Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #4681
Watercolor Wizard

I have mine at 65 right now. I'm wearing socks and a sweat shirt. Not uncomfortable at all. I started this experiment on Christmas day, when all the cooking got the house so warm I had to turn the thermostat down.

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #4682
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't think I would like mine set that low only because I can't stand to wear a ton of clothing especially with the hot flashes.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #4683
Watercolor Wizard

Main areas of the house are nice and clean. Everything put away, except the tree stays up until New Years.

Bedrooms are a whole different story.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #4684
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello!!

My Gallery My Blog

The Sweet Stop Design Team
Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #4685
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Janice! What are you up to today?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #4686
Stazon Splitcoast

We keep our heat at 68 in the winter with a bump to 70 from time to time if needed. If we are going to be away for the day and i think of it i set it back to 66. In the summer the AC get sets at about 76 but i don't turn it on till we have alot of hot days where the house gets to 80 inside and won't cool down in the evenings. LOVE the windows being open and the ceiling fans running when i can!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #4687
Watercolor Wizard

We both have a hard time with allergies in spring and summer. No open windows for us.

That is one thing I love about going to the beach. We can open the windows and be fine there. Just not much growing in the sand, lol.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #4688
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
Hi Janice! What are you up to today?
Cooking! Just made some fruited jello for DH. Cooked some hard boiled eggs and now have potaotes cooking to make some potato salad had a craving for it for some reason. Still no idea what I'm making for dinner yet though!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #4689
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
We keep our heat at 68 in the winter with a bump to 70 from time to time if needed. If we are going to be away for the day and i think of it i set it back to 66. In the summer the AC get sets at about 76 but i don't turn it on till we have alot of hot days where the house gets to 80 inside and won't cool down in the evenings. LOVE the windows being open and the ceiling fans running when i can!
Yeah I might start having issues cause DH seems to be getting more allergies the older he gets and than that triggers his asthma.

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #4690
Watercolor Wizard

potato salad sounds great!

I've been wanting some pasta salad ever since we talked about ways for Stacy to use up her boiled eggs. Will probably make some tomorrow.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #4691
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We both have a hard time with allergies in spring and summer. No open windows for us.

That is one thing I love about going to the beach. We can open the windows and be fine there. Just not much growing in the sand, lol.
We have the allergy issues here too so we can't keep windows opened either.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #4692
Stazon Splitcoast

I did manage to get about 5 cards made last night! We started using netflix online this week and I'm enjoying watching movies while i craft! I have several older tv shows book marked to try out too if i run out of movies i like. If it works out well we may get rid of the Dish and just do Netflix and maybe Hulu+ and save a good bit of $$$

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #4693
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Cooking! Just made some fruited jello for DH. Cooked some hard boiled eggs and now have potaotes cooking to make some potato salad had a craving for it for some reason. Still no idea what I'm making for dinner yet though!
I think hamburgers or steaks sound good with potato salad.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #4694
Stazon Splitcoast

Anybody have any suggestions as to why my card reader isn't working on my laptop since i got it back?? I have the windows picture viewer and editing program downloaded?? Luckily DH had the IT guy fix DS#2 old laptop too at the same time and the picture reader is working on that one so thats what i'm using. DS had bought his own new Computer on Blk Friday so i now have a spare laptop. The kids say these are old and slow but they work perfect for what i need!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #4695
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
I think hamburgers or steaks sound good with potato salad.
Only DH & I will eat the potato salad and i like it better after it sits awhile(gets better flavor) so probably won't eat it till tomorrow. I had made Bacon and egg sandwichs for Brunch. I was thinking of making it a leftovers night but i should save that for tomorrow night while BFF and I have our traditional girls night out. Dinner, exchange gifts and then a movie! And if we catch the early movie we sometimes close down the Kohl's store and then go for ice cream too!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #4696
CBC Lady Violet

