Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree199Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #15241
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Jen! I KNEW that'd get your attention!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #15242
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkitten View Post
Hi, Jen! I KNEW that'd get your attention!
Ok. So now that you've got it (my attention, that is)... what did you want with it?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #15243
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Chicks! And hi to the Miss Smarty Pants above! I've spent today cleaning and baking as we're having Thanksgiving dinner here tomorrow, although it's just for a few. It'll be great to have Wade home overnight again, and I wish he could have come today after getting out of work early, but a good friend of his is proposing marriage tonight and there's an engagement party. (Guess he's pretty sure of an acceptance.)

Debbie, since my club had a big order last Wed. night, I've had only two small orders for the Extravaganza. I am happy to say that one was from a contact I made two weeks ago; she's coming to my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack next Monday and now she's got her first SU! order under her belt. Wooo hoo!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #15244
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: in my c-room that is getting closer and closer everyday!

Quote:
Hi Chicks! And hi to the Miss Smarty Pants above! I've spent today cleaning and baking as we're having Thanksgiving dinner here tomorrow, although it's just for a few. It'll be great to have Wade home overnight again, and I wish he could have come today after getting out of work early, but a good friend of his is proposing marriage tonight and there's an engagement party. (Guess he's pretty sure of an acceptance.)

Debbie, since my club had a big order last Wed. night, I've had only two small orders for the Extravaganza. I am happy to say that one was from a contact I made two weeks ago; she's coming to my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack next Monday and now she's got her first SU! order under her belt. Wooo hoo!
Yeah so far I have had only 3 place orders.. Most are waiting till after the holiday I think...
I have my last club for the month next wed. So I should get some order then I would think!

Enjoy your time with your family!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #15245
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY THANKSGIVING CHICKS!!!

We are hanging out here at home today, then meeting Joan and Dwight at 5:00 for dinner out. I can't wait - I love this restaurant we are going to - family style and man they know how to lay out a meal

Doug has to work a few hours tomorrow - just a quick clean of the sanctuary mainly. I am working on Christmas cards today and tomorrow. Just waiting now for my tea to finish steeping so that I don't have to make another trip up the steps.

It is a beautiful day here - crisp and sunny.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #15246
Stazon Splitcoast

OMGosh what a gorgeous day in NE Ohio... couldnt of ask for a better day. We had 47 at dinner today! Lots of food and great conversation....

Hope all of your meals were wonderful, also!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #15247
Stazon Splitcoast

We had a very quiet dinner here with Wade, then went for a walk in the beautiful sunshine & warm temps. Just got back from seeing Steven Spielberg's Lincoln.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #15248
Stazon Splitcoast

It was a beautiful late fall day here yesterday too!

Dinner with Joan & Dwight was really nice (and yummy). Came home after that and just relaxed. We went to bed fairly early because Doug wanted to get an early jump on work - he just left a couple minutes ago - hopes to be home by mid to late morning.

Beth - what did you think of Lincoln?
Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #15249
Stazon Splitcoast

It's definitely for history buffs. It's the story about how Lincoln got the 13th Amendment passed during his second term. It also brings in Lincoln's family. I enjoyed it, but it was not what I would consider "entertainment."

Still warm this morning, but so overcast that it looks dark! I think I'll have to get my walk in early.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #15250
Die Cut Diva

Hey everyone. Decided I should see if I can post often enough that Beth stops calling me a lurker... I wonder how often that is? She probably won't stop calling me "Miss Smarty Pants" though because I doubt I'll lose the sarcasm - it just wouldn't seem right.

We had a nice Thanksgiving Day at my sister's house... 30 of us there. I took my usual homemade dinner rolls and yes, mincemeat pie. I'm sure you're all jealous. We had about 6 different kinds of dessert though so plenty of options but now that I think about it - nothing pumpkin. Younger DD would have been disappointed if she had been there. She loves pumpkin pie! Debbie - did you have your own turkeys again this year?
My DD in Florida called me several times in the days before Thanksgiving to get the recipe and instructions for making sweet potato casserole - the one that's more like a dessert than side dish, with sugar in it and brown sugar and nuts on top too. It was good she needed a recipe otherwise I wouldn't probably have heard from her. She's doing well... very busy though. I made it through the first holiday without her being home... just one more to go. She'll be home in time for her birthday and Easter.

