Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree199Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #15361
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Chicks! I only have a minute, but wanted to tell you that it's been much cooler here the past couple days than any temps we've experienced in the past couple years! The past two days have not been above 68 and nighttime temps have been in high 30s. Brrr... Thought that was cool until My sister called to complain about how cold it was back home! Puts it all in perspective!

Wade is on a flight to Detroit right now. He has meetings all day tomorrow then flies back home. His first official day is next Monday. The moving company is picking his stuff up this Friday and he's driving up on Saturday. I thought he'd want to rest up for his first day on the job, but he's been invited to the Pistons' game on Sat. Night and the Redwings on Sunday. Kids!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #15362
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkitten View Post
Hi Chicks! I only have a minute, but wanted to tell you that it's been much cooler here the past couple days than any temps we've experienced in the past couple years! The past two days have not been above 68 and nighttime temps have been in high 30s. Brrr... Thought that was cool until My sister called to complain about how cold it was back home! Puts it all in perspective!

Wade is on a flight to Detroit right now. He has meetings all day tomorrow then flies back home. His first official day is next Monday. The moving company is picking his stuff up this Friday and he's driving up on Saturday. I thought he'd want to rest up for his first day on the job, but he's been invited to the Pistons' game on Sat. Night and the Redwings on Sunday. Kids!
Maybe he's keeping busy to keep his mind off the first day jitters!

Yup... been cold here too! Friday at noon it was sunny and 50 degrees... by 4:00 it was cloudy and had dropped almost 20 degrees. Been cold ever since! They had to put a heater in the butcher shop to keep the pigs (dead) from freezing overnight so they could start cutting them up early this morning. Yes, it's butchering time. However I went to work today and missed all the "fun!"
Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #15363
Die Cut Diva

Well, I did get in on some of the fun Friday night and Saturday.
I had cow/beef fun but missed all the pig/pork fun.

Hope all you chickies are doing well!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 AM   #15364
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenny - I was thinking butchering should be soon!

Busy weekend coming up for me (again) - Friday night stamp club -hopefully- looks like we might have some ugly weather again. Saturday I am helping with/going to a bridal shower. I have the gift ready - I need to do a quick card for it - haven't even got a thought on that one yet.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #15365
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen, I've never been around butchering, but I appreciate its results! I could go meatless for a couple main meals a week, but I don't think I could be a vegetarian. I don't need a big chunk of meat, except for a steak very three weeks or so, but I just love soup or casseroles with some chicken or ham or..... How about the rest of you? Is there seriously anything vegetarian as good as my homemade cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham?
Old 02-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #15366
Stazon Splitcoast

We have a snake and some large lizards hanging around our campsite in this huge old stump and I've seen so much of them today that they've kinda creeped me out. I'm not a fan of reptiles.

Unlike South Carolina where we often camp in May, the FL state parks are not by the ocean so we only drive to a beach about twice a week while we're here. We went to the Siesta Key beach today instead of the one that's closest. It's rated the top beach in FL and I wanted to see it. It's wide and beautiful, with fine white sand. But I can't take that much population on a regular basis when I'm trying to relax. It was interesting to watch the young people though!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #15367
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: in my c-room that is getting closer and closer everyday!

Quote:
Jen, I've never been around butchering, but I appreciate its results! I could go meatless for a couple main meals a week, but I don't think I could be a vegetarian. I don't need a big chunk of meat, except for a steak very three weeks or so, but I just love soup or casseroles with some chicken or ham or..... How about the rest of you? Is there seriously anything vegetarian as good as my homemade cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham?
My Mom worked in a butchering plant for awhile when I was in MS/HS. Saw more than I cared to see, I think! It was fun taking cows eye in for dissection class!

Yes I too love soup flavored with beef/chicken/pork! Goes against my religion to be a Vegetarian!!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #15368
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We have a snake and some large lizards hanging around our campsite in this huge old stump and I've seen so much of them today that they've kinda creeped me out. I'm not a fan of reptiles.

