In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree87Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #4161
Watercolor Wizard
 
mountainmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trying to have a meeting...
Posts: 8,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Yeah I know. All I could think when reading it is that there are some people that should not be seen naked
LOTS of people should not be seen naked. Private parts are private for a reason
__________________
Imogene

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
mountainmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
tamijo likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #4162
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

Someone tell me not to give Tavish Stuart glasses. I need to keep him from becoming cliche.
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #4163
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
This is also the most unobservant man in America. I know men are supposed to be "visual" but honestly, Kevin didn't get that memo.

I can cut my hair off, dye it purple, pink, or green, and pierce my nose and he wouldn't notice--truly.

I joke that this is why we have kids. They tell him and then he knows what's up in life.
LOL!
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #4164
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
LOTS of people should not be seen naked. Private parts are private for a reason
So true. But apparently there are a LOT of people who missed that memo! The people of wally world site is just full of prime examples.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #4165
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 31,835
Default

Evening!
misse336 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #4166
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Hi Misse!
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #4167
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

I cannot see how to avoid giving book 4 of Aggie spoilers in episode 26. I don't think it can be done. I'm going to have to give a disclaimer pointing out major spoiler alerts. EEEK.
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #4168
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

Hey, Misse!
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #4169
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 31,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
For all my gardening friends - http://wngd.org/
I'm now thankful I don't garden and that I have a baby shower to go to on Saturday so I'm unavailable!

In addition to some people should not be seen without clothing, there are also some activities that should not be done without clothing - I think gardening is one of them. Imagine the bug bites, poison ivy and scratches you could accumulate without clothing. No thanks.
misse336 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #4170
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 31,835
Default

Cheap ebook Anne of Green Gables series:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...mmysavers0c-20
misse336 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #4171
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
I'm now thankful I don't garden and that I have a baby shower to go to on Saturday so I'm unavailable!

In addition to some people should not be seen without clothing, there are also some activities that should not be done without clothing - I think gardening is one of them. Imagine the bug bites, poison ivy and scratches you could accumulate without clothing. No thanks.
I hadn't even thought of that! Good point!
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #4172
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

And I have to give Aggie's baby a name and a gender (big spoiler 1). Up until now, people just knew she had one but I don't think I ever said what "type" baby.
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #4173
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
Cheap ebook Anne of Green Gables series:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...mmysavers0c-20
Except it is very misleading - they make it sound like it is all the Anne books. It isn't. That package has only 6 of the 8 Anne books.
Book 4 - Anne of Windy Poplars and Book 6 - Anne of Ingleside are missing.
Chronicles of Avonlea, Further Chronicles of Avonlea, The Story Girl and The Golden Road (the last two were the basis for the tv series Road to Avonlea, but the series was influenced by all four) are all Avonlea related.
Kilmeny of the Orchard is a stand-alone.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #4174
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
And I have to give Aggie's baby a name and a gender (big spoiler 1). Up until now, people just knew she had one but I don't think I ever said what "type" baby.
One of these days, you oughta have a character naming contest on your blog or something.
I would love to win something like that - would be so much fun.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #4175
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 31,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
And I have to give Aggie's baby a name and a gender (big spoiler 1). Up until now, people just knew she had one but I don't think I ever said what "type" baby.
I vote for George for a boy or Georgina for a girl.
misse336 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #4176
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 31,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Except it is very misleading - they make it sound like it is all the Anne books. It isn't. That package has only 6 of the 8 Anne books.
Book 4 - Anne of Windy Poplars and Book 6 - Anne of Ingleside are missing.
Chronicles of Avonlea, Further Chronicles of Avonlea, The Story Girl and The Golden Road (the last two were the basis for the tv series Road to Avonlea, but the series was influenced by all four) are all Avonlea related.
Kilmeny of the Orchard is a stand-alone.
Sorry, I didn't look too closely at it because I was never really an Anne of Green Gables enthusiast, although I did read one or two of the books when I was younger and I think I may have seen the first movie.
misse336 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #4177
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
I vote for George for a boy or Georgina for a girl.
George and Georgina instantly make me think Jane Austen.
George Knightley of Emma, and then Mr. Darcy's sister Georgiana in Pride & Prejudice.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #4178
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
Sorry, I didn't look too closely at it because I was never really an Anne of Green Gables enthusiast, although I did read one or two of the books when I was younger and I think I may have seen the first movie.
Nothing for you to be sorry for Misse. I was commenting on the publisher's misleading of the public. This is not the first "anne bundle" I've come across that was incomplete, and I cannot figure out why. While your average reader may not necessarily know, it isn't as if a publishing company doesn't have the resources to do the proper research! Five minutes on google or goodreads or whatever would do it. I can't figure out what is their reasoning for publishing bundles with missing books. To me it makes absolutely no sense.
As far as acquiring all those books on kindle, that is an excellent deal.
I notice it because I happen to be an L.M. Montgomery fan. I have almost all her works, though I know of one I am missing for sure. I have them all in the same cover style too. I need to start haunting the secondhand bookstores again to see if I can get my hands on the one I am missing.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat

Last edited by Anemone; 05-02-2013 at 06:10 PM..
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #4179
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

Excellent idea, Kelly! I think I might do that with another book. Woot! (Already promised my board ladies they could name/gender it.)
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #4180
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 31,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
George and Georgina instantly make me think Jane Austen.
George Knightley of Emma, and then Mr. Darcy's sister Georgiana in Pride & Prejudice.
I've never read Pride and Prejudice. I just call all unnamed babies George or Georgina until they are born/named. It started when my sister had her ds2 because she didn't name him until he was a day or two old because she and her dh couldn't agree on a name.
misse336 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #4181
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

The Blue Castle is one of my favorites.
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #4182
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

I wish there was far more detail in this article - like a list of the brands they tested, a table of results etc. http://lifewise.canoe.ca/Beauty/2013.../20787771.html
Not that the brand I buy is likely to be on the list anyway, given is it a regional Canadian brand. And I don't wear lipstick all that often, though I do generally wear gloss on a daily basis.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #4183
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
The Blue Castle is one of my favorites.
I LOVE Anne and have to confess that the last 10-20% of Anne of the Island in the lead up & then the love scene with her & Gil is one of my favourites. Though I like Rilla of Ingleside as well and the last line of the book never fails to make me laugh.
Pat of Silver Bush is probably one of my favourites. Although I've read it, it's companion volume Mistress Pat is the one volume I know I am missing.
I think I have all the short story collections and I like those too, though there are a few that I wish she had turned into full-length books.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #4184
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
I've never read Pride and Prejudice. I just call all unnamed babies George or Georgina until they are born/named. It started when my sister had her ds2 because she didn't name him until he was a day or two old because she and her dh couldn't agree on a name.
Oh dear me! I couldn't live without Pride & Prejudice! I've read it at least once a year since I was 13 or so (at least, I think that was how old I was when I first read it. Might have been 12.). I read Jane Eyre not long after that I think - maybe at 14 or so? I know I'd read all the Bronte sisters and all of Austen by the time I was 16 or so.

As to the George/Georgina thing, well, this is a disadvantage of being a book person I've always found! So many names remind me of book characters!
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #4185
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl
 
tamijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: living a new adventure with PreK!
Posts: 64,607
Send a message via AIM to tamijo
Default

night
__________________
Tami My Work and My Blog
tamijo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #4186
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
The Blue Castle is one of my favorites.
I've always wondered how The Blue Castle was actually received in its time. I think an argument could be made for it having been rather radical for that era.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #4187
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! Eau de skunk!
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #4188
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Night Tami!
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #4189
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

My favorite Rilla scene is the one where Anne is bravely sending off Jem to war, and that nasty woman who wouldn't let her boy go makes a comment about how easy it seems to be or whatever and Anne says, "At least I didn't have to urge him to go.
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #4190
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

I liked Jane of Lantern Hill and Magic for Marigold also and always wished that she would have written companion volumes for them as well.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #4191
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

Night Tami!

You know, the first time I read Rilla, I hated it. I think the "visions" of the young woman (name escapes me right now) overshadowed everything because all I could remember is what a brat Rilla was.

