Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2235Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #281
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I got in touch with a friend I grew up with today, we're FB friends but don't really connect much which is unfortunate. So I get to see her sometime this weekend when I'm home, and to see my aunt too. I want to see my aunt, but I also wanted to do something outside of that, too. I havn't seen my friend since our last school reunion, which was about 4 years ago. I feel a bit more settled now that I've heard from her tonight. There's just been so much going on lately...

I've always heard that things are supposed to happen in 3's, but I've lost track of how many rounds of 3 I'm on at the moment.....
Goodness Molly. I hope that things start looking up soon. Have fun visiting an old friend.

I am a life artist and love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:41 AM   #282
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
Do those thing really work??
Actually, yes. My sister lost a ton of weight using one and they are great for cardio. I have mine on my back porch so I can see it and use it daily. Mine has a timer on it so you know how long and how many jumps you do.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #283
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
WINDY yesterday!!

Our BBQ got blown off our deck. Our deck is 5 feet off the ground, it made the jump fine, but it was the sudden stop on the cement at the bottom that did it in. I was 2 feet from the deck door when it started to go, and I ran after it, but was just not fast enough. So i guess we are now sopping for a new BBQ

Rained over night too, very wet out new, but on the upside all the wind and rain pretty much got rid of the snow.

Really wish I lived closer to a Scrbook store, today is a good day to scrap n stamp
Sorry about the BBQ. Sounds like a very strong wind that took it.

Glad to hear someone is getting rain.

You would absolutely love my scrapbook store that is near me. Wish I could send it there for a day.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:45 AM   #284
Stazon Splitcoast

Got to check the weather. DH and I might take a motorcycle ride to the beach if no rain. Not sure yet..

Don't have to work Sunday now. But thinking I still might take next Friday off. I am just whipped lately.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #285
Stazon Splitcoast

Just used some Cricut rewards points and got Imagine Nursery Tails cartrridge and a new spatula. Been wanting/needing those..

Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #286
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
WINDY yesterday!!

Our BBQ got blown off our deck. Our deck is 5 feet off the ground, it made the jump fine, but it was the sudden stop on the cement at the bottom that did it in. I was 2 feet from the deck door when it started to go, and I ran after it, but was just not fast enough. So i guess we are now sopping for a new BBQ

Rained over night too, very wet out new, but on the upside all the wind and rain pretty much got rid of the snow.

Really wish I lived closer to a Scrbook store, today is a good day to scrap n stamp
Wow, that was some wind! Glad that's the only thing you lost due to it. I miss having a scrapping store close, too.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #287
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Goodness Molly. I hope that things start looking up soon. Have fun visiting an old friend.
Thanks, me too. I get to get together with my friend later this afternoon, so looking forward to that.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #288
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Got to check the weather. DH and I might take a motorcycle ride to the beach if no rain. Not sure yet..

Don't have to work Sunday now. But thinking I still might take next Friday off. I am just whipped lately.
Hope you're able to enjoy a motorcycle ride today, and that you have tomorrrow off too. Sounds like you need a little time off to recover from the last few weeks, hope you can plan to do something fun if you're able to take Fri off.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #289
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Just used some Cricut rewards points and got Imagine Nursery Tails cartrridge and a new spatula. Been wanting/needing those..
Sounds like a fun cartridge. Have fun with it when it gets there.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #290
Glitter Guru

yes the BBQ was the only thing on the deck, we learned our lesson last winter (our first winter in the house) All of the chairs from the patio set went off. So this winter everything went off for the winter. the BBQ was down for quite some time too, but seeing as it is so heavy we use the tractor to lift it up and down, so we had to put it up while the ground was still frozen so the tractor didnt dig into the dirt in the back yard

I would SO love a scrapbook store nearby, the closest one is 2 hours away. We did go to the city yesterday to find a new BBQ and I stopped at Michaels, that store just depresses me.

