Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #2761
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
Thanks. I guess you can emboss it on the patterned paper that you want to put in the holes and then cut it out, but that sounds like too much work for me to do that often.
Misse, when I looked through the catty, I noticed that one of the dp packs has a sheet that looks like a quilt pattern of those hexagons - all different colours/patterns on the same sheet. I'm thinking they just cut apart a sheet of the dp.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #2762
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
I got my new glasses today! So nice to be able to see again.
YAY what did they do different do you know?

I know one of my new things ( not tested yet ) is some kind of coating that does something to headlights of cars at night so its better to drive at night with the glare is reduced.

( I think blue headlights should be outlawed)

but, the good news about my new ones is... the landscape is crisper. so the skyline when Im driving looks much sharper. ( its the detail things that are driving me batty at the moment)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #2763
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to cwilvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
My son's friend is having a rough time... and its eating at my son... and I dont get some people you know. ( the friends parents are letting their son get away with not going to school this week... ) ( his gf dumped him last thursday so he has not been to school since and Christmas vacation starts friday night...)

I don't get this. and my son says... his parents do not have a choice... and I looked at him and said... if you ever break up with yours... You WILL be going to school... don't get me wrong here, I have sympathy for ( his friend ) but... this wallowing thing would not fly in my house kwim?

so I have all these emails today of people thinking something is wrong with J but, its mostly the being 16 drama drama thing... and that gets old explaining every time he is dramatic on fb...

I DESPISE fb and wish I had never agreed to let him have one or made mine.

Teenage angst!! And I'm total with you. No WAY a break-up would result in kid not going to school!!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #2764
CBC Lady Violet

yahoo has totally changed the look of my email without my permission. I do not like the new look.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #2765
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
so... since you have dds... don't let the older kids teach them about fb.

( that is my public service announcement for the month)
I am AMAZED at how many of DDs friends have FB accounts! And she is only 10! She hasn't ever asked for one, but she knows how I feel about it because I've told her that FB rules say 13 and I wouldn't let them lie to get an account.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #2766
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My son's friend is having a rough time... and its eating at my son... and I dont get some people you know. ( the friends parents are letting their son get away with not going to school this week... ) ( his gf dumped him last thursday so he has not been to school since and Christmas vacation starts friday night...)

I don't get this. and my son says... his parents do not have a choice... and I looked at him and said... if you ever break up with yours... You WILL be going to school... don't get me wrong here, I have sympathy for ( his friend ) but... this wallowing thing would not fly in my house kwim?

so I have all these emails today of people thinking something is wrong with J but, its mostly the being 16 drama drama thing... and that gets old explaining every time he is dramatic on fb...

6 days off for a high school girl friend dumping you? Nope, wouldn't fly here either.

<------Is thankful that her oldest kid has 8 years till he turns 16.

Off topic - but you guys have a really long time off for Christmas. My kids go 2 more days this week and then 5 days the following week.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #2767
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilvie View Post
Okay, good! I was thinking they went back to one big one per year starting in June or July, so I've been making a wish list for hubby to shop from for my birthday.
I forget exactly when SAB is (and I didn't get that catalog today), but maybe he can order then and get some free stuff for you.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #2768
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I have people sending me messages about stuff J post on his FB and he is 19...LOL. I told me sister the other day that I just ignore half of what he post so when she send me a message about one of his post I actually had to go find it to even reply to her.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #2769
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

we get out friday afternoon and go back the day after New years... but, we are off for the summer and school starts the day after labor day and goes till ( some time in June each year, it changes depending on snow days of which we have had none yet)
there is a one week "spring break" in March ish every year too.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #2770
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I forget exactly when SAB is (and I didn't get that catalog today), but maybe he can order then and get some free stuff for you.
Yep, that's the plan. I think SAB is Jan through March and my bday is right in the middle.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #2771
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I am AMAZED at how many of DDs friends have FB accounts! And she is only 10! She hasn't ever asked for one, but she knows how I feel about it because I've told her that FB rules say 13 and I wouldn't let them lie to get an account.
This always drives me crazy. M has asked about having one and we told him when he was older.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #2772
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
YAY what did they do different do you know?

