Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #4361
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

morning
Old 02-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #4362
CBC Lady Violet

Even better, it is a long weekend this weekend too. Extra stamping, stitching & reading time.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #4363
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
g'evening.
yay Jen, ( that's coffee with icecubes right?)
Yep... milk/soy milk, espresso, chocolate, ice... blended!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #4364
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning. Finally a day to relax. It's been a long week. *sigh*
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #4365
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

g'morning oh a day off good deal enjoy it!
Im headed up to the hospital early this morning as I have too many meeting through the middle of the day.

got some dry shampoo in a can and did gma's hair yesterday morning and my aunt remembered her fav. lipstick its funny how such little things make such a big difference. ( she looked so normal that way )
Old 02-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #4366
Stazon Splitcoast

Dry shampoo, I didn't know there was such a thing but I can see why it exists. Hope she starts feeling better soon.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #4367
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen, reading back, glad to see you are starting to feel a little better too and that surgery went well.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #4368
Watercolor Wizard

SCAN UPDATE: "Favorable response to therapy is seen in the metastatic lymph nodes and soft tissue nodules on left side of the pelvis with reduction in size of all previously identified lesions." The nodules have reduced by about 25% in size --- great scans!

I currently have a nasty uninary infection. Chemo cycle begins again on Monday. The nasty red devil is working.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #4369
Chat Box Chick Enabler

GREAT news, Arlene! (well, not the UTI, LOL)
Old 02-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #4370

evening
Old 02-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #4371
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene Bridges View Post
SCAN UPDATE: "Favorable response to therapy is seen in the metastatic lymph nodes and soft tissue nodules on left side of the pelvis with reduction in size of all previously identified lesions." The nodules have reduced by about 25% in size --- great scans!

I currently have a nasty uninary infection. Chemo cycle begins again on Monday. The nasty red devil is working.
Sorry to hear about the infection Arlene, and I know the red devil side effects are not fun, but I am so glad to hear it is working.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #4372
CBC Lady Violet

13 emails and 10 of them junk.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #4373
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening!

The kiddos were off of school today for President's Day. They do have to go on Monday though to make up the second hurricane day that we missed in August/September. A friend and her 3 dds came over for a scrapbook/cardmaking play date.

I made some cards like this:
http://stampinpretty.typepad.com/.a/...70a50f6970d-pi

The CM hexagon punch worked perfectly and they were really fun to make. I used SU dp scraps and they all coordinated nicely.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #4374
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
Evening!

The kiddos were off of school today for President's Day. They do have to go on Monday though to make up the second hurricane day that we missed in August/September. A friend and her 3 dds came over for a scrapbook/cardmaking play date.

I made some cards like this:
http://stampinpretty.typepad.com/.a/...70a50f6970d-pi

The CM hexagon punch worked perfectly and they were really fun to make. I used SU dp scraps and they all coordinated nicely.
I want to try making some of those - hopefully this weekend. It is a long weekend as Monday is a stat holiday, so I am hoping to spend my weekend stitching, stamping, reading, watching tv and maybe doing some baking. I want to make some pizza pockets (just not sure I have enough freezer room), and I would like to try that soft pretzel recipe I pinned the other day.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #4375
Stazon Splitcoast

I was just looking at the PTI release for the month. I like the polka dot bunny stamp set (with the matching die) and the wonderful words stamp set (with the matching die). They are both monthly series too so I may be in trouble. I love polka dots and the words look like they would be versatile. I could make them with the Cricut though. At least they are only the smaller $5 sets. The barrette dies are awesome too. I don't see how they come up with such good ideas all of the time - some people (ok most people) are a lot more creative than I am!

