Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #1361
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, this is different

George's First Communion card by moster - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 10-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #1362
Stazon Splitcoast

Heading out.

Nite.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #1363
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

morning
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #1364

oy- i am tired- no ball games on tonight (that I want to watch) so I MUST go to bed early- I am giving you all permission to fuss at me
Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #1365
Watercolor Wizard

Morning.........rough night, gonna be running on 3 hrs sleep on a Monday, yikes!

One the plus side....DIL2 goes back to Dr. today. She is 36 weeks. We should have our little Grandson (Sam) within month.

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #1366
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
So sorry that you're feeling bad. Did they say if you're going to stop being diabetic when you stop chemo? My fil was diabetic when he was on steroids after his heart transplant, but once he stopped the steroids he stopped being diabetic.

Are you off on Monday for Columbus Day?
It is chemo induced diabetes, and the doctor has high hopes that I will no longer be diabetic when we finish this chemo journey (which is at least 2 more years)
Old 10-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #1367
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
I'm hoping being an SU demo will help me NOT buy other product brands. Just that limitation would help me pare down quite a bit.
It sure makes me think on buying something not SU..
Old 10-08-2012, 05:20 AM   #1368
Watercolor Wizard

Today might be Columbus Day, but it is not a school holiday.

I called into SUBTEACH this agency we are using this year for subs, just wierd to call into a voice mail system and leave your info....

I rarely take off the Monday's after chemo -- Usually I take off chemo Friday and go back to work on Monday.

Slept late this morning -- have a headache and don't plan on doing much.... really going to use this day for rest
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #1369
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning. Extra tired here too. Didn't help that ds1's alarm went off already at 5:30 and then kept hitting snooze until he got up 6:45am.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #1370
Stazon Splitcoast

Arlene, sorry this is such a rough chemo weekend. Hope the rest does you good (or is it well?!)

Last edited by laurlynn; 10-08-2012 at 05:29 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #1371
CBC Lady Violet

Old 10-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #1372
Stazon Splitcoast

How is it my kids always manage to lose their mittens? Another Monday morning and no one can find their mittens that they just had yesterday.

Or they manage to lose one of them. We have plenty of mittens/gloves for the left hand only.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #1373
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

How does it feel to have a long weekend while the rest of us head off to work?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #1374
Stazon Splitcoast

Off I go. Have a good day.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #1375
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

How does it feel to have a long weekend while the rest of us head off to work?
It feels good to have a day off. Work has really been stressful and it doesn't look like changing anytime soon.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #1376
CBC Lady Violet

A lot of traffic on the road today. Given that about the only thing open today are restaurants (and most don't open until 11) and movie theatres (which don't open until afternoon I don't think) - I'm very curious where all these people are actually going.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #1377
CBC Lady Violet

Debating what I want to do about my stitching. Last year, when I was stitching the piece for my Dad, I looked at another pattern in the same book and thought, "you know, I really should stitch that piece for person x". As soon as I was done with Dