Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #601
Stazon Splitcoast

Speaking again about the cold, we had Grandma's funeral and burial on Monday and it was really cold and windy. I had the kids and I all grab our boots for the cemetery. Dd1 had a dress on so I also had her grab pants to put on because the temp was single digits with a below zero windchill as well. My cousin's 8yo dd was there in a fancy jacket, a dress and tights, crying because she was cold. My 23yo niece was in her high heels, complaining about the cold. My uncle was in his suit, no jacket. Hello everyone, it's NYE in MN and it's ALWAYS freezing...
Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #602
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
I missed those. I'm not sure if the Canadian channel didn't air them, or if I just missed them or what.
At the end, she was getting a cell call from Casey while making out with the other guy. So in the preview, Casey was talking to her that he hoped she didn't think he was blowing her off, he just had stuff going on, which must have been his mom and sister thing. And of course Gabi was remembering her night with the other guy.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #603
CBC Lady Violet

yeah, I can never understand people who don't dress for the weather. Those people who are visiting or maybe have just moved here and don't really understand what it is like - those I understand, they just really don't know! And those who cannot afford it - those I also understand. But people who have grown up/lived here their whole lives (and who I know well, so know they can afford or even have the items and are choosing not to use them)? Those I do NOT understand. Hello? It's January. It's ALWAYS cold. You need warm clothing! D'uh!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #604
CBC Lady Violet

As much as I know people love their pets, I gotta say that days like today make me REALLY glad I am not a dog owner.......
Old 01-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #605
CBC Lady Violet

Meds seem to have finally kicked in, and I also had the bright idea to try to lemonade, which has also helped. So off to see if I can catch a few hours sleep.
Night chickies!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #606
Watercolor Wizard

We don't have Sephora anywhere near here. I'm getting where I use very little make up anymore. My skin is holding up well for my age, except for my hands. This handwashing fetish of mine has really aged them. Anyone know of a great hand cream that is not too hard to find?

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #607
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm constantly telling the kids to always grab their hats and mittens. You never know when you'll have car trouble or be stranded. Like one day, ds2 came home from school and couldn't get into the house. It was cold out and the garage door keypad was sticking and ds1 didn't hear him knocking right away so he was outside, unprepared.

And then sh says, oh that's okay, they won't need them...so much for my speech. *sigh*
Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #608
Watercolor Wizard

Your SH ex sounds exactly like my sh ex. They are only highly concerned with THEMSELVES. Mine is getting pretty darn old, and hasn't changed a bit.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #609
Stazon Splitcoast

I bet Kelly knows of a good hand creme. I just use stuff from Bath and Body Works. Kids' pediatrician always recommended Eucerin Creme (as opposed to the lotion version) when they had really dry legs.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #610
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
Your SH ex sounds exactly like my sh ex. They are only highly concerned with THEMSELVES. Mine is getting pretty darn old, and hasn't changed a bit.
Poor us, right?!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #611
Watercolor Wizard

More poor you. Since DS is an adult, I only have to see my SH on very rare occasions. (Lyla's bday partys, recitals, etc) He even blows these things off if he has something HE wants to do. Missed her bday party last year, so I didn't see him all year until her recital a few weeks ago.

Your kids are young, so you will have to deal with it for many years to come.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #612
Watercolor Wizard

I'm heading to bed. Good night all.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #613
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm heading out too. Hoping to go scrapbooking for a few hours in the morning, if the kids can do without me for the little bit.

Nite
Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #614
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
I bet Kelly knows of a good hand creme. I just use stuff from Bath and Body Works. Kids' pediatrician always recommended Eucerin Creme (as opposed to the lotion version) when they had really dry legs.
Well, I hate greasy creams with a passion. So my daily-use-whenever-I-need-it one is just plain old fast-absorbing keri. But it is a light one. For heavy duty use, I use Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Cream. But it is thick & sticky, so I do it at night just before bed, and I put a pair of gloves on overtop, so I don't get sticky honey stuff all over the bedclothes. I usually wake up at some point in the night and pull the gloves off. I usually only do this if my hands have reached the point that they are dry & cracking though. 1-3 nights of this treatment and they are usually back soft again.

Imogene, you really should try experimenting with different hand soap though. I went through a couple of winters here where I couldn't believe how bad my hands were - I'd never had them so bad. They were a mess - dry, cracked & bleeding from something like Nov.-Mar. Previously, I'd had that happen for a couple of days maybe once or twice a year - never for months on end. Last year, I discovered quite by accident that the handsoap I was using at home was one of the biggest culprits. When I moved here, I stayed with my parents. Lilsis had gotten Mom hooked on B&BW handsoaps. So when I moved to my own apartment, I bought them too. Loved the scents etc. Last winter, right when my hands were worst, I happened to run out of handsoap (& my good Burt's Bees cream at the same time). At the time, I really couldn't spare the time to run to the part of town with the B & BW, so I just picked up a cheapie bottle of softsoap (don't know if you guys have that brand name or not) soothing aloe vera. I was totally floored to have my hands go from cracked & bleeding to almost normal in less than a week just from the change in my handsoap. I used that for the rest of the winter last year, and had almost no problems. So, much as the cream-style soothing aloe vera soap is just plain boring, and I really love the B&BW scents & foaming/scrubbing handsoaps, I buy the cream style one. It has made a HUGE difference. For whatever reason, my skin just doesn't like the B&BW ones.
So I suggest you head to the store and check out some different hand soaps. Look for something in a creamier style, preferably with aloe vera. Try two to three for a week each and see if any of them make any difference.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #615
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

morning
Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #616
CBC Lady Violet

Off to the grindstone.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #617
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Well, I hate greasy creams with a passion. So my daily-use-whenever-I-need-it one is just plain old fast-absorbing keri. But it is a light one. For heavy duty use, I use Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Cream. But it is thick & sticky, so I do it at night just before bed, and I put a pair of gloves on overtop, so I don't get sticky honey stuff all over the bedclothes. I usually wake up at some point in the night and pull the gloves off. I usually only do this if my hands have reached the point that they are dry & cracking though. 1-3 nights of this treatment and they are usually back soft again.