So I will have no kids here for most the day today, grandma and grandpa are taking the boys to the city for a car show, and Steph is gone babysitting for most of the day. 1 more day off and they are back in school, seems like it has been more that a week of school

Question ; do any of you sell 31 bags?? They are not sold up here in Canada, and I am trying to find someone who sells and is willing to ship up here for me

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 04-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #291
Stazon Splitcoast

Talked with my cousin Jan last night, and we get to see her today when we visit my aunt. My uncle should be there too when we're there, he won't have to be out in the fields today if it's raining. So I am actually hoping we have rain for once, lol. My cousin said that her mom has been doing ok the past few days, so hopefully today is another one of those kind of days. After we see her, my dad and Joey are planning on going to see the 3 Stooges movie, and I'm going to my friend's house. My mom had to work last night, so she's sleeping right now.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #292
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
yes the BBQ was the only thing on the deck, we learned our lesson last winter (our first winter in the house) All of the chairs from the patio set went off. So this winter everything went off for the winter. the BBQ was down for quite some time too, but seeing as it is so heavy we use the tractor to lift it up and down, so we had to put it up while the ground was still frozen so the tractor didnt dig into the dirt in the back yard

I would SO love a scrapbook store nearby, the closest one is 2 hours away. We did go to the city yesterday to find a new BBQ and I stopped at Michaels, that store just depresses me.

So I will have no kids here for most the day today, grandma and grandpa are taking the boys to the city for a car show, and Steph is gone babysitting for most of the day. 1 more day off and they are back in school, seems like it has been more that a week of school

Question ; do any of you sell 31 bags?? They are not sold up here in Canada, and I am trying to find someone who sells and is willing to ship up here for me
I can't believe that your BBQ blew off the deck with it being that heavy! Wow! Glad it was the only thing up there.

I feel the same thing about M's, they rarely have anything I'm interested in. I never go there anymore.

Have fun with your kid-free day today. Are you going to get some scrapping done?

I don't know anyone who sells the 31 bags, but they sure do have some cute ones.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #293
Stazon Splitcoast

My mom was having trouble connecting her Nook to wireless, so I tried to figure it out last night. Turns out that they came up with an update for the software, but hers didn't automatically update like it's supposed to because it couldn't get online. So I downloaded the software to the computer and updated it that way. Now it can access the wifi again. Thank goodness! lol
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #294
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I can't believe that your BBQ blew off the deck with it being that heavy! Wow! Glad it was the only thing up there.

I feel the same thing about M's, they rarely have anything I'm interested in. I never go there anymore.

Have fun with your kid-free day today. Are you going to get some scrapping done?
I don't know anyone who sells the 31 bags, but they sure do have some cute ones.
I did finally get my Porject life book caught up, that was my one goal for this week while the kids were of school. I printed the pictures last weekend, and got the rest all finished this morning. Now to get back into my room and clean all of the PL stuff up so I have room to scrap and make cards

My Creative Side

Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #295
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I did finally get my Porject life book caught up, that was my one goal for this week while the kids were of school. I printed the pictures last weekend, and got the rest all finished this morning. Now to get back into my room and clean all of the PL stuff up so I have room to scrap and make cards
Congrats on getting the PL caught up!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #296
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Ditto on this and I don't have any 31 bags connections either. Sorry.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #297
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Talked with my cousin Jan last night, and we get to see her today when we visit my aunt. My uncle should be there too when we're there, he won't have to be out in the fields today if it's raining. So I am actually hoping we have rain for once, lol. My cousin said that her mom has been doing ok the past few days, so hopefully today is another one of those kind of days. After we see her, my dad and Joey are planning on going to see the 3 Stooges movie, and I'm going to my friend's house. My mom had to work last night, so she's sleeping right now.
Have fun visiting your relatives. Hope it goes well.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #298
Stazon Splitcoast

Trip to the beach was kind of a bust. It started out all sunny and bright. Halfway to the beach it got cloudy and no sun..well Florida weather is like that. It can be raining on one side of street and sunny on the other so we kept going. Got to the beach and it was super windy, cloudy and cold. We sat near the dunes and I took pictures. Left there and went and split a coconut shrimp wrap at a place on the beach. Afterward, rode home and got ready to head to meet some business associates for Indian food. They are from India and first time for me and DH to eat this type of food. Very enjoyable. Let them guide us through the selection. Not something I would do often, but recommend everyone give it a try if they have never done it. Enjoyed their company the most and learned a great deal about their culture.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #299
Stazon Splitcoast

Today I am cleaning hse and doing laundry. I have quite a bit and running out of laundry detergent. I see a Sam's Club trip in my future this week.

