Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2236Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #3161
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Thanks for all the well wishes for my exam. I am so happy it is behind me...at least as long as I passed it this time around. It was more difficult than I expected. One of those test that ask you what I call a "circus" question instead of the actual fact. I had 100 of those to answer!!! I should know in a week how I did. So keep your fingers crossed and say prayers.

Also, almost had to cancel going this morning. DH went to brush his teeth and picked up a Desitin tube instead of toothpaste! I almost thought I was going to have to take him to ER he was gagging so! Once I knew he was okay I just laughed so hard!!! It was priceless seeing that Desitin stuck to his teeth and lips!!!! HAAAAA!!!!!

Anyway, I am just so mean. So for a treat after the test DH takes me to Shepler's Western Store. He bought me a pair of crocodile vintage boots, a belt with lots of bling, and a pair of socks. Of course he told me I can't have any of it until my birthday!!! I am ecstatic to say the least!!! He does spoil me.

Now we are home watching the football game and resting. I am so exhausted from all the test studying I plan to rest the entire weekend.
Hope you get great results on your test.

Oh my, your poor dh, but ROTFLOL!!!! I bet he's going to have that taste in his mouth forever, too. Have fun with your new stuff, when you get it. Happy Early Birthday to you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #3162
Stazon Splitcoast

About a month ago, Joey decided he wanted to raise some $ for the Sierra Club, which is an environmental group. Dh sent it in for him, and we didn't think about it again. Today in the mail, Joey got a really neat thank you card from them, with messages from 4 or 5 different people. It had some stickers and tatoos in it also. He was really thrilled, and so proud. I'm glad that even though the donation was small, they really made him feel like he made a difference. Kudos to them for getting it, you know?
Old 09-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #3163
Stazon Splitcoast

It's really nice outside, but I feel horrible. Mean ol' allergies. It's about 70 outside and cloudy, but a great day to be outside. I really wish I felt up to it. I had a make your own pizza kit, and dh "made" pizza, pretty proud of himself, lol. We're watching Lions football....it's sort of painful to watch them today.....but that's what we're trying to do anyway. Now, if I can get him to mow the lawn.......lol.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #3164
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
It's really nice outside, but I feel horrible. Mean ol' allergies. It's about 70 outside and cloudy, but a great day to be outside. I really wish I felt up to it. I had a make your own pizza kit, and dh "made" pizza, pretty proud of himself, lol. We're watching Lions football....it's sort of painful to watch them today.....but that's what we're trying to do anyway. Now, if I can get him to mow the lawn.......lol.
Hope you feel better soon. Allergies are the pits. My cat even has them.

The pizza sounds good..enjoy the game.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 09-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #3165
Stazon Splitcoast

I managed to update my blog today. We are having a week of fun called Art for the Ages at work this week. I made pinwheels using my Cricut machine and Cricut Craft Room.

DH and I cleaned hse top to bottom today and he had a lonngg talk with RJ about all the stuff that went on. I hope some of it sinks in to her. She is almost 18 now.

I made a dinner of baked ham, butterbeans and mashed potatoes today. So yummy!! I made the mashed potatoes using my pressure cooker. Last night we made enchiladas after I cooked the chicken in the pressure cooker. I am really like this kitchen tool. It is really nifty. The potatoes were done in 7 min and the chick was done in 5!!! Imagine that???

Old 09-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #3166
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hope you feel better soon. Allergies are the pits. My cat even has them.

The pizza sounds good..enjoy the game.
I feel the same, so at least it's not any worse, I guess. Nemo has allergies, I have to give him Benadryl for them.

It was a nail-biter, we barely won by a TD scored with only 10 seconds left to go....I hope the rest of the season isn't quite so close, lol.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 AM   #3167
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I managed to update my blog today. We are having a week of fun called Art for the Ages at work this week. I made pinwheels using my Cricut machine and Cricut Craft Room.

DH and I cleaned hse top to bottom today and he had a lonngg talk with RJ about all the stuff that went on. I hope some of it sinks in to her. She is almost 18 now.

