Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2716Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #201
Stazon Splitcoast

Got my CTMH box last week. I haven't even had time to look through it. I plan to spend some time on Saturday doing that. I have to work on Sunday for my boss and taking the following Friday off. I can't wait to have a "me" day!!!

I am a life artist and love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #202
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
mailed invites this morning...and dropped some off for DD friends at DQ...watched them open it and yes she turned it over.. so yeah...on that one, hopefully everyone will do the same... should post a blog with them on Monday at least after spring break, Easter and making pies...

I also bought my pie making supplies making 5 for easter and a sponge cake. Then I ran by the bank glad I did something was done wrong..I came home all deperessed..seems they said I was over drawn..I couldnt believe it....When I came home I caught the mistake turns out an expensive purchase I made this week was double posted...it cant all be fixed until tomorrow , but they credited me the fee and tomorrow they are going to correct it if they both post wrong tonight...turns out I am not in competent after all made me feel much better.
this afternoon I had a busy day at home..
I cut out and baked a bunch of sugar cookies and did a base coat of smooth yellow frosting on them.. I am going to decorate them tomorrow.

Heated up left overs for dinner and then typed up two sets of sourdough starter and recipe things I had been given years ago.. I told my SIL I would copy them for her but a few years ago I told myself that every time I gave some one a recipe I would type it up.. so this turned out to be about 8 typed pages...

I am hoping to someday have a cook book of favorite recipes to give my DD's...I have several on my computer.. I am thinking this year might be a year they get a cook book for Christmas...I have been typing up an old Ostivg family cook book that I typed up years ago on of all things a typewriter .. I am from the stone age I guess... but I have been typing it so I can give it to them as well...so I have been busy...and it takes forever because I am not the most accurate at typing...like you didn't know that!, and my DD interrupted things with her wedding!
Kathy, sounds like you had a wonderful Easter with the big dinner and family! I love that.

I just admire you for doing the cookbook thing and love the idea of using typewriter. I wish I could get my hands on one. That is just so cool to me!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #203
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana stamps View Post
When it rains it pours. I got a perm on Thursday--remember the 80's with the afro hairdos--that's me. Famous last words from my hairdresser--let's just go with a smaller rod so the curl last longer. I know, in a few weeks it will be perfect.
Then I fell and broke my glasses. Found a place that I could get in yesterday so now I have new glasses.
Wednesday was my birthday (boo hoo) and I completely forgot to get my driver's license renewed and a sticker for my car plates. But I did remember Thursday so now my picture on my license shows someone with frizzy hair and broken glasses. At least when a store clerk asks for my I D I will be able to enjoy the shocked look on their face. Hope your week is going better.
OMG! I had to laugh at this. I hope you didn't harm yourself though! Happy belated birthday too!!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #204
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
We had a wonderful day. We had a beautiful egg hunt and so much love and fun. Jaydin was very proud of her dress, and she got many, many good words about it.
That is awesome Shell! I bet she was gorgeous!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #205
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
Well I am glad that, that weekend is over, first time in 12 years that my whole family has not been here for Easter, it was a little hard, I had a little melt down. Mu hubby told that our family loved me, and my cooking and that my children would appreciate it if I still made a nice big meal for them (isn't he sweet) So i invited some friends that were also alone over and we had a good time.

Today I am going to make up the programs for our annual Dance Club Recital coming up on the 21st. Going to try to make them something a little different this year.

Also have flooring installers coming, our tile floor in my kitchen has lifted in 2 spots, after only a year and a half. Not sure how much they are going to take up or what they are going to do.... Little scared about that

Still have snow here, the temps have still been in the minus' at night so it is not going anywhere very fast.

Going to the city with the kids tomorrow, the big kids want to see the Hunger Games, and my youngest and I are going to see the Lorax, should be a good day!
Oh, sorry about the meltdown but glad you chose an alternative to share your Easter with friends.

Hope the flooring thing goes well.

I can't believe you are getting snow when we are already sweltering from the heat here and going into a drought.

Let me know how those movies are. I want to see both of them.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #206
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Oh, sorry about the meltdown but glad you chose an alternative to share your Easter with friends.

Hope the flooring thing goes well.

I can't believe you are getting snow when we are already sweltering from the heat here and going into a drought.