Have just spent a while going through my craft journal. While I have not kept a record of all my receipts for the year, and I do not have final crafting times for the year; it is clear to me that I need to do some serious re-thinking about my craft time and craft spending.
I know one thing that must change this year is how much time I spend crafting. I have let work & work stress interfere with my crafting time far too much - coming home stressed & just mindlessly playing on the 'net all evening instead of accomplishing something crafty. (I've always had my 'puter next to me, and chatted with you guys while crafting, but I have spent a lot of time lately just browsing through stuff in multiple windows instead of crafting.) Last year I spent well over 600 hours crafting through the year, and this year I am only going to be somewhere around 450 I think. That is a very significant difference.
I've also looked at the numbers for the past couple of years and I am probably spending about 4x the amount of time stitching as I spend stamping. But when it comes to $$ and supplies, the opposite is true. So I think I need to really re-think what and how I am spending money on stamping, because looking at the time numbers, my stuff is clearly not getting used as it should.
I am pondering making a new year's resolution to try to get crafty 5 days out of 7 (Which works out to 260 of the 365 days in a year I think). Even if it means I stamp only 1 card, or sit & stitch for only 15 or 20 minutes, but to try and do SOMETHING crafty. Quite often, once I get started on something, I do keep going & spend more time than I had intended because I get absorbed in what I am doing. It will help keep the mojo going. And it should help keep my stuff getting used. Five days out of seven means that I do not have to craft Wednesdays (which tend to be hard for me because of my work schedule - which may be getting even more awkward in the new year), plus gives me leeway for one other day in the week if I have errands or have an event to attend or something.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #4697
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Anybody have any suggestions as to why my card reader isn't working on my laptop since i got it back?? I have the windows picture viewer and editing program downloaded?? Luckily DH had the IT guy fix DS#2 old laptop too at the same time and the picture reader is working on that one so thats what i'm using. DS had bought his own new Computer on Blk Friday so i now have a spare laptop. The kids say these are old and slow but they work perfect for what i need!
Only thing I can of is that maybe something got unplugged when it was worked on.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #4698
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Only thing I can of is that maybe something got unplugged when it was worked on.
Yeah i told DH when he talks to the guy again after the holidays here to ask him if he has any thoughts on what it might be?? He did replace the hard drive so maybe something was missed!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #4699
CBC Lady Violet

I am still debating about starting a blog. Those of you that have & maintain one, do you find it pushes you to keep creating?
Which blog site are you using and what do you like/dislike about it?
Where is the best place to get free, cool blog paper/banners etc. since I have absolutely no idea how to create my own if I decide to do this.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #4700
Stazon Splitcoast

I just use blogger and The Cutest Blog on the block for my BG's ect.... as for it making you craft more?? I kinda doubt that??! If you don't feel like stamping now I don't think a blog will make you want too. IMO!

