Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree197Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 03:48 AM   #2121
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to GnarlyGirl

good morning chickies...

I was a busy bee all weekend trying to get cards made for my MIL, whose name I drew in the gift exchange. Also, she told us they got all the tumor, the cancer has NOT spread and she will not need to chemo!!

Saturday Jacob's team got whooped at basketball. They lost 40 something to 13...some of our boys just don't understand to MOVE THEIR FEET!!

Yesterday I got a call at 1 from Joshua that he had a bad headache and wanted to go home. I went to get him and I'm pretty sure he has a sinus infection so off to the dr today.

Rachella - I'm sorry to hear about your dryer. What a pita to go to the laundromat but you're right that it's nice to have 12 loads done in 2 1/2 hours Sorry to hear about the vehicle situation too....too much all at once.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:51 AM   #2122
Stazon Splitcoast

I am sooooo not in the Christmas mood this year. We put up both trees but they have yet to be decorated with ornaments. Maybe tonight we'll get around to it

Larry is on jury duty this week. In our county you have to go sit for 2 weeks at the court house but he lucked out...since it's Christmas time he only has to go one week. He got called up for a case yesterday but they didn't make it through jury selection yet so he doesn't know if he'll be chosen or not.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:53 AM   #2123
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm working from home today so guess I better get to it...have a great day chickies!

Old 12-15-2009, 04:42 AM   #2124
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to SellsBskts Send a message via Yahoo to SellsBskts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyGirl View Post
good morning chickies...

I was a busy bee all weekend trying to get cards made for my MIL, whose name I drew in the gift exchange. Also, she told us they got all the tumor, the cancer has NOT spread and she will not need to chemo!!

Saturday Jacob's team got whooped at basketball. They lost 40 something to 13...some of our boys just don't understand to MOVE THEIR FEET!!

Yesterday I got a call at 1 from Joshua that he had a bad headache and wanted to go home. I went to get him and I'm pretty sure he has a sinus infection so off to the dr today.

Rachella - I'm sorry to hear about your dryer. What a pita to go to the laundromat but you're right that it's nice to have 12 loads done in 2 1/2 hours Sorry to hear about the vehicle situation too....too much all at once.

AWESOME
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:44 AM   #2125
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I am sooooo not in the Christmas mood this year. We put up both trees but they have yet to be decorated with ornaments. Maybe tonight we'll get around to it

Larry is on jury duty this week. In our county you have to go sit for 2 weeks at the court house but he lucked out...since it's Christmas time he only has to go one week. He got called up for a case yesterday but they didn't make it through jury selection yet so he doesn't know if he'll be chosen or not.
SIGH! I never get it! And I don't know if we have to do that or not...I get the card once and a while, and am always so far down on the list, that I don't make the cut off to even show up! I called last time when I was juror 301 and the cut off at Juror 300! SIGH!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 AM   #2126
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via AIM to mammallama Send a message via MSN to mammallama

GEEZ~~~ I was SO excited to catch up on the thread after about a week away and all I get is a bunch of scrooges with no Christmas spirit & a lot of bah humbuggers Just what am I to do with all of you?? No Christmas trees or Christmas spirit-- guess I will just need to have enough for all of you! LOL!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:40 AM   #2127
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammallama View Post
GEEZ~~~ I was SO excited to catch up on the thread after about a week away and all I get is a bunch of scrooges with no Christmas spirit & a lot of bah humbuggers Just what am I to do with all of you?? No Christmas trees or Christmas spirit-- guess I will just need to have enough for all of you! LOL!

maybe that's part of our problem, you haven't been here to kick us into Christmas mode... Good to see you Joanne!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #2128
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SellsBskts View Post
Good Morning! Today is blood work for my appointment on Friday. I won't know the results until maybe Thursday, but most likely not until my appointment. I have my Tuesday ladies Bible study today too. I am in charge of the lesson and put off working on it until last night! Awesome! LOL!
Hope your all ready for your lesson!

Friends are like the walls of a house. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes you lean on them. But sometimes, it's enough to know they're just standing by.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #2129
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
good morning chickies...

Oh Becky that is wonderful news about your MIL! I have benn praying for her, hoping all would go well.

Are there a lot of new boys on the team? I know the game I saw last year everybody MOVED. Although I did see some of that at the vollyball game.

Friends are like the walls of a house. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes you lean on them. But sometimes, it's enough to know they're just standing by.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:35 AM   #2130
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Two weeks, that's nuts, how do employers deal with that? Lucky Larry only got one week.

