Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #4281
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Between the two stores are different products and different customers. In Victorias Secret customers are not afraid to spend money on a product they "want" or "need" they just buy it. At least that was what it was like 25 years ago when I was working there.

At Mikes, Customers want to use a 40% coupon on a sale item which they can't, then yell at me. They want to use the 40% coupon on a every single item in their purchase, which they can't. Then they yell at me. Then they want to use the 40% coupon on a $1 item and leave rest of the purchase on the counter and say a couple of four letter words at me.

People let me ring up a purchase, then realize they do not have their wallet on them, they left it in the car. tell me to void the purchase. I void it. Then get mad at me when I am helping another customer when they come back in to pay.

A lady threaten to beat me up in the parking lot and send Obama's Security Team after me. I had a Lady claim I pocketed her $50 Bill. She Tried to Get her $50 back, keep the change from the purchase, the merchandise and get me fired.

I have had more people yell at me about out of stock items and items on sale and coupons not working.

Must I go on. You got the idea??

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

Last edited by lesliespringer; 02-12-2013 at 06:39 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #4282
CBC Lady Violet

Given what I deal with in my office, I am not surprised how people behave. I think it would take a lot to surprise me these days.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #4283
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

you'alls need that we reserve the right to refuse service for anyone sign.

they dont pay you enough to put up with that Leslie ((( HUGS )))
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #4284
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

we are very fortunate that 99.99% of our customers ( esp. all of our have a credit account customers) are just plain grateful about the services we provide.

we dont see that sector of customers. ( but, we dont offer coupons either )
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #4285
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Given what I deal with in my office, I am not surprised how people behave. I think it would take a lot to surprise me these days.
Well, let me say I was shocked when that lady threatened to beat me up, I was ready to walk right off the floor. My manager was working the register right next to me. But when she came out with the Obama Security Team thing we both looked at each other tiring not to laugh, we both knew she was off her rocker.

But that scammer for $50 really took me for a loop. Sweetest little lady till the crap hit the fan. Did not even see it coming. Thank goodness we have cameras but it even didn't get that far. She did not even request footage to be pulled. That is how the manager new it was a scammer. You want your money back you will request footage pulled of the transaction. Duh!

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #4286
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post

you'alls need that we reserve the right to refuse service for anyone sign.

they dont pay you enough to put up with that Leslie ((( HUGS )))
I need to put that sign right on my counter.

Today my manager pulled the sign "please wait for the next avail cashier" sign out way out in the middle of the isle in front of my register for me today.

Customers are not listening to the call button for the registers and are just walking up to the registers. I have customers right behind the customer I am ringing up tiring to push them out faster to put their purchase down on the counter before I am done with my current customer. I am so surprised I have not had 2 customers have words with each other yet.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #4287
Stazon Splitcoast

I wish I could have a solitary job filing in a volt some place

Old 02-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #4288
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

didn't your hubs retire? ( do you have to stay there?) it sounds like the land of the nasty to me....

I dont see that kind of behavior ever at our stores. ( but, Im in and out of them)
Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #4289
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

and may I say I think it would never occur to me to ask for footage to be pulled anywhere. I never have a problem at stores ( the craft store clerks are usually the happiest place to go ) and they offer up coupons and such without anyone ever asking and
geeze

maybe you need to move here? ( there are a lot less people and they are much nicer)
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #4290
Stazon Splitcoast

Well at least that is my wish for now. Just a bad 2 weeks. Maybe I might have a turn around maybe not. I just hope I don't get hot headed had do or say something stupid, and walk. Don't want to burn any bridges as to any references, plus I don't want to be banded from shopping at Mikes either.

Ya I have visions of burning bridges that bads

Old 02-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #4291
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
and may I say I think it would never occur to me to ask for footage to be pulled anywhere. I never have a problem at stores ( the craft store clerks are usually the happiest place to go ) and they offer up coupons and such without anyone ever asking and
geeze

maybe you need to move here? ( there are a lot less people and they are much nicer)
I give coupon out left and right. You have an expired coupon oh here let me give you a current coupon.

your coupon is not valid till next week, here is a current coupon. coupon in the car, here let me give you a coupon. no coupon in your paper, here is a coupon, coupon coupon, coupon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #4292
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes hubby retired, and has a job, no I don't need the job, but he want me to have a job to help out some to "pull my weight" to help out. Spending money, kids allowence, school close, fun money, what ever money, you know. It just took 3 month to find this job, it will that like for ever to find another job. Tiring to milk it for as long as I can, with out blow my top.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #4293
Stazon Splitcoast

Maybe Archivers

Old 02-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #4294
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliespringer View Post
Yes hubby retired, and has a job, no I don't need the job, but he want me to have a job to help out some to "pull my weight" to help out. Spending money, kids allowence, school close, fun money, what ever money, you know. It just took 3 month to find this job, it will that like for ever to find another job. Tiring to milk it for as long as I can, with out blow my top.
They say it is much easier to find a job when you already have one. Maybe try job hunting now? (Before the university students get close to finishing school & start looking.) You can always use as your "excuse" for why you are looking to leave your current job & get another one that they have cut your hours and you are not getting enough hours.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #4295
Stazon Splitcoast

I am going to go hit the bed.

I am going to check the other computer for my schedule for next week. the mood I am in I hope it is not more then 15 hours. But I have not had more than 12 hours for a week since the new year.