I know one of my new things ( not tested yet ) is some kind of coating that does something to headlights of cars at night so its better to drive at night with the glare is reduced.

( I think blue headlights should be outlawed)

but, the good news about my new ones is... the landscape is crisper. so the skyline when Im driving looks much sharper. ( its the detail things that are driving me batty at the moment)
Something to help with glare for me, also. Made a huge difference driving home tonight. Something to help with my depth perception.

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #2773
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

yes that is exactly what happens to me... I turn on fb usually because, one of you links to a photo or someone emails me about J and I turn it on on my birthday because people post for that but for the most part it never occurs to me to look at it. ( mines full of ad's mostly I need to unfriend all the companies I think... I dont get coupons or anything out of being friends with them I just have a page full of junk...) and its usually the same stuff I tossed from my email box.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #2774
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
I have people sending me messages about stuff J post on his FB and he is 19...LOL. I told me sister the other day that I just ignore half of what he post so when she send me a message about one of his post I actually had to go find it to even reply to her.
I have seen several things on my nephews pages (21 and 17) that make me shake my head, but I figure theyvare grown enough to take responsibility for it on their own so I'd never say anything to my sister about it...unless they seemed suicidal or homicidal.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #2775
Stazon Splitcoast

My sister and my aunt are the two that usually message me about his stuff. Not sure what they expect me to do about it since he is 19.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #2776
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I think that is the problem you know? the drama of being 16 (and 15 and 14) is everyone wants to be helpful...
but, when they come from my step mom its more like make your child mind type emails ( he posts lots of wants to be a Marine stuff on his)
Its who he is... it gets to her... so she is just as drama drama as a teenybopper...

today had one from my real mom ( which shocked me, she hardly ever writes real emails that are not a forward of a joke or a junk mail...) so for her to write a whole sentence was scary... so had to waste time to go read his page...
Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #2777
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
My sister and my aunt are the two that usually message me about his stuff. Not sure what they expect me to do about it since he is 19.
Do you tell them to message him directly?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #2778
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
we get out friday afternoon and go back the day after New years... but, we are off for the summer and school starts the day after labor day and goes till ( some time in June each year, it changes depending on snow days of which we have had none yet)
there is a one week "spring break" in March ish every year too.
I'm betting retail businesses are really happy about kids being off the week before Christmas so they can have them work during the busy season.

We end sometime in June too (usually in the single digits unless there are a lot of snow days to make up) and start the week before Labor Day. No spring break here, although we do get 2 days for Easter, unless we loose one for a snow make up day.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #2779
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

read the first post... esp. the last sentence of the first post...

It's art
Old 12-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #2780
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think that is the problem you know? the drama of being 16 (and 15 and 14) is everyone wants to be helpful...
but, when they come from my step mom its more like make your child mind type emails ( he posts lots of wants to be a Marine stuff on his)
Its who he is... it gets to her... so she is just as drama drama as a teenybopper...

today had one from my real mom ( which shocked me, she hardly ever writes real emails that are not a forward of a joke or a junk mail...) so for her to write a whole sentence was scary... so had to waste time to go read his page...
My sister and I were just saying today that since getting in FB we've noticed a lot of adults behaving like adolescents. Sad.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #2781
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

my step mom un-friended my son because he posts so much marine stuff and according to her its breaking her heart...
Old 12-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #2782
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
my step mom un-friended my son because he posts so much marine stuff and according to her its breaking her heart...
Because he wants to serve his country? Is she nuts?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #2783
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Do you tell them to message him directly?
Depends on what he posts. The other day I just commented on his post that just because the thought pops in his head doesn't mean it has to be posted or said.