We sure have our share of Ba Humbubers here. Feel the same way.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:43 AM   #2131
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
SIGH! I never get it! And I don't know if we have to do that or not...I get the card once and a while, and am always so far down on the list, that I don't make the cut off to even show up! I called last time when I was juror 301 and the cut off at Juror 300! SIGH!
WOW! I have only gone for jury duty once, while we lived in Arizonia. Mac has only gone once too, here in Michigan, he did sit on a jury for a few days then. He was happy because at the same time he was chosen they were also choosing the jury for the Jack Kevorkian trial for murder, he's the guy who did all the assisted suicides. I don't remember how long that trial lasted.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:49 AM   #2132
Stazon Splitcoast

ooo, I think the Kevorkian trial was a long trial. That would have been an interesting trial to sit on.

I've done jury duty twice. The first time I sat there and read books for 2 weeks. The 2nd time I got to sit on 2 trials. Larry is in municipal court so he'll probably see DUI's and traffic violations.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #2133
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via AIM to StampNScrappinQuee Send a message via MSN to StampNScrappinQuee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkitten View Post
Nancy, the ones at Lowe's were 9.99 and 14.99, except for one that was part of a set with 2 of those small flashlights. The set was discounted last week to 12.99 (or something like that). There were different styles in the 14.99 ones too. I think I noticed in a flyer that Menard's has one on sale this week for 9.99.

Thanks Beth, i have to run out during lunch today to run errand and will be near a Lowes. think I will jump in there and pick one up.

Um...I guess I'm putting the cart before the horse. Ben has been in the family so long, I see him as my SIL. I know they have talked about getting married and I know he has been looking at rings. Maybe he will actually give her one for Christmas this year. Who knows. But sorry to confuse you all. I look at Ben as my SIL. LOL
Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #2134
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by McStamper View Post

Oh Becky that is wonderful news about your MIL! I have benn praying for her, hoping all would go well.

Are there a lot of new boys on the team? I know the game I saw last year everybody MOVED. Although I did see some of that at the vollyball game.

no new players *sigh* Guess we'll see how they play this weekend.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #2135
Stazon Splitcoast

well about time to take Josh to the dr...
Old 12-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #2136
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yea, sorry. Wish I had someone like you around me to get me all pumped up.

I know I'm not very religious, don't go to church, never read the bible, But I do believe in God and I do pray and give thanks every day. But I still feel like this is a holiday to celebrate the birth of Jesus and all this other stuff tree, cards, gifts, cookies, etc. is not celebrating the real holiday. What should be a joyous time just turns into a stress filled couple months.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:52 AM   #2137
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
maybe that's part of our problem, you haven't been here to kick us into Christmas mode... Good to see you Joanne!
There ya go! We miss you Joanne.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #2138
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
ooo, I think the Kevorkian trial was a long trial. That would have been an interesting trial to sit on.

I've done jury duty twice. The first time I sat there and read books for 2 weeks. The 2nd time I got to sit on 2 trials. Larry is in municipal court so he'll probably see DUI's and traffic violations.
Yea, it really would have been an interesting trial, I just wonder what happens to these people that have to put their life on hold for so long.

Well if Larry get's picked the trial shouldn't last too long.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:55 AM   #2139
Stazon Splitcoast

I am probably jinxing myself. Wonder if I'll get a summonds soon?

Old 12-15-2009, 06:57 AM   #2140
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
well about time to take Josh to the dr...
See ya later. I should get moving too. Maybe I'll pretend to be Joanne, and at least get my cards finished.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #2141
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Chicks! Brrr.... the temp's dropping here. It was so nice yesterday to have above 5o degrees weather again. While I cleaned the yard of the little sweet gum balls, DH spent hours with the chain saw hacking up the huge locust tree that came down last week. He's spending today taking his mom to 2 doctors' appts. (again). Left before 8 and won't be home until 3 or 4, depending on the timeliness of the 2nd appt. and how it goes at the pharmacy. I would have actually taken her myself today so he could move all the wood, but I can't lift her wheelchair in and out of the car's trunk.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:04 AM   #2142
Stazon Splitcoast

I just went back to catch up and I must say ya'll need to get in the spirit. Throw back a cup of spiked egg nog, or the drink of your choice, and get busy slapping those decorations on the tree! It'll make the whole house festive, and your family won't notice the dust bunnies!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #2143
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to SheStampsHeCamps Send a message via MSN to SheStampsHeCamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen s View Post
Yep... and you may never get an answer here since she's admittedly gone off to facebook to waste the rest of the night... (please read with plenty of sarcasm and eye rolling! Joan, of course, would know to read it that way - but thought I'd mention it for some of the rest of you! )
Could be weeks before she makes her way back here!
yeah... a BIG FAT *EYE ROLL* here!!!

