Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #4001
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening!

Just checking in after dinner for a few minutes while the kids are occupied. Dh is at another meeting tonight and probably won't be home till late.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #4002
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
Evening!
Finally went to the clinic at work and took a steriod shot and got antibiotics and nasal spray. (Sinus and ear infection) I hate steriods, but sometimes, they are neccessary. I probably won't sleep much tonight.

Hopefully it is gone before Christmas.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #4003
Stazon Splitcoast

3 students at the high school in the district that my kids attend (and my dh teaches middle school math) were in a head on collision. It was two brothers and a friend. None of them were wearing their seat belts. 1 boy died, another is in the hospital and the boy in the back seat is ok, but only because he was somehow transporting his bike in the car and it was in front of him and held him in the car. They were going to be late to school so they must have been driving really fast. Dh taught them and the sister of the boy who died was dh's student last year.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #4004
Stazon Splitcoast

Suzanne -

I use this for my nesties and I love it:
Mom Cave / Creative Memories box. Nestabilities dies.

A friend of mine used to sell CM, had one of the boxes left in her inventory and gave me a good deal on it.

For my embossing folders I use photo sleeves in a binder so that I can flip through and see them easily. I use my label maker to put the name of them on the sleeve too. It doesn't work as well for the newer/larger folders, but I found some MS sleeves at Staples that work with them that I can put in the binder too. I might need a thicker binder soon.

I have my unmounted stamps in those binder things from univenture. I love them and it snaps closed so I don't have to worry about the small ones somehow making their way out like I used to with the cd case. I just laminate my own sheet of thicker cardstock instead of buying the binder sheets. That way it is cheaper and I can stamp the images of the stamp on the sheet before laminating it. I know a lot of people like the dvd case, but I didn't want to invest in how many of those I'd need.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #4005
CBC Lady Violet

Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #4006
Stazon Splitcoast

I have all of my gifts wrapped, except one that hasn't arrived yet.

My brother/sil got my nephew a kitchen and when I asked what my nephew needed they asked me to get him pots/pans for the kitchen. I didn't think that it would be that hard to do. Apparently either no one carries pots/pans anymore or they're all sold out or they're pink. Somehow I don't think that they would appreciate pink pots and pans for their son. I checked KMart, Target, WM and TRU with no luck. Luckily Amazon has free 2 day shipping, although it's going to be cutting it a little bit close since I just ordered it today after admitting defeat after the 4th store.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #4007
Stazon Splitcoast

I really wish that we all lived closer. I have some toys to pass on, some size 5 boys clothing to pass on and my dd is outgrowing some of her size 3 clothing. The boys clothing shouldn't be that hard to find a new home for since my sister has 2 boys and my brother has a boy, but the girl's clothing is a little trickier. I just passed on a bag of dinosaur toys to a friend last night since the boys don't play with them anymore and I'm trying to clean out a few toys before we get new ones.

Just an FYI - girl's clothing is a lot more expensive than boys clothing and you seem to need twice as much.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #4008
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Evening!
Finally went to the clinic at work and took a steriod shot and got antibiotics and nasal spray. (Sinus and ear infection) I hate steriods, but sometimes, they are neccessary. I probably won't sleep much tonight.
Welcome to the world of steriods. They will keep you up but at the same time it does shock your system and help the antibodics.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #4009
Watercolor Wizard

Tami!

My fight like a gie stamp set arrived today!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #4010
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
I have all of my gifts wrapped, except one that hasn't arrived yet.

