Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2931Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #4321
Glitter Guru

Sugar cookie making today

The first recipe is a real good tasting recipe, but real tough to work with, too crumbly!

The second recipe was much better to work with but I have no idea how they will taste.

MIL is making a sour cream sugar recipe, so I excited to try them. I Found another recipe online that I am going to try tomorrow too!

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #4322
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
I have some of that just wasn't sure if it was acid free or not.

It may depend on what kind your using, but I saw that acetate can be acid free.

Photography Site

Old 12-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #4323
Total Quack

Quote:
Got big disturbing news here today. My DH boss who is one of the Fire Marshal's got arrested for child molestation. He admitted to it and been going on for 4 yrs!!! This really makes me sick, but I am glad he got caught. DH said his phone is ringing off the hook and he is in class out of state.

Oh my!! That's totally disgusting. I hope the child can recover and live a productive life.

Photography Site

Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #4324
Total Quack

Quote:
Get my haircut tonight. I am trying out a new gal. My massage therapist DD is going to do it. DH and DS got haircuts last wk and loved her. So, hope I do too. She is a lot closer to me than my other hair dresser.

Good luck on the haircut!!

Photography Site

Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #4325
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm View Post

The first recipe is a real good tasting recipe, but real tough to work with, too crumbly!

The second recipe was much better to work with but I have no idea how they will taste.

MIL is making a sour cream sugar recipe, so I excited to try them. I Found another recipe online that I am going to try tomorrow too!

Sounds yummy at your house today!!!

Photography Site

Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #4326
Total Quack

Whew ... long day today. I got a fair amount done, though. I need to write everything on my Christmas list sheet. I should be almost done now.

I have lots to work on tomorrow. I sure hope I can find the discipline to get up and get moving. I am very tired tonight. I didn't sleep much last night. I stayed up late (4 AM or so...) reading (Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers) and had to get up and move this morning. We're home all day tomorrow, though, so surely, I can get lots done.

My mom bought my yearly Santa today. She gets me one each year to put with my stocking. This year, the one she found that she liked was at JoAnn's. It is as tall as Jaydin and started at $250. She got it on sale and with a senior discount for $80. Great deal, I think ... and I love him!! I usually don't see it until Christmas, but since she was with me, I saw him, approved of him, and put him in the truck.

Photography Site

Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #4327
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Oh my!! That's totally disgusting. I hope the child can recover and live a productive life.
Ditto
Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #4328
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Whew ... long day today. I got a fair amount done, though. I need to write everything on my Christmas list sheet. I should be almost done now.

I have lots to work on tomorrow. I sure hope I can find the discipline to get up and get moving. I am very tired tonight. I didn't sleep much last night. I stayed up late (4 AM or so...) reading (Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers) and had to get up and move this morning. We're home all day tomorrow, though, so surely, I can get lots done.

My mom bought my yearly Santa today. She gets me one each year to put with my stocking. This year, the one she found that she liked was at JoAnn's. It is as tall as Jaydin and started at $250. She got it on sale and with a senior discount for $80. Great deal, I think ... and I love him!! I usually don't see it until Christmas, but since she was with me, I saw him, approved of him, and put him in the truck.
So how was the book do you recommned it.. The Santa sounds amazing... I want to see your Santa Collection....
Old 12-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #4329
Stazon Splitcoast

So I have just been in the dumps for the last few weeks not motivated to do anything...just want to relax and not tackle to much.. I am getting the bare minimum done.. I am hoping this passes soon.. I have bought a ton of baking supplies but dont feel like baking hoping when my DH gets the girls in a week they will feel like baking or making something...

I keep remembering things I am forgetting to do...Like get my parents a christmas gift.. sheesh... I think I have the kids covered, but I have a couple of Dec Birthdays I need to deal with.. and soon.. my poor SIL bday is tomorrow or Sat... I always get his present to him late...

Oh well, I have been exercising and trying to eat right...so at least I am getting that done...for the most part succeeding...

