Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #481
Stazon Splitcoast

Speaking of Christmas, Mom was at Target today and got some good deals...someone placed the Black Friday signs up already so they honored the prices for her and then took down the signs.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #482
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I just opened the bill from the urgent care visit for my eye when I was up north. They charged for the urgent care visit AND the doctor services! What's up with that?!?!?! To top it off, he didn't even do anything but look in my eye for 5 seconds. For this price, he could have at least used a flash light to make it worth the $$$$. Good grief.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #483
Stazon Splitcoast

Now I'm upset and won't be able to sleep. Guess I'd better because like everyone else, it was a crazy day today and hopefully not the same tomorrow.

Nite.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #484
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

morning!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #485
CBC Lady Violet

Morning chickies! Just a quick drive-by as I need to get in to work early.
I sent out an "advertisement" email - sent an email to all in the group saying I would be bringing cards this evening & giving prices. So fingers crossed!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #486
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Hey, do you know, is the SU sale the same for the whole time period, or does it change each day?

...I've had my eye on the cupcake punch for quite some time.
Doorbusters on Monday (yesterday) were the
Big shot, Big Shot Doctor's Bag and the Diagonal Plate

Doorbusters on Wednesday, November 28 will be
Clear Block Bundle from A to I for $ 53.56 instead of reg price of $ 66.95
Clear Block Storage Caddy for $ 13.56 instead of reg price of $16.95
Stack and Store caddy for $ 27.96 instead of reg price of $ 34.95 ( I have two of these I would sell for $20 each plus actual shipping.

And all other items on the sale list will run from Monday, November 19th to Wednesday, November 28th.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #487
Watercolor Wizard

I have a round of chemo today and I am simply dawdling rigjht now. Need to hit the shower, get dressed, take an insulin shot and another steriod pill and get moving. I thought about driving on to Little Rock early (Like leaving in 30 minutes) which would make me arrive around 7:15. Could stop at Cracker Barrel and have a real breakfast. There is one less than 10 minutes from the doctor's office. Get my 3 month scan results back today too.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:15 AM   #488
Watercolor Wizard

Had 2 more friends sign up yesterday as new demos for that Big Shot Sale.

Sis is planning on signing up later this week. She plans on using the $125 of merchandise on the Regals and Bright stamp family and having about $24.10 to spend on other stuff (undetermined so far) and then getting her bonus stamp family in Subtles. This way she gets all her new stamp pads for $99 and tax (which is a heck of alot cheaper than $ 149.85 plus shipping and tax! But she will be a kitnapper and my other 2 ladies might be hobbyists instead.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #489
Watercolor Wizard

I am talkative this morning.... too much in the steriod family in the past 48 hrs.... predisones and dexamethosones... sugar is tolerable this morning.. 212 .... high was 350 last night which was giving me headaches. (who knows what it was earlier in the day!). It will probably climb up once more after the steriod pill this morning plus an IV of them.

Just think on Sunday evening before my 1st round of the 3 predisones, I was only 118 on my blood sugar... been under 130 all week .....

Steriods..... gotta love that they let me take meds I am allergic to, but gotta hate the headaches, high blood sugars and the weight gains on them. UGH... another one of those lovely love/hate affairs on this dang journey.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:28 AM   #490
Watercolor Wizard

Well I better log off and hit that shower if I want a real breakfast this morning instead of a McDonald's drive thru breakfast. Have a good day.

Arlene
Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #491
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene Bridges View Post
Doorbusters on Monday (yesterday) were the
Big shot, Big Shot Doctor's Bag and the Diagonal Plate

Doorbusters on Wednesday, November 28 will be
Clear Block Bundle from A to I for $ 53.56 instead of reg price of $ 66.95
Clear Block Storage Caddy for $ 13.56 instead of reg price of $16.95
Stack and Store caddy for $ 27.96 instead of reg price of $ 34.95 ( I have two of these I would sell for $20 each plus actual shipping.

And all other items on the sale list will run from Monday, November 19th to Wednesday, November 28th.
When you get home, I need to know why you might sell these? I was considering ordering at least one. What works better for you?

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #492
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Ok, I just opened the bill from the urgent care visit for my eye when I was up north. They charged for the urgent care visit AND the doctor services! What's up with that?!?!?! To top it off, he didn't even do anything but look in my eye for 5 seconds. For this price, he could have at least used a flash light to make it worth the $$$$. Good grief.
Do you have medical insurance?