My brother/sil got my nephew a kitchen and when I asked what my nephew needed they asked me to get him pots/pans for the kitchen. I didn't think that it would be that hard to do. Apparently either no one carries pots/pans anymore or they're all sold out or they're pink. Somehow I don't think that they would appreciate pink pots and pans for their son. I checked KMart, Target, WM and TRU with no luck. Luckily Amazon has free 2 day shipping, although it's going to be cutting it a little bit close since I just ordered it today after admitting defeat after the 4th store.
Do you have an Ikea near you?
I have these: DUKTIG Plate/bowl - IKEA and these: DUKTIG 10-piece coffee/tea set - IKEA in my toy cupboard, and plan to add these: DUKTIG 4-piece cookware set - IKEA and these: DUKTIG 5-piece kitchen utensil set - IKEA

I've also bought these for one of the kidlets: Dish Drainer | Scholar's Choice - Toy Store - Smart Play Smart Kids | Educational Toys and Games for Children
Old 12-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #4011
Watercolor Wizard

That was suppose to be FIGHT LIKE A GIRL
Old 12-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #4012
Watercolor Wizard

Wish I lived near an IEKA store.

Been in only 1 IEKA Store. My cousin, Paolo and I waited at the coffee shop in an Ieka for his brother, Maurizio and his wife Genny.... we were going to go look at catherdrals...

Believe it or not, I was in Bolongna, Italy. Would of loved to go looking around.... nope... after the catherdrals (which were awesome), I got stuck for 2 hrs in the Galleri Ferrari (Ferrari museum).... just not my cup of tea.. lol Boys... I took photos for 2 hrs. My oncologist loves me because I printed them all off and gave them to him in a photo book. BOYS....
Old 12-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #4013
Watercolor Wizard

I keep my spellbinders in clear SU stamp cases. I simply place a strip of magnet in the case and pop those puppies onto the magnet. On the side of the case, I use my LetraTag machine and write out what they are... like LABELS 4
Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #4014
Forum Fanatic

Is your knee better tonight, Arlene?

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 12-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #4015
Watercolor Wizard

My SU framlits are in their SU pouches. But I also add magnet sheet to the pouch chipboard and pop them onto it. That keeps them attached anytime I open up my pouches....

All the SU framelit pouches and my SU embossing folders are kept in a basket on my paper wall. I get these baskets from Target.... let me hunt for my storage baskets. They are 2 sizes and in vanilla. I have several on my paper wall on shelves... many hold ribbons (like grosgrain in one, taffeta in another, etc) , some hold my sponge boxes, some hold adhesives...'

Okay this is the small one like I use for ribbons...I also have several that are double that size across (think of 2 put together) == that is the size I use for my framelits and embossing folders.
Attached Thumbnails
small-bin.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #4016
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Is your knee better tonight, Arlene?
Nope....

got several issues to discuss tomorrow....

1. swollen ankles on both legs (think it is the drug because I don't tend to swell in the cool/cold weather.

2. burning and itching sensations in both ankles.

3. pain in left knee, almost like I tore the cartlidge.. comes and goes.. hard at times to bear my weight.

4. same darn sensations of nerve endings firing off on my upper left thigh (been going on for months) but now add deep itching at times.

then we can add some bowel issues.. sore throat, and lack of stamina (which is related to low blood counts making stamina/energy and moving difficult - can walk or talk -- just not both.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #4017
Watercolor Wizard

Got the loveliest card from you today, dear Imogene. Gonna give you a quick ring.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #4018
CBC Lady Violet

Finally bestirred myself to get some dinner in the oven. After that I am going to have to force myself to get cracking on my Christmas cards. They REALLY need to get done - or at least mostly done, tonight.
Tomorrow night I need to go to the grocery store. Want to do a big shop, so that except for going to the other grocery store for yoghurt (will do Sat or maybe Sun), I do not have to go grocery shopping again until at least the 27th. No desire to fight crowds. I just wish my two grocery stores would get their acts together. I would like to shop mostly at one, but right now I have to go to one for cheese and another for yoghurt & margarine and a third for ice cream. Oh well, better than not being able to get the stuff at all. After my shopping, I am hoping to do most of my gift wrapping.
That should leave Saturday to finish working on my Mother's dishcloths and hopefully Sunday to relax.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #4019
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
Suzanne -

I use this for my nesties and I love it:
Mom Cave / Creative Memories box. Nestabilities dies.

A friend of mine used to sell CM, had one of the boxes left in her inventory and gave me a good deal on it.

For my embossing folders I use photo sleeves in a binder so that I can flip through and see them easily. I use my label maker to put the name of them on the sleeve too. It doesn't work as well for the newer/larger folders, but I found some MS sleeves at Staples that work with them that I can put in the binder too. I might need a thicker binder soon.

I have my unmounted stamps in those binder things from univenture. I love them and it snaps closed so I don't have to worry about the small ones somehow making their way out like I used to with the cd case. I just laminate my own sheet of thicker cardstock instead of buying the binder sheets. That way it is cheaper and I can stamp the images of the stamp on the sheet before laminating it. I know a lot of people like the dvd case, but I didn't want to invest in how many of those I'd need.
I've seen all of those ways and they are good ideas but still more stuff than I want to deal with.

I have one of the Univenture binders and I don't love it only because I can only fit so many stamps in it and then have to get more binders. I'm trying to keep things as condensed as possible due to limited room space.

I was thinking about getting some frame matboard extras from Js (they run like $1 for and 8x10 piece and they are usually acid free because they are used for framing) and then laminate them to use to store my stamps on. Since I can cut them to fit any size box I can use photo boxes.
Sorta like this - Stamps, Paper, Scissors and Donkey Smiles: Me and My Space #3 - Unmounted Stamps Storage!!

Of course I don't have that many stamps so I'm thinking I could get it all in 1 photo box (stamps, emboss folders, & SB dies)
Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #4020
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene Bridges View Post
I keep my spellbinders in clear SU stamp cases. I simply place a strip of magnet in the case and pop those puppies onto the magnet. On the side of the case, I use my LetraTag machine and write out what they are... like LABELS 4
That will still take up too much room in my small mom cave. Between all of my different hobbies I have to make a little room for each one.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #4021
Forum Fanatic

All Christmas cards have been in the mail for a couple of day. It is time for me to clean off the dining room table and start putting out the Christmas stuff. I'd rather keep making cards, but alas, all those hungry people will show up on Christmas day.

The rest of Lyla's gifts arrived from Amazon today. So no more worries there.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #4022
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer McGuire has some good ideas for store stuff:

Groovin’ with the Go-to Gals: Clear Stamp Storage | Paper Crafts Connection
Old 12-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #4023
Watercolor Wizard

I just love that little donkey blog ... her posts are too cute and those little goats on the video reminded of little children playing.. thanks for sharing it
Old 12-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #4024
CBC Lady Violet

Suzanne, I have one of these: STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS
It is about 6.5" wide and 6.5" high, and about 7" deep. It will hold 80 dies/sets of dies. I currently store all my thin dies such as nesties, PTI, sizzlits etc. Even my quatrefoil coverplate die and some of my "shape" dies like the cupcake & pumpkin fit in it. I'm not even close to full yet, but it takes up very little space. I love it. The only thing it doesn't hold are my BIGZ dies I have for the bs. But I have only a couple of those, and just have them standing on the shelf with my bg stamps.
I currently do not have my embossing folders in it, because I love my lunch tin from Kris and all my EF still fit in it. However, if you take out the little hanging files in the box, the embossing folders do fit in it very well and if I outgrow my tin, I will buy another of these for them.
Probably not a viable option for stamps, but with two of these, for under $25 and a very small space, you could have storage for all your dies & EF.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #4025
CBC Lady Violet

I really do not feel like stamping................
Old 12-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #4026
Watercolor Wizard

Okay ladies,,, time for me to hit the hay... or go to bed....

I have already caught myself starting to snooze away while sitting here....

Have a great evening. See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #4027
CBC Lady Violet

Ok. Came across this online today. I haven't figured out how/why it works yet though.
(psssssssst Jen - does your DH know?)

Your Shoe Size Can Reveal Your Age!

1. Take your shoe size.
2. Multiply it by 5.
3. Add 50.
4. Multiply by 20.
5. Add 1012
6. Subtract the year you were born.

The first digit of your answer is your shoe size, and the remaining digits are your age.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #4028
Forum Fanatic

Do lots of Chickies have snow?

