Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #5041
Stazon Splitcoast

Kevin was on his way to get the stuff to make tacos last night. I doubt I'll be able to convince him to do that for a while. He's already panicking at the idea of driving at all.

Ugh
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #5042
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
I don't like giant TVs. Especially don't like them to be the first thing someone notices when they walk in my house.

I am obsessing over two things right now:

DILs Bday card (what to make)
DILs Bday gift (I am always out of ideas after Christmas)

Anyone have any suggestions?
Based on the comment a few below this one about her being a streamlined and neat freak I'd go with a more elegant/cas card for her. Here are a few ideas that I have bookmarked that may work:
Birthday Cards - 1 / butterflies
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-psC50HqXlx...le52006971.jpg
Stamp with Tammy: Saturday Sketch Challenge #243
SAB Quilted Elementary Elegance - DOstamping with Dawn, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Pastel Panels « bits & pieces
Andrea's Stampin' Moments: Sunny Monday
Most of these can be adapted with different embossing folders and stamps if you don't have something like the ones used.

As far as gifts - how old are their kids and does she work full or part time?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #5043
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
Kevin was on his way to get the stuff to make tacos last night. I doubt I'll be able to convince him to do that for a while. He's already panicking at the idea of driving at all.

Ugh
I was just reading back and read what happened. I don't know what to say other than I'm so sorry and hope that everything works out for you guys. I can't even imagine what he's going through and how he's feeling.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #5044
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Event : Holiday Punch Pack

Tell me why I would or wouldn't want this. I actually do want another trimmer tor cutting narrower strips.

I've never heard of this brand so I don't know if it's good or not. For $100 it should be though. After my Making Memories one which I loved broke, I got a cheaper one at Staples and so far I've been happy with it. It's not awesome, but it works and I can cut through more than one sheet of card stock with it, which I couldn't do with the Making Memories one.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #5045
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
I decided that I want a tv in my bedroom. For times like this, when I just want to be in bed & be able to still watch tv. The wall space I have for it, given the arrangement of my room, is 26 inches. So screen, case etc combined must be 26 inches or less. Given the fact that my living room tv is 19", and I only got that when I got a flat screen a few years ago when my little 13" vcr/tv combo died, I'm not really into the big tv thing. Aside from the fact that I think a huge tv looks ridiculous in a small apartment. Wally world is in the same mall as the pharmacy & grocery store, so I stuck my head in there today to check on the prices. They do not have a single tv in there under 32". That was the smallest they sold. I was totally floored. Does everybody have giant monster tvs this days?
I still have quite a few other stores to check out. I would really like just another small one, but I guess if worst comes to worst, I can put a bigger one in the living room and move the current one into the bedroom.
In Canada -Does Walmart let you order something from them online and then ship it to the store for free so you can pick it up in the store? They have 19 inch tvs on their website (at least in the USA).
Vizio 19-Inch Class LED-LCD HDTV - Walmart.com
Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #5046
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
Based on the comment a few below this one about her being a streamlined and neat freak I'd go with a more elegant/cas card for her. Here are a few ideas that I have bookmarked that may work:
Birthday Cards - 1 / butterflies
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-psC50HqXlx...le52006971.jpg
Stamp with Tammy: Saturday Sketch Challenge #243
SAB Quilted Elementary Elegance - DOstamping with Dawn, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Pastel Panels « bits & pieces
Andrea's Stampin' Moments: Sunny Monday
Most of these can be adapted with different embossing folders and stamps if you don't have something like the ones used.

As far as gifts - how old are their kids and does she work full or part time?
Lyla is 3 1/2, and DIL works one 12 hour shift a week. (nurse)

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 12-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #5047
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Lyla is 3 1/2, and DIL works one 12 hour shift a week. (nurse)
I'd go with a consumable basket of her favorite things - chocolate, lotions, coffee, etc that she may not buy for herself. If you know of a movie or book that she'd like you could stick that in too. Maybe you could call your son and see if he had any ideas of things that she'd love, but doesn't usually buy for herself? I know where she's coming from with the neat freak thing because once you have kids the "stuff" seems to multiply overnight and explode all over the place every time you turn your back.

