Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2235Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #561
Glitter Guru

Yesterday was a good day, at least i think so, lol

Did chores and didnt get rained on, just very muddy. cleaned the main bathroom top to bottom, and washed off the light fixtures. Made and decorated cupcakes. cleaned off the ceiling fan and the light fixtures in the kitchen. Went to the city and got an upright freezer, and new runners for my ever growing son. and was home and rexlaed in time to watch Hawaii 5-0

Today, sun is shining.

Did chores, got my mothers day and my neices birthday cards made in time for hubby to ask if I need anything fromt own, so I sent them to the post office, they should arrive on time. Baked cookies today, cleaned chest frezzer, and put what we wanted int eh upright, all nice and organized now. Should be making an anniversary card for my parents....

Talked with MIL, they are looking at purchasing a mobile home (trailer, modular home) not sure what you guys call them. Their house here on the farm needs bad repair, it was grammpas and he built it using products from the first house on the farm over 100 years ago, so they need an up grade.

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #562
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana stamps View Post
Harry and Sassy are so close in coloring--enjoy your new baby.
She is so lovable and very well mannered. House broke and sleeps through the night even! She loves cuddling in your lap. Needless to say I am not getting much done lately...

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #563
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
It did go well. We had a wonderful day - but .... we didn't *sing*, we signed. It was amazing to have her up there with me again. I was so proud of her.
Awesome Shell! I love to watch signing and so very educational for Jaydin too.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #564
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
Been working on the menu and calculating food purchases..

if you were at a wedding reception between 2-5 how many tacos would you eat, and would you choose soft tortillas or crispy shells, or both?
2 a piece is how I would figure it and probably have a variety of shells. I prefer the crispy but some folks like the soft.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #565
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post

Did chores and didnt get rained on, just very muddy. cleaned the main bathroom top to bottom, and washed off the light fixtures. Made and decorated cupcakes. cleaned off the ceiling fan and the light fixtures in the kitchen. Went to the city and got an upright freezer, and new runners for my ever growing son. and was home and rexlaed in time to watch Hawaii 5-0

Today, sun is shining.

Did chores, got my mothers day and my neices birthday cards made in time for hubby to ask if I need anything fromt own, so I sent them to the post office, they should arrive on time. Baked cookies today, cleaned chest frezzer, and put what we wanted int eh upright, all nice and organized now. Should be making an anniversary card for my parents....

Talked with MIL, they are looking at purchasing a mobile home (trailer, modular home) not sure what you guys call them. Their house here on the farm needs bad repair, it was grammpas and he built it using products from the first house on the farm over 100 years ago, so they need an up grade.
Sounds like you got a ton done. Glad you had time to relax and watch 5-0. Love that show!

We call them both mobile homes and trailers here in the South. Depends on where you put them as to what they are called. Anyway, nowadays the new ones are made super strong and built much better than most houses. Hope they are able to reach a resolution to their home situation soon. Sounds like it is well deserved.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #566
Stazon Splitcoast

Had another super busy day at work today. Our house is looking really nice. Loving the new paint job and we are putting shutters on the front too. The builder never put them on originally. It is a ranch style home so it isn't necessary to have them, but we think it will give it a new look overall. Can't wait to get that "For Sale" sign back up.

DD and SIL flew to L.A. today to visit his parents and take a much needed vacation. She has been working so hard this semester and so proud of her.

Our cat is slowly starting to come around the new dog. It is so hilarious watching him slink through the living room to get to his food bowl in the kitchen. He is so afraid the new dog will spot him. Of course the new dog always sees him but does nothing. So glad she is not a cat chaser or else I would have to teach her that is not appropriate.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #567
Stazon Splitcoast

I've had a crazy busy day...
My parents arrived I have various meats at various stages of roasting to make the shredded meats for the taco bar at the wedding...

My parents arrived this afternoon right around dinner time. I also misplaced my glasses when I started the last pot of roast, but I cant seem to find them...I have looked everywhere and I haven't been any where, but two rooms so I am really frazzled...I keep looking.. I just wanted to read a bit and unwind before bed.
I have to leave for the airport at 7 am so I am hoping to get to bed soon but I have a ton to do and everyone is distracting em and keeping me busy with other things...I feel so unprepared right now I hope things go really well tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #568
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Had another super busy day at work today. Our house is looking really nice. Loving the new paint job and we are putting shutters on the front too. The builder never put them on originally. It is a ranch style home so it isn't necessary to have them, but we think it will give it a new look overall. Can't wait to get that "For Sale" sign back up.

DD and SIL flew to L.A. today to visit his parents and take a much needed vacation. She has been working so hard this semester and so proud of her.

Our cat is slowly starting to come around the new dog. It is so hilarious watching him slink through the living room to get to his food bowl in the kitchen. He is so afraid the new dog will spot him. Of course the new dog always sees him but does nothing. So glad she is not a cat chaser or else I would have to teach her that is not appropriate.
how fun... I feel like I need one of those right now...
Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #569
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I've had a crazy busy day...
My parents arrived I have various meats at various stages of roasting to make the shredded meats for the taco bar at the wedding...

My parents arrived this afternoon right around dinner time. I also misplaced my glasses when I started the last pot of roast, but I cant seem to find them...I have looked everywhere and I haven't been any where, but two rooms so I am really frazzled...I keep looking.. I just wanted to read a bit and unwind before bed.
I have to leave for the airport at 7 am so I am hoping to get to bed soon but I have a ton to do and everyone is distracting em and keeping me busy with other things...I feel so unprepared right now I hope things go really well tomorrow.
Sure hope they didnt end up in your pot roast, lol

My Creative Side

Old 05-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #570
Total Quack

Quote:
Been working on the menu and calculating food purchases..

if you were at a wedding reception between 2-5 how many tacos would you eat, and would you choose soft tortillas or crispy shells, or both?

Hmmm ... I'm not a good one to ask on this .... I tend to not eat a lot at events like that. Not sure, though. Normally, I think I'd eat 2.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #571
Total Quack

Quote:
sounds like you had some fun shopping.. I cant wait to get purple and wedding off the brain.

I am very excited to see the grandkids...I get to see one tomorrow...yeah!

wish I had extra money to buy clothes its getting a little warm here and I have very many short sleeve shirts, need to work on that...probably at the thrift store.

my mom is going to be here on Mothers Day.. haven't bought a present yet, also it was my oldest DD birthday on Sun. and she arrives tomorrow... haven't got her gift yet either...and I need to bake a cake... but I haven't...Ugh too much to do! probably will do banana splits that is her thing.

Oh, but those purple invitations are simply fabulous!!

I hope you find some that work for you!

I'm not doing gifts for my mom or Mark's mom this year. It's just too hard to figure out things for them, ya know?!

Sounds like you are going to have a very busy, wonderful weekend. Enjoy!!!

Old 05-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #572
Total Quack

Quote:

Today, sun is shining.

Wow ... busy day!!!

We call them trailers ... mobile homes ... or modular homes. LOL! I hope they get something they really enjoy!

Old 05-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #573
Total Quack

Quote:
She is so lovable and very well mannered. House broke and sleeps through the night even! She loves cuddling in your lap. Needless to say I am not getting much done lately...

Oh, how precious!! I'm glad she's fitting in so well. Looks like Bill has a new buddy.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #574
Total Quack

Quote:
Awesome Shell! I love to watch signing and so very educational for Jaydin too.

I put the video on YouTube and posted the link on FB. She did SUCH a good job. I am so proud of her.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #575
Total Quack

We're getting ready to go out of town this weekend. I think it will be a lot more peaceful than last year.

We have classes in the morning, though, so we have to do that first.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #576
Total Quack

Where's Molly been??? And Amy? Molly hasn't been on since the end of April. I sure hope everything is ok with her. I will check on here on FB.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #577
Glitter Guru

we started seeding on tuesday, and getting the water truck and trailer ready, that is my main job, hauling water to my husband as he does the spraying, but I also get the fun job of driving the big trucks to the field to fill up the air drills.

THe weather has turned, nice and warm, boy that sure makes things turn green. rained a little again yesterday, but back to sun for as far as the forecast shows.

High School track yesterday, my daughter fell in hurdles, her 1st event, and hurt her knee pretty bad. She did the same thing last spring, and I guess it never really heals proper when it is something you are using all of the time.

Clunked my head pretty good this morning on the air cart, think I may have put my neck out, seems about somthing I would do in the beginning of a very busy time.

Hope you all have a wonderful Mothers Day weekend!!

My Creative Side

Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #578
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so sorry that I havn't been here much lately. I missed being here!!! I've been using all of my free time to read, which is what I tend to do when I get overwhelmed or stressed. (Thankfully I've been reading library books, so it hasn't cost me lots of $ lol). I think the main reason is because I've been spending a lot of time with my friend who has cancer, including taking her to the cancer center for her dr appointments and pre-radiation treatments. It's really been getting to me, but I really want to support and spend time with her, too.