I looked on the winners page and 2 people won twice! What luck! If they play the lottery, this is certainly their week to play.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #4376
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
I want to try making some of those - hopefully this weekend. It is a long weekend as Monday is a stat holiday, so I am hoping to spend my weekend stitching, stamping, reading, watching tv and maybe doing some baking. I want to make some pizza pockets (just not sure I have enough freezer room), and I would like to try that soft pretzel recipe I pinned the other day.
What is your holiday for on Monday? I'm guessing it's not to honor the President's of the USA.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #4377
Stazon Splitcoast

I just noticed that they are offering a 6% off discount for their 6th anniversary. Hmmmm.... I wasn't going to order, but they never offer discounts and I do have gift certificates. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I must say that I was disappointed that they didn't have a new color for their 6th anniversary release.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #4378
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
I was just looking at the PTI release for the month. I like the polka dot bunny stamp set (with the matching die) and the wonderful words stamp set (with the matching die). They are both monthly series too so I may be in trouble. I love polka dots and the words look like they would be versatile. I could make them with the Cricut though. At least they are only the smaller $5 sets. The barrette dies are awesome too. I don't see how they come up with such good ideas all of the time - some people (ok most people) are a lot more creative than I am!

I looked on the winners page and 2 people won twice! What luck! If they play the lottery, this is certainly their week to play.
I like that bunny set & die too, and I don't have much in the way of Easter stamps.
I keep looking at the YOF dies and I am really on the fence. The one flower die & matching stamp set I have I have a terrible time getting the die & stamp to line up - so much so, that I very seldom use the die and it is usually in conjunction with dp, and not the stamp. I am afraid that if I buy the YOF ones, it will be the same problem. Maybe I will buy one at some point and see what I think of it.
I've bought random stuff from their series before, and never felt the need to buy them all. (Except the YOF, but that was a calculated decision to keep me from spending $$$$$ on PSX botanicals...........)

ETA: and I can't imagine winning twice in one release! What luck! I'd be ecstatic just to win once!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #4379
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
What is your holiday for on Monday? I'm guessing it's not to honor the President's of the USA.
Family Day.
But it is a weird statutory holiday. Most of our stats are Federal. But this one is provincial - so if you work for the federal government, you don't get it off.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #4380
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I like that bunny set & die too, and I don't have much in the way of Easter stamps.
I keep looking at the YOF dies and I am really on the fence. The one flower die & matching stamp set I have I have a terrible time getting the die & stamp to line up - so much so, that I very seldom use the die and it is usually in conjunction with dp, and not the stamp. I am afraid that if I buy the YOF ones, it will be the same problem. Maybe I will buy one at some point and see what I think of it.
I've bought random stuff from their series before, and never felt the need to buy them all. (Except the YOF, but that was a calculated decision to keep me from spending $$$$$ on PSX botanicals...........)

ETA: and I can't imagine winning twice in one release! What luck! I'd be ecstatic just to win once!

I don't have all of any of the series, although I have most of the YOF ones. I really like polka dots though and the word dies/stamp sets are neat/fun.

There's still the contest to win all of the stamp sets for the entire year.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #4381
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Family Day.
But it is a weird statutory holiday. Most of our stats are Federal. But this one is provincial - so if you work for the federal government, you don't get it off.
As long as it's a day off I guess it doesn't matter why/who else gets off! When it is a stat holiday, do they have to pay you for the day as well as give you off or just give you off?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #4382
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
As long as it's a day off I guess it doesn't matter why/who else gets off! When it is a stat holiday, do they have to pay you for the day as well as give you off or just give you off?
Stats they have to pay and give the day off. In general, between Federal & provincial, there are about 10 or so a year.
Usually:
New Years Day
Family Day (generally the third Monday in Feb.)
Good Friday (some places give Easter Monday off, but it isn't a stat)
Victoria Day (third Monday in May)
Canada Day
Civic Holiday (first Monday in August)
Labour Day
Thanksgiving Day (2nd Monday in Oct)
Christmas Day

I live in the only province in which Boxing Day is still a stat.
And one of the half of the provinces in which Remembrance Day is NOT a stat (one day I think should be a stat).
And I think they should add one more in the spring - that moves between March & April, whichever one Easter isn't in that year.
One long weekend a month would be fabulous!