Let me know how those movies are. I want to see both of them.
Ditto Ditto...DD and I went and saw "Hunger Games" it was good but still undecided about how I feel about it...
Old 04-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #207
Stazon Splitcoast

busy couple of days
Old 04-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #208
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Thought I would check in w/everyone here. Company is gone; finally. I say that only because this past wk totally wore me out and my grocery bill more than doubled. I could not believe how much 2 people eat! My sis and BIL literally broke me from wanting to go grocery shopping again! I sat down and added my receipts from the grocer and I kid you not the bill was over $319.00 for 7 days. I about died because my DH and I only eat about that for one month! They both "expected" me to cook 3 meals a day....of course, I didn't as much told them. DH and I planned things to do with them but both are not in the best health and could not walk very far due to BIL with an injured foot and my sis with no energy...(maybe if they didn't eat so much and exercised they wouldn't feel so lethargic..ummm???)...Anyway, overall we did enjoy having them here but totally ready when they decided to leave. We canned the beach trip since they were not very active and it rained. Went to the Gator blue and orange game on Saturday and DD's house for a BBQ. Well, my sis was only out in the sun for a brief period of time. However, she claimed she got sun poisoned. Funny thing is that I did not see any redness on her. So glad we canned the beach trip. God forbid if she had got more sun than what she did on Saturday.

Anyway, enough of that. Glad we live a distance from each other and makes me appreciate my kids and DH.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Ours was not very traditional and I miss coloring eggs and little kids. DH asked me if I would like another child. I told him why yes, I would love one!
I am sorry you din't enjoy your visit more, my family is like that when they come here, don't mean to brag, but I could run circles around them, and they think I do nothing because I am a stay at home!!

We didnt color eggs here either, didn't seem like Easter

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Old 04-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #209
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Got my CTMH box last week. I haven't even had time to look through it. I plan to spend some time on Saturday doing that. I have to work on Sunday for my boss and taking the following Friday off. I can't wait to have a "me" day!!!
oh a "me" day enjoy that!!

My Creative Side

Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #210
Glitter Guru

well the flooring thing....where do I start, seems we have one floor joist that has pushed up, causeing an unlevel spot on the floor. It runs across the kitchen, which is why the tiles lifted on both ends of the island, and likely the island id holding the ones down where it is. They put the tile back down, but with no garuntees that it will last. If it happens again we will have to rip up the whole floor and put Lino down, which means ripping up the whole kitchen seeing as we put the cabinets in top of the tiles like every body suggested, (not the way we had planned it )

My Creative Side

Old 04-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
well the flooring thing....where do I start, seems we have one floor joist that has pushed up, causeing an unlevel spot on the floor. It runs across the kitchen, which is why the tiles lifted on both ends of the island, and likely the island id holding the ones down where it is. They put the tile back down, but with no garuntees that it will last. If it happens again we will have to rip up the whole floor and put Lino down, which means ripping up the whole kitchen seeing as we put the cabinets in top of the tiles like every body suggested, (not the way we had planned it )
Oh Yuck...I hope it works out...
Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #212
Total Quack

Quote:
I would love to see a picture!!! Please....

They are on FB and my blog, but here ya go .....
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0027.jpg   dsc_0030.jpg  

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #213
Total Quack

Quote:
[/COLOR]

of course not, I just bounce back

So do apples, but they still bruise. I hope you didn't have any bruises or pain!

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #214
Total Quack

Quote:
saw the pic on fb of Jaydin's dress--you did a great job on it. Give yourself a pat on the back for achieving above your comfort level.

Thank you so much!! I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #215
Total Quack

Quote:
Had a great day yesterday. Weather was warm enough to go outside, church was beyond packed, get together with family was such a joy filled time--loved all the little kids running around. Enjoyed the peace and quiet when I got home.

That sounds awesome. I wish we had more little ones around. It was hard for Jaydin without Caitlyn and Kenzie here.

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Just the way Easter should be.

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #216
Total Quack

Quote:
Received 40 more Stampinup clear cases last week so back to organizing today. Have 30 more sheets of ez mount so I can mount some more stamps. Now to find time...

Way to go!!!

I need to get some of the EZ mount. I have some unmounted stamps coming my way soon and will need to use it, I think. Never dealt with it before, though.

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #217
Total Quack

Quote:
Well I am glad that, that weekend is over, first time in 12 years that my whole family has not been here for Easter, it was a little hard, I had a little melt down. Mu hubby told that our family loved me, and my cooking and that my children would appreciate it if I still made a nice big meal for them (isn't he sweet) So i invited some friends that were also alone over and we had a good time.

Today I am going to make up the programs for our annual Dance Club Recital coming up on the 21st. Going to try to make them something a little different this year.

Also have flooring installers coming, our tile floor in my kitchen has lifted in 2 spots, after only a year and a half. Not sure how much they are going to take up or what they are going to do.... Little scared about that

Still have snow here, the temps have still been in the minus' at night so it is not going anywhere very fast.

Going to the city with the kids tomorrow, the big kids want to see the Hunger Games, and my youngest and I are going to see the Lorax, should be a good day!

Oh, I know how hard that is. I think it was the first time in ..... well, ever.... that we weren't all together. Wow. I didn't really realize that...

Good for you on inviting friends! I invited some, but they ended up going out of town. There were 10 of us here, but it wasn't the same.

Sorry about the floor! Wow. I know you aren't happy with that.

Frost advisory here tonight. I didn't expect that! I've covered the garden and deck plants, though. I think they'll be fine.

Did the kids enjoy Hunger Games?? We loved it. Jonah and I have read all of the books, though.

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #218
Total Quack

Quote:
Thought I would check in w/everyone here. Company is gone; finally. I say that only because this past wk totally wore me out and my grocery bill more than doubled. I could not believe how much 2 people eat! My sis and BIL literally broke me from wanting to go grocery shopping again! I sat down and added my receipts from the grocer and I kid you not the bill was over $319.00 for 7 days. I about died because my DH and I only eat about that for one month! They both "expected" me to cook 3 meals a day....of course, I didn't as much told them. DH and I planned things to do with them but both are not in the best health and could not walk very far due to BIL with an injured foot and my sis with no energy...(maybe if they didn't eat so much and exercised they wouldn't feel so lethargic..ummm???)...Anyway, overall we did enjoy having them here but totally ready when they decided to leave. We canned the beach trip since they were not very active and it rained. Went to the Gator blue and orange game on Saturday and DD's house for a BBQ. Well, my sis was only out in the sun for a brief period of time. However, she claimed she got sun poisoned. Funny thing is that I did not see any redness on her. So glad we canned the beach trip. God forbid if she had got more sun than what she did on Saturday.

Anyway, enough of that. Glad we live a distance from each other and makes me appreciate my kids and DH.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Ours was not very traditional and I miss coloring eggs and little kids. DH asked me if I would like another child. I told him why yes, I would love one!

Oh my!!! That sounds like an exhausting week!! I hope that you're able to rest a bit now.

Soooooo.... when are you due???

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #219
Total Quack

Quote:
That is awesome Shell! I bet she was gorgeous!!!

I thought so, but I AM a little prejudice.

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #220
Total Quack

Quote:

Ewwww!! Not cool!!!

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #221
Total Quack

Long day here, but a pretty good one. I'm tired.

Photography Site

Old 04-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #222
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
They are on FB and my blog, but here ya go .....
very cute.. you did a wonderful job and she looks like she loves it!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #223
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh my!!! That sounds like an exhausting week!! I hope that you're able to rest a bit now.

Soooooo.... when are you due???
LOL... this is how bad rumors start...
Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #224
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Long day here, but a pretty good one. I'm tired.
long two days here... so glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow...the first wedding present arrived today...Invites are out and going.. I will finally have time tomorrow to post to my blog... made some sour dough starter so I am making English muffins in the morning.. hoping they work...
Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #225
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope everyone is recovered from their trips and having a great week...
Old 04-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #226
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm just starting to recover from our trip, lol. We got home Monday morning. Actually, we arrived at my aunt's house about 1:30am Mon morning, and we slept for a few hours before making the hour trip home. It was a fun trip, but the driving took forever. What made the trip down so long was the NCAA final four, when Kentucky and Louisville played each other in KY, we got stuck in all of that traffic in KY and TN going down. Unfortunatly that's what made us so late, and unable to meet up with Shell. And Dell and I were both so busy we weren't able to meet up either. But at least I got to meet up with them last time I went down, and maybe the next time I go, whenever that will be.

While I was gone, found out that one of my really good friends had to have a hysterectomy (did I spell that right??) due to cancer in her uterus and ovaries. We found out yesterday that it's stage 1 and not stage 3 like they initally thought, so while she has a long road of recovery in front of her we are thankful that it's not longer. I've been spending time with her since I've been home, Amy and I went together to see her yesterday morning.