Unlike South Carolina where we often camp in May, the FL state parks are not by the ocean so we only drive to a beach about twice a week while we're here. We went to the Siesta Key beach today instead of the one that's closest. It's rated the top beach in FL and I wanted to see it. It's wide and beautiful, with fine white sand. But I can't take that much population on a regular basis when I'm trying to relax. It was interesting to watch the young people though!
Yuck on the reptiles visitors. But I guess your the visitors to them!

I cant even imagine what the young people are not wearing these days.. Hmmm like clothes??? LOL
Old 02-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #15369
Stazon Splitcoast

Most of you saw on my Facebook that Adam took 1st place for the Regional Skills USA for CNC Milling. There were 14 Career Center Schools at the Regional Level. So he is off to Sinclair College in April for the State Level. He will know the following week whether he made it to National level. I believe that is in May. Its 5 days long in Kansas City.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #15370
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon girls! Beth - the Groves are definitely carnivores!!! As for the snake and lizards - I'd be telling Doug we need to find a different campsite (more likely a different campground) - one thing I always hated about when we would go to see family in the southern states - never knew when you'd see a snake.

Debbie - that is super for Adam - can't wait to hear the results of the next "step" for him! Just the opportunity to participate has to be an honor.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #15371
Stazon Splitcoast

Great news about Adam in the competition - advancing to the state level must take a lot of skill! A little travel never hurts either....

We are cleaning and packing things up today. Tomorrow morning we'll head north, hopefully make it to southern South Carolina. We've been checking weather and decided we need to get through VA and WV on Wednesday rather than Thursday as previously planned. So we'll have two days of lengthy driving instead of three regular days, but better to get through the mountains when it's not supposed to snow. Hope the cold and snow don't extend too far into March!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 AM   #15372
Stazon Splitcoast

Tired this morning - will be an early evening tonight.

Little Michael Landis from our church lost his battle with cancer on Friday. His viewing and funeral are tonight/tomorrow. Please keep his mom, dad and 3 little sisters in your prayers.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #15373
Stazon Splitcoast

We're home and after 5 weeks in a 24' camper, the house is HUGE! Everything's pretty much put away. I have three loads of laundry done and I'll do the rest tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #15374
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome home Beth!!

Sorry Darice for little Michael, sending prayers up for him and his family!

Not much news around here, just trying to stay healthy and cold/flu free!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 AM   #15375
Stazon Splitcoast

It's snowing lightly here - welcome back to Ohio! LOL

Darice, I hope Michael's family finds some peace after the next few days. I'm sure this has been a heart-wrenching ordeal for them.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #15376
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth I have to giggle when I remember living in Cheyenne, Wyoming. My husband to be and I moved out to Cheyenne to live together so we moved into a 30' mobile home. It was 8' wide and 30' long. You could have one foot in the tub, one foot in the toilet, wash your right hand in the sink and get something out of the closet with your left hand. Yes it was that small!!! But hey when your first in love you can endure anything! Lived there for a couple of years.

I still have a barrel cactus that I picked up when I lived there from behind the trailer park on the hillside. It was about 2" tall and its now split in two and about 12" tall. It has been abused in a couple of packing crates when we moved from Cheyenne to Alaska and then from Alaska to N Dakota then to Virginia and on to Ohio...
Old 03-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #15377
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie, that's a remarkable tale about survival - with the cactus, I mean! I've never been good with succulents or cacti, but I really like them. We picked up one for Wade on one of our western trips and he had it for a few years before expiring.

When do we make reservations for SU!'s convention? I mean the flights, hotel, etc. I think most of my upline are already booked into hotels and I'm concerned about getting a room as I think there's going to be a huge attendance this year. Are you still planning to go?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #15378
Stazon Splitcoast

Today Wade's moving into the little house he's leased for a year. It's in Royal Oak, close to downtown. He flew to Cincy last Thursday for a couple hours to sign on the sale of their house. He'll travel back in a couple weeks for the dissolution hearing and to get the cat.

I'm anxious to get up there, but next Friday I have an appt. in Columbus with an ortho doc about my hips which have been increasingly achey and are now downright painful after a walk. I'm supposed to allow THREE hours for the appt. If they find I need some kind of treatment or injections, it'll be done right then so I'm afraid to plan on continuing the drive to Detroit. Right now we're set to kennel Archie and drive up on the 15th and stay through Monday morning. When he leaves for work that morning, we'll drive back.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #15379
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Debbie, that's a remarkable tale about survival - with the cactus, I mean! I've never been good with succulents or cacti, but I really like them. We picked up one for Wade on one of our western trips and he had it for a few years before expiring.