We've had pretty nice weather here lately, high 60's to low 70's, which is my favorite kind of weather. Twice in 2 weeks we've been without power for about 6 hours or so....imagine how thrilled I was - NOT! The power company is on my you-know-what list......

Joey has belt testing tonight, for his orange belt. My parents are coming for it, and my aunt and uncle might make it too. Joey's pretty excited about it. I'm sure I will be when I finish my cleaning before my parents get here, lol. I'm waiting for the floors to dry so that I can go down and get more laundry folded and started.

My nephew just started walking (he's 14 mos old now), so good luck to my brother and SIL.

I will really try to catch up soon.

Happy Early Mother's Day!!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #579
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sounds like "Poor Diana" is running overtime too!
Cant wait to see the pictures...

I have been waking up early every day this week...don't know why!

today I have monster cookies in the oven the kids love them...

I need to clean and paint the fence sections and signs...all before Tues morning....And its still drizzly and cloudy...hoping the afternoon warms up and gets sunny like yesterday....
I am painting them a light linen and then dry brushing with gold...Kind of like adding glitter...Molly might like them!
I saw the pics on FB - loved them!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #580
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana stamps View Post
It is raining cats and dogs right now. so glad I got three flats of flowers planted this week-end.
Off to finish cutting out the projects for the 4H club tonight-I'm helping them stamp a Mother's Day box and gift. Then I need to work on the graduation cards I'm making for my sister. She is the youth group leader at her church so gets invited to many graduation parties.
Enjoy the day!
I cannot believe all you have got accomplished lately. So, when are you going on a vacation?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #581
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Been super duper busy at work this week. Got off late last night and tonight. I am really tired. Can't wait for the weekend. I plan to scrapbook on Saturday for Natl Scrapbook day.

We are getting our house painted this week. The fellow started it today. Can't wait till it is done.
Hope things are going well with work and the house painting too. What kinds of pages were you working on for National Scrapbook Day?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #582
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
we started seeding on tuesday, and getting the water truck and trailer ready, that is my main job, hauling water to my husband as he does the spraying, but I also get the fun job of driving the big trucks to the field to fill up the air drills.

THe weather has turned, nice and warm, boy that sure makes things turn green. rained a little again yesterday, but back to sun for as far as the forecast shows.

High School track yesterday, my daughter fell in hurdles, her 1st event, and hurt her knee pretty bad. She did the same thing last spring, and I guess it never really heals proper when it is something you are using all of the time.

Clunked my head pretty good this morning on the air cart, think I may have put my neck out, seems about somthing I would do in the beginning of a very busy time.

Hope your dd's knee feels better soon, and your head too! Ouch! Sounds like you are sooo busy still. Hope you have a fun relaxing Mother's Day.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #583
Stazon Splitcoast

I have such a horrible migraine today. Although, I think it's the first one I've had in awhile, so that's a good thing. I hope the meds kick in soon. My parents should be here in a half hour or so, guess I should go and get my house put back together.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #584
Total Quack

Quote:

Ouch!!! I'm so sorry for both you and your daughter. I hope that both of you recover quickly. I know your daughter was very disappointed that she fell.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #585
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
I am so sorry that I havn't been here much lately. I missed being here!!! I've been using all of my free time to read, which is what I tend to do when I get overwhelmed or stressed. (Thankfully I've been reading library books, so it hasn't cost me lots of $ lol). I think the main reason is because I've been spending a lot of time with my friend who has cancer, including taking her to the cancer center for her dr appointments and pre-radiation treatments. It's really been getting to me, but I really want to support and spend time with her, too.

We've had pretty nice weather here lately, high 60's to low 70's, which is my favorite kind of weather. Twice in 2 weeks we've been without power for about 6 hours or so....imagine how thrilled I was - NOT! The power company is on my you-know-what list......

Joey has belt testing tonight, for his orange belt. My parents are coming for it, and my aunt and uncle might make it too. Joey's pretty excited about it. I'm sure I will be when I finish my cleaning before my parents get here, lol. I'm waiting for the floors to dry so that I can go down and get more laundry folded and started.

My nephew just started walking (he's 14 mos old now), so good luck to my brother and SIL.

I've missed you, Molly!! I know that your friend's situation is very tough for you. It sounds like God was preparing you for this, though - Because you aren't working at the day care, it is much easier for you to help your friend get to the doctor and such. God does work in strange ways, sometimes.

I hope things went well for Joey!! I'm sure he loved having his cheering squad there.