I am not very talkative either which is odd.. OH well I need to go read, I will try to stay caught up...
Old 12-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #4330
Glitter Guru

Quote:

My girlfriend read that book, said it was good

Good find, and good deal on the santa

My Creative Side

Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #4331
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
So I have just been in the dumps for the last few weeks not motivated to do anything...just want to relax and not tackle to much.. I am getting the bare minimum done.. I am hoping this passes soon.. I have bought a ton of baking supplies but dont feel like baking hoping when my DH gets the girls in a week they will feel like baking or making something...

I keep remembering things I am forgetting to do...Like get my parents a christmas gift.. sheesh... I think I have the kids covered, but I have a couple of Dec Birthdays I need to deal with.. and soon.. my poor SIL bday is tomorrow or Sat... I always get his present to him late...

Oh well, I have been exercising and trying to eat right...so at least I am getting that done...for the most part succeeding...

I am not very talkative either which is odd.. OH well I need to go read, I will try to stay caught up...
I find that happens lots up here in the winter time, the weather is grey too many days, makes you just feel blah. Takes a good day or 2 of sunshine to get you going again.

Good on the exercising and eating right, that will help.

I havent started any of my chirstmas baking yet, hubby told me last night I need to bake him something, he is craving sweets, lol

My Creative Side

Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #4332
Total Quack

Quote:
So how was the book do you recommned it.. The Santa sounds amazing... I want to see your Santa Collection....

I'm not done with it yet - long book, and I'm only reading at night. It's very good, though. I'm 66% done with it, and I would definitely recommend it at this point.

He's really neat - but scaring the life out of my kids. He looks like a man standing in the foyer! LOL!! I need to find a better place for him.

I will take a picture when I get them all out this year. I took one last year, but I don't think it was a very good one.

Photography Site

Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #4333
Total Quack

Quote:

Hugs. I think we all get in those ruts every now and then. Take your time and don't try to rush yourself out of it. Sounds like your body and mind need a little rest.

Photography Site

Old 12-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #4334
Total Quack

Quote:
My girlfriend read that book, said it was good

Good find, and good deal on the santa

It's very enlightening on the love of God. Our pastor preached on Hosea last Sunday, and the book club announced this book that day as our December book. The story is such a neat parallel to the story of Hosea.

Photography Site

Old 12-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #4335
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ditto on that..

I think I am almost done too. We didn't do much this yr with all the traveling and such. I only have to get DS something and it is probably going to be a gift card. He is so hard to buy for and since he flies back and forth it easier this way. I told DH he could buy his sis and BIL their gift when he gets back. Thinking of shipping them some fruit and such. They love the oranges and they are so hard to buy for anyway. I got DD her big gift tonight. It is a 5 qt caphalon (not sure if I spelled that right) pan with glass lid. She loves my Pampered Chef one and this is very similar. So, thought it appropriate since she likes to cook. I also got her some lavendar bath stuff she likes from L'Occitane. So she is set and we are getting together this Sat to hang out together. She wants to use my new cutter to make a tree ornament that she can put a pic in of her dogs. They had pics taken with Santa the other night. Any suggestions on what to cover the pic with so it won't get damaged?
Those sound like great presents! Have fun with your dd this weekend, does she know what ornament she wants to cut out yet?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #4336
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sounds like you've been making progress on your Christmas purchasing, writing it down is a good idea. I used to do that, but haven't in a couple years, don't know what happened, lol.

I want to see the Santa collection too! Your mom got a great deal on him!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #4337
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hope you're feeling more like yourself soon. Do you take an iron supplement? Sometimes when my iron gets low that helps some. Hope you're able to get some time in to rest soon, and/or enjoy a good book too.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #4338
Stazon Splitcoast

I went and got some priority boxes today. Got everything all ready to go into the boxes...and realized I have no wide tape. At all. Not getting it tonight, I'll probably go in the am tomorrow to get it. I'm taking the boxes to my parents house this weekend for them to add to and mail, so I at least need to get the bottoms sealed, lol. A few more things came in the mail, so I did some more wrapping today. I still need to get shirt boxes too, hopefully I'll remember tomorrow....
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #4339
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssister View Post
Sounds like you've been making progress on your Christmas purchasing, writing it down is a good idea. I used to do that, but haven't in a couple years, don't know what happened, lol.

I want to see the Santa collection too! Your mom got a great deal on him!

Indeed. I have most of the gifts that I need to buy. Now, I just need to finish the things I need to make.