I finally caught up here, sounds like everyone had a busy week and holiday.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #227
Stazon Splitcoast

Here are a couple of pics from our trip (hopefully, lol)

Good, it worked. lol The second photo is my fav from Universal, Joey actually cooperated and made the face I asked him to, lol. In the family photo, it's from when we went to Ft Lauderdale to meet up with my great aunt and her friend who were going on a cruise the next day. In the back row it's my aunt, great aunt, her friend, and then me.
Attached Thumbnails
_0014.jpg   _0010.jpg   _0012.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #228
Stazon Splitcoast

I have more cleaning and more laundry to do, but I don't wanna! lol Even though we're home, I havn't really been at home. And we are going to my parents this weekend, because one of my aunts is not doing well. She's had Parkinson's for years, and they told the family to come and visit soon. So we're going on Fri when Joey gets out of school, so I need to get some laundry done.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #229
Glitter Guru

Shell

Love the dress, you did a great job, looks like she was tickled pink with it too

The movies were great, the big kids LOVED the HUnger Games, that was all they talked about after.

Us little kids thought the Lorax was great to, love movies that actually tell a story and get the kids thinking rather than just sction and shooting

Tried to do a little summer shopping, successful for the kids, just depressing for me. The stores are either geared at stick thin teens, or ladies like my grandma, nothing for this of us in between. Good thing I take care of my clothing, they should last years to come, and then......

My Creative Side

Old 04-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #230
Glitter Guru

Molly sounds like you had fun

I hear ya about all the driving, seems we are miles away from everthing too.

Nice that you were able to meet up with your aunt

PS- kids never cooperate in pictures, lol

My Creative Side

Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #231
Stazon Splitcoast

Just stopping by to let everyone know I did a blog post for my announcements...If you wanted to see them.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #232
Stazon Splitcoast

Molly, sorry to hear the bad news about your friend and Aunt.. glad the news of your friend is not as bad as you first thought...Enjoy the visit with your Aunt... Oh and I hope their isnt that much laundry to do.. though I keep finding things to wash at my house
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #233
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Molly sounds like you had fun

I hear ya about all the driving, seems we are miles away from everthing too.

Nice that you were able to meet up with your aunt

PS- kids never cooperate in pictures, lol
had to share this picture from Easter because of this post...The sun was shining but I don't think DS has ever learned to smile for a camera
Attached Thumbnails
easter-22-.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #234
Stazon Splitcoast

made English muffins from scratch today...They turned out nice other than I think they need to raise twice as long and Cook on a hotter griddle...
Attached Thumbnails
english-muffins_0000.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #235
Glitter Guru

Quote:
had to share this picture from Easter because of this post...The sun was shining but I don't think DS has ever learned to smile for a camera
ha ha too funny!!

My Creative Side

Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #236
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Just stopping by to let everyone know I did a blog post for my announcements...If you wanted to see them.
They look great, Love all of the colors and the texture with the embossing and the puches. Super work!!

My Creative Side

Old 04-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #237
Total Quack

Quote:
very cute.. you did a wonderful job and she looks like she loves it!
Thank you!!

She does. She was so proud of it.

Photography Site

Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #238
Total Quack

Quote:
LOL... this is how bad rumors start...

Hahahaa ... she started it!

Photography Site

Last edited by Shell; 04-12-2012 at 06:09 PM..
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #239
Total Quack

Quote:
long two days here... so glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow...the first wedding present arrived today...Invites are out and going.. I will finally have time tomorrow to post to my blog... made some sour dough starter so I am making English muffins in the morning.. hoping they work...

Busy, busy!!!

Enjoy having a day at home.

Photography Site

Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #240
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Well, I'm just starting to recover from our trip, lol. We got home Monday morning. Actually, we arrived at my aunt's house about 1:30am Mon morning, and we slept for a few hours before making the hour trip home. It was a fun trip, but the driving took forever. What made the trip down so long was the NCAA final four, when Kentucky and Louisville played each other in KY, we got stuck in all of that traffic in KY and TN going down. Unfortunatly that's what made us so late, and unable to meet up with Shell. And Dell and I were both so busy we weren't able to meet up either. But at least I got to meet up with them last time I went down, and maybe the next time I go, whenever that will be.

While I was gone, found out that one of my really good friends had to have a hysterectomy (did I spell that right??) due to cancer in her uterus and ovaries. We found out yesterday that it's stage 1 and not stage 3 like they initally thought, so while she has a long road of recovery in front of her we are thankful that it's not longer. I've been spending time with her since I've been home, Amy and I went together to see her yesterday morning.

I finally caught up here, sounds like everyone had a busy week and holiday.

Wow .... that sounds a little miserable. I am glad that you arrived home safely. I hope you can recover!!

Photography Site