitcoast

I managed to get a lot of crafting done this weekend. Now that DH is going to school there is more time in the craft room for me! I made 5 cards, a mini album and made 4 floral arrangements. I posted some of these on my blog. Will eventually get all of them posted.

I can't wait till the weekend. I get to attend the 2 Tim Holtz classes at my LSS!!!! So excited and I don't have to take a thing. Apparently, Tim supplies everything needed for the classes.

DH and I celebrate our 12th anniversary on Saturday. We have a play to attend Fri night and being that I have the scrapbook classes and he is in school we will probably just go out for dinner on play night. Can't wait!

Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #3391
Total Quack

Quote:
How fun!!! Will you be at Disney for their festivities?

Yep. We have tickets for Mickey's Not-SO-Scary Halloween Party on the 31st. That should be fun if it's not the most crowded thing ever. One way or another, we're going to have a good time.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #3392
Total Quack

Quote:

I hope you have a great response from the craft fair - and that you have fun with it!

Old 09-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #3393
Total Quack

Quote:
This afternoon Joey has a birthday party to go to at Chuck E Cheese, he's pretty excited to go. I'm going to the Air Zoo, they're having a presentation by members of the WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilots...I think that's right) from WWII. They're going to have a Q & A session after they talk about their experiences, and a meet and greet too. I think it will be really interesting. When the Air Zoo added on to the building a couple of years ago, they dedicated a new room to the WASP and their accomplishments. It's a fabulous room.

Oh, that sounds soooo cool. I hope you enjoyed it. I know Joey will have a good time!

Old 09-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #3394
Total Quack

Quote:
Have a great weekend! Happy Birthday to your princess, hope she has a wonderful day today. Saw on FB that your Marine comes home today, how awesome! Have a great visit with him. How long is he home?

Thank you! She had a great day. Actually, he came in on Friday night. It was a great surprise for Jaydin. We told her 3 minutes before we had to leave to get him.

He's home through the weekend.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #3395
Total Quack

Quote:
I *almost* forgot to call my brother today to wish him happy birthday, lol. I remembered this morning, but since he's 3 hours behind I figured I should probably not wake him up. He's in New Orleans tonight with a childhood friend, they're at a concert of a band they both love. He's having a great day. And thankfully I remembered to call him in time. Whew!

The presentation today by the WASP at the Air Zoo was fabulous! There were five of them, all in their 90's. They had some great stories to tell, and their historian was there and gave us a great background of the WASP program. I'm so thankful that the Air Zoo had them there today.

So glad you had such a great time - and got that phone call made in time!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #3396
Total Quack

Quote:
Not much rest going on here, the cat and buggy are here to start the leveling of the land for the beginning of MIL construction. The backhoe is supposed to be here tomorrow to level the old house.

None going on here, either.

I hope your week is going to be a quiet one.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #3397
Total Quack

Quote:

Oh my. I'm sorry they caused you so much work. That's a shame.

Fun online shopping - retail therapy. I hope you got some good stuff.

Fun!!! Can't wait to see it.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #3398
Total Quack

Quote:

A little chilly here lately, too .... not cool enough for the heat, but chilly for us. Suppose to be back up in the upper 80s later this week, though.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #3399
Total Quack

Quote:
Now you are just talking crazy talk........the farm will surely fall apart if she is not here!??!?!?!?!

No she has been told she will stay at her house in town. Hubby said "see you in the spring" to her the other night as she was leaving, don't think she found that comment funny at all

Hahahahahahaaha!!!!!!

She's leaving??! She's not having to stay with you anymore?! I hope that's the case. I know that you would be much, MUCH happier all winter if it is.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #3400
Total Quack

Quote:
Have fun Shell! Not sure if we are going to be here or not. We are trying to get a week at the cabin...

Honey, I don't blame you!!!! Enjoy it if it works out.