Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2813Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #161
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Hi y'all! Been crazy busy last few wks. My sis & bill are here and I am off the rest of wk. We have a lot in store to do b4 they go home next wk. Work has been super busy and I have a new boss. The last one resigned and for the best. I really like my new boss so far & she talked with me about the issues I am having and wants to make things right for me. She seems genuine andI told her if things don't change I am not staying. She does not want me to leave and told me she would work with me to get things changed and my benefits back.

Other news, I am now a Close To My Heart consultant. I have always loved their products and decided to try selling it and doing some workshops. I am very excited!

I need to catch up on here. I think I read where Molly is in Florida. I am going to try and text her on the number I have for her. Hope it is still her number. Not sure if I will get to see herbor not.m
Hopefully your new boss will stay true to her word, and things will look up.

Close to My Heart, love their stuff, especially their workshops on the go packs, everything you need to scrapbook, last time I ordered 4 of them at once, I think my gal here is no longer selling though, Good luck with you new venture

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #162
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Happy Birthday, Diana!!!!!! Hope you have an awesome day!!!!!
Oh Ditto.. Happy Birthday!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #163
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm glad you like your new boss and that she's going to work with you to help you stay there.

Congrats! Enjoy that.
Ditto...I hope she works out the benefit stuff also...Hope you enjoy your visit with your sis also...oh and BIL too
Old 04-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #164
Stazon Splitcoast

Just checking in quick. Finally have internet as of this am, the neighbors were kind and shared their wireless with us. Our cousin, who's house we're staying in, was involved in a bad accident while we were driving down here. She's ok, but is hospitalized with several broken ribs and thankflully her lungs have reinflated, too. We've been visiting her every day, and hopefully she'll be able to get out before we go home on Sat.

Hope everyone's having a good week.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

mailed invites this morning...and dropped some off for DD friends at DQ...watched them open it and yes she turned it over.. so yeah...on that one, hopefully everyone will do the same... should post a blog with them on Monday at least after spring break, Easter and making pies...

I also bought my pie making supplies making 5 for easter and a sponge cake. Then I ran by the bank glad I did something was done wrong..I came home all deperessed..seems they said I was over drawn..I couldnt believe it....When I came home I caught the mistake turns out an expensive purchase I made this week was double posted...it cant all be fixed until tomorrow , but they credited me the fee and tomorrow they are going to correct it if they both post wrong tonight...turns out I am not in competent after all made me feel much better.
this afternoon I had a busy day at home..
I cut out and baked a bunch of sugar cookies and did a base coat of smooth yellow frosting on them.. I am going to decorate them tomorrow.

Heated up left overs for dinner and then typed up two sets of sourdough starter and recipe things I had been given years ago.. I told my SIL I would copy them for her but a few years ago I told myself that every time I gave some one a recipe I would type it up.. so this turned out to be about 8 typed pages...

I am hoping to someday have a cook book of favorite recipes to give my DD's...I have several on my computer.. I am thinking this year might be a year they get a cook book for Christmas...I have been typing up an old Ostivg family cook book that I typed up years ago on of all things a typewriter .. I am from the stone age I guess... but I have been typing it so I can give it to them as well...so I have been busy...and it takes forever because I am not the most accurate at typing...like you didn't know that!, and my DD interrupted things with her wedding!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Just checking in quick. Finally have internet as of this am, the neighbors were kind and shared their wireless with us. Our cousin, who's house we're staying in, was involved in a bad accident while we were driving down here. She's ok, but is hospitalized with several broken ribs and thankflully her lungs have reinflated, too. We've been visiting her every day, and hopefully she'll be able to get out before we go home on Sat.

Sheesh, Molly, that's terrible.. I am glad she is okay and I hope you are still enjoying your trip.. I bet she is loving the extra visits at the hospital...and I am sure your aunt is happy to be there and not so far away...Hope she recovers quickly.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #167
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally went to the zoo...it was packed very hard to find parking...but we had fun and got so many pictures my battery died...

But it was a fun Day.. DD and I are going to the movie tonight...what a long day.. spring break is coming to a close...Next week ...I don't have anymore excuses.. I need to organize and clean up around here and till my garden...we stopped and bought some seeds a the flower farm today also...

