Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 01-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #12761
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Believe it or not it was 30 degrees here yesterday and this morning. I realize not as cold as everyone else though. I am enjoying it and it was still nice enough to get into the hot tub on the patio.

Sassy has recovered nicely and back to her old self again. She goes to the surgeon tomorrow for the final check up. I can't wait for them to see how well she has done.

RJ announced this weekend that she is having a boy. That sb a lot of fun to plan for! She and SIL are very excited!
I missed this part the first time I read it. How fun! Now you can think of fun boy things to make for the shower.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smokiesgal and jostvig like this post.
Unread 01-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #12762
Stazon Splitcoast

It's supposed to be warm enough for the next couple of days for it to rain....that's nice and all, but I do not want another sinus infection from the "warm up". Ugh!

I'm downstairs working on the epoxy for my 30oz cup, the one I plan to use for water and tea. The one that I just finished is a 20 oz cup that I'm planning on using for coffee. I have so many ideas, I do not need to make myself 20 of these cups..........but it is tempting lol. When I'm done with both of them I'll post a picture. I hope the epoxy sets soon, because I'm cold down here.
Unread 01-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #12763
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
That sounds good! I hope it tastes as good as it sounds. Enjoy.
It was very good and DH loved it!

I am a life artist and love it!
jostvig likes this post.
Unread 01-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #12764
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
That sounds like an awesome machine to have!
They are wonderful!

jostvig likes this post.
Unread 01-11-2017, 07:46 PM   #12765
Total Quack

Hey, ya'll!!!! I'm so sorry that I haven't been on. My fall was BEYOND crazy. I've got to go back and read what I've missed. I hope ya'll had wonderful holidays. Our was different .... not really in a good way .... but life goes on, and we will see how things go from here.

My niece is having twins. They are due in May, but I think they are taking them in April. She's mad at me and not speaking to me at the moment, though. So, I won't see them much if at all, I guess.

Things are going well at the ranch. We're there 4-6 days a week. Jaydin is getting ready for the upcoming rodeo season. She's so excited about getting started again. The ranch sold the pony that she was riding. She's too big for it, and the pony is too sassy for the kids we have coming up that would fit her. Jaydin was so very, very sad, but the owner of the ranch gave her a 'commission' for training the pony. That was so very cool. She got paid for training a horse at only 11 years old!!!

Jonah is doing great. He is working full time as a manager, and he just took at part-time job at church as our Children's Ministry Assistant (helps our Children's Minister). That will be really good for his resume'. He is also still in school, but is taking all on-line classes this semester.

I'm incredibly sore tonight. The horse I rode yesterday decided that he didn't want to do what I needed him to do without bucking. So, we had a little ...... discussion .... and he bucked some more. I had to .... discuss things with him until he stopped that ridiculousness. Then, he hit me in the face with his head when I went to put him back in his pasture. I was not particularly happy with him yesterday!!! LOL!

When Jaydin was riding yesterday, she went to run the barrel pattern. She went around the first barrel, and she ended up IN FRONT of the saddle! LOL! So, she was in a bit of pain today, too. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better riding day for her.

I will try to catch up more often. I feel like I'm constantly updating websites, editing pictures, or working on lesson plans (of one kind or another!). I hope ya'll have an awesome rest of the week!!

Photography Site

Unread 01-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #12766
Stazon Splitcoast

SO what a year I have had and what a year 2017 is working out to become.

Sorry that Life has been so crazy busy. Most of my goals for the last year were turned on there head, with all the craziness. I think i last posted in March, right before my nephews wedding. My DD#1 came to visit and DD#5 came to live with us with my DGD. She was also Pregnant Had him in august 2, about a week over due. About a week after she came DD#7 decided at the ast minute to come homeand work for her Uncle, and brought her (now Husband to work here, so he lived at my FIL, but spent most of his time at our house, NY sister adn her husband came the end of June, DD#6 and her husband came in July. DD#5 Husband got leave to come home for a 3 week visit and managed to be here for the birth of his son, DD#7 got engaged end of may early Jun and got married on Aug 13th in UT, had the recption here Aug 6th. DD#5 parents came to see the baby and be here for the blessing of the baby AUg 7th. Anyways I got home and had a few weeks to get DS#1 Senior Pictures taken, and school starting. Then we got DD#5 ready to go to NC and Fort Bragg at Thanks giving. Got to see my Girsl in NC and MD they all came for Thanksgiving. Came home and Promptly got Sick and had 3 weeks to get ready for Christmas and feeding 20 people. I also made 6 baby quilts last year and got released as the YW leader so I should have more free time. I had allergy cold sinus problems everyother month since March, and I am sick with something similar right now lots of fluid a cough and a low fever, but really I am doing okay.

Last year I also had the pleasure of replacing the following appliances, Pressure tank, Stove, Dishwasher, The new stove, the dryer, the motor to the water softner, the Washer and then since the trip to NC two 700$ repairs on 2 different cars. It was a very stress full year....I was looking forward to relaxing when DD#3 called and told me on Christmas Eve she got engaged...they are getting married in July. So my last Daughter is getting married. On Dec 27 the I had a new Grand daughter born, last week I was told another Baby is comming.