Haven't been terribly productive this holiday weekend except for laundry. I wanted to rake leaves but yesterday was so windy and cold - I couldn't make myself go out in it. Today isn't too much better. Not quite as windy I guess. I'm thinking about baking cookies this afternoon. I shouldn't, because I know I will eat too many of them. But right now I have no willpower. Anyone have some to spare?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #15251
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenny I am jealous of the mincemeat pies!! Oh and the sweet tater casserole - yum yum!!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #15252
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy belated Thanksgiving weekend chickies! I've had a terrible cold since Wednesday, so our weekend was low key except for a movie date yesterday to see Breaking Dawn. I finally felt human again, so we ventured out just for that and lunch. Then home again and into my jammies. Had a nice quiet turkey day at Mom and Dad's lounging around. It sure got cold and windy on Saturday. And now we could have snow tomorrow. Not looking forward to that just yet.

Off to catch up....

Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #15253
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and spent it with family and friends. Mom had so much food for just the four of us. Jen, the sweet tater casserole sounds yummy. 30 people for dinner and no one brought pumpkin pie??? That's strange since it seems to be a staple for Thanksgiving. Beth, glad you were able to spend some time with Wade. Darice, going out to eat is always nice, because there is no clean up. I'd miss the leftovers though. Debbie, great pics you shared on FB.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #15254
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, glad you told me about the Lincoln movie, had thought I might want to see it but not much into that much history!
Glad you could spend the day with Wade and Kate!

Darice out to eat sounds like fun on Thanksgiving, like Cindy said no clean up!!!

Cindy sorry to hear you were not feeling well. Always on holidays, seems like!

Jen nice to see you again!!! No Adam didn't do turkeys or 4-H this year. He knew he was going to have a job and didn't want to have to take time off work for showing. But we still had a couple in the freezer so I cooked one of them.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #15255
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a DR appointment this morning to check on how things were going with the numbers and any concerns. We talked about the "no carbs thing" the Dietician talked about. The DR doesn't like the Atkins plan, to hard on the Kidneys and since the Diabetes is part of the kidneys she didn't think they needed anymore work on them. So she suggested I go on to the American Diabetes website and follow their planning of meals. Which is 3-4 carb servings a meal. I still haven't had any bread in over 4 weeks and I am no longer craving it, which makes it easier.
So, so far so good! Taking it a day at a time!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #15256
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girlies - been super crazy busy this past week.

Dropping by to ask for your prayers - the little guy back at church that I told you a while back has cancer - they have now called Hospice in. Despite everything they have tried the cancer is not responding, in fact is growing rapidly. Please keep Michael and his family in your prayers.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #15257
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Chicks! It's been a whirlwind week, but I've little scheduled for the weekend. My Christmas Stamp-a-Stack went very well; now it's prepare for the pouch and tags classes this coming week. I've been to several appts. and the will is updated, teeth cleaned, etc. Yesterday Janice and I went to Winterfair at the state fairgrounds in Cols. and had a fantastic time, although I bought very little. That artsy stuff is expensive! Next year I'm going back, with more cash.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #15258
Stazon Splitcoast

Worked/working on Christmas cards most of the day today. Hopefully will have them all assembled by tonight and/or tomorrow evening. Want to get them addressed during the evenings this week, so they can go postal next weekend.

Somehow our December has really filled up - tomorrow is the Grove family party/Grandma's 98th birthday in the afternoon. Next Friday evening is Doug's work dinner, Saturday morning carolling to the church shut-ins, Sunday evening the church Christmas program, the following Saturday breakfast out/gift exchange for me with the girls from my office, then on the 21st we go to Hershey to see/hear Trans Siberian Orchestra.

And somewhere in between there we need to fit in Christmas shopping!! Oh, and then January 5 is the baby shower for my nephew and his wife
Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #15259
Stazon Splitcoast

Threadkiller!!