Busy day with nice weather...Loved it!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #168
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
went shopping today got a Birthday present for my DD and a Prom dress for youngest DD I think its the last one I have to buy...yes all at the same time

Also mailed everything( Easter package for DGS's and DD Birthday present) out the door hoping it gets to its destinations by Sat... for got to ask the Postman the expected arrival date?
I can understand the happy/sad of buying the last prom dress. You wonder where the time goes. But on the bright side you will still get to pick up flowers for the ds' prom dates.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #169
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Yesterday, we went to the church. The older people in the church helped us stuff goody bags for the Easter egg hunt coming on Saturday. While there, Jaydin's ear started hurting - but just a little at first. We left the church around 2. I was going to take her to the clinic immediately, but #1, we hadn't had lunch yet, and #2, the clinic person has to take a mandatory lunch break from 1:30 until 2:30. We got to McDonald's around 2:15 (across the street from the clinic), and ate quickly. We had to wait 45 minutes when we got to the clinic at 2:45. She was in tears the whole time we sat there .... it was pitiful. We were finally seen and the prescription was sent to our pharmacy. The good news there was that the medicine was free.

The doctor/nurse practitioner was going to give Jaydin liquid medicine, but we asked for pills. She, then, was going to give her 2 pills in 1/2 the dose so that each time she took them, she'd have to take 2. She thought the normal pills were too big for Jaydin to swallow. I assured her that it wouldn't be an issue. When she called it in to the pharmacy, the pharmacist questioned whether Jaydin could swallow them. When we got to the pharmacy to pick it up ... they asked AGAIN. LOL!! Jaydin swallows them without a hitch. She's done the pill thing for over a year, so it's not an issue for her anymore.
Don't your doctors know yet to listen to you. Poor Jaydin...I hope the pills worked quickly.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #170
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Hi y'all! Been crazy busy last few wks. My sis & bill are here and I am off the rest of wk. We have a lot in store to do b4 they go home next wk. Work has been super busy and I have a new boss. The last one resigned and for the best. I really like my new boss so far & she talked with me about the issues I am having and wants to make things right for me. She seems genuine andI told her if things don't change I am not staying. She does not want me to leave and told me she would work with me to get things changed and my benefits back.

Other news, I am now a Close To My Heart consultant. I have always loved their products and decided to try selling it and doing some workshops. I am very excited!

I need to catch up on here. I think I read where Molly is in Florida. I am going to try and text her on the number I have for her. Hope it is still her number. Not sure if I will get to see herbor not.m
Have fun with your family. Glad you get to spend some time with them.

Hope the new boss continues to be caring and concerned and your issues all worked out.

Close to My Heart must be expanding. One of my friends became a consultant a few months ago. I'm saving for the Cricut cart they have. Love that it comes with stamp sets.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #171
Glitter Guru

Hoppy Easter!!

More like Merry Christmas here, we have been under a heavy snowfall warning for the past 24 hours, and it does not end until tomorrow night, we almost have as much snow as we did all winter, yuck. Snowing and blowing.

My Creative Side

Old 04-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #172
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
mailed invites this morning...and dropped some off for DD friends at DQ...watched them open it and yes she turned it over.. so yeah...on that one, hopefully everyone will do the same... should post a blog with them on Monday at least after spring break, Easter and making pies...

I also bought my pie making supplies making 5 for easter and a sponge cake. Then I ran by the bank glad I did something was done wrong..I came home all deperessed..seems they said I was over drawn..I couldnt believe it....When I came home I caught the mistake turns out an expensive purchase I made this week was double posted...it cant all be fixed until tomorrow , but they credited me the fee and tomorrow they are going to correct it if they both post wrong tonight...turns out I am not in competent after all made me feel much better.
I cut out and baked a bunch of sugar cookies and did a base coat of smooth yellow frosting on them.. I am going to decorate them tomorrow.

Heated up left overs for dinner and then typed up two sets of sourdough starter and recipe things I had been given years ago.. I told my SIL I would copy them for her but a few years ago I told myself that every time I gave some one a recipe I would type it up.. so this turned out to be about 8 typed pages...

I am hoping to someday have a cook book of favorite recipes to give my DD's...I have several on my computer.. I am thinking this year might be a year they get a cook book for Christmas...I have been typing up an old Ostivg family cook book that I typed up years ago on of all things a typewriter .. I am from the stone age I guess... but I have been typing it so I can give it to them as well...so I have been busy...and it takes forever because I am not the most accurate at typing...like you didn't know that!, and my DD interrupted things with her wedding!
have fun with the baking--your house will smell so good. Now to keep everyone from wanting to sample the goodies.