So with all of that I feel very blessed, everything is paid for and everyone is healthy for the most part. I have just been too busy. I was cleaning like mad, and I am working on one more baby quilt for the newest DGD. All in all I have 5 grand Sons and 5 grnaddaughters now. Looking forward to DS#1 graduating in June and everything else that will fill in all the blanks in my life. Now hopefully since the cubscouts and YWomens things are over I can find more time to chat and make the plates I wanted to do last year. I have 3 bunny banks, to paint also they have been waiting since last March. Sigh.

Miss you guys and I am glad Ive been able to read and catch up occasionally.

Thanks for the calendar Molly, you are amazing.
smokiesgal likes this post.
Unread 01-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #12767
Stazon Splitcoast

So I checked in yesterday, and no one had replied.

soI thought I'd check in again, Yesterday I had to get up very early to take my son into the cities to get his wisdom teeth pulled. The Dr. said we hit the wisdom teeth lottery, and he would be surprised if he had any difficulties.

well based on yesterday, I think that Dr knows his stuff. My son is deffinate doing beter than any of the girls and deffinately better than I was yesterday, so yeah.

whatever it is I am fighting must have went to my eye I woke up to it all bloody, got an appt with my eye dr late in the day, so I got some drops, she said it probably got red from cougiing, but that it was also inflamed.

today i am headed into to urgent care to see the dr. for some meds. just couldnt seem to find a dr appt the last few days that worked with the schedule, or with how i felt.

hoping to get there and be first in line this morning.

wish me luck
Unread 01-14-2017, 07:57 AM   #12768
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Hey, ya'll!!!! I'm so sorry that I haven't been on. My fall was BEYOND crazy. I've got to go back and read what I've missed. I hope ya'll had wonderful holidays. Our was different .... not really in a good way .... but life goes on, and we will see how things go from here.

My niece is having twins. They are due in May, but I think they are taking them in April. She's mad at me and not speaking to me at the moment, though. So, I won't see them much if at all, I guess.

Things are going well at the ranch. We're there 4-6 days a week. Jaydin is getting ready for the upcoming rodeo season. She's so excited about getting started again. The ranch sold the pony that she was riding. She's too big for it, and the pony is too sassy for the kids we have coming up that would fit her. Jaydin was so very, very sad, but the owner of the ranch gave her a 'commission' for training the pony. That was so very cool. She got paid for training a horse at only 11 years old!!!

Jonah is doing great. He is working full time as a manager, and he just took at part-time job at church as our Children's Ministry Assistant (helps our Children's Minister). That will be really good for his resume'. He is also still in school, but is taking all on-line classes this semester.

I'm incredibly sore tonight. The horse I rode yesterday decided that he didn't want to do what I needed him to do without bucking. So, we had a little ...... discussion .... and he bucked some more. I had to .... discuss things with him until he stopped that ridiculousness. Then, he hit me in the face with his head when I went to put him back in his pasture. I was not particularly happy with him yesterday!!! LOL!

When Jaydin was riding yesterday, she went to run the barrel pattern. She went around the first barrel, and she ended up IN FRONT of the saddle! LOL! So, she was in a bit of pain today, too. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better riding day for her.

I will try to catch up more often. I feel like I'm constantly updating websites, editing pictures, or working on lesson plans (of one kind or another!). I hope ya'll have an awesome rest of the week!!

Congrats on your niece's twins Shell!!!

I can't believe how much Jaydin has learned. She is such a lovely young lady. You should be so proud!!!

Unread 01-14-2017, 08:03 AM   #12769
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post

Sorry that Life has been so crazy busy. Most of my goals for the last year were turned on there head, with all the craziness. I think i last posted in March, right before my nephews wedding. My DD#1 came to visit and DD#5 came to live with us with my DGD. She was also Pregnant Had him in august 2, about a week over due. About a week after she came DD#7 decided at the ast minute to come homeand work for her Uncle, and brought her (now Husband to work here, so he lived at my FIL, but spent most of his time at our house, NY sister adn her husband came the end of June, DD#6 and her husband came in July. DD#5 Husband got leave to come home for a 3 week visit and managed to be here for the birth of his son, DD#7 got engaged end of may early Jun and got married on Aug 13th in UT, had the recption here Aug 6th. DD#5 parents came to see the baby and be here for the blessing of the baby AUg 7th. Anyways I got home and had a few weeks to get DS#1 Senior Pictures taken, and school starting. Then we got DD#5 ready to go to NC and Fort Bragg at Thanks giving. Got to see my Girsl in NC and MD they all came for Thanksgiving. Came home and Promptly got Sick and had 3 weeks to get ready for Christmas and feeding 20 people. I also made 6 baby quilts last year and got released as the YW leader so I should have more free time. I had allergy cold sinus problems everyother month since March, and I am sick with something similar right now lots of fluid a cough and a low fever, but really I am doing okay.

Last year I also had the pleasure of replacing the following appliances, Pressure tank, Stove, Dishwasher, The new stove, the dryer, the motor to the water softner, the Washer and then since the trip to NC two 700$ repairs on 2 different cars. It was a very stress full year....I was looking forward to relaxing when DD#3 called and told me on Christmas Eve she got engaged...they are getting married in July. So my last Daughter is getting married. On Dec 27 the I had a new Grand daughter born, last week I was told another Baby is comming.