I hope to get some crafting done today. But I am really not feeling too sporty. I have a headache and my side is bothering me....

Old 04-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #300
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Glad you were able to get caught back up, bet that feels good. I need to do some cleaning in my room downstairs too, hope you were able to get in yours today.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #301
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Have fun visiting your relatives. Hope it goes well.
Thanks, we did have a nice time. My aunt seemed glad to have us all there, so that was the best part.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #302
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Trip to the beach was kind of a bust. It started out all sunny and bright. Halfway to the beach it got cloudy and no sun..well Florida weather is like that. It can be raining on one side of street and sunny on the other so we kept going. Got to the beach and it was super windy, cloudy and cold. We sat near the dunes and I took pictures. Left there and went and split a coconut shrimp wrap at a place on the beach. Afterward, rode home and got ready to head to meet some business associates for Indian food. They are from India and first time for me and DH to eat this type of food. Very enjoyable. Let them guide us through the selection. Not something I would do often, but recommend everyone give it a try if they have never done it. Enjoyed their company the most and learned a great deal about their culture.
Sounds like you had a good day, and a fun time at dinner, too.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #303
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Today I am cleaning hse and doing laundry. I have quite a bit and running out of laundry detergent. I see a Sam's Club trip in my future this week.

I hope to get some crafting done today. But I am really not feeling too sporty. I have a headache and my side is bothering me....
Hope you're feeling better.

I'm doing laundry and cleaning, too. It's dreary here, so a good day to get some un-fun stuff done inside, lol.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #304
Stazon Splitcoast

Joey and I got home from my parents house this am in time to watch my Red Wings lose their play-off game today. Gee, glad I came home early for that, lol. But the good thing about being here by noon was that I'm finally finishing getting caught up on laundry from our vacation. I did just enough to get by, because I've been spending extra time with my friend who was in the hospital and then finally home.

I'm going through the basement thsi afternoon and getting rid of things that I don't need anymore, like Joey's baby clothes. Don't need them, will keep a few things I really liked, and plan on donating the rest. There's a family at school that needs some of them (they had a fire, so need to replace some things), and so I'm setting aside that size for them. I'm hoping to have a garage sale in a few weeks too, so trying to get stuff set aside for that, too. I'm only doing the garage sale once, probably for 2 or 3 days and then everything left gets donated too. I don't want to be on the hoarders show anytime soon, lol. I need to go through things upstairs too, but can do that later.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #305
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Joey and I got home from my parents house this am in time to watch my Red Wings lose their play-off game today. Gee, glad I came home early for that, lol. But the good thing about being here by noon was that I'm finally finishing getting caught up on laundry from our vacation. I did just enough to get by, because I've been spending extra time with my friend who was in the hospital and then finally home.

I'm going through the basement thsi afternoon and getting rid of things that I don't need anymore, like Joey's baby clothes. Don't need them, will keep a few things I really liked, and plan on donating the rest. There's a family at school that needs some of them (they had a fire, so need to replace some things), and so I'm setting aside that size for them. I'm hoping to have a garage sale in a few weeks too, so trying to get stuff set aside for that, too. I'm only doing the garage sale once, probably for 2 or 3 days and then everything left gets donated too. I don't want to be on the hoarders show anytime soon, lol. I need to go through things upstairs too, but can do that later.
that will be nice, to know you are helping others while you clean up, which is helping yourself as well. There are a few pieces of Josh's baby clothes I wish I had kept, but at the time we didnt have room to store anything extra.

My Creative Side

Old 04-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #306
Glitter Guru

ok, it took me over 2 hours but I got all of my caught up PL post on my blog all schedules right up until the end of May, that should help me through seeding.

Got 3 weeks of cards for I Made it Mondays as well, with lots more to come, I have 7 things that need cards in the next few weeks so I had better get making them too!

Snowing here again, boy this month has just been crappy weather wise for us, and this week doesn't look like it is going to get any better either.