LOL I assume everyone is busy with holiday prep and activities. We were out and about and did a little Christmas shopping. I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $30 or more at A C Moore and my one niece wanted art supplies and cake decorating/baking type stuff so I took advantage on that coupon. Books on 3 of the lists so we stopped at Barnes & Noble and took care of them; one was not in stock at the store so it is being shipped to us at no cost for the shipping since we had over $25 total purchase.

Not sure what we will do for my nephew's girl - she is a tad more high maintenance than the other 3 - have a list from her but I'm thinking most of the items are going to take most of her allotted amount. Although I suppose she is old enough to realize the cost and understand - just hate when they don't have as much to open. (Lord help me that sounded like my mother!!)
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #15260
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandygrove View Post
Threadkiller!!

LOL I assume everyone is busy with holiday prep and activities. We were out and about and did a little Christmas shopping. I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $30 or more at A C Moore and my one niece wanted art supplies and cake decorating/baking type stuff so I took advantage on that coupon. Books on 3 of the lists so we stopped at Barnes & Noble and took care of them; one was not in stock at the store so it is being shipped to us at no cost for the shipping since we had over $25 total purchase.

Not sure what we will do for my nephew's girl - she is a tad more high maintenance than the other 3 - have a list from her but I'm thinking most of the items are going to take most of her allotted amount. Although I suppose she is old enough to realize the cost and understand - just hate when they don't have as much to open. (Lord help me that sounded like my mother!!)
Hi Threadkiller!!! NOT!!!

Been very busy here.

Trying to get the Pass Port Training done so I can start one on one training to become the next Pass Port Agent. In typical government style, you learn where the staples have to be and where they cant be! How many inches from chin to eye and eye to outside edge of photo. Lord help me to learn all of these and many many more! There are 14 chapters and tests for each chapter and you have to get 100% on the tests or you take them over and over and over again till you pass. I have been taking notes and have filled up one spiral bound notebook and working on the second one.

I have found the older I get the harder it is to stay focused and remember all the important stuff... Uggg I wouldn't want to try to go to college at my age it would be very sad!

I made a double batch of sugar cookies. I have the dough in ref. to get cold and will roll them out and cut them out tomorrow. I made a double batch of Danish lemon-filled Spice cookies and after baking you make a lemon frosting and put between 2 of the cookies.

I told Adam I would make a plate of them to take to work this week for the guys...

Adam is studying for the Regional competition that will be held the end of Jan I believe. He gets a blueprint, has to create a computer program and then programs the machine to cut this piece of metal from the program he has created. Before the actual creation he has a 100 question test and an interview in front of 3 teachers. If he gets 1st place he will go to state and then on to Nationals which are held in Kansas City over 5 days.

Fred is off his rocker oops walker and is using a cane. He seems to think he is going to go back to work the first of the year. Even though the DR said not until Feb. He can do some CNC machining that he can sit at a computer and run with out too much physical activity. Of course I told him he was crazy but then I am just the wife that has to listen to him complain how he hurts....Oh yeah and really what do I know!!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #15261
Stazon Splitcoast

Darice good for you to get your present buying under way. We (Adam and I ) are going to together to buy Fred what he wants. Adam will probably get a gift card to Summit Racing. We are not going too crazy with gifts this year. Probably one each and that is about it!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 AM   #15262
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Debbie!! I would be in the same boat as you - I find it more and more difficult to keep all the information and requirements from the various carriers straight too. And I agree going to college at my age would not be a good thing!!

Those cookies sound yummy - I love lemon, so they would be right up my alley

Let us know how Adam does that is so exciting!!! Go Adam!!

I sure hope Fred listens to the doctor. Since I've had my surgery I've heard so many people that have had knee replacement and have had some sort of problem afterwards (infections, etc.). I am so thankful that I didn't have to deal with any of that!!

I'm still fairly busy at work, but it is not super nutso. That seems to go in spells - seems everyone wants everything at one time, so I have a super busy day, then a day that is just steady, then one that is a little crazy, - which is okay. Just the super busy day can make it a little rough when everyone tells you they need stuff for an appointment in the afternoon - and they all have their appointments at the same time!!

We had Doug's work Christmas dinner on Friday night and he was given a very nice gift card.