Last edited by Anemone; 02-15-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #4383
CBC Lady Violet

Started that post quite a while ago, but then the skype rang. 'twas Sweet Pea & Doodlebug & Bitsy. Had a nice chat. They are so fun to watch on skype. Bitsy is about 7 months and she was giggling & waving her arms about like crazy. SIL2 said that is the most interactive and vocal she has been with anyone on skype. Now I get to brag to the rest of my family............

Definitely the best part of my day today!

Last edited by Anemone; 02-15-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #4384

how sad is it that it is not even 9:00 and I am ready for bed...
Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #4385
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

home. I am so dang tired.
I could crawl into bed easy peasy.. hubs is not home from work yet, drove to the CA job site again after he shut up the shop at 5 so... last night he didnt make it home till 8. not expecting him before that tonight either.

made a card and two simple tags after work but, its dark so didnt bother to shoot them just came in the house to get the phone because the kid was two hours later ( and that ticked me off that he's fine, home now but. just mad that I was worried. and he is blowing it off) grumble grumble grumble
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #4386
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

part of the problem is... Alice came by work on what maybe tuesday? bearing Valentines day gifts. now, she walks in and says how are you which I happen to be very busy so I say busy. so she says she is busy and stays for an hour complaining about ( the usual ) but, as broke as she is she finds a way to go to medford and buy printed papers and little bumpy bling things ( not pearls forgot the name) like glitter bumps. so, you know. she never has a nice thing to say ever. I know her life is not so great and I try to listen. but, its getting harder and harder she says things that dont make any sense to me ( money things or contract things or things I know to be not true ) and they make me wonder about her memory.
so, I figure I am in the free and clear for a while ( due for a break of not seeing her for a while)
I have had so many trips to the hospital between other things and during the work day this week.
I have time set to go here go there run run run right?
and I have not seen my mil or taken her to lunch for maybe since last sept. when I took her to medford to a baby shower...

so Alice shows up at my office today while I have my mil out to lunch. ( she was sick during christmas and through the beginning of January and did not leave her house) Alice shows up and demands to know where I am, which June who does not know I try to tell Alice as little about my life as possible because ( a she is not to be trusted, and does not need to know because she has hurt me with things I have told her before and I keep her at as big of a distance as possible ) says Oh her and Dianne have gone out to lunch.

lucky me I bring us back while she is still there, she has her nose in a phone book and then starts talking to my husband and ignores me which is fine because, I have to go back to the CPA's with a flash drive of the company books because the stupid dvd does not work. and I have to get him bank routing numbers and such... so I have to go to the bank and since I figure Alice is demanding my husband make more junk for her's she is not there to see me and I leave. I have to be back at the hospital. I dont have time to listen to her today right.

and when I finally get back to work and June says Alice says tell her thanks for the hug and stalks out. so I guess June told her I could use a hug too... but, as usually she is only about her self.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #4387
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

the thing with the lunch thing is I systematically am ( too busy ) to go to lunch with Alice and I never offer to take her to Medford with me because, that is like the one day I have to my self and she is so demanding of attention it makes a long day perfectly miserable.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #4388
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening!!

My Gallery My Blog

The Sweet Stop Design Team
Old 02-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #4389
Stazon Splitcoast

((Hugs)) Stacy!! I'm sorry her DH got hurt and that now she's back in your life again. I know you had finally pretty much gotten away from all that drama before the accident.

My Gallery My Blog

Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #4390
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
home. I am so dang tired.
I could crawl into bed easy peasy.. hubs is not home from work yet, drove to the CA job site again after he shut up the shop at 5 so... last night he didnt make it home till 8. not expecting him before that tonight either.

made a card and two simple tags after work but, its dark so didnt bother to shoot them just came in the house to get the phone because the kid was two hours later ( and that ticked me off that he's fine, home now but. just mad that I was worried. and he is blowing it off) grumble grumble grumble
Oh I'd have been Very upset too!! My almost 20 yr old still calls me and lts me know if/when he's coming home or running late ect.... Now when DS#2 starts driving......he might not be as good about it??!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 02-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #4391
Stazon Splitcoast