My Creative Side

Old 04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #307
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a pic of my cloudy beach day.
Attached Thumbnails
beach.jpg  

Old 04-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #308
Stazon Splitcoast

Updated my blog with more beach pictures. I got some really cool ones of a group of pelicans that flew over us.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #309
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
that will be nice, to know you are helping others while you clean up, which is helping yourself as well. There are a few pieces of Josh's baby clothes I wish I had kept, but at the time we didnt have room to store anything extra.
I kept a few things, stuff I really liked etc, but for the most part I downsized. I emptied out 4 storage bins of stuff. There's a bunch more stuff to go through downstairs, but most of the baby clothes are taken care of now. Some day I want to make a quilt using his baby clothes as the squares, but that's WAY down the road - first I need to know how to use the sewing machine a lot better, lol.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #310
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
ok, it took me over 2 hours but I got all of my caught up PL post on my blog all schedules right up until the end of May, that should help me through seeding.

Got 3 weeks of cards for I Made it Mondays as well, with lots more to come, I have 7 things that need cards in the next few weeks so I had better get making them too!

Snowing here again, boy this month has just been crappy weather wise for us, and this week doesn't look like it is going to get any better either.
Glad you got caught up on your blog, have fun making cards too.

Snow?!? Yikes!! We're getting rain, maybe we could share that with you instead of the snow.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #311
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Here is a pic of my cloudy beach day.
Beautiful photo!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #312
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Updated my blog with more beach pictures. I got some really cool ones of a group of pelicans that flew over us.

Love the beach photos on your blog. Looks like a neat trip.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:17 AM   #313
Stazon Splitcoast

My friend who has cancer is meeting with her cancer board (the group of people at the cancer center who will be doing/coordinating her treatments) so she'll find out what kind of treatments she'll need. Hopefully it's not both radiation and chemo, but whatever they think she needs is ok with us.

I need to get some more laundry done and more cleaning upstairs and down in the basement, too. I need to get more ingredients for no bake cookies, I made no bake blobs last night. It's so irritating when that happens. I need a dessert to take to school for the conference meals for the teachers, so guess I'll make a trip to the grocery store later too. At least it doesn't have to be at school until tomorrow afternoon, so I've got some time.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #314
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
well the flooring thing....where do I start, seems we have one floor joist that has pushed up, causeing an unlevel spot on the floor. It runs across the kitchen, which is why the tiles lifted on both ends of the island, and likely the island id holding the ones down where it is. They put the tile back down, but with no garuntees that it will last. If it happens again we will have to rip up the whole floor and put Lino down, which means ripping up the whole kitchen seeing as we put the cabinets in top of the tiles like every body suggested, (not the way we had planned it )
I can't imagine all that trouble with a floor joist in a new house. Will the joist shrink in the summer heat letting the tile lay flat? Good luck.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #315
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
long two days here... so glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow...the first wedding present arrived today...Invites are out and going.. I will finally have time tomorrow to post to my blog... made some sour dough starter so I am making English muffins in the morning.. hoping they work...
The invites are breath-taking. The punching and embossing are so beautiful together. Super job of love.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #316
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Here are a couple of pics from our trip (hopefully, lol)

Good, it worked. lol The second photo is my fav from Universal, Joey actually cooperated and made the face I asked him to, lol. In the family photo, it's from when we went to Ft Lauderdale to meet up with my great aunt and her friend who were going on a cruise the next day. In the back row it's my aunt, great aunt, her friend, and then me.
Nice pics of Joey and his girls.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #317
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Thank you!

I found a cute tiered skirt that I'm going to make myself. If I can make it work, I'll make a little one to match for Jaydin. We'll see how it goes. I'd like for us to be able to wear them on the cruise. Clothes are very hard to find....

I bought a pattern for another dress for Jaydin, too ... this one is without buttons or zippers. It SHOULD be really easy.
Have fun..you'll have to have a room for all your sewing materials soon. Buying material is almost as bad as buying rubber and ink.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #318
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
My mom was having trouble connecting her Nook to wireless, so I tried to figure it out last night. Turns out that they came up with an update for the software, but hers didn't automatically update like it's supposed to because it couldn't get online. So I downloaded the software to the computer and updated it that way. Now it can access the wifi again. Thank goodness! lol
You are getting more techy every year.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #319
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Hope you were able to achieve something and got some down time. Sounds like you need it.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #320
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

great plan..it's starting to be garage time of the year again.