We had pouring rain all am, then gusty winds and much colder since about lunch time. (It is still above freezing right now, but won't be tomorrow morning)

Old 12-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #4029
CBC Lady Violet

Yuck. We are under a winter storm warning. Freezing rain this evening, with snow beginning later and 30-40 cm (that would be approx. 12-15 in.) of snow expected in the next 24 hours. Oy. Wish I had seen that forecast earlier. I'd have gone grocery shopping tonight if I'd realized. Shopping tomorrow night might be really miserable. Might have to wait until Sat.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #4030
Forum Fanatic

I still have the grocery shopping to do. Most everyone will bring a dish, so I don't have to do an awful lot.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #4031
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Ok. Came across this online today. I haven't figured out how/why it works yet though.

1. Take your shoe size.
2. Multiply it by 5.
3. Add 50.
4. Multiply by 20.
5. Add 1012

The first digit of your answer is your shoe size, and the remaining digits are your age.
Now this is just spooky!

Just sent it to DH, he will love it. (when he wakes up from his nap)

Old 12-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #4032
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Quote:
Are you watching it too Jen?

It is about the only show besides the NCISs that I follow these days.
Yes... was hit or miss but have been making a point to watch it.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #4033
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Do lots of Chickies have snow?

We had pouring rain all am, then gusty winds and much colder since about lunch time. (It is still above freezing right now, but won't be tomorrow morning)

We have snow, but up to this point, not all that much - only an inch or two. Seems like that is going to change in the next day or two though.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #4034
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Now this is just spooky!

Just sent it to DH, he will love it. (when he wakes up from his nap)

I wear three different sizes, depending on the shoe, and it worked with all three.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #4035
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Its been snowing here all day but has not accumulated that much yet... but, we are scheduled for snow every day till next thursday on the forecast.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #4036
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I offered to make some die cuts and spaced it totally last weekend so I need to go upstairs and get that done so I can get them mailed... ( maybe in a bit just finished a cup of coffee)
Old 12-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #4037
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Quote:

1. Take your shoe size.
2. Multiply it by 5.
3. Add 50.
4. Multiply by 20.
5. Add 1012

DH here. So, it will actually only work for this year and only if you've already had your birthday, oh and if you are not 100 years old . To get it to work next year, you'll have to add 1013 and, again, it will have to be after your birthday and you'll have to be less than 100.

The secret to your age is multiplying a multiple of 5 by 20. Anytime you do this, you will end up with a multiple of 100. 100, 200, 300, ..., notice they all have 00 on the end. Simply add something with 12 on the end since it is 2012 and subtract the year you were born and you have your age.

As far as the shoe size (you actually can call that number whatever you want to, IQ, # of kids, # of stamps, it will still work)...I see what is going on mathematically, but I can't think right now of how to put it into words.

BTW, you can get same answer by taking your shoe size, adding 10, multiplying by 100, adding 1012 and then subtracting the year you were born.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #4038
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMarie View Post
DH here. So, it will actually only work for this year and only if you've already had your birthday, oh and if you are not 100 years old . To get it to work next year, you'll have to add 1013 and, again, it will have to be after your birthday and you'll have to be less than 100.

The secret to your age is multiplying a multiple of 5 by 20. Anytime you do this, you will end up with a multiple of 100. 100, 200, 300, ..., notice they all have 00 on the end. Simply add something with 12 on the end since it is 2012 and subtract the year you were born and you have your age.

As far as the shoe size (you actually can call that number whatever you want to, IQ, # of kids, # of stamps, it will still work)...I see what is going on mathematically, but I can't think right now of how to put it into words.

BTW, you can get same answer by taking your shoe size, adding 10, multiplying by 100, adding 1012 and then subtracting the year you were born.

I suppose at this time of year, there would be very few people this wouldn't work out for, since there aren't many days left in the year.

And thanks to Jen's DH for why it works.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #4039
Chat Box Chick Enabler

...he had an excel sheet going...
Old 12-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #4040
Chat Box Chick Enabler

We are watching last night's NCIS.