Seems like the only thing i post now anymore is DT stuff! Before that I found doing/entering challenges was fun and got me posting. Bonus every now and then winning a prize!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #4701
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Have just spent a while going through my craft journal. While I have not kept a record of all my receipts for the year, and I do not have final crafting times for the year; it is clear to me that I need to do some serious re-thinking about my craft time and craft spending.
I know one thing that must change this year is how much time I spend crafting. I have let work & work stress interfere with my crafting time far too much - coming home stressed & just mindlessly playing on the 'net all evening instead of accomplishing something crafty. (I've always had my 'puter next to me, and chatted with you guys while crafting, but I have spent a lot of time lately just browsing through stuff in multiple windows instead of crafting.) Last year I spent well over 600 hours crafting through the year, and this year I am only going to be somewhere around 450 I think. That is a very significant difference.
I've also looked at the numbers for the past couple of years and I am probably spending about 4x the amount of time stitching as I spend stamping. But when it comes to $$ and supplies, the opposite is true. So I think I need to really re-think what and how I am spending money on stamping, because looking at the time numbers, my stuff is clearly not getting used as it should.
I am pondering making a new year's resolution to try to get crafty 5 days out of 7 (Which works out to 260 of the 365 days in a year I think). Even if it means I stamp only 1 card, or sit & stitch for only 15 or 20 minutes, but to try and do SOMETHING crafty. Quite often, once I get started on something, I do keep going & spend more time than I had intended because I get absorbed in what I am doing. It will help keep the mojo going. And it should help keep my stuff getting used. Five days out of seven means that I do not have to craft Wednesdays (which tend to be hard for me because of my work schedule - which may be getting even more awkward in the new year), plus gives me leeway for one other day in the week if I have errands or have an event to attend or something.
I have always wondered about all the stampy stuff cause you seem to talk about that "hobby" more as a "chore" than as a having fun thing??! IMO I would say your true passion is the needle and thread! Whether it be crocheting or needlepoint!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #4702
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I am still debating about starting a blog. Those of you that have & maintain one, do you find it pushes you to keep creating?
Where is the best place to get free, cool blog paper/banners etc. since I have absolutely no idea how to create my own if I decide to do this.
I can answer this one...No! I've had a blog for years and no it doesn't push me to be creative because then you have to take the pics, then edit them, then post, etc.

I use Blogger because it is free. I've never had a problem with it but I know I've seen a lot of people complain about using it and so they use free Wordpress.

I've tried using the free theme sets but always go back to playing with myself. There are a bunch of easy to understand tutorials on how to make your own stuff.

All that said I've been contemplating starting a new blog and not try to make it fit one thing (niche) but make it more of a lifestyle blog that encompasses everything I'm doing or that is going on in life.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #4703
Watercolor Wizard

I know I need a blog to build my SU business, but not right now, while I'm working full time. the blog itself would take away from my stamping time. I have stamped a lot more since I became a demo, and I've really enjoyed it. I don't want it to become "work". I want to do it because I love it. My few customers feel my excitement and that is what gets them going. Before I go back to work on the 7th, I plan to have my Stamp Club projects for at least Jan-March designed and prepped.

Last edited by mountainmom; 12-27-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #4704
Watercolor Wizard

I signed up for a trial (first month free) of Netflix. Watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2. It was a cute movie, but it made me miss my little ones who are all gone now

Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #4705
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I signed up for a trial (first month free) of Netflix. Watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2. It was a cute movie, but it made me miss my little ones who are all gone now
We are doing the trial thing too but for 7.99 a month I think we will just keep it. No returning movies to the redbox this way! Plus like now with all the shows being on break and then over the summer too it will come in handy!

My Gallery My Blog

Old 12-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #4706
Watercolor Wizard

There just isn't much on TV to watch nowdays. Hope I can catch some decent movies this way.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #4707
Stazon Splitcoast

We've been talking about trying out Netflix. Would love to pay $8 a month instead of the $35 a month to cable.

The kids have game systems that stream Netflix but we don't have anything for us to stream it with in the living room.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #4708
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
I have always wondered about all the stampy stuff cause you seem to talk about that "hobby" more as a "chore" than as a having fun thing??! IMO I would say your true passion is the needle and thread! Whether it be crocheting or needlepoint!
Stamping for me isn't a "chore" per se - I do enjoy it when I do it. It is more "work" though, as I have to really think about what I am doing if I want to turn out a decent looking product.
If I really need to relax, it is the stitching I pull out - because I just have to follow someone else's pattern, I don't have to think if that makes sense? The stamping doesn't come quite as naturally.
I do think I will be looking at doing some purging of the stamp stuff though, and scaling back what I buy. Aside from the fact I have more than enough stuff to begin with!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #4709
CBC Lady Violet

I've thought about trying netflix. But netflix up here doesn't have nearly the selection that yours does. And if I scale my cable back much, I would lose most of the channels that air the skating - which was the purpose of having the cable package I do to begin with.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #4710
Watercolor Wizard

Imogene

Thanks for checking with sis on me....