We are only doing the kids on my side. It is just too much financially for us to get everyone something and honestly, we all get what we want through the year and the true value is just being able to be together.

I have no idea what Doug is doing for his parents and brother - his decision. They haven't figured out yet that it is not really about the gifts!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #15263
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Chicks! Sorry I've been MIA, but I've had some bad family news preying on my mind (of which I don't care to share the details on-line) so I've just avoided communicating here and on FB. But I miss you all and would appreciate your prayers.

Debbie, sounds like you and Adam are doing a lot of studying! Age does seem to affect the retention of facts so Adam's got the edge on you. LOL

Sounds like we're all busy with Christmas prep. I've arranged something quite different for DH this year. I chose pics of, and mementoes from, the two places we've volunteered and I'm having them matted and framed. I think he'll love the idea. And I don't think he's missed the large U.S. Forest Service belt buckle yet. I'll try to get a good pic of them after Christmas to post, but there may be too much glare on the glass. We went in with one of Rick's brothers to buy MIL a smallish flat-screen TV for her room at the rest home. She may not have much time left, but that's about all she can do so we want her to be able to see a good picture on the screen.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #15264
Stazon Splitcoast

I love to bake, but I'm scaling back on it this year. DH is too heavy and I don't want to gain back what I've lost; Wade and Kate hardly eat any sweets. I'm going to make half of each cookie batch and some of those will go to four different neighboring families. Debbie, your lemon cookies sound divine! I did try a new recipe for some maple nut cookies a week ago, but they're just too sweet; I was hoping they'd be softer, & less sugary than they came out. What are you all baking?

Debbie, did you put in a hefty preorder? Mine was fairly small and it's arriving Thursday. I wish I would have gotten the Artisan Embellishments Kit with which to experiment. I'm thinking it would make a good product-based class in January. But we're leaving for FL the day after Sale-a-Bration officially starts so maybe I wouldn't have time. My club is meeting a few days before and I'll hold the order until the 22nd.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #15265
Stazon Splitcoast

Actually Beth I havent ordered anything on the preorder... I am a little pretubed with SU at this time.
I had 30 free Occasions catalogs. I had forgotten to place the order for them and about 28 other ones. So I got a notice today that 30 of them were being mailed out and I owe 38.00. After looking closer they randomly sent out the 30 that I received free except they charged me for them. Half of the ones that were in my Customer Manager file that they sent catalogs too I wouldn't of sent them ones. So now I have bought 30 that I should of gotten free. I figured since I hadn't made the date for ordering the Occasions to go to the customers I choose, I would just buy like 5 or 6 packs of the Occasions and have a little party the first of the year and hand them out. Not sure what I am going to do now... Back up and regroup!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #15266
Stazon Splitcoast

Its lightly snowing here but nothing is sticking, right now!

Cookies I made sugar cookie cut outs, Kisses thumbprints, the Danish lemon Spice cookie, might make my 1-2-3 Pastry sticks. Not sure.

I have technique club on Wed night and haven't even started coming up with techniques nor cutting cardstock for them. I did take off Tues (tomorrow) for vacation so I will probably work on them then.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #15267
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, saying prayers for you and the health issue you and your family is facing. I'm here if you need to talk.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:07 AM   #15268
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth - I'll be praying for you, sometime it is just too hard to talk about, but God knows our needs.

Cookie baking - hmmmm..... I'm like Beth, neither one of us need them, and I don't have any time off, and my weekends are full, so I doubt I do any at all. If I do get anything done, it will be the weekend between Christmas and New Year's. My sister and I are thinking we will be getting together on New Year's Day if it works with all the kids, so I may get some done for that day. May have to recruit Mr. Grove to help!

Beth, I think the gift for Rick is a super idea - hope the pics work so we can see them!