I always get a statement from them long before I get something from the dr.'s office.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #493
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

((( Arlene )))

Hoping you receive really good news today on your results and have left to eat a real breakfast.

Storm's vet was not at work yesterday and the other one ( a young woman is nice enough but, she has not seen him very often or at all for the last 3 months so, they said just keep him quiet and come in at 10 tomorrow to see his main vet today.) so,
gonna hit the shower. take him in, bring him home and then go fetch the ice.

gonna be a long day. hopefully they do have something they can give him. I've been cooking for him again and he is eating that so, I think with some pain meds and such he can maybe go on a little longer but, you know it wont be a fix thing just an extension. and J is finally starting to really "see" it now. I think the steriods for Storm gave him a great deal of false hope but, he really did get better for a little while on them so I think we all were really hoping even though we knew.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #494
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Dog and Cat stamps... ( have not poked around in here yet, just came across this in gs...)

Home Page
Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #495
Watercolor Wizard

Today I am doing a little (very little) house work and laundry, working on BD card for DS2 (casing one of Arlene's great card kits), and I have to prep Stamp a Stack cards to mail to a gal who didn't make it Friday night. She had paid in advance, so I'm ok with that, but she doesn't own any of the stamps, so I have to do all the stamping.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #496
Watercolor Wizard

Here is a different take on triple time stamping:

Triple Time Dasher Card by candee porter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #497
Watercolor Wizard

I got my scans back. I am no longer in remission.

The cancer has returned to the left iliac lymph nodes. Starting next Friday, I begin weekly chemo again. The meds have changed. Dr. Baltz dropped the 5FU drug and replaced it with Adria (commonly called the red devil). I am to stay on Carboplatin and Taxol every Friday, as well as my lovely dexamethosone steriods. In addition, I will be also on a daily chemo pill called Tamoxifen. Will lose all my hair again before Christmas (heck the wigs are warmer).

My first question was do I have something left to fight or is this the last straw. He said we have alot left to fight with (so there is my 1st silver lining), and my 2nd question was if I needed surgery again (not at this time), and my 3rd question was will I have to take another medical leave from school (not at this time but maybe later in the spring -- depends on how my body reacts to the meds) and my final question was when do we begin the new treatments and how often (we start next Friday, November 30 and will do treatments every Friday until further notice. Next scans are in mid Feb 2013.

Although the cancer has returned, there are many silver linings in this diagnosis (no surgery, getting to work still, and I am not terminal). Look for the blessings in the hardship -- it is there and difficult at times to see.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #498
Duchess of CBCs

Quote:

The cancer has returned to the left iliac lymph nodes. Starting next Friday, I begin weekly chemo again. The meds have changed. Dr. Baltz dropped the 5FU drug and replaced it with Adria (commonly called the red devil). I am to stay on Carboplatin and Taxol every Friday, as well as my lovely dexamethosone steriods. In addition, I will be also on a daily chemo pill called Tamoxifen. Will lose all my hair again before Christmas (heck the wigs are warmer).

My first question was do I have something left to fight or is this the last straw. He said we have alot left to fight with (so there is my 1st silver lining), and my 2nd question was if I needed surgery again (not at this time), and my 3rd question was will I have to take another medical leave from school (not at this time but maybe later in the spring -- depends on how my body reacts to the meds) and my final question was when do we begin the new treatments and how often (we start next Friday, November 30 and will do treatments every Friday until further notice. Next scans are in mid Feb 2013.

Although the cancer has returned, there are many silver linings in this diagnosis (no surgery, getting to work still, and I am not terminal). Look for the blessings in the hardship -- it is there and difficult at times to see.
BIG and GENTLE HUGS ARLENE!! Your positive attitude is so encouraging. Way to look for the silver linings. BIG HUGS anyway though.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #499
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Old 11-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #500
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Oh wow Arleenie...HUGS!!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #501
CBC Lady Violet

(((Arlene)))
Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #502
CBC Lady Violet

Seems petty after Arlene's post but........ I came home from work with a headache. Technology is not my friend today.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #503
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Seems petty after Arlene's post but........ I came home from work with a headache. Technology is not my friend today.
Technology is rarely my friend either.

And it is not petty to complain about a headache.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #504
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks for your hugs ladies.

This too will be okay. There is light in this prediciment. Things will be okayin the long run, it was just a stunning shock today.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #505
Watercolor Wizard

Come on out and talk ladies.