So with all of that I feel very blessed, everything is paid for and everyone is healthy for the most part. I have just been too busy. I was cleaning like mad, and I am working on one more baby quilt for the newest DGD. All in all I have 5 grand Sons and 5 grnaddaughters now. Looking forward to DS#1 graduating in June and everything else that will fill in all the blanks in my life. Now hopefully since the cubscouts and YWomens things are over I can find more time to chat and make the plates I wanted to do last year. I have 3 bunny banks, to paint also they have been waiting since last March. Sigh.

Kathy, so glad to hear from you and see you are as busy as usual!!! My, what a house you have had the past year!!! I can't even imagine...

Congrats on all the grandchildren! You are waaaayyy ahead of me. LOL!!! Anyway, sounds like you need a well deserved vacation!

I can understand the appliance thing and replacing household things. It never ends. We went last night and had to purchase a new dishwasher. The handle on mine broke. Sounds like an easy fix right? Nope...it cost almost as much to repair as it does to replace. The handle is part of the structure of the display board. Being it is 5 years old we opted to replace. Really irks me that we are forced to be so disposable in this society...

We miss you too and hope you can check in a bit more often...

Unread 01-14-2017, 08:05 AM   #12770
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

soI thought I'd check in again, Yesterday I had to get up very early to take my son into the cities to get his wisdom teeth pulled. The Dr. said we hit the wisdom teeth lottery, and he would be surprised if he had any difficulties.

well based on yesterday, I think that Dr knows his stuff. My son is deffinate doing beter than any of the girls and deffinately better than I was yesterday, so yeah.

whatever it is I am fighting must have went to my eye I woke up to it all bloody, got an appt with my eye dr late in the day, so I got some drops, she said it probably got red from cougiing, but that it was also inflamed.

today i am headed into to urgent care to see the dr. for some meds. just couldnt seem to find a dr appt the last few days that worked with the schedule, or with how i felt.

wish me luck

So glad DS wisdom teeth pulling went well. Ouch!!!

I hope you can find some relief and get some meds started soon. Feel better my friend.

Unread 01-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #12771
Stazon Splitcoast

Took Sassy back to vet this week for her final check. She is doing excellent and vet said we can gradually exercise her more.

I received my diploma in the mail last week and it was truly surreal! They even put "summa cum laude" on my degree! I am so happy that I went back and finished.

We are supposed to have the state inspect our home based assisted living this week. After we get clearance we can officially open. I am going to be pretty busy in the next few weeks or couple of months training and marketing...

DD is flying down from VT in a few weeks. We are looking forward to spending time with her.

DH decided to clean the garage today. So, here we go with another long day of cleaning.....

Unread 01-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #12772
Total Quack

Quote:

Wow ... what a year! It's so neat that all of your daughters have found their soulmates. And what a blessing to have all those grandbabies!! How old is your youngest now? I can't believe your oldest son is graduating.

Good luck on having more time to craft. Sure hasn't happened for me, yet!!

Photography Site

Unread 01-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #12773
Total Quack

Quote:

wish me luck

So very glad that things went well for your son's wisdom teeth. Jonah had them taken out, too. He didn't have a lot of issues, either.

I really hope your eye meds are helping and that you were able to get some meds to help you feel better over all. Let us know!!!

Photography Site

Unread 01-14-2017, 04:27 PM   #12774
Total Quack

Quote:
Congrats on your niece's twins Shell!!!

I can't believe how much Jaydin has learned. She is such a lovely young lady. You should be so proud!!!

Thank you! I am so proud of her and how well she does. I love to watch her with the horses because she's so confident and competent. She does so well helping the other kids, too. She's a pretty amazing kid - in my opinion, anyway.

Photography Site

Unread 01-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #12775
Total Quack

Quote:
Took Sassy back to vet this week for her final check. She is doing excellent and vet said we can gradually exercise her more.

I received my diploma in the mail last week and it was truly surreal! They even put "summa cum laude" on my degree! I am so happy that I went back and finished.

We are supposed to have the state inspect our home based assisted living this week. After we get clearance we can officially open. I am going to be pretty busy in the next few weeks or couple of months training and marketing...

DD is flying down from VT in a few weeks. We are looking forward to spending time with her.

DH decided to clean the garage today. So, here we go with another long day of cleaning.....

I'm so excited for you that you finished your degree!! Feels good, doesn't it??

It sounds like you are busy again! I know you really do enjoy it, but don't overdo.

Enjoy your time with her. I know you miss her terribly.

I still can't believe that RJ is having a baby. Wow. You are going to love being a grandmother!

Photography Site

Unread 01-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #12776
Total Quack

We had training for our new Equine-Assisted Mentoring Program today. We hope to start that in mid-February. We'll be working with foster kids in an attempt to help them with emotional issues.

I have a ton of pictures to edit and have several folks contact me for possible appointments. At least, my photography money is going to pay for me a new computer this year.

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

Photography Site