I made a dinner of baked ham, butterbeans and mashed potatoes today. So yummy!! I made the mashed potatoes using my pressure cooker. Last night we made enchiladas after I cooked the chicken in the pressure cooker. I am really like this kitchen tool. It is really nifty. The potatoes were done in 7 min and the chick was done in 5!!! Imagine that???
The pinwheels turned out great! Glad you dh talked with RJ, hope he got through to her. Dinner sounds great, your pressure cooker is really getting a workout. Sounds like a handy tool to have.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:11 AM   #3168
Stazon Splitcoast

It's only 48 degrees outside right now. Brrrr! No wonder the trees are starting to lose their leaves early.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #3169
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The pinwheels turned out great! Glad you dh talked with RJ, hope he got through to her. Dinner sounds great, your pressure cooker is really getting a workout. Sounds like a handy tool to have.
Yes, I am really loving this tool!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #3170
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It's only 48 degrees outside right now. Brrrr! No wonder the trees are starting to lose their leaves early.
Wow! We are still in shorts and sleeveless here. In the upper 80's and low 90's still. Why can't we all have 70'ish something weather.. wouldn't that be nice?

Old 09-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #3171
Stazon Splitcoast

The pinwheels went over big today. They used them as a centerpiece display and going to give to the residents. Came home an hour early today to make a pendant display to hang up. It says "Art for the Ages". I will take a pic of it once it is hung tomorrow. It really came out well. I cut it using Pretty Pendants, A Child's Year, and Chip Decor cartridges. Really giving my Cricut machine a workout lately! Plus gone through 2 packs of paper. Feels good to use up my stash.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #3172
Total Quack

Quote:
I took Joey to the Air Zoo this afternoon. Radio Disney was there, and they were doing a Find Perry scavanger hunt. It was pretty fun. They also had games and prizes. Joey was thrilled to be chosen to do a game, and loved the perry bag that he got from it.

Our weather has been really wacky here. It's not even 70 degrees here today, although it was warmer earlier this week. We've been getting enough rain that the mold is prominent I think, since I can barely breathe and am getting my annual fall sinus infection. I'm drinking extra fluids (and I already drink lots of water, so I'm constantly in the bathroom, lol) and taking extra vitamin c. I hate having to wait until it's full blown until I can go to the dr for meds......

Oh, that sounds like fun!!!!! How awesome that he was chosen to do a game.

We're in the 80s, but it feels so much better than last week.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #3173
Total Quack

Quote:
Well, everything turned out fine. Just a little female issue that turned into a drama production by her overly stupid mother. DH had to get involved and basically take over. Then she stayed home from school the next day and RJ told DH she was there resting. Well, after he hung up with her he called me and told me she was at home resting. About 5 minutes later I am driving through Chick-Fil-A and see RJ in a van with her boyfriend!!! Needless to say I was livid and cld DH to let him know. She denied being with him and then her mother cld DH back to tell him yes she was with him that she didn't want to leave her alone at home. Soooo many lies and why in the world would you leave a 17 year old girl with her boyfriend?????
Anyway, DH is really upset about all of it and plans to address it this weekend with RJ.

I don't see any reason we couldn't meet up somewhere. You going to Disney?

I'm glad that it was nothing more than that.

Oh my!! Yeah, I'd be upset, too.

We'll be at Port Orleans on the 31st and 1st. Then, we'll be at the Art of Animation resort on the 10th and 11th.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #3174
Total Quack

Quote:
That is a big deal! Hugs to Jaydin for that!

Thanks! She's done great at raising money for it, too.

And ... she gets absolutely nothing for doing any of it. So proud of her.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #3175
Total Quack

Quote:
Thanks for all the well wishes for my exam. I am so happy it is behind me...at least as long as I passed it this time around. It was more difficult than I expected. One of those test that ask you what I call a "circus" question instead of the actual fact. I had 100 of those to answer!!! I should know in a week how I did. So keep your fingers crossed and say prayers.

Also, almost had to cancel going this morning. DH went to brush his teeth and picked up a Desitin tube instead of toothpaste! I almost thought I was going to have to take him to ER he was gagging so! Once I knew he was okay I just laughed so hard!!! It was priceless seeing that Desitin stuck to his teeth and lips!!!! HAAAAA!!!!!

Anyway, I am just so mean. So for a treat after the test DH takes me to Shepler's Western Store. He bought me a pair of crocodile vintage boots, a belt with lots of bling, and a pair of socks. Of course he told me I can't have any of it until my birthday!!! I am ecstatic to say the least!!! He does spoil me.