I'll get a picture up after Saturday. I think we're working on decorations that day.

Photography Site

Old 12-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #4340
Total Quack

Quote:
I went and got some priority boxes today. Got everything all ready to go into the boxes...and realized I have no wide tape. At all. Not getting it tonight, I'll probably go in the am tomorrow to get it. I'm taking the boxes to my parents house this weekend for them to add to and mail, so I at least need to get the bottoms sealed, lol. A few more things came in the mail, so I did some more wrapping today. I still need to get shirt boxes too, hopefully I'll remember tomorrow....

I've still got a couple of things to mail. One will go out tomorrow, but the other will have to wait until next week. Good for you on getting wrapping done. I can't even think about that until I get finished with the handmade stuff.

Photography Site

Old 12-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #4341
Total Quack

I've gotten a fair amount done today. I am almost ready to put together a car caddy that I'm making for one of my niece's step kids. It's got pockets for cars, a figure-8 track, and his name on the front. I'm very pleased with how it's turning out. It's a lot like the drawing set I did for Jaydin the other day (on my blog), but with a track instead of a place for the drawing pad. I hope to put it on my blog when I get it done.

Photography Site

Old 12-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #4342
Glitter Guru

spent yesterday morning making more sugar cookies, should have more than enough for each child to decorate at least 5-6. Got a call that the woman who was supposed to make the icing is sick though so I will be making icing today too.

Had to take my FIL to pick up his truck which was getting fixed, seeing that is half way tot the city, I loaded up the broken tv and went all the way, dropped it off to hopefully get fixed. Got groceries, had a visit with a friend and headed back home.

Today with be cleaning the house in prep for tonights party.

My Creative Side

Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #4343
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Indeed. I have most of the gifts that I need to buy. Now, I just need to finish the things I need to make.

I'll get a picture up after Saturday. I think we're working on decorations that day.
Okay. Have fun decorating, and can't wait to see your collection.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #4344
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I've still got a couple of things to mail. One will go out tomorrow, but the other will have to wait until next week. Good for you on getting wrapping done. I can't even think about that until I get finished with the handmade stuff.
I have to start early otherwise I get stressed out at the end. It also helps me figure out and organize who I got things for and who I need to get them for. I wrapped the stocking stuff, which I don't really care to do because it's all small stuff. But it's done. I just need to get the stockings downstairs and put the stuff in them so I can see if I need to get anything else or not.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #4345
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I've gotten a fair amount done today. I am almost ready to put together a car caddy that I'm making for one of my niece's step kids. It's got pockets for cars, a figure-8 track, and his name on the front. I'm very pleased with how it's turning out. It's a lot like the drawing set I did for Jaydin the other day (on my blog), but with a track instead of a place for the drawing pad. I hope to put it on my blog when I get it done.
Jaydin's coloring caddy is adorable!!! I have a question, would you make one for my nephew after the holidays? He'll be 2 in March, so it would be a great birthday present. (And his mom, my SIL, would supervise him using it, but I think she'd love it). How much would you charge? Just think about it, and let me know if you'd be able to or not. If not, it's ok. No worries.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #4346
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
spent yesterday morning making more sugar cookies, should have more than enough for each child to decorate at least 5-6. Got a call that the woman who was supposed to make the icing is sick though so I will be making icing today too.

Had to take my FIL to pick up his truck which was getting fixed, seeing that is half way tot the city, I loaded up the broken tv and went all the way, dropped it off to hopefully get fixed. Got groceries, had a visit with a friend and headed back home.

Today with be cleaning the house in prep for tonights party.
Hope the decorating goes well, when are the kids decorating? Tonight? Have a great time at the party, hope it's a lot of fun.

Hope the tv gets fixed quickly and inexpensively too.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #4347
Stazon Splitcoast

I took Joey to school this morning because it's raining and I didn't want to get wet. lol So, since I was already in the car, I went and got packing tape and some shirt boxes, lol.