When do we make reservations for SU!'s convention? I mean the flights, hotel, etc. I think most of my upline are already booked into hotels and I'm concerned about getting a room as I think there's going to be a huge attendance this year. Are you still planning to go?
Yes I am still planning on going. Crystal is also going to meet us as well as a friend of hers is going.

I can make the Hotel reservations at any time. SU! always has a block of rooms set aside and 3 different hotels near the Salt Place and they go up for rent the day after we reserve our convention spot.

Crystal and I stayed at Little America which is about 5 blocks from the Palace. there is a tram that is free that comes right out in front of the Hotel and we can get off right at the Palace... It was fairly cheap to stay there 2 years ago, like $79 a night. Not sure how much it will be this year. I know most really close to Salt Palace are going for a whole lot more.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #15380
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Today Wade's moving into the little house he's leased for a year. It's in Royal Oak, close to downtown. He flew to Cincy last Thursday for a couple hours to sign on the sale of their house. He'll travel back in a couple weeks for the dissolution hearing and to get the cat.

I'm anxious to get up there, but next Friday I have an appt. in Columbus with an ortho doc about my hips which have been increasingly achey and are now downright painful after a walk. I'm supposed to allow THREE hours for the appt. If they find I need some kind of treatment or injections, it'll be done right then so I'm afraid to plan on continuing the drive to Detroit. Right now we're set to kennel Archie and drive up on the 15th and stay through Monday morning. When he leaves for work that morning, we'll drive back.
It will be strange to have Wade a little farther a way I am sure. Sounds like things are progressing right along!

Hope its not too painful for you , Beth!

A few prayers for my dad, he goes under the knife on tuesday. He is having surgery on his spine. #2,3,4,5, they are going to be scraping and not sure what all they will be doing. But he is in so much pain! I feel so badly for him!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #15381
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie, I'll be glad to include your dad in my bedtime prayers. And that gets me to wondering if the rest of you do bedtime praying. I know I can pray at anytime, but that's the most common time for me. Carryover from the "Now I lay me down to sleep..." days, I'm sure!

I'm definitely in so I say the sooner we call and reserve a room, the better since record attendance is expected. I'm sure I'll be happy staying wherever you chicks recommend. My upline looked into renting an apartment or something for a whole bunch of people, but decided the logistics of transportation back and forth would be overwhelming. She very generously had said that any of my friends were welcome, bless her heart! I'm looking forward to meeting her in person and need to come up with a nice 3-d SU! gift. I had originally thought about a tea wallet with SU! fabric, but then remembered she's LDS and doesn't drink tea. Maybe I could call it a credit card wallet...
Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #15382
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth - yes, I tend to say "bedtime" prayers more than anything. Although there are times when even at work I will take a minute and just do a little sentence prayer when someone comes to mind. And when Mel was on bedrest and then delivered Olivia (of course she was constantly in my thoughts and prayers) - I had one night that I just couldn't stay asleep and every time I woke up Olivia came to mind. Turns out the next day when I talked to Mel that Olivia had had 4 separate incidence of sleep apnea that night and 3 of them they didn't think she was going to come out of. Now I know why I couldn't sleep that night - because I prayed really hard for that little girl and her caregivers that night. And Mel had told me that the worst time was at such and such a time - and that was one where I felt like I had been sleeping good but suddenly woke up. The power of prayer is amazing!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #15383
Stazon Splitcoast

Debbie - your check went postal this morning!!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #15384
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi chickies!

Welcome home Beth! Glad you had a good time camping. Hope Wade settles into his new home and job without too much hassle.

We are under a winter storm warning and could end up with a foot of snow. I'm thinking less since it was warm today, but we'll see. I want enough to keep me home tomorrow.

I've got my card all ready for Joan's SBS. Mom and I are looking forward to it and are making it into a girls' weekend away. I'm leaving work at noon that Friday - yeah!!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #15385
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess I'm a bedtime prayer person too, but like Darice, if the person touches my heart, then I'll pray right then and there. When I used to have the long commute to my old job, I found myself praying going up the road.

