Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2716Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #3241
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
And some people MIGHT think I'm kidding .....
And then there are those of us who know you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #3242
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It will be busy, but it's going to be SUCH an awesome week. Jaydin just has NO idea what's coming her way.
If you have to be busy, this sounds like the most fun way to be busy.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #3243
Stazon Splitcoast

Some of you have already seen my FB post from today, but I'll share with the others. Joey got off the bus today and asked to borrow one of my old yearbooks. I asked him why, and his response was that he needed a historical artifact for social studies tomorrow, and since my yearbooks are old and black and white they'd be perfect. And the worst part was, when I pulled out the 6th grade one, the binding is already coming apart, so it really does look old, LOL. I sent him with the 8th grade one instead. The middle school ones are thinner and lighter than the hs ones, so that's why I chose one of them. He's such a stinker, lol. And hey, I'm not even the oldest person he knows!!! I couldn't find any of dh's yearbooks, so I had to let him use mine, lol. That kid.....
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #3244
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Things here are good. We were out running errands today. I found lots of things to use for props at the science party. I'm going to set up a table to use for taking each kid's picture. It will be a mad science table. I even found a lab coat for them to use. It's huge, but will be perfect for the kids.
Sounds awesome!

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #3245
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I'm so glad they liked them! How cool that you made a banner to hang up at work, too. Using stuff you already had is a plus, now you'll have room next time you go shopping.
Well, the next time came today...I managed to go to Hobby Lobby after my doc appt. Haven't been there in a year or so!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #3246
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hope your friend is doing ok, that's great that she's where your dd is working.
Yes, and she went by to see her this morning. DD said she was getting ready to go home. So, I will try and visit her sometime next wk. I want her to get settled in and all. I know how hard it is when you have surgery and everyone wants to bombard you.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #3247
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Some of you have already seen my FB post from today, but I'll share with the others. Joey got off the bus today and asked to borrow one of my old yearbooks. I asked him why, and his response was that he needed a historical artifact for social studies tomorrow, and since my yearbooks are old and black and white they'd be perfect. And the worst part was, when I pulled out the 6th grade one, the binding is already coming apart, so it really does look old, LOL. I sent him with the 8th grade one instead. The middle school ones are thinner and lighter than the hs ones, so that's why I chose one of them. He's such a stinker, lol. And hey, I'm not even the oldest person he knows!!! I couldn't find any of dh's yearbooks, so I had to let him use mine, lol. That kid.....
ROTFLOL!!!!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #3248
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Well, the next time came today...I managed to go to Hobby Lobby after my doc appt. Haven't been there in a year or so!
What fun things did you get?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #3249
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes, and she went by to see her this morning. DD said she was getting ready to go home. So, I will try and visit her sometime next wk. I want her to get settled in and all. I know how hard it is when you have surgery and everyone wants to bombard you.
At least now you know she's really doing ok, so you can give her the time to settle in. I bet she is ready to sleep through the night at home.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #3250
Stazon Splitcoast

I just discovered if you go to bed at 8:50pm you wake up around 3:50 and you cant get back to sleep
I typed a post last night about going to bed early and being tired a little before I went to bed but hit refresh instead of submit and was too tired to retype it...so you get an early posting instead of a late one..I do have some reading to catch up on so I am going to take advantage of a quiet house...
Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #3251
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Things here are good. We were out running errands today. I found lots of things to use for props at the science party. I'm going to set up a table to use for taking each kid's picture. It will be a mad science table. I even found a lab coat for them to use. It's huge, but will be perfect for the kids.
where did you find the lab coat my DS wants a lab coat for halloween he has been saying it for months...I was thinking I was going to have to sew one...Jaydins party sounds so fun.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #3252
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
I just discovered if you go to bed at 8:50pm you wake up around 3:50 and you cant get back to sleep
I typed a post last night about going to bed early and being tired a little before I went to bed but hit refresh instead of submit and was too tired to retype it...so you get an early posting instead of a late one..I do have some reading to catch up on so I am going to take advantage of a quiet house...
Oh my, that's early! Hope tonight is better for you.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #3253
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
where did you find the lab coat my DS wants a lab coat for halloween he has been saying it for months...I was thinking I was going to have to sew one...Jaydins party sounds so fun.
Do you have any of those uniform shops that sell scrubs? They'd probably have some.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #3254
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I took Joey to the Air Zoo this afternoon. Radio Disney was there, and they were doing a Find Perry scavanger hunt. It was pretty fun. They also had games and prizes. Joey was thrilled to be chosen to do a game, and loved the perry bag that he got from it.

Our weather has been really wacky here. It's not even 70 degrees here today, although it was warmer earlier this week. We've been getting enough rain that the mold is prominent I think, since I can barely breathe and am getting my annual fall sinus infection. I'm drinking extra fluids (and I already drink lots of water, so I'm constantly in the bathroom, lol) and taking extra vitamin c. I hate having to wait until it's full blown until I can go to the dr for meds......
oh that sounds like so much fun!!