Now we are home watching the football game and resting. I am so exhausted from all the test studying I plan to rest the entire weekend.

Oh my gosh!!!! That's hilarious!!! I hope he's recovered from that, but I bet he checks the toothpaste label more carefully for a while!

Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #3176
Total Quack

Quote:
About a month ago, Joey decided he wanted to raise some $ for the Sierra Club, which is an environmental group. Dh sent it in for him, and we didn't think about it again. Today in the mail, Joey got a really neat thank you card from them, with messages from 4 or 5 different people. It had some stickers and tatoos in it also. He was really thrilled, and so proud. I'm glad that even though the donation was small, they really made him feel like he made a difference. Kudos to them for getting it, you know?

How precious that he did that, and how wonderful that they recognized it as a great gift. Good for him! He has to have great parents for wanting to give of himself as he does.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #3177
Total Quack

Quote:

That sounds like fun!!

I hope she gets it and stays on track. What are her plans after graduation?

Yum!!!

Old 09-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #3178
Total Quack

My sewing machine is in the shop. It was giving me fits on Saturday. They told me today that it looks like it needs to be serviced. It was serviced less than a year ago - and before that, there'd been no issues and hadn't been serviced in 10 years. Not sure what's going on with it. I did tell them that it had been serviced less than a year ago by THEM, so they are going to make sure that's what it needs. I'm very frustrated with it.

My truck's brakes freaked out yesterday, too, so it went to the shop. They can't replicate the problem, but it's getting new brakes, anyway.

We're home today. I've gotten a ton of cruise stuff done in the last 2 weeks, but I still need to make Jaydin's dress. I can't do that with her machine, though, and I need mine back.

I need to get up and get moving ..... time to eat lunch and work out.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #3179
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I grew up less than an hour from Ann Arbor, Michigan and the University of Michigan. They have a huge hospital there, I went to their childrens hospital when I was a kid. I love the whole atmosphere of the city, which is intertwined with the college. Those are the main reasons I'm a U of M fan. However....my brother finished his last two years at Michigan State University. I love sending his baby U of M stuff, lol.
LOVE THIS! What else are Nephews & Nieces for!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #3180
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's crazy fast! How was it?
Ditto...
Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #3181
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Have a great week with your sister!
I did she will be back tonight and fly out to morrow.. I have been very busy
Old 09-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #3182
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Come on! My kitchen is open to you anytime.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #3183
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I will get to work on more cruise stuff tomorrow and Friday. Since I have iQuest done for now, my mind can rest on that. I'm thinking about activities for October (studying Samson), but I won't get serious about that yet.

Next Saturday (the 15th), Jaydin has asked that our family walk in a Walk for Life. It supports our local Pregnancy Resource Center. I'm so proud of her for choosing that for our family fun day. It's only a mile, but for her ... to me that's a big deal.
certainly is what an excellent choice
Old 09-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #3184
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh my gosh!!!! That's hilarious!!! I hope he's recovered from that, but I bet he checks the toothpaste label more carefully for a while!
ditto: I was sorry I read the comment so late because I couldn't post right away.. If my DH had done this I would have been laughing all day long... heck all week long...everytime he smiled at me I would have laughed...heck I'ld probably still be getting a giggle out of it...
Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #3185
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My sewing machine is in the shop. It was giving me fits on Saturday. They told me today that it looks like it needs to be serviced. It was serviced less than a year ago - and before that, there'd been no issues and hadn't been serviced in 10 years. Not sure what's going on with it. I did tell them that it had been serviced less than a year ago by THEM, so they are going to make sure that's what it needs. I'm very frustrated with it.

My truck's brakes freaked out yesterday, too, so it went to the shop. They can't replicate the problem, but it's getting new brakes, anyway.

We're home today. I've gotten a ton of cruise stuff done in the last 2 weeks, but I still need to make Jaydin's dress. I can't do that with her machine, though, and I need mine back.

Ugh Shell when it rains it pours..
I hope everything get fixed right , quick , and inexpensive for you
....cant wait to see the dress your going to make !
Old 09-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #3186
Stazon Splitcoast

Need to fix dinner and go to my cubscout prog.
My sis flies home tomorrow so I should be able to get on a better schedule for chatting again...
Old 09-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #3187
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm glad that it was nothing more than that.

