Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #4521
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
this post is coming from a kindle at hotel
Yeah a Kindle!!

Sent you a pm with links to my 3 fav finds/series so far! I'll send more after i hear back from ya and see if we have the same tastes ect!! I've hooked Suzanne in!

My Gallery My Blog

The Sweet Stop Design Team
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #4522
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Me too C! Love being able to borrow from friends and the library. Just wish the library could get all the books available. For example:

My library has books 3,4, and 5 in a series but are not able to get 1,2, and 6 in the same series because it isn't available through Overdrive. Seriously?!? Why would all books in a series not be available for libraries to purchase?
Yeah i may end up buying that book one......waiting to see if it goes on sale for a bit first though. Not like i "NEED" it right now?!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 05-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #4523
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok looks like i missed everyone.....going to read but will leave my laptop on and try to check back now and then!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 05-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #4524
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Me too C! Love being able to borrow from friends and the library. Just wish the library could get all the books available. For example:

My library has books 3,4, and 5 in a series but are not able to get 1,2, and 6 in the same series because it isn't available through Overdrive. Seriously?!? Why would all books in a series not be available for libraries to purchase?
Now that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #4525
CBC Lady Violet

<--------------

As one may have guessed, I am NOT amused. I really, really needed to go to Ms, and I needed to go pot shopping. I have not managed to do either one over the past week. Last week, I saw a great set of Lagostina non-stick cookware regular 399.99 on sale for 134.99. Since I didn't get there last week, I figured I had missed out. But when I went online this weekend to send a link to my mother, I was ecstatic to discover that they were marked to 119.99! YAY! I thought. So although it was an awkward bus trip, I went to Ms for the floss I needed, then waited a half hour for the bus to the farther mall where the shop is. So I get there, browse the shop a bit (I am really coveting la creuset) and then find the pot set I was looking for. I take it to the cash and it rings up at regular price. So I said, no it is supposed to be on sale (thank goodness for smart phones) and pull it up on my phone. Salesperson looks at it, fellow salesperson looks at it, they go check shelves and then say "Sorry, there is no sale sign on the shelves, so it isn't on sale." I argued it, saying, but your website says it is on sale, so how can it be regular price? "Oh well, maybe it was on sale on the weekend, but if there isn't a sale sign, it isn't on sale. You can come back tomorrow and x brand is on sale." Me: "No. I made a special trip here for that set because it was on sale, I don't want brand x and this is the only time this week I was free. I am not coming back tomorrow." And I walked out. So instead I went to the beauty store and bought 2 nailpolishes (Chicago Champagne Toast & I Juggle Men LOL), 4 mini polishes (the 007 bond liquid sand matte glitter collection! We'll see what that looks like!), another can of my hair mousse 'cause I'm on my last one and will go through lots of it over the summer, and a quite expensive shampoo & conditioner with tea tree oil which will hopefully help my poor scalp which is dry & flaky & producing zits at the same time Salesgirl tried talking me into the 1L size which were $46 apiece! I decided to stick with the much smaller $18 size to try! If it ends up being the seventh wonder of hair care, I'll spring for the large one.
Needless to say, I will NOT be shopping at a certain store for my pots!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #4526
CBC Lady Violet

And now I am going to go cook the 'sketti noodles, as I missed lunch and haven't had dinner yet. My square of oatmeal and half an orange at 6:45 this morning was a long time ago!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #4527
Stazon Splitcoast

Has anyone Seen Lee later? I have question for her. Dose she hung out here anymore? thanks hotwheels
Old 05-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #4528
CBC Lady Violet

Lee only pops in very rarely Hotwheels. We haven't seen her here in quite some time.
You are probably best to send her a PM
Old 05-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #4529
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Lee only pops in very rarely Hotwheels. We haven't seen her here in quite some time.
You are probably best to send her a PM
thanks has challenge on the gink website so I was just ask her question about I send a message on that thread but thought if she was her. Do you happened to gink stamps you can stamp me?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #4530
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
thanks has challenge on the gink website so I was just ask her question about I send a message on that thread but thought if she was her. Do you happened to gink stamps you can stamp me?
Sorry Hottie, I don't have gina K stamps.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #4531
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sorry Hottie, I don't have gina K stamps.
that okay just thought you. where is everyone?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #4532
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
that okay just thought you. where is everyone?
I don't know. I only got home a half hour ago and you're the first person to po in the thread since I got home.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #4533
CBC Lady Violet

Ugh. Gross. Someone in another apartment on my side of the building is out on their balcony vomiting over the side. DISGUSTING!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #4534
Stazon Splitcoast

wow they must busy lol I need go get something do too.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #4535
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
Yeah a Kindle!!