Another gift idea is a gift certificate for a manicure with a "coupon" that you will babysit Lyla while she gets it or a gift certificate for her favorite place to eat with a babysitting "coupon".
Old 12-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #5048
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Basically a bunch of tax breaks are all expiring at the same time and we'll be paying a lot more in taxes in the new year.
How the Fiscal Cliff Will Affect You - Rick Newman (usnews.com)
That's good enough for me. Just wanted to have some clue what they were talking about. The talking heads keep talking ABOUT it, but I've not heard them say what it is.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #5049
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, he proved me wrong. After talking about not driving again for awhile (and he rarely says things like that if he doesn't mean it) he decided to go buy stuff for tacos again. I guess my "get up and ride the horse" speech got through.

Man. Sigh
Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #5050
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
In Canada -Does Walmart let you order something from them online and then ship it to the store for free so you can pick it up in the store? They have 19 inch tvs on their website (at least in the USA).
Vizio 19-Inch Class LED-LCD HDTV - Walmart.com
They probably do, but I've never tried it. I like to see how the colour comes out on the screen you know? They are so different when you compare them all in the store. Mostly, I like the one I have, but I find that when there are dark/little light scenes, it is very difficult to see. So I may not buy the same brand.
I will see. I am not in any hurry to get one, and there are a lot of stores that sell them I haven't checked out yet, so I will do that and then make a decision.
Speaking of which, if you've bought a tv in the past two years, what brand did you buy and what do you like/not like about it?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #5051
Watercolor Wizard

Good for Kevin! I know that wasn't easy for him.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #5052
CBC Lady Violet

Can I just say that I LOATHE the word puppers? You have a puppy, or you have a dog, or you have a pet, or you have *insert pet name*. You do NOT have a puppers. Puppers is NOT a word and they do NOT exist.
Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. I keep seeing this word used lately and it just drives me bonkers. I don't really know why.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #5053
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
They probably do, but I've never tried it. I like to see how the colour comes out on the screen you know? They are so different when you compare them all in the store. Mostly, I like the one I have, but I find that when there are dark/little light scenes, it is very difficult to see. So I may not buy the same brand.
I will see. I am not in any hurry to get one, and there are a lot of stores that sell them I haven't checked out yet, so I will do that and then make a decision.
Speaking of which, if you've bought a tv in the past two years, what brand did you buy and what do you like/not like about it?
I think that our tv is 3 or 4 years old, but dh got a Vizio LED tv from Walmart. He did all of the research on it, but he found that was the best priced one, with the features that he wanted. I didn't really care as long as he remodeled the basement with some things that I wanted (ie-build in wooden cabinets under the stairs), he could pick any tv he wanted. The thing I don't like about it is that it takes too long to turn on and change channels, but that is a "problem" with all of the newer tvs. This was our first (and only) tv that is flat screened - we're a little bit behind the times.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #5054
Stazon Splitcoast

Soooooooo I need to write faster, eh?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #5055
Watercolor Wizard

I am watching Sister Wives. Wishing I could reach through the TV and choke that man.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #5056
Stazon Splitcoast

Morgann gets an extra-long birthday in Rome today. Happy 23rd Birthday to her!

I believe they were going to the Vatican today. It's free one day a month--the last Sunday of December. Which they just happened to be there for.

WOOT.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #5057
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Morgann gets an extra-long birthday in Rome today. Happy 23rd Birthday to her!

I believe they were going to the Vatican today. It's free one day a month--the last Sunday of December. Which they just happened to be there for.

WOOT.
I had no idea she was in Europe. Is she just in Italy or is she seeing other places too? I hope she is having a fabulous time!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #5058
Watercolor Wizard

Such a wonderful adventure for Morgann. I'm sure she is loving it.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #5059
Watercolor Wizard

23 and in Italy! It doesn't get much better than that.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #5060
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
I am watching Sister Wives. Wishing I could reach through the TV and choke that man.
I watched one episode of that quite some time ago just to see what it was about. They do seem to strive to be good parents. The one thing I can say is that it seems like they are all consenting adults who chose this. I think it is crazy, but if you as an adult choose to do something, that is your choice KWIM? At the same time, I do find it quite odd - I thought this was illegal in the US? and I wonder how they can be this public about it and not have issues with the law? The "cults" that have underage girls getting married are another thing altogether and I have no patience for them at all. Lock 'em up (the adults doing this to the kids) and throw away the key as far as I am concerned. We have a branch of them out west here that the government has tried to crack down on but I think so far have not been quite successful.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #5061
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamijo View Post
Cyndee- will check out the kids section for sheets- didn't think of that!