This is just a bump in the road. Let's get back to normal things.

Tomorrow I plan on scrapbooking and making cards. Simply going to surf, read a book and rest tonight.

Arlene
Old 11-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #506
CBC Lady Violet

Ai yi yi. There's government bureaucracy for you. Hydro pole in the middle of the road - Weird News - Canoe.ca
Heaven forbid one department talk to another!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #507
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Arlene! I think I earned my "promotion" with last night's orders!

I'm working on SAS stuff for the girl who didn't make it Friday night. Trying to be sure everything is "perfect", so I'm taking my time.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #508
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Come on out and talk ladies.

This is just a bump in the road. Let's get back to normal things.

Tomorrow I plan on scrapbooking and making cards. Simply going to surf, read a book and rest tonight.

Arlene
I downed some pills & closed my eyes for a few. Hopefully the meds will kick in soon and take the headache down a notch. If not, I'll take more & with some caffeine this time.
Need to pack up my cards and my stitching - need to leave within a half hour or so. I ended up with around 140 cards done, so hopefully I sell some! (Well, LOTS! would be better than some. I did send out an email, but nobody actually responded, so we'll see what happens.)
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #509
Watercolor Wizard

I've had a headache since last Thursday night, on and off.

Mostly sinus related. Just can't seem to shake it. May have to go visit the clinic at work.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #510
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
Hi Arlene! I think I earned my " promotion " with last night's orders!

I'm working on SAS stuff for the girl who didn't make it Friday night. Trying to be sure everything is "perfect", so I'm taking my time.
YAY!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #511
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
I've had a headache since last Thursday night, on and off.

Mostly sinus related. Just can't seem to shake it. May have to go visit the clinic at work.
Mine is definitely stress/tension related. I think the only piece of technology in my department today that did NOT malfunction was the fax machine/photocopier.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #512
CBC Lady Violet

Canoe.ca | 6 extremely overpriced products | Money

Quote:
Greeting Cards

Since when does a folded up piece of paper cost $2.99? Since someone slaps a precious kitty picture and a cleverly written message on it and then stamps the back of it with a well-known logo. That's right - we're talking about those pricey greeting cards. A consumer will spend hours poring over the neatly arranged stacks in the greeting card aisle, searching for the perfect message for his or her sister's birthday, parent's anniversary or "Just Because." The average greeting card costs between $2 and $4, and we consumers don't seem to think twice about paying that precipitous price. The mark up is between 100 and 200% - which is not quite as shocking as movie theater popcorn, but it adds up quickly. When you consider how many of those paper jewels you buy each year, it's enough to send you running for the construction paper and markers. After all, it only costs a few cents to create a home-made card .
HA! First, this author needs to pay a visit to SCS, THEN we need to send them on a visit to whatever company that was that makes those crazy-priced cards with gold leaf & real gemstones.
Wonder how their article would change?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #513
CBC Lady Violet

See ya later chickies!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #514
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Hi Arlene! I think I earned my "promotion" with last night's orders!

Congrats Imogene! It shows that you are a senior associate. You did this in less than 60 days to boot! Woohoo!!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #515
Watercolor Wizard

What do you gals take for headaches? Doctor took me off Mobic due to the diverticulitis.
Also, no Ibuprofen allowed. Tylenol doesn't seem to work for my "stiff neck" headaches.
May have to ask the doc for muscle relaxers.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #516
Watercolor Wizard

I just took some headache tablets -- blood sugar is at 350 again due to the steriods. Ugh....

Took a nausea pill and an anti-conspitation tablet (due to the taxol). soon to bed with a knock out pill -- want to sleep and relax tonight.tomorrow is another day.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #517
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
What do you gals take for headaches? Doctor took me off Mobic due to the diverticulitis.
Also, no Ibuprofen allowed. Tylenol doesn't seem to work for my "stiff neck" headaches.
anticeti.... what ever can't speel it today
Old 11-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #518
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
try a benadryl or sometime with a benadryl.... those PM meds....that will relax you to sleep.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #519
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
try a benadryl or sometime with a benadryl.... those PM meds....that will relax you to sleep.
This is probably what I need. It will help with the sinus issues, also.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #520
Watercolor Wizard

I will either take one of them or a hydocodone in a little while. Probably the latter.... I simply want to sleep hard tonight. Tomorrow is a new day and we can start fresh.