I thought I heard a sigh of relief the other day. Must have been you mailing the invites. Can't wait to see them.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #173
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Finally went to the zoo...it was packed very hard to find parking...but we had fun and got so many pictures my battery died...

But it was a fun Day.. DD and I are going to the movie tonight...what a long day.. spring break is coming to a close...Next week ...I don't have anymore excuses.. I need to organize and clean up around here and till my garden...we stopped and bought some seeds a the flower farm today also...

Glad you got to take the boys to the zoo..and didn't keep them there.

What movie are you going to see?

Spring break goes so quickly...but summer is just around the corner. Oh and a wedding...
Old 04-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #174
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post
Hoppy Easter!!

More like Merry Christmas here, we have been under a heavy snowfall warning for the past 24 hours, and it does not end until tomorrow night, we almost have as much snow as we did all winter, yuck. Snowing and blowing.
Guess you can't hide the Easter eggs outside. The weather is certainly playing a bad trick on you. Be safe and warm.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #175
Hardware Hotshot

When it rains it pours. I got a perm on Thursday--remember the 80's with the afro hairdos--that's me. Famous last words from my hairdresser--let's just go with a smaller rod so the curl last longer. I know, in a few weeks it will be perfect.
Then I fell and broke my glasses. Found a place that I could get in yesterday so now I have new glasses.
Wednesday was my birthday (boo hoo) and I completely forgot to get my driver's license renewed and a sticker for my car plates. But I did remember Thursday so now my picture on my license shows someone with frizzy hair and broken glasses. At least when a store clerk asks for my I D I will be able to enjoy the shocked look on their face. Hope your week is going better.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #176
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana stamps View Post
Guess you can't hide the Easter eggs outside. The weather is certainly playing a bad trick on you. Be safe and warm.
on the upside, the chocolate won't melt!

My Creative Side

Old 04-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #177
Glitter Guru

Quote:
When it rains it pours. I got a perm on Thursday--remember the 80's with the afro hairdos--that's me. Famous last words from my hairdresser--let's just go with a smaller rod so the curl last longer. I know, in a few weeks it will be perfect.
Then I fell and broke my glasses. Found a place that I could get in yesterday so now I have new glasses.
Wednesday was my birthday (boo hoo) and I completely forgot to get my driver's license renewed and a sticker for my car plates. But I did remember Thursday so now my picture on my license shows someone with frizzy hair and broken glasses. At least when a store clerk asks for my I D I will be able to enjoy the shocked look on their face. Hope your week is going better.
I am sorry, but I have to admit I laughed at that!!

Back when I started doing hair I gave my sister a perm, she actually told me I made her look like a shag rug!!

My Creative Side

Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

Busy day for me but wanted to stop in before I hit the hay and say...

Happy Easter to everyone!!!
Hope you have a nice one...
Also wanted to tell Molly, Amy and Dell to drive safe home from all their trips...

Old 04-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #179
Stazon Splitcoast

I will have to read and catch up later.. GN
Old 04-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #180
Glitter Guru

Hoppy Easter EveryBunny!!

My Creative Side

Old 04-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #181
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
have fun with the baking--your house will smell so good. Now to keep everyone from wanting to sample the goodies.

I thought I heard a sigh of relief the other day. Must have been you mailing the invites. Can't wait to see them.
LOL...yes you were correct that wasme that sighed!

We just got home lotsnof goodies left over...put the almost whole cherry pie in the. Freezers...but there are way to many other pieces of pie left.
It was a vry nice day with family and at church...
Old 04-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #182
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
What an adventurous day! I hats the smallrods ...if it looks like an Afro great...IAlways ended up looking like Bozo the clown!

Last edited by jostvig; 04-08-2012 at 08:03 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #183
Total Quack

Quote:

Wow .... You had planned to COOK! I sure hope you enjoy it more than I do!

I think the cookbook is an awesome idea.

Photography Site

Old 04-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #184
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post

Oh, I am SO sorry about your cousin. I hope she was able to make it home before you had to leave. How is she feeling???

Photography Site

Old 04-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #185
Total Quack

Quote:

Sounds like a good day at the zoo. Good luck with the cleaning and organizing!!!

Photography Site

Old 04-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #186
Total Quack

Quote:
Don't your doctors know yet to listen to you. Poor Jaydin...I hope the pills worked quickly.

Well, we went to the CVS clinic instead of our doctor. It was in the middle of the day, and our doctor is an hour from us.

She was finally feeling better by Friday. She's doing fine now. I just hope this medicine knocks it all out.