I usually just tell him his is a semi-adult and I can't control what he posts on FB. If it bothers them then they don't have to read it
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #2784
Watercolor Wizard

Last edited by mountainmom; 12-13-2012 at 03:01 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #2785
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Why because he wants to do something that most of use consider important and noble?!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #2786
Watercolor Wizard

Some people just don't get that we are lucky enough to have young people who are born with this desire to do something for their country. It is tough when you are the parent, but we should all be very thankful for them!

Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #2787
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
While I can understand some of the heartbreak and worry over it, it is admirable that at 16 he is planning for his future. Unfriending him seems rather selfish and certainly shows a lack of support.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #2788
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
It is kinda fun stalking my employees on Facebook. They friend me. Then they post something about doing Zumba or skateboarding for the first time at the age of 50.
Then they come to work after a long weekend, and try to say they have a work injury. Do they not realize I can see this stuff?

So many people seem to check their brains at the door when it comes to social media.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #2789
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I know... but that is who she is... she thinks she can change his mind by this... and the truth is she hurt him to the core and I think he is finally "getting" some of the things he has over heard in this household over the years...

( they don't live close by anymore ( thank you God!)
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #2790
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
So many people seem to check their brains at the door when it comes to social media.
Yes, yes they do.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #2791
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
It is kinda fun stalking my employees on Facebook. They friend me. Then they post something about doing Zumba or skateboarding for the first time at the age of 50.
Then they come to work after a long weekend, and try to say they have a work injury. Do they not realize I can see this stuff?

yep... some people...

I hear things at work all the time, people will come in and share stories of things that happened to them at their work. ( employee related...) I think most people seem to think they have their cloak of invisibility on and the only people who see them be dumb on the internet are the people that comment to them.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #2792
Watercolor Wizard

Last edited by mountainmom; 12-13-2012 at 03:00 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #2793
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

and it will only get worse before it gets better is what I think...

on one hand I want to delete it all but, the only person who would not see it is me. I believe what I seen in the last round of updates to the tou on fb is something along the lines of you can hide it off your timeline but... if you post it and you hide it, its still visible to the people who go looking for it. and or search engines.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #2794
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Kelly, here's a cute gingerbread tag...

How to Make Ric Rac with Your Scallop Border Punch by Stampin Meg - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #2795
Stazon Splitcoast

I am a huge fan of Facebook right now. Robin and I became great friends over the past two years because of it. Without it, I would have been sorry for Steve's sake when she died, but I wouldn't have known what a wonderful and amazing woman she is. I'm just so grateful right now.

Had you asked me six months ago, I would have said I'd take or leave it. Not so much now.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #2796
Stazon Splitcoast

I bought me a Christmas present today. I keep telling people that it's something that means I need to "get a cause."

I'm wondering if Stacy will "get" that.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #2797
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

morning
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #2798
Watercolor Wizard

Two more days!
My boss owes me big time.
This week has been a nightmare. Trying to be "in charge" of a group of adults who
are running with scissors is not a pretty sight. I'm considering firing the guy who was
supposed to retire next Friday, so we don't have to spend Money on a retirement gift, and keep fixing his screw ups until Friday. Can you imagine my bosses' face on Monday when he says "where is so-and-so" and I say I fired him to save money on the retirement party.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #2799
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, man. I so want to put that in a book.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #2800
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
So I got my SU mini catalog from my demo today. I few of the tools look interesting to me and I will need to investigate them farther, but I don't see any must have stamp sets for me at first glance.

I have a question or two for a demo or anyone in the know.

1. Is there a matching punch with the honeycomb embossing folder that I am missing or did some ambitious people cut out the shapes? There are cards on page 3 and page 15 with patterned paper shapes in the embossing folder areas.
no

2. Can you use the simply scored borders scoring plate without the SU score board? I already have a score board and don't really want to buy a new one, but the SU plate/overlay looks interesting.
I have not gotten mine yet, but I would think you could. But remember the new border plate fits into the SU scoring board along with the diagonal board too... I do love both of them and prefer that stylus tool. I love having the little markers I can move along the top of the board as I do a project. However, truthfully, my door fell off the top of it...