Sent you a pm with links to my 3 fav finds/series so far! I'll send more after i hear back from ya and see if we have the same tastes ect!! I've hooked Suzanne in!
Oh yeah she has!

Hubby told me I need a 12 step program...LOL
Old 05-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #4536
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
<--------------

As one may have guessed, I am NOT amused. I really, really needed to go to Ms, and I needed to go pot shopping. I have not managed to do either one over the past week. Last week, I saw a great set of Lagostina non-stick cookware regular 399.99 on sale for 134.99. Since I didn't get there last week, I figured I had missed out. But when I went online this weekend to send a link to my mother, I was ecstatic to discover that they were marked to 119.99! YAY! I thought. So although it was an awkward bus trip, I went to Ms for the floss I needed, then waited a half hour for the bus to the farther mall where the shop is. So I get there, browse the shop a bit (I am really coveting la creuset) and then find the pot set I was looking for. I take it to the cash and it rings up at regular price. So I said, no it is supposed to be on sale (thank goodness for smart phones) and pull it up on my phone. Salesperson looks at it, fellow salesperson looks at it, they go check shelves and then say "Sorry, there is no sale sign on the shelves, so it isn't on sale." I argued it, saying, but your website says it is on sale, so how can it be regular price? "Oh well, maybe it was on sale on the weekend, but if there isn't a sale sign, it isn't on sale. You can come back tomorrow and x brand is on sale." Me: "No. I made a special trip here for that set because it was on sale, I don't want brand x and this is the only time this week I was free. I am not coming back tomorrow." And I walked out. So instead I went to the beauty store and bought 2 nailpolishes (Chicago Champagne Toast & I Juggle Men LOL), 4 mini polishes (the 007 bond liquid sand matte glitter collection! We'll see what that looks like!), another can of my hair mousse 'cause I'm on my last one and will go through lots of it over the summer, and a quite expensive shampoo & conditioner with tea tree oil which will hopefully help my poor scalp which is dry & flaky & producing zits at the same time Salesgirl tried talking me into the 1L size which were $46 apiece! I decided to stick with the much smaller $18 size to try! If it ends up being the seventh wonder of hair care, I'll spring for the large one.
Needless to say, I will NOT be shopping at a certain store for my pots!
I hate when that happen. Stores no longer understand customer service.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #4537
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
I hate when that happen. Stores no longer understand customer service.
Well, I have decided that I don't have to put up with bad service, so if I get it, I walk out now. And I have no compunction sending a letter to corporate about it either. Too many stores out there to patronize ones that don't care.
Of course, you need to send letters to corporate when you get the good service too.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #4538
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Oh yeah she has!

My ereader has played havoc with my book budget. Now I'm spending on books AND ebooks. Ai yi yi.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #4539
Chat Box Chick Enabler

I'm here to be whiny. I'm sick.
Allergy mess knocked me on my tail last night. And now I have a low grade fever.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #4540
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh yeah she has!

Come on May 20th!!

My Gallery My Blog

Suzanne likes this post.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #4541
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you feel better Jen! DS#2 is a little under the weather too but still going to school ect....imagine it's probably pollen/allergies

My Gallery My Blog

Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #4542
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

what's May 20?

and boo- so thankful I didn't have the fever last week
Old 05-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #4543
CBC Lady Violet

I wish OPI would sell minis for more of their colours. I've never bought a mini collection before, but they are so cute! I actually really like the size - a great way to try a colour, but not have to worry about wasting a larger bottle. I would SO have more colours if they offered more minis. I would buy the nieces good nail polish too if I could buy them minis. But I wouldn't buy them a collection of minis as they are usually a range of colours - as I tend to give my nieces more quite pale pinks or purples (if they visit me & I do their nails, the dark colours mysteriously disappear before they get a selection of colours to choose from!) - they are too young for strong colours IMO.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #4544
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #4545
Stazon Splitcoast

We've been using the mini OPI polish that Santa brought us (from QVC). Perfect size, especially for the glitter colors that won't be using as often.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #4546
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry about the pots, Kelly. Stinks when they can't even match their own sales. I've run into that quite often.

Sorry you don't feel well, Jen. Hope it's just allergies and passes quickly.

Yay for the Kindle. Where are you Stacy?