Speaking of prayers, Debbie, so glad your dad made out okay with his surgery. Hope it does the trick and helps with his pain.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #15386
Stazon Splitcoast

Great news for Adam!! Way to go! I'm sure you are one beaming momma!

I know you, Crystal, and Beth will have fun at convention especially with it being the 25th anniversary.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #15387
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the prayers, today! I know they helped him and the DR's tour though his spine!

Thanks Darice I will try to remember to let you know when it comes... Lately my mind is like a colander and runs out as fast as it goes in...

Wow Cindy lucky lady to get so much snow. We are only suppose to get between 2-6 inches depending on where the front goes. Its freezing rain at the moment! Suppose to change over around 10 or so... Not holding my breath! I would like a shovelable amount before spring comes.

I did see a bunch of buzzards this week and I know they aren't suppose to be back for another 10 days. My girlfriend who lived in Hinckley always says they are Hawks in Buzzard costumes... LOL
Old 03-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #15388
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandygrove View Post
Beth - yes, I tend to say "bedtime" prayers more than anything. Although there are times when even at work I will take a minute and just do a little sentence prayer when someone comes to mind. And when Mel was on bedrest and then delivered Olivia (of course she was constantly in my thoughts and prayers) - I had one night that I just couldn't stay asleep and every time I woke up Olivia came to mind. Turns out the next day when I talked to Mel that Olivia had had 4 separate incidence of sleep apnea that night and 3 of them they didn't think she was going to come out of. Now I know why I couldn't sleep that night - because I prayed really hard for that little girl and her caregivers that night. And Mel had told me that the worst time was at such and such a time - and that was one where I felt like I had been sleeping good but suddenly woke up. The power of prayer is amazing!
So true!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:59 AM   #15389
Retail Therapist

Good morning chicks!!!

Beth....I am so sorry to hear about W&K! Glad to hear he is moving on and getting a fresh start though. Such a nice guy! I'm sure he will do well in all of his new ventures! 5 weeks away? Boy did you pick the wrong time to return! We got 7 inches Tuesday night. Needless to say, the kids got a snow day yesterday.

Cindy......yay for a mother/daughter weekend! I know you girls will have a blast! Enjoy it to the fullest! How have you been feeling? Think about you lots!

Debbie.....how is your dad doing? Fred? I hope they have both gotten some relief!

Hmmmm.....I know I read lots more! My memory is also like a colander any more!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #15390
Retail Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheaded witch View Post
Most of you saw on my Facebook that Adam took 1st place for the Regional Skills USA for CNC Milling. There were 14 Career Center Schools at the Regional Level. So he is off to Sinclair College in April for the State Level. He will know the following week whether he made it to National level. I believe that is in May. Its 5 days long in Kansas City.
AWESOME!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:07 AM   #15391
Retail Therapist

Not a lot new to report from here......I don't think. I've been slowly moving my sewing and craft stuff into the basement. Love it there! I worked really hard on it for Megan......she lived here maybe 3 months and then moved back out. Not in school, too much partying, blah blah blah. I sure hope it's just a phase and she will outgrow it quickly, but I'm not holding my breathe. It's just so hard to go back to school once you're away from it. Anyhow, I have staked my claim on the basement! She always has a place here if she needs it, but she will get a small bedroom upstairs if she comes back again. I am NOT ever moving all this craft and sewing stuff again!!! Unless it is to move to a house in the country lol.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:10 AM   #15392
Stazon Splitcoast

We had a couple inches of very wet snow when we woke up yesterday and although the temps didn't get up into the high 30s as predicted, a lot of it did melt off. I notice the weatherman keeps lowering the temps on his forecasts for the weekend.