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #3255
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Thanks for all the well wishes for my exam. I am so happy it is behind me...at least as long as I passed it this time around. It was more difficult than I expected. One of those test that ask you what I call a "circus" question instead of the actual fact. I had 100 of those to answer!!! I should know in a week how I did. So keep your fingers crossed and say prayers.

Also, almost had to cancel going this morning. DH went to brush his teeth and picked up a Desitin tube instead of toothpaste! I almost thought I was going to have to take him to ER he was gagging so! Once I knew he was okay I just laughed so hard!!! It was priceless seeing that Desitin stuck to his teeth and lips!!!! HAAAAA!!!!!

Anyway, I am just so mean. So for a treat after the test DH takes me to Shepler's Western Store. He bought me a pair of crocodile vintage boots, a belt with lots of bling, and a pair of socks. Of course he told me I can't have any of it until my birthday!!! I am ecstatic to say the least!!! He does spoil me.

Now we are home watching the football game and resting. I am so exhausted from all the test studying I plan to rest the entire weekend.
yup actually laughed out loud at that vision, that stuff is hard to get off.

Wow what a haul, you lucky girl!!!

My Creative Side

Old 09-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #3256
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I managed to update my blog today. We are having a week of fun called Art for the Ages at work this week. I made pinwheels using my Cricut machine and Cricut Craft Room.

DH and I cleaned hse top to bottom today and he had a lonngg talk with RJ about all the stuff that went on. I hope some of it sinks in to her. She is almost 18 now.

I made a dinner of baked ham, butterbeans and mashed potatoes today. So yummy!! I made the mashed potatoes using my pressure cooker. Last night we made enchiladas after I cooked the chicken in the pressure cooker. I am really like this kitchen tool. It is really nifty. The potatoes were done in 7 min and the chick was done in 5!!! Imagine that???
wow, that pressure cooker sounds like quite the little machine

My Creative Side

Old 09-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #3257
Glitter Guru

Quote:
The pinwheels went over big today. They used them as a centerpiece display and going to give to the residents. Came home an hour early today to make a pendant display to hang up. It says "Art for the Ages". I will take a pic of it once it is hung tomorrow. It really came out well. I cut it using Pretty Pendants, A Child's Year, and Chip Decor cartridges. Really giving my Cricut machine a workout lately! Plus gone through 2 packs of paper. Feels good to use up my stash.
oh I love pinwheels, and they are such a ageless thing, everybody loves them

My Creative Side

Old 09-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #3258
Glitter Guru

Quote:
My sewing machine is in the shop. It was giving me fits on Saturday. They told me today that it looks like it needs to be serviced. It was serviced less than a year ago - and before that, there'd been no issues and hadn't been serviced in 10 years. Not sure what's going on with it. I did tell them that it had been serviced less than a year ago by THEM, so they are going to make sure that's what it needs. I'm very frustrated with it.

My truck's brakes freaked out yesterday, too, so it went to the shop. They can't replicate the problem, but it's getting new brakes, anyway.

We're home today. I've gotten a ton of cruise stuff done in the last 2 weeks, but I still need to make Jaydin's dress. I can't do that with her machine, though, and I need mine back.

I need to get up and get moving ..... time to eat lunch and work out.

I was going to take my machine in to be serviced, and hubby said "if it aint broke dont fix it" sometimes I really wonder if they do things to make you bring them back.

the brakes sound a little scray, better safe than sorry

My Creative Side

Old 09-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #3259
Glitter Guru

Quote:
We have been in the low 60s at night.

We had such a warm (i.e. non-existent) winter, I'm hoping that we get SOME good cold weather this time. We have had so many bees and hornets this year.
we had a real mild winter this last year, and ended up with way more bugs and insects. Lots of wood ticks, we need the cold weather we have so to keep a rein on these things

My Creative Side

Old 09-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #3260
Glitter Guru

Quote:
LOL! YES!! That must have been what happened. I left the machine in the truck overnight and they must have chatted. That cannot be allowed again.

No, we have 7 weeks until the cruise, but I've gotten a ton done in the last 2 weeks.

I ... actually ... have my mom's machine (the one in the shop) that she gave to me several years ago. I gave my Singer (horrible machine) to my niece.

I can use Jaydin's machine, but it's nothing like working with my own. I just can't use it to do the whole dress. Much different feel and cadence with it.
machines can NOT be trusted when left together!!

My Creative Side

Old 09-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #3261
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I seen your post, that sounds like something my children would do, luckily we have grammas years books around here and she is WAY older than me

My Creative Side

Old 09-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #3262
Glitter Guru

Harvest is rolling right along, 5 quarters left to go. The weather has been cooperating, morning have been breezy which means an earlier start. been in the combine for 10 hour days, my back is letting me know about it;s dislike of this situation.

Hubby says I can have tomorrow off to go with some friends to the city, but I have mixed feeling about it. I really want to go, and need the time away, but I know he will hear about it from the inlaws if I do, might just be easier to keep the peace and stay.

My Creative Side

Old 09-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #3263
Glitter Guru

Have a few rants about MIL

I put in a load of laundry the other morning, and set my sons laundry out to be washed next, off to work I went, came home later to find she had done my sons, which was good and a help, but I also found she had rewashed half of the load I had put in, apparently I cant do laundry properly even.

She moved her food over, then went on a huge grocery run, and she just shoves stuff every where never puts things away properly. So after a long day in the combine I still have to come home and organize properly. \then I hear a few days later, she had the nerve to complain to my hubby that "I moved her stuff" Last time I check it was MY house, and I like things neat and tidy, everything has a proper place. Again yesterday I went to the deep freeze, which is supposed to hold meat, nope full of bread and margarine and other stuff. so again I put it all where it belongs. last night she is mad again, cause what did I do with all the bread she bought. Hubby told her I put it away where it belonged......

This is going to be a long winter

My Creative Side

Old 09-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #3264
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
Harvest is rolling right along, 5 quarters left to go. The weather has been cooperating, morning have been breezy which means an earlier start. been in the combine for 10 hour days, my back is letting me know about it;s dislike of this situation.

Hubby says I can have tomorrow off to go with some friends to the city, but I have mixed feeling about it. I really want to go, and need the time away, but I know he will hear about it from the in laws if I do, might just be easier to keep the peace and stay.
right...I would go.. I am sure he has no problem talking to them, so let him...If you need the time away its best to go and enjoy.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #3265
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Have a few rants about MIL

... This is going to be a long winter
"Hugs"...hopefully she will learn where everything belongs soon!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #3266
Stazon Splitcoast

I exercised today...now I am hungry!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #3267
Total Quack

Quote:
I took a bunch of photos. I updated my FB timeline with a picture of the pier with a lighthouse at the end, that was from that trip.

That's beautiful, Molly!!

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #3268
Total Quack

Quote:
And then there are those of us who know you.

Heh heh heh .... You make me smile.

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #3269
Total Quack

Quote:
If you have to be busy, this sounds like the most fun way to be busy.

Very, very true. Should be a very fun busy.

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #3270
Total Quack

Quote:

Bless him ... that's just funny!!!

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #3271
Total Quack

Quote:

Gosh. I can't imagine going a year without shopping there. Hope you got some fun things.

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #3272
Total Quack

Quote:

I found a uniform place near my mom's house. It's in a VERY out-of-the-way place. I found the chef's coat for Jonah there last year when he was the Baker in their play. They have everything from lab coats to sheriff's supplies and SWAT team items. It's a great place. I found the chef's coat on clearance for $5, so I thought I'd see if they happened to have a lab coat .... YEP!! Got it on clearance for the same price. I was completely thrilled.

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #3273
Total Quack

Quote:
Do you have any of those uniform shops that sell scrubs? They'd probably have some.

Yep. Call around. You may be able to find a lab coat on clearance like I did. I hope so, though.

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #3274
Total Quack

Quote:
I was going to take my machine in to be serviced, and hubby said "if it aint broke dont fix it" sometimes I really wonder if they do things to make you bring them back.

the brakes sound a little scray, better safe than sorry

Everything I read says to get it done once a year or so. I talked with someone today that works on machine (a friend - but I didn't know she did that until today!), and she said that I shouldn't have to pay for the extra service, either. We'll see.

It was very scary. Hasn't happened again, though.

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #3275
Total Quack

Quote:
we had a real mild winter this last year, and ended up with way more bugs and insects. Lots of wood ticks, we need the cold weather we have so to keep a rein on these things

We did, too. We had TONS of hornets and bees. I am hoping for a much colder winter this year. I don't like to be cold, but I really, really don't want to deal with the bugs like this again.

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #3276
Total Quack

Quote:
machines can NOT be trusted when left together!!

Just like men ... or toddlers!

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #3277
Total Quack

Quote:

Hubby says I can have tomorrow off to go with some friends to the city, but I have mixed feeling about it. I really want to go, and need the time away, but I know he will hear about it from the inlaws if I do, might just be easier to keep the peace and stay.

What a shame. You probably need that time away. How many more days will it take for you to get the other quarters done?

Photography Site

Old 09-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #3278
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
What fun things did you get?
A couple paper packs, a wire owl to display in my room (pretty pink too), adhesives, some templates that were reduced and a cuttlebug folder, and a Picture Keeper to store digital photos (been wanting one of these and didn't know they carried them). I got the last one in the store.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #3279
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I would love a quiet house to myself for a change. Enjoy!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #3280
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
wow, that pressure cooker sounds like quite the little machine
Most definitely recommend one! Really a timesaver.