Oh, my. 14 months?? Where did the time go???

Happy Mother's Day to you, as well.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #586
Total Quack

Quote:
I have such a horrible migraine today. Although, I think it's the first one I've had in awhile, so that's a good thing. I hope the meds kick in soon. My parents should be here in a half hour or so, guess I should go and get my house put back together.

I had one on Tuesday. I sure hope yours is gone by now and that you're able to enjoy your day/evening.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #587
Total Quack

We're in the hotel. Jaydin is playing on her iPod (which we lost on Christmas eve and found - under her seat in the car - YESTERDAY!) and trying to calm down enough for bed. Mom, Mark and Jonah are playing cards in the other room. I'm going to get Jaydin to bed soon, but wanted to make sure she was calm enough first. It's been a busy day!

Old 05-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #588
Total Quack

How cool is this?!

Inky Antics: Guided Path Congrats

Old 05-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #589
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I've missed you, Molly!! I know that your friend's situation is very tough for you. It sounds like God was preparing you for this, though - Because you aren't working at the day care, it is much easier for you to help your friend get to the doctor and such. God does work in strange ways, sometimes.

I hope things went well for Joey!! I'm sure he loved having his cheering squad there.

Oh, my. 14 months?? Where did the time go???

Happy Mother's Day to you, as well.
Thanks, I appreciate it. And you're totally right.

He was such a stinker during belt testing, he didn't work very hard when it was the conditioning part.....I'm not sure he really earned that belt. But when it came to all of the fundamentals for the belt, he did them fine.

IKR? My SIL called us yesterday, so we all got to talk to her. That was fun.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #590
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I had one on Tuesday. I sure hope yours is gone by now and that you're able to enjoy your day/evening.
Thanks, the meds finally caught up with it and it went away. Glad the one you had didn't linger.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #591
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We're in the hotel. Jaydin is playing on her iPod (which we lost on Christmas eve and found - under her seat in the car - YESTERDAY!) and trying to calm down enough for bed. Mom, Mark and Jonah are playing cards in the other room. I'm going to get Jaydin to bed soon, but wanted to make sure she was calm enough first. It's been a busy day!
I'm glad you found her iPod (Joey lost his right before we got out of the car coming home from spring break, sure hope your luck rubs off and we find his in my aunt's car this afternoon, lol). Sounds like a fun night of card playing with the family. Have a great day today!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #592
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Congrats!!! Have fun playing with your new stuff!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #593
Stazon Splitcoast

My parents are still here, we're leaving soon to meet up with my cousins and my aunt. My family goes to a car/craft show on the Sat before Mother's Day every year that we can, it's our tradition. My cousin and her hubby have cars in it this year, so that will be fun - if it ever stops raining. What was a 30% chance yesterday went to a 60% chance this am, while it was already raining. Hopefully we some of the 40% chance of sun soon.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #594
Stazon Splitcoast

Having a nice, quiet evening at home. I think Joey might finally be asleep....or he's reading by his night light, lol. Either way he's quiet. Had a nice time with family today at the car show. It only rained for a few minutes, and luckily we were with my cousin at her car that she had in the show, so we got to sit in it and stay dry. That was handy.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #595
Glitter Guru

Quote:
funny how that happens, my son lost his ipod January 2011 and we looked EVERYWHERE, like almost took the whole house apart, in chairs under beds, took beds apart, then on boxing day, 12 months later, we are sitting in the living room watching tv and he reaches in the side of the living room chair and pulls it out

My Creative Side

Old 05-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #596
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Today, sun is shining.

You certainly aren't letting any grass grow under your feet--busy busy. So when MIL gets a new smaller home you will be the lucky receiver of anything that doesn't fit into the new home??
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #597
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Glad you are getting the nice weather for planting. I know you want to get that finished.
Hope your head and neck are feeling better and not out of place.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #598
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Molly, your friend is so lucky to have someone like you there to take her to her appointments and give her encouragement.
Saw Joey on fb with his orange belt--congratulations to him.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #599
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
woohoo Lucky you. It looks like a great stamp set--can't wait to see what you do with it.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #600
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Having a nice, quiet evening at home. I think Joey might finally be asleep....or he's reading by his night light, lol. Either way he's quiet. Had a nice time with family today at the car show. It only rained for a few minutes, and luckily we were with my cousin at her car that she had in the show, so we got to sit in it and stay dry. That was handy.
Good thing that your cousin's car wasn't a convertible. I love the little family traditions like your family going to the car show. Glad it stopped raining so you could go.