I have to finish a couple of loads of laundry, and pack my stuff (got Joey's packed last night), and put a few other things in the car. We're going to my parents house today. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but my dad's biological mother passed away, and her funeral is tomorrow. She didn't raise him, and we only met her a few years ago, along with the rest of her family. It's an odd situation, but we'll be there for it. I don't know how I feel about it, because I don't really know how to feel about her. My dad's parents (who were actually his aunt and uncle) were the absolute perfect grandparents. They were wonderful, and they both have passed away already.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #4348
Glitter Guru

SO my hubby tells me to go ahead and order my Silhouette so that it is here by Christmas, and to get whatever I need to go with it.

Ordered from Studio Calico, they will give my the free shipping up here to Canada, only problem is, they are moving right now, and won't be shipping anything until after the 16th, so I am not sure if it will get here in time or not.

Sadly they were sold out of the fabric blade, and didnt have the vinyl kit, does anyone know where I can order these things from.

My Creative Side

Old 12-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #4349
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Hope the decorating goes well, when are the kids decorating? Tonight? Have a great time at the party, hope it's a lot of fun.

Hope the tv gets fixed quickly and inexpensively too.
5 batches of cookies and 3 batches of icing, I am hoping it keeps the teens entertained for at least an hour!?!?

Found out it was going to cost $400 to fix the tv, well we can buy a new one bigger even for $500-$600, I dont think we will fix it

My Creative Side

Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #4350
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I hope it works out for you, trying a new girls is never fun!!
I was pleasantly pleased and surprised and because she is so much closer and less traffic to get to she is now my new hair dresser and DH too!

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #4351
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yum!!! Sounds like I need a trip to your house!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #4352
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It may depend on what kind your using, but I saw that acetate can be acid free.
I believe I have some from PTI. I think theirs is acid free.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #4353
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes. Very sad. They terminated him and come to find out it was his step-daughter. Makes me very sad. His wife had come over to my hse 4 yrs ago and I got her started with Cricut and she purchased one. She wanted to make scrapbooks with her then 12 yr old DD at the time. Unbeknownst to any of us that was the time he started his molestation with her. Just makes me want to throw up!! I certainly hope she can recover from all of this.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #4354
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That santa sounds AWESOME!!!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #4355
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Inquiring minds want pictures Shell!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #4356
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hugs. I think we all get in those ruts every now and then. Take your time and don't try to rush yourself out of it. Sounds like your body and mind need a little rest.
Ditto on that Kathy!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #4357
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Those sound like great presents! Have fun with your dd this weekend, does she know what ornament she wants to cut out yet?
She said she has chosen a few from the online store at Silhouette. I told her to get an idea.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #4358
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I took Joey to school this morning because it's raining and I didn't want to get wet. lol So, since I was already in the car, I went and got packing tape and some shirt boxes, lol.

I have to finish a couple of loads of laundry, and pack my stuff (got Joey's packed last night), and put a few other things in the car. We're going to my parents house today. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but my dad's biological mother passed away, and her funeral is tomorrow. She didn't raise him, and we only met her a few years ago, along with the rest of her family. It's an odd situation, but we'll be there for it. I don't know how I feel about it, because I don't really know how to feel about her. My dad's parents (who were actually his aunt and uncle) were the absolute perfect grandparents. They were wonderful, and they both have passed away already.
I'll be thinking about you as you deal with the death. That must be hard.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #4359
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
SO my hubby tells me to go ahead and order my Silhouette so that it is here by Christmas, and to get whatever I need to go with it.

Ordered from Studio Calico, they will give my the free shipping up here to Canada, only problem is, they are moving right now, and won't be shipping anything until after the 16th, so I am not sure if it will get here in time or not.

Sadly they were sold out of the fabric blade, and didnt have the vinyl kit, does anyone know where I can order these things from.
Yippee for you to get a SC!!!!

Have you tried Craft-E-Corner? They were having a 10% off sale on accessories. Hallmark Scrapbook had it too on sale. Not sure if it is still on or not and don't know what the Canadian shipping cost would be.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #4360
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
5 batches of cookies and 3 batches of icing, I am hoping it keeps the teens entertained for at least an hour!?!?

Found out it was going to cost $400 to fix the tv, well we can buy a new one bigger even for $500-$600, I dont think we will fix it
LOL!!

Nowadays it doesn't pay to repair...cheaper to replace! Have fun getting a new one.