I am SO sorry I was such a dope and forgot to put the picture in that *gotta hurry so I can get to facebook* post!!

Here is what I was referring to
(oh, and Debbie... sorry for the poor dead mouse!!)
Attached Thumbnails
oct-13-08.jpg  

I *heart* My Computer
Because a lot of my best friends live in it!!
Thanks SCS.... for providing a place to cultivate priceless friendships!!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #2144
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to SheStampsHeCamps Send a message via MSN to SheStampsHeCamps

Quote:
OR... you could just check back with us in January!! xoxo

I *heart* My Computer
Old 12-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #2145
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: in my c-room that is getting closer and closer everyday!

Quick flybye this morning, I am trying to get busy on finishing these cards, TODAY!

Ah Jake sorry to hear your not feeling well.

Yes Joanne you do need to stop by and keep us non Christmas spirits going here.

Joan, good news the mouse was working again this morning so I guess it needed a rest overnight.

I think they call that bag in a box?? Yes Barb and Becky were making those last year. Used the vellum on them. So stinking cute.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #2146
Stazon Splitcoast

I have never been called to jury duty. My friend at work gets called every year at least once. Even had to drive into Cleveland for federal cases. I am so bummed by this I would LOVE to be on a jury!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #2147
Stazon Splitcoast

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/re...als/boxinabag/

Box in a bag!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #2148
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by McStamper View Post
WOW! I have only gone for jury duty once, while we lived in Arizonia. Mac has only gone once too, here in Michigan, he did sit on a jury for a few days then. He was happy because at the same time he was chosen they were also choosing the jury for the Jack Kevorkian trial for murder, he's the guy who did all the assisted suicides. I don't remember how long that trial lasted.
I am so wishing I had it, but my luck I would get a trial that no one would want to be on!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #2149
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to resend a few of your christmas cards. I knew better, but I asked at the mailing place instead of the post office and well they were wrong! So....
Old 12-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #2150
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The line at the post office was WAY TOO LONG! I went to the mail place and was next in line! Awesome!

My cards went postal today too! But, I didn't put our Christmas letter in the chicks one..I will put it here in a minute. OMG! Bill was to work on it while I was gone over the weekend. He didn't...and his version had him coming home drinking and needing a liver replacement and being number 62 on the list...LOL! Not really funny, but he kept saying no one ever reads those...lets see what they say! OMG!
ROFL! I love it - sure would let you know if anyone does read them!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #2151
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen s View Post
Ha! I guess I should know that by now you've all figured out that 95% of what comes out of my mouth (or my keyboard) is sarcasm!

The aides from our school district went to a seminar awhile back on dealing with autism and one of the things they said was that children with autism don't respond well to sarcasm. After the seminar we had to write down a stategy we learned that we would try to begin using... I wrote down that I would try to curb my sarcasm. Hmmmm... I haven't been doing too well. I keep looking at my coworkers and saying "oops... there's not anyone with autistic tendencies in the room now, is there?"
Oh Jenny - I love you so!!! We so could not work together without getting into trouble!!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #2152
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I've had it 3 times what a PITA! Sit there and do nothing all day - totally boring!!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #2153
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheaded witch View Post
Thanks!!!!

I *heart* My Computer
Old 12-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #2154
Stazon Splitcoast

I did post this on Facebook, but wanted to post here also.

My surgery date is set for February 3rd. I don't have any other information at the moment - the surgeon's assistant is to send me a packet in the mail which will give me more detail.

At this point the only part that truly has me concerned is the anesthesia - I just feel uneasy about it. Please pray that I get a peace about it.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #2155
Stazon Splitcoast

Becky - sorry to hear the kiddo is not feeling well. Hopefully the doc gave you some good meds for him and they will knock it out so he can enjoy Christmas without feeling yucky!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #2156
Stazon Splitcoast

Forgot to post earlier, Becky, that I'm happy to hear about your MIL! Hope Josh got some meds for the sinus infection and will be feeling better soon!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #2157
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheStampsHeCamps View Post
Thanks!!!!
Your very welcome!!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #2158
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandygrove View Post
I did post this on Facebook, but wanted to post here also.

My surgery date is set for February 3rd. I don't have any other information at the moment - the surgeon's assistant is to send me a packet in the mail which will give me more detail.

At this point the only part that truly has me concerned is the anesthesia - I just feel uneasy about it. Please pray that I get a peace about it.
Hugs Darice, praying for your peace...
Old 12-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #2159
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening Beth, Crystal,Darice and Joan!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #2160
Stazon Splitcoast

Made my 3rd batch of Peppermint Bark Popcorn.

We have full sized stocking at work and each person puts something small in everyones if they want too. this year I am putting a bag of it in everyones stocking.