You girls and your reading. I'm getting there...still plugging along on C's books. Reading it here and there when I'm waiting for the kids. I know I'd stay up too late reading at home.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #4547
CBC Lady Violet

So frustrating to spend all day at work fighting the computer, and then come home & have to do the same at home. Ugh.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #4548
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
We've been using the mini OPI polish that Santa brought us (from QVC). Perfect size, especially for the glitter colors that won't be using as often.
Now see, glitter colours get LOTS of use in this house. There is no other kind of polish in this house................ (well, glitter or metallicized)
I've never actually bought any of the Sephora collection OPI does. I've always just bought the regular OPI. I am amazed at all the colours they come up with though - and the colour names!
I have to say that if the minis were available in a lot of the regular colours, I'd be more likely to try an off-beat colour like a blue or a green or something if I could buy a mini. I generally stick to pinks/purples/reds/pale neutrals. I would NEVER get through a whole bottle of turquoise or something. But I would buy a mini to be able to wear a couple times for the fun of it.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #4549
Stazon Splitcoast

I wear lots of metallics. The girls have to limit what they wear until after their dance recital, then it's no holds. Dd1 likes the off the wall colors, but that's what her friends are into (and some are because these girls have the older sisters ).
Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #4550
Stazon Splitcoast

FTR, I was not too happy to find the price of gas had gone up 22 cents since I left work this afternoon. This is a 5% increase! My adjustable rate house payment doesn't even increase that much each year. Didn't have chance to fill up until after dance class tonight.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #4551
CBC Lady Violet

That is a ridiculous price jump in such a short time.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #4552
Stazon Splitcoast

It should at least be limited to a 5 cent increase within a 12-24 hr period. Crazy.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #4553
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow. Whatever bit me really did a number on me. If I don't feel better tomorrow, I might consider the doctor.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #4554
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

morning-

Kelly- what color is the I juggle men (because that just sounds fun)
Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #4555
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamijo View Post
morning-

Kelly- what color is the I juggle men (because that just sounds fun)
Clear with glitter. And I admit that I bought it as much for the name as anything else.
ETA: think SU Dazzling Diamonds embossing powder

Last edited by Anemone; 05-07-2013 at 03:33 AM..
Old 05-07-2013, 05:51 AM   #4556
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamijo View Post
what's May 20?

and boo- so thankful I didn't have the fever last week
Book 4 of a series Janice and I have been reading comes out.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #4557
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Sorry about the pots, Kelly. Stinks when they can't even match their own sales. I've run into that quite often.

Sorry you don't feel well, Jen. Hope it's just allergies and passes quickly.

Yay for the Kindle. Where are you Stacy?

You girls and your reading. I'm getting there...still plugging along on C's books. Reading it here and there when I'm waiting for the kids. I know I'd stay up too late reading at home.
This is the problem here. I'm up until 2am way too many nights reading because Janice and I keep finding way too many good ones to read.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #4558
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Now see, glitter colours get LOTS of use in this house. There is no other kind of polish in this house................ (well, glitter or metallicized)
I've never actually bought any of the Sephora collection OPI does. I've always just bought the regular OPI. I am amazed at all the colours they come up with though - and the colour names!
I have to say that if the minis were available in a lot of the regular colours, I'd be more likely to try an off-beat colour like a blue or a green or something if I could buy a mini. I generally stick to pinks/purples/reds/pale neutrals. I would NEVER get through a whole bottle of turquoise or something. But I would buy a mini to be able to wear a couple times for the fun of it.
I love the turquoises! I have this one and love it - Suzi Says Feng Shui

I want this one - Austin-tatious and this one - Fly

This is a fabulous green - Jade is the New Black
Old 05-07-2013, 06:12 AM   #4559
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Oh yeah she has!

is that a takes one to know one post?!?! snort

I have questions but, I dont know which ones to ask first... thinking how do I know if the battery is charging. what does it look like full? and what does it look like dead? I think that even though I had it plugged into a truck usb for 4 hours yesterday that it did not charge it.

I have figured out how to turn it on, but I dont know how to turn it off ( would that save the battery?)
Im going to try to take it to work today and tinker with it.

put the books Janice sent last night in it but, have not looked at them.
( I did it through the laptop inside amazon so, dunno.) got my info for paying for things in there updated they had 3 very old cc in there haven't bought much from them. ( so thinking the 75 for prime may be better spent on books for now)

2014 100 by 100 {227}
Old 05-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #4560
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMarie View Post
I'm here to be whiny. I'm sick.
Allergy mess knocked me on my tail last night. And now I have a low grade fever.
(((( Jen )))) Poor Muffin...

any better this morning?

2014 100 by 100 {227}