Imogene, you really should try experimenting with different hand soap though. I went through a couple of winters here where I couldn't believe how bad my hands were - I'd never had them so bad. They were a mess - dry, cracked & bleeding from something like Nov.-Mar. Previously, I'd had that happen for a couple of days maybe once or twice a year - never for months on end. Last year, I discovered quite by accident that the handsoap I was using at home was one of the biggest culprits. When I moved here, I stayed with my parents. Lilsis had gotten Mom hooked on B&BW handsoaps. So when I moved to my own apartment, I bought them too. Loved the scents etc. Last winter, right when my hands were worst, I happened to run out of handsoap (& my good Burt's Bees cream at the same time). At the time, I really couldn't spare the time to run to the part of town with the B & BW, so I just picked up a cheapie bottle of softsoap (don't know if you guys have that brand name or not) soothing aloe vera. I was totally floored to have my hands go from cracked & bleeding to almost normal in less than a week just from the change in my handsoap. I used that for the rest of the winter last year, and had almost no problems. So, much as the cream-style soothing aloe vera soap is just plain boring, and I really love the B&BW scents & foaming/scrubbing handsoaps, I buy the cream style one. It has made a HUGE difference. For whatever reason, my skin just doesn't like the B&BW ones.
So I suggest you head to the store and check out some different hand soaps. Look for something in a creamier style, preferably with aloe vera. Try two to three for a week each and see if any of them make any difference.
YES! Softsoap (or an off brand) w/ aloe is great.
Also, do not use anti-bac soaps.

I use B&BW Super Rich Foot Cream Spa Size - Shea It isn't So - True BlueŽ Spa - Bath & Body Works
It's 'foot' cream but I use it all over. LOVE it!
(it's usually B2G1 all the time...so 3 for $40)
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 AM   #618
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Oh I'm sure they do too, but I don't like to go there. I think I saw there's one near the library so I'll have to check it out.

I got a brow pencil not too long ago, but I guess I don't really know how to do it. I've even watched videos on how to do it. It doesn't look natural so I must not be blending it well enough.
Laurie check out this site. They have stencils that you use with powders instead of pencil.

Filling in sparse or thinning eyebrows
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #619
Duchess of CBCs

I use Cetaphil.

Hi all!!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #620

I am going to try changing my soap- my hands have been really bad this past week and I have been using the BBW soap since I have been home. If that's the case I have a lot of gifts to give...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #621
Stazon Splitcoast

I am seriously considering making this card A2 instead of 5x7 which is what, A6?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #622
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, my word. This is--wow. The ODBD release.

I want it all. I've NEVER wanted it all. I do now. I do.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #623

I like some of them- although I forget what they were already
Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #624

I do like the new Phyllis Harris ones that unity released today *sigh*
Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #625
Stazon Splitcoast

They have silhouettes of kids. They have great sentiments. They have cool castle/princess stuff.

AAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #626
Stazon Splitcoast

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO More Phyllis Harris??? AAAK
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #627
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #628

LOL
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #629
Stazon Splitcoast

Dd1 gets dry, bleeding, cracked hands too from the anti-bac sanitizer stuff they have them use all the time at school. Had to send a note to the nurse that she couldn't use that stuff anymore. I think she gets a rash from aloe also, so she's kind of limited.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #630
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not even gonna look at it. I'm ordering a SAB order at the end of the month, then I'm committed to using what I have for at least 3 months.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #631
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow. Amuse already shipped my package. WOOT
Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #632
Stazon Splitcoast

SC274- Race to the Big Day by Chautona - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #633
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey C...I'm still loving Past Forward! I'm 84% done with it and had to force myself to stop reading last night at midnight so I could get some sleep.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #634
Stazon Splitcoast

So glad! Let me know when you're ready for Volume 2.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #635
CBC Lady Violet

Oh C.............. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...s-t566605.html
Old 01-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #636
Stazon Splitcoast

Most Whovians that I know would LOVE the fun of the idea over the "make sure it's 100% perfectly right or else"

*eyes roll*
Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #637
CBC Lady Violet

I think I could cheerfully crawl into bed for the night right now. Except that I know I'd regret it because I'd end up awake at some ridiculous hour like 3 am or something.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #638

I hear ya Kelly (and I didn't even have to work today)
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #639
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

*waves*

J had a wrestling match last night ( won the first lost the second) and so my computer shut down from heat before I could show him all the mug shots...

Im borrowing hubs cooling pad. I ordered a new one for me that should have reached work today but, I have been sitting here since 11 am because we had a direct tv appointment from noon to 4 pm today... after 4 I called... then a half hour later our guy called back, he's crazy behind today... didnt get here till 5 now we have two guys out there doing it all real quick. ( and its getting dark) so
hubs was a snot and he's like you missed him yada yada yada. I mean I didnt even vacuum so that I would not be making too much noise to hear someone knock right?

im a little ticked and a little relieved. and I have a headache.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #640

Chautona- did you get off of pinterest? I can't find you (I was going to tag you in it)