Hope my mood is better tomorrow, need to finish vday cards for my dd, ds and hubby, it would be nice since I have new toys and all.

Night!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #4296
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
They say it is much easier to find a job when you already have one. Maybe try job hunting now? (Before the university students get close to finishing school & start looking.) You can always use as your "excuse" for why you are looking to leave your current job & get another one that they have cut your hours and you are not getting enough hours.
I think "They" are surprised that I have not left already because of the cut hours. I had more hour last year jan-feb than this jan-feb

Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #4297
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

yay for new toys... g'night Leslie
Old 02-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #4298
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

but Kelly is right, its agood reason to find something better
Old 02-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #4299
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

morning!

Goodness!
sometimes people drive me crazy! And it's not the little people I work with
Our M's has the "wait here until the next available cashier" signs. They have the side by side counters rather than the lines of them you would find at Target/WM/grocery stores
Old 02-13-2013, 02:41 AM   #4300
CBC Lady Violet

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
Old 02-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #4301
CBC Lady Violet

And I am off. Have to be at work extra early this am.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #4302
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

g'morning
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #4303
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #4304
Stazon Splitcoast

DS2's birthday is in March and he ants a Super Mario Brother's cake. I just called another local bakery and they don't have a Super Mario Brothers cake either. I looked online and all of the cakes I see are and nothing I can reproduce. Apparently I need to take a cake decorating class or something.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #4305
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
DS2's birthday is in March and he ants a Super Mario Brother's cake. I just called another local bakery and they don't have a Super Mario Brothers cake either. I looked online and all of the cakes I see are and nothing I can reproduce. Apparently I need to take a cake decorating class or something.
How about following these directions but with Mario - Moey's Heart & Hearth: Super Fancy Cake Decorating Tutorial for Broke Monkeys
Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #4306
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
I bet you can. Look here: Childrens Cakes | cakedaze.net
Scroll down to the second row. You just need to do the mushroom guy.
Bake two round cakes. Stack for a layer cake & ice in white. Bake another cake in a bowl. Turn over onto the layer cake. Ice in red. You can pipe white icing circles on; use round white candies; or buy some ready made fondant, roll it out & cut out circles. Then use some little plastic toys/figurines for the top. And if you really want to fancy it up, use a plate or round cake board & cover in some green paper or green icing or fondant & put the cake on that. Instead of all the figures/characters around the place, that is where you put Happy # Birthday Name.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #4307
CBC Lady Violet

Or you could try this one with directions (even just the cupcakes would be cute): Mario Brothers Birthday Cake
Old 02-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #4308
CBC Lady Violet

LOL! Anybody want to give their husbands roses for Valentines? Bacon Roses @ Not Quite Nigella
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #4309
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I bet you can. Look here: Childrens Cakes | cakedaze.net
Scroll down to the second row. You just need to do the mushroom guy.
Bake two round cakes. Stack for a layer cake & ice in white. Bake another cake in a bowl. Turn over onto the layer cake. Ice in red. You can pipe white icing circles on; use round white candies; or buy some ready made fondant, roll it out & cut out circles. Then use some little plastic toys/figurines for the top. And if you really want to fancy it up, use a plate or round cake board & cover in some green paper or green icing or fondant & put the cake on that. Instead of all the figures/characters around the place, that is where you put Happy # Birthday Name.
I think that you may be overestimating my skill level a little bit.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #4310
Stazon Splitcoast

Everyone just left for church so now it's nice and quiet here. I am getting over pinkeye (even though NO ONE that I know or their kids have it) so I stayed home so as not to spread the "goodness".
Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #4311
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to have to try one of these:

http://stampinpretty.typepad.com/.a/...70a50f6970d-pi
Honeycomb EB Folder Birthday by nancy littrell - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Honeycomb & Print Poetry DSP Stack by nancy littrell - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I was even able to get the small hexagon CM punch off of CL for pretty cheap. I had the larger sized one, but not the small one. I really should work on DS2's birthday thank you cards first though.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #4312
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
I think that you may be overestimating my skill level a little bit.
I really think that you could.
But how about this instead? Ice the cake in white. Buy a box of sugar cubes. Mist them red so they look like bricks. (or find some kind of candy that looks like bricks - maybe those candy legos?) Use them on the cake like bricks and then put on some coins (you know, the gold foil chocolate covered ones?) and then put on plastic Luigi & Mario figurines.

Last edited by Anemone; 02-13-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #4313
CBC Lady Violet

I'm going to have to check out the tv guide & see what is on tonight. I'm so not used to being home on Wed. nights and have no idea what is on.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #4314
CBC Lady Violet

Went channel surfing - found an old 80s game show on one channel. Lady contestant on there has a mullet. They look bad enough on men, but on a lady? Ai yi yi!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #4315
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

evening
Old 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #4316
CBC Lady Violet

It's been so quiet around here lately - sometimes I think I must be in the wrong thread!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #4317
Stazon Splitcoast

I like these embossed frames:

Just Judy Designs : Freshly Made #24
FMS24: Yellow Flowers by kyann22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 02-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #4318
CBC Lady Violet

Don't know about the second one, but the first one is SU! dies, and the oval frame in the middle is a SU folder I think.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #4319
CBC Lady Violet

I have discovered that I am not really missing anything all that wonderful on tv on Wed. nights.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #4320
CBC Lady Violet

I REALLY need to find a new siggy. I am not only tired of the one I have, I am getting annoyed by it! LOL