The new SU! customer that I met through Rick's skating is coming over to stamp this afternoon and she's a guest for our club meeting again Monday night. I'm going to ask her to join, and I'm fairly sure she'll accept, because my sister's dropping out. She's tired of making the drive down (1 hr.) at night and she says she's got too much stuff to keep ordering anything but paper and ink as needed. I know she'll remain a good customer because she sells a lot of cards and we get together at least once a month anyway.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:16 AM   #15393
Stazon Splitcoast

Rachella, good to see you here again! Kick Megan's butt for me, please. Maybe she'll sometime get a job in something that interests her - that might be a path back to school of some sort. I'm glad you have the basement area in which to work - sounds bigger and cooler than your attic space that you had.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #15394
Stazon Splitcoast

Good news! I went to a specialist in knees and hips today and after seeing the x-rays he said my problem is not in the joint or with the bone. I have a very bad case of bursitis in both hips. I got injections in each (barely hurt) and meds and cream is being sent to my home early next week. I have to have 12 sessions of P.T. over the next month. I may have to repeat the injections in a couple months if the inflammation/infection doesn't completely heal up. The doctor said that's about the best news the specialist ever gets to give. I'm relieved.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #15395
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good news! I went to a specialist in knees and hips today and after seeing the x-rays he said my problem is not in the joint or with the bone. I have a very bad case of bursitis in both hips. I got injections in each (barely hurt) and meds and cream is being sent to my home early next week. I have to have 12 sessions of P.T. over the next month. I may have to repeat the injections in a couple months if the inflammation/infection doesn't completely heal up. The doctor said that's about the best news the specialist ever gets to give. I'm relieved.
Wow sorry to hear your hips and knees have been bothering you!

My Dad has bursitis in his shoulders. He had a plow fall on his shoulders when he was in his late teens. He has had problems ever since then. Speaking of my Dad he is home and doing as well as can be expected. He has a walker and is getting around "OK" he expected to be back to great health by now but its not happening as fast as he would like it to be! MEN!! He has a 9" incision on his spine.

thanks for all the prayers!!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #15396
Stazon Splitcoast

Rachella, so good to see you on!

Your new crafting area in the basement sounds really good!

Sorry Megan is not doing as you hoped for her. But she has a good head on her shoulders so I 'm sure things will work out for her!

how is Marcus doing??? Still enjoying his new bedroom???

I saw on FB you have a job? Tell us about it!
Old 03-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #15397
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning! I'm home with a sinus infection, Doug has to go down to church because he is teaching this month. I intend to sleep when he leaves till he gets home and then hopefully I feel okay to try to get some stamping done. I need to finalize my card for Joan's SBS, and I promised 2 friends I would make a few cards for them to have on hand.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #15398
Stazon Splitcoast

No snow for us last week. I so wanted a snow day. Another storm the weather forecasters messed up on. Looking like a no snow winter for us. Now I want spring. My crocuses I dug up from my grandmother's yard are blooming. The yard so needs some color in it. Love hearing the birds chirping first thing in the morning too.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #15399
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappylilstamper View Post
Good morning chicks!!!

Beth....I am so sorry to hear about W&K! Glad to hear he is moving on and getting a fresh start though. Such a nice guy! I'm sure he will do well in all of his new ventures! 5 weeks away? Boy did you pick the wrong time to return! We got 7 inches Tuesday night. Needless to say, the kids got a snow day yesterday.

Cindy......yay for a mother/daughter weekend! I know you girls will have a blast! Enjoy it to the fullest! How have you been feeling? Think about you lots!

Debbie.....how is your dad doing? Fred? I hope they have both gotten some relief!

Hmmmm.....I know I read lots more! My memory is also like a colander any more!
So good to see posts from you!! I sure miss you chickie! Been feeling fine. Tired at times, but nothing too bad. Thanks for checking on me and thinking of me.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #15400
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappylilstamper View Post
Not a lot new to report from here......I don't think. I've been slowly moving my sewing and craft stuff into the basement. Love it there! I worked really hard on it for Megan......she lived here maybe 3 months and then moved back out. Not in school, too much partying, blah blah blah. I sure hope it's just a phase and she will outgrow it quickly, but I'm not holding my breathe. It's just so hard to go back to school once you're away from it. Anyhow, I have staked my claim on the basement! She always has a place here if she needs it, but she will get a small bedroom upstairs if she comes back again. I am NOT ever moving all this craft and sewing stuff again!!! Unless it is to move to a house in the country lol.
Hope it's just a phase for Megan too. Good for you taking the basement for something you enjoy doing. Now get busy crafting chickie!!! It's waiting for you!