Oh my!! Yeah, I'd be upset, too.

We'll be at Port Orleans on the 31st and 1st. Then, we'll be at the Art of Animation resort on the 10th and 11th.
Yes, I am still quite miffed over it all. Not a whole lot we can control though from our end. As long as her idiot mother is allowing things to go on it will not change.

Remind me when the time gets nearer and I will see what we can make happen.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #3188
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Well, actually no...he tried to pick up another tube of ointment the other day..so I told him I am checking him into the Memory Care unit where I work!!! LoL!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #3189
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I hope she gets it and stays on track. What are her plans after graduation?
I have asked her and so has DH and she really doesn't know yet. I think she will go to a local 2 yr college and go from there. Hopefully, she will decide on something. I just hope she doesn't allow this boy to drag her down. He has already graduated and basically not going to school and no real plans at all. Only thing he does is sell fruit 2 days a week. I think he is a LOSER but convincing her of that in a nice way is almost impossible.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #3190
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

When it rains it pours! Sorry about the sewing machine and the brakes. Hope both are able to be repaired without any hitches.

Kudos on getting the cruise stuff done!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #3191
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
ditto: I was sorry I read the comment so late because I couldn't post right away.. If my DH had done this I would have been laughing all day long... heck all week long...everytime he smiled at me I would have laughed...heck I'ld probably still be getting a giggle out of it...
Believe me, I had to go to another room and laugh! He acts so childish when the jokes on him sometime that I have to do it discreetly! Of course, I had to let the fireman know what he did. So this joke is going to continue on!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #3192
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Need to fix dinner and go to my cubscout prog.
My sis flies home tomorrow so I should be able to get on a better schedule for chatting again...
It will be nice to have you back! I hope you enjoyed the time with your sis.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #3193
Stazon Splitcoast

I updated my blog with a banner I created for the art display at work. I used the Pretty Pennants cartridge and I love it!!!

I have a doc appt tomorrow for my knee. Just a check-up but I will be seeing the doc and not the PA. The gel injections have really worked out well for me. I am now jogging 3 times a wk with DH. I could not have done that a year ago.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #3194
Stazon Splitcoast

DH decided to go back to college. He is doing online studies and should finish in about a year. So, he is going to busy and probably a bear to live with for the next year or so...

Old 09-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #3195
Stazon Splitcoast

My friend had her stomach removed that I mentioned several wks ago. She had the surgery the other day and is in a hospital where my DD is doing her clinicals. I just found this out tonight and DD is going to try and see her tomorrow. They took her entire stomach and attached her esophagus to her intestine. She has to learn to eat all over again and will never be able to eat a big meal at one time.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #3196
Total Quack

Quote:

Definitely the same here. My dh would never live it down...

Old 09-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #3197
Total Quack

Quote:
Ugh Shell when it rains it pours..
I hope everything get fixed right , quick , and inexpensive for you
....cant wait to see the dress your going to make !

Thanks. The truck is back and doing fine so far.

The sewing machine place told me that they think it just needs to be serviced. It was serviced less than a year ago - by them - so I'm not thinking that is the problem. If they 'just' service it and charge me for that ($170), I'm NOT going to be happy. I don't sew that much, so my machine shouldn't need servicing that soon.

It's going to be a Minnie Mouse dress. I'm excited about it ... IF I get to make it.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #3198
Total Quack

Quote:
Yes, I am still quite miffed over it all. Not a whole lot we can control though from our end. As long as her idiot mother is allowing things to go on it will not change.

Remind me when the time gets nearer and I will see what we can make happen.

I'm sure you are. I would be, too.

Great. I'd love to see you again!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #3199
Total Quack

Quote:
Well, actually no...he tried to pick up another tube of ointment the other day..so I told him I am checking him into the Memory Care unit where I work!!! LoL!!!

Oh my!! You'd think he'd learn!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #3200
Total Quack

Quote:
I have asked her and so has DH and she really doesn't know yet. I think she will go to a local 2 yr college and go from there. Hopefully, she will decide on something. I just hope she doesn't allow this boy to drag her down. He has already graduated and basically not going to school and no real plans at all. Only thing he does is sell fruit 2 days a week. I think he is a LOSER but convincing her of that in a nice way is almost impossible.

I hope you can help her see that he isn't going to have much of a future. That's a hard position to be in!