I reread it for that scene with Anne at the station and LOVED it. The transformation of Rilla is just beautiful.
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #4192
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 62,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Nothing for you to be sorry for Misse. I was commenting on the publisher's misleading of the public. This is not the first "anne bundle" I've come across that was incomplete, and I cannot figure out why. While your average reader may not necessarily know, it isn't as if a publishing company doesn't have the resources to do the proper research! Five minutes on google or goodreads or whatever would do it. I can't figure out what is their reasoning for publishing bundles with missing books. To me it makes absolutely no sense.
As far as acquiring all those books on kindle, that is an excellent deal.
I notice it because I happen to be an L.M. Montgomery fan. I have almost all her works, though I know of one I am missing for sure. I have them all in the same cover style too. I need to start haunting the secondhand bookstores again to see if I can get my hands on the one I am missing.

snark alert... but, first thought is as an avid reader if you discover you are missing a book in the middle of a series what do you do?
duh smacks forehead...
go buy the missing book.

ETA so, Im absolutely positive its money marketing strategy.
__________________
~Stacy
My Blog

2014 100 by 100 {223}
JBgreendawn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #4193
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
My favorite Rilla scene is the one where Anne is bravely sending off Jem to war, and that nasty woman who wouldn't let her boy go makes a comment about how easy it seems to be or whatever and Anne says, "At least I didn't have to urge him to go.
That scene always makes me giggle. I think that book is also an interesting study on the homefront during WWI. From the other stuff I have read, I think much of "daily life affect" it has on the book characters is probably rather true to life for your average family.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #4194
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

That is exactly why they do it. There is a reason that I went with Ashley as a publicist. She knows all the good marketing tricks and whatnot, but she won't use unethical ones like that. She's not above making the second book in a series go free, but she'd never make a compilation and then make someone have to purchase something else to read them all.

Too many marketers/publishing houses are not so ethical.
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #4195
Chat Box Chick Enabler
 
JenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Back in the South Baby!! Marietta, GA
Posts: 81,670
Default

Cute for a grad party or little gift: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
__________________
Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Heb 11:1
Taylor~Made by JenMarie
JenMarie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #4196
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
snark alert... but, first thought is as an avid reader if you discover you are missing a book in the middle of a series what do you do?
duh smacks forehead...
go buy the missing book.

ETA so, Im absolutely positive its money marketing strategy.
I would believe that - IF the same publishing houses had those missing books available. I didn't check the one Misse listed tonight, but I know the others I've seen the company did NOT have them available separately. Hence my
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #4197
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 31,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Oh dear me! I couldn't live without Pride & Prejudice! I've read it at least once a year since I was 13 or so (at least, I think that was how old I was when I first read it. Might have been 12.). I read Jane Eyre not long after that I think - maybe at 14 or so? I know I'd read all the Bronte sisters and all of Austen by the time I was 16 or so.

As to the George/Georgina thing, well, this is a disadvantage of being a book person I've always found! So many names remind me of book characters!
I'm not a big fan of that time period her books are set in so I've never read any of them.
misse336 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #4198
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
Night Tami!

You know, the first time I read Rilla, I hated it. I think the "visions" of the young woman (name escapes me right now) overshadowed everything because all I could remember is what a brat Rilla was.

I reread it for that scene with Anne at the station and LOVED it. The transformation of Rilla is just beautiful.
I think she starts out as quite a brat - but then, so are a lot of teenagers at that age. I think it could be used as an example of a teenager growing up and/or how the war made young people grow up. Either/or, both/and - take your pick.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #4199
CBC Lady Violet
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hitting the books......
Posts: 51,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
I'm not a big fan of that time period her books are set in so I've never read any of them.
Whereas I have a ridiculous fascination with the Regency period when it comes to fiction (I'm the only person I know who reads Georgette Heyer - I've yet to meet anyone IRL who reads them), and WWI & WWII when it comes to non-fiction.
Yes, I am bizarre.
__________________
"You may not have lost all your marbles, but there's definitely a hole in the bag." Grumpy Cat
Anemone is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #4200
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Chautona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California's Mojave Desert
Posts: 17,690
Default

Tucking that away for Jenna's!
__________________
Chautona
Eclectivity
just the write escape...
Chautona is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off