Photography Site

Old 04-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #187
Total Quack

Quote:
Hoppy Easter!!

Oh my!!! Snowing ... I can't imagine. I hope that you were still able to have a wonderful Easter.

Photography Site

Old 04-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #188
Total Quack

Quote:

Oh my goodness ... you are so funny, Diana. I"m so sorry that you fell and that you broke your glasses. Did you get hurt??

Photography Site

Old 04-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #189
Total Quack

Quote:
on the upside, the chocolate won't melt!

Yeah, we had to be careful with that....

Photography Site

Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #190
Total Quack

Quote:
LOL...yes you were correct that wasme that sighed!

We just got home lotsnof goodies left over...put the almost whole cherry pie in the. Freezers...but there are way to many other pieces of pie left.
It was a vry nice day with family and at church...

Sounds like a wonderful day!!!

Photography Site

Old 04-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #191
Total Quack

We had a wonderful day. We had a beautiful egg hunt and so much love and fun. Jaydin was very proud of her dress, and she got many, many good words about it.

Photography Site

Old 04-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #192
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We had a wonderful day. We had a beautiful egg hunt and so much love and fun. Jaydin was very proud of her dress, and she got many, many good words about it.
I would love to see a picture!!! Please....
Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #193
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Hoppy Easter EveryBunny!!
back at everyone here ( a little late but the wish is the same)
Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #194
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
What an adventurous day! I hats the smallrods ...if it looks like an Afro great...IAlways ended up looking like Bozo the clown!
lol I know what you mean (unfortunately).
Old 04-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #195
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Oh my goodness ... you are so funny, Diana. I"m so sorry that you fell and that you broke your glasses. Did you get hurt??

of course not, I just bounce back
Old 04-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #196
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
saw the pic on fb of Jaydin's dress--you did a great job on it. Give yourself a pat on the back for achieving above your comfort level.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #197
Hardware Hotshot

Had a great day yesterday. Weather was warm enough to go outside, church was beyond packed, get together with family was such a joy filled time--loved all the little kids running around. Enjoyed the peace and quiet when I got home.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #198
Hardware Hotshot

Received 40 more Stampinup clear cases last week so back to organizing today. Have 30 more sheets of ez mount so I can mount some more stamps. Now to find time...
Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #199
Glitter Guru

Well I am glad that, that weekend is over, first time in 12 years that my whole family has not been here for Easter, it was a little hard, I had a little melt down. Mu hubby told that our family loved me, and my cooking and that my children would appreciate it if I still made a nice big meal for them (isn't he sweet) So i invited some friends that were also alone over and we had a good time.

Today I am going to make up the programs for our annual Dance Club Recital coming up on the 21st. Going to try to make them something a little different this year.

Also have flooring installers coming, our tile floor in my kitchen has lifted in 2 spots, after only a year and a half. Not sure how much they are going to take up or what they are going to do.... Little scared about that

Still have snow here, the temps have still been in the minus' at night so it is not going anywhere very fast.

Going to the city with the kids tomorrow, the big kids want to see the Hunger Games, and my youngest and I are going to see the Lorax, should be a good day!

My Creative Side

Old 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #200
Stazon Splitcoast

Thought I would check in w/everyone here. Company is gone; finally. I say that only because this past wk totally wore me out and my grocery bill more than doubled. I could not believe how much 2 people eat! My sis and BIL literally broke me from wanting to go grocery shopping again! I sat down and added my receipts from the grocer and I kid you not the bill was over $319.00 for 7 days. I about died because my DH and I only eat about that for one month! They both "expected" me to cook 3 meals a day....of course, I didn't as much told them. DH and I planned things to do with them but both are not in the best health and could not walk very far due to BIL with an injured foot and my sis with no energy...(maybe if they didn't eat so much and exercised they wouldn't feel so lethargic..ummm???)...Anyway, overall we did enjoy having them here but totally ready when they decided to leave. We canned the beach trip since they were not very active and it rained. Went to the Gator blue and orange game on Saturday and DD's house for a BBQ. Well, my sis was only out in the sun for a brief period of time. However, she claimed she got sun poisoned. Funny thing is that I did not see any redness on her. So glad we canned the beach trip. God forbid if she had got more sun than what she did on Saturday.

Anyway, enough of that. Glad we live a distance from each other and makes me appreciate my kids and DH.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Ours was not very traditional and I miss coloring eggs and little kids. DH asked me if I would like another child. I told him why yes, I would love one!

I am a life artist and love it!