Debbie - I know you will be super busy today, and whatever you come up with for your class will be fantastic.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #15269
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts, friends! Now I need more prayers - for my MIL who has been hospitalized with congestive heart failure, the flu and a kidney infection. We went to Lancaster yesterday afternoon to meet her at the kidney doc's office and were very surprised to learn that the nursing home had decided she was not well enough to transport to the appt. (And no one let us know!) Couldn't get hold of anyone when we got home although they later called us at 9:30 pm to say that she had the flu and the doctor called decided to have her go to the emergency room, but didn't expect her to be kept. ?!? She was admitted and this morning we heard the diagnosis. She's really out of it, doesn't make sense and we've never seen her like this. I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #15270
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts, friends! Now I need more prayers - for my MIL who has been hospitalized with congestive heart failure, the flu and a kidney infection. We went to Lancaster yesterday afternoon to meet her at the kidney doc's office and were very surprised to learn that the nursing home had decided she was not well enough to transport to the appt. (And no one let us know!) Couldn't get hold of anyone when we got home although they later called us at 9:30 pm to say that she had the flu and the doctor called decided to have her go to the emergency room, but didn't expect her to be kept. ?!? She was admitted and this morning we heard the diagnosis. She's really out of it, doesn't make sense and we've never seen her like this. I'll keep you posted.
Wow Beth that is alot of strikes against an older person. I will say some prayers for her. I know its hard on you when they are so out of it and dont make sense.... I hope they can get her stabilized!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #15271
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, praying for your MIL and your other request.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #15272
Stazon Splitcoast

No time to bake here either, and that's what I enjoy doing the most. Weekends are busy, so I can't do it then. I might try and get a couple kinds of cookies baked - my main thing to make will be cupcakes for our office Christmas party. I usually do cookie trays, but figured cupcakes will be less time. And the neighbors will get breads this year instead of cookies if I even do that.

It's just extremely busy both at home and work and not enough hours in the day to get it all done.

Trying to get my cards finished up and mailed too. Then to do get packages ready to mail. Told Danny no more "yes" RSVP's for dinners and parties. I need to stay home and work. He just doesn't get it.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #15273
Stazon Splitcoast

So Debbie, with the passport job, would that mean you'd give up the library? Or do both? I'm glad I'm not the one studying. LOL

Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #15274
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
So Debbie, with the passport job, would that mean you'd give up the library? Or do both? I'm glad I'm not the one studying. LOL
Hey Cindy, glad you were able to stop in to say HI!

The passport is part of the circulation job at the library. the library decided they would make extra money by offering Passport services. They get $25 for each passport they execute. We are only able to offer it at the 2 biggest libraries in our system. Since I spend so much sub time at the one in Brunswick, I asked them to let me learn how to do the Passports. It has taken over a year to be able for me to do it.

I did finish with all the training and testing, this morning now the waiting comes into effect. I have to submit the paperwork, birth certificate, marriage licenses, divorce decrees, tests scores and my first born child in order for them to process me. LOL Hoping for the first of the year.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #15275
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! It's sunny here again today and I really have needed it!

Debbie, good luck on a timely processing of the passport certification. DH & I keep saying we need to get ours, but never have. I think he's afraid I'll sign him up for a non-camping vacation. I got my preorder a day earlier than expected! And I like what I got, but have only had time to put things away, not to play.

Thanks, Cindy, for your thoughts and prayers! Hope you get some time to enjoy the season. It's good to be busy, but not 24/7.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #15276
Stazon Splitcoast

Archie's having a "spa" morning! LOL I hope the little guy comes home completely tuckered out because he was very restless last night since we were gone so much during the day.

Haven't heard anything yet from the hospital; Rick is waiting until nurse Courtney comes on duty to call as she is more friendly and informative. We will probably not go up again today, if she's improving and if another family member can visit.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #15277
Stazon Splitcoast

Beth, lets hope she is improving!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #15278
Die Cut Diva

Grrrrr.... just spent a very UN-productive evening shopping. Ugh. Hate it!
I should've lived in a time when people were happy to get an orange and a peppermint stick in their stockings!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #15279
Die Cut Diva

Hope all the rest of you are having a good week before Christmas and enjoying the season!

Sending thoughts and prayers to you Beth and your family!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #15280
Stazon Splitcoast

I ended up going to the Chiropractor today. Felt the back give out on Sunday. Nursed it for 2 days and new it wasnt going to get any better. I do feel much better after going. i really put it out this time. I have to go on Thursday morning for some more work.

I hope everyone is well and Beth you are on my mind also. Sending good vibes your way in what ever you are dealing with!