Arlene glad to hear the scan report was good!!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #4392
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Arlene Im sorry about the infection and glad to hear the pills are working.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #4393
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Zelda's funeral um nope some kind of thing not a funeral is Sunday. ( I think me and June are not going) I would only go for June.
and she is pretty mad at Zelda's hubs... ( Zelda did not want anything done, and I keep telling her its for the people left behind but. she's hurting and they are doing it at the moose lodge what ever that is, and I guess Zelda hated that place. ( no one talked to her when they went there for dinner)
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #4394
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

and she is always creeping me out with comments she makes about my blog posts. so it makes me want to give up my blog its gotten so bad. I may just start posting to the gallery only for the next little while.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #4395
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

omg I am reading my mail... got an invite to be on a design team ( for some place I have never heard of... looking at there stuff now)

its called canyoudigiit
http://canyoudigiit.com/blog/
Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #4396
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh don't let her make you give up your blog!! I would think she would be BUSY taking care of her DH??!!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #4397
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
part of the problem is... Alice came by work on what maybe tuesday? bearing Valentines day gifts. now, she walks in and says how are you which I happen to be very busy so I say busy. so she says she is busy and stays for an hour complaining about ( the usual ) but, as broke as she is she finds a way to go to medford and buy printed papers and little bumpy bling things ( not pearls forgot the name) like glitter bumps. so, you know. she never has a nice thing to say ever. I know her life is not so great and I try to listen. but, its getting harder and harder she says things that dont make any sense to me ( money things or contract things or things I know to be not true ) and they make me wonder about her memory.
so, I figure I am in the free and clear for a while ( due for a break of not seeing her for a while)
I have had so many trips to the hospital between other things and during the work day this week.
I have time set to go here go there run run run right?
and I have not seen my mil or taken her to lunch for maybe since last sept. when I took her to medford to a baby shower...

so Alice shows up at my office today while I have my mil out to lunch. ( she was sick during christmas and through the beginning of January and did not leave her house) Alice shows up and demands to know where I am, which June who does not know I try to tell Alice as little about my life as possible because ( a she is not to be trusted, and does not need to know because she has hurt me with things I have told her before and I keep her at as big of a distance as possible ) says Oh her and Dianne have gone out to lunch.

lucky me I bring us back while she is still there, she has her nose in a phone book and then starts talking to my husband and ignores me which is fine because, I have to go back to the CPA's with a flash drive of the company books because the stupid dvd does not work. and I have to get him bank routing numbers and such... so I have to go to the bank and since I figure Alice is demanding my husband make more junk for her's she is not there to see me and I leave. I have to be back at the hospital. I dont have time to listen to her today right.

and when I finally get back to work and June says Alice says tell her thanks for the hug and stalks out. so I guess June told her I could use a hug too... but, as usually she is only about her self.

(((Stacy))) I think you are really in a unique position that kinda puts you between a rock and a hard place.
She really does sound like a person who is toxic to you, but you are such a kind person that you don't want to hurt her.
I think you are very wise to not take her with you to Medford & avoid lunches with her. I think you have to be polite & civil, but don't need to go out of your way to be BFFs.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #4398
Stazon Splitcoast

Well thats COOL Stacy!!!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 02-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #4399
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
and she is always creeping me out with comments she makes about my blog posts. so it makes me want to give up my blog its gotten so bad. I may just start posting to the gallery only for the next little while.
I think I would consider making your blog by invitation only before you should think about giving it up.
But really, I think you should not let Alice push you into giving up something you enjoy.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #4400
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

she doesnt take care of him. ( he's in a care home) waiting for their house to get done to be moved into.

tuesday she stated that she had people from Church up talking to him to inform him that if he was not nicer to her he would have to find another place to live

and Im sitting there thinking... um they are making the house work for a Quadrapalegeic for HIM and she would need to find a new place to live but, I did not say this out loud.

shes just found my last nerve