Here's the comforter I got: Room Essentials® Chevron Comforter - White : Target

I have grey sheets that I found at Target but really wanted the turquoise (or even the goldish color). I found one online at Kohls that had the turq/teal in the picture but it wasn't a choice so I will be making a peek in there sometime tomorrow I am sure.
Personally I would recommend white sheets because you can bleach them when they start looking dull.

Told hubby that I am replacing ALL of our color sheets with white ones this next year.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #5062
Stazon Splitcoast

Braelyn (21) and Morgann (now 23) are in Rome for a week. They're spending her birthday and New Year's Eve there (as well as a few others obviously).

And they're having a blast. Lemme find the picture of them at that fountain where you make the wishes.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #5063
Stazon Splitcoast

can't do white here. They turn gray. We've done everything that you're "supposed" to do to keep things white here and you just can't.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #5064
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyone here with a Kindle that has C's books?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #5065
Stazon Splitcoast

Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #5066
Stazon Splitcoast

Suzanne, I have them all on my desktop. I can email you any of them you want. Also, I "buy" my own on free days so I can also loan you any you want. Just sayin'.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #5067
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
can't do white here. They turn gray. We've done everything that you're "supposed" to do to keep things white here and you just can't.
my color sheets are all dull looking so I'm thinking between bleach and stuff the white ones will be better.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #5068
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I watched one episode of that quite some time ago just to see what it was about. They do seem to strive to be good parents. The one thing I can say is that it seems like they are all consenting adults who chose this. I think it is crazy, but if you as an adult choose to do something, that is your choice KWIM? At the same time, I do find it quite odd - I thought this was illegal in the US? and I wonder how they can be this public about it and not have issues with the law? The "cults" that have underage girls getting married are another thing altogether and I have no patience for them at all. Lock 'em up (the adults doing this to the kids) and throw away the key as far as I am concerned. We have a branch of them out west here that the government has tried to crack down on but I think so far have not been quite successful.
I could care less about the lifestyle they choose. It is the fact that he choses this lifestyle and then complains about how hard his life is because he has to juggle all these relationships, etc. Just think he is a jerk. I like all the wives.
Also, it is illegal.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #5069
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Braelyn (21) and Morgann (now 23) are in Rome for a week. They're spending her birthday and New Year's Eve there (as well as a few others obviously).

And they're having a blast. Lemme find the picture of them at that fountain where you make the wishes.
So cool that they are doing that trip together. I've never been outside of the US and I've seen very little of that.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #5070
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Suzanne, I have them all on my desktop. I can email you any of them you want. Also, I "buy" my own on free days so I can also loan you any you want. Just sayin'.
So how long will it loan for? And which one should I start with?

I think I'm the only one here that hasn't read any of your books yet.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #5071
Stazon Splitcoast

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...49594670_n.jpg

And there is Braelyn's suitcase. Turned out nice.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #5072
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd start with Ready or Not. What's your kindle email?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #5073
Stazon Splitcoast

And I've loaned books for months, so...
Old 12-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #5074
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Great job with that!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #5075
Stazon Splitcoast

And since I'm in her uploads...

This is my all time favorite Braelyn Photo.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...82277986_n.jpg
Old 12-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #5076
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'd start with Ready or Not. What's your kindle email?
PMing it to you now.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #5077
Watercolor Wizard

Love the suitcase!

Has anyone seen Jen lately? Seems like I haven't seen her for days?

Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #5078
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:

Trevi fountain I think.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #5079
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:

That is awesome C. How did she like it?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #5080
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
I could care less about the lifestyle they choose. It is the fact that he choses this lifestyle and then complains about how hard his life is because he has to juggle all these relationships, etc. Just think he is a jerk. I like all the wives.
Also, it is illegal.
I really haven't watched enough to know.