Talked to Dr. Baltz today. Stay on percocet every 4 hrs for pain.. Having intense pain in left leg like someone beat me with a baseball bat.

Probably no chemo tomorrow. They were without power today. I did not premed for chemo... hate this drug cycle.

Wake in pain, take pill, start to drose... sleep a bit and the cycle starts again.

Family here with me. I am the only one with heat in the house.

Being taken cared of quiet well.... night.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #4711
CBC Lady Violet

(((Arlene))) Glad there is someone with you. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #4712
CBC Lady Violet

I wish this company didn't sell their stuff only in kits. I'm not particularly fond of their kits and I hate to spend 3 or 4 times the price of a pattern for a kit when I won't use the thread or fabric. Wish they would sell their patterns by themselves. I love this one: Dimensions Crafts® | Alan Maley's Gracious Era
Old 12-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #4713
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #4714
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Survey here:

What temp do you keep your thermomostat set on?
(Moms of little ones are totally exempt. I know you have to keep them warm)
I'm experimenting today. Just a few degrees seems to make a big difference in how often
the heat pump kicks on.
68 here. Dh would like it set at 65 and I would like it set at 70 so 68 is our compromise (and way to save a little bit of $$).
Old 12-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #4715
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We keep our heat at 68 in the winter with a bump to 70 from time to time if needed . If we are going to be away for the day and i think of it i set it back to 66. In the summer the AC get sets at about 76 but i don't turn it on till we have alot of hot days where the house gets to 80 inside and won't cool down in the evenings. LOVE the windows being open and the ceiling fans running when i can!
I've been known to bump it to 70 during the day when it's really damp/dark in the winter. Every time I do dh complains that he's hot when he gets home and he doesn't even look at the thermostat.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #4716
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
No blog here. I don't want another thing that I feel guilty about not keeping up with. What time I have to craft which seems to be rare lately, I'd like to craft and not have to take the time to blog.

If I were you I'd do the stamp/craft to spend challenge instead of trying a blog, unless a blog is something that you really think that you'd enjoy. That way maybe you would be motivated to craft and get your spending down. You'd also be spending your crafting time crafting and not blogging. You could even make it specific to earning stamping money by stamping and cross stitch money by cross stitching if you wanted to.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #4717
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Home... whew. long day. 25 mph this am and 40 this afternoon.

Arlene, I'm glad you have heat and family to come take care of you.

have not read back past this page yet...
Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #4718
Stazon Splitcoast

Dh is at a meeting tonight again and I'm watching a rerun of White Collar while relaxing. I spent most of the day cleaning toy shelves and pulling toys that the kids have outgrown and then replacing those spots with their new toys.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #4719
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene Bridges View Post
Imogene

Thanks for checking with sis on me....

Talked to Dr. Baltz today. Stay on percocet every 4 hrs for pain.. Having intense pain in left leg like someone beat me with a baseball bat.

Probably no chemo tomorrow. They were without power today. I did not premed for chemo... hate this drug cycle.

Wake in pain, take pill, start to drose... sleep a bit and the cycle starts again.

Family here with me. I am the only one with heat in the house.

Being taken cared of quiet well.... night.
I hope that they can find something to stop the pain in your leg. Thank goodness that you have family close by that can help you until you're feeling better.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #4720
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Survey here:

What temp do you keep your thermomostat set on?
(Moms of little ones are totally exempt. I know you have to keep them warm)
I'm experimenting today. Just a few degrees seems to make a big difference in how often
the heat pump kicks on.
when I leave for the day I turn it down to 65. when I get home I bump it to 70. if someone gets cold they bump it to 75... then I cant breathe so I go turn it down to 70.

so a best guess would be 70.

If I'm moving around that is too hot for me and I will go turn it down, but if I've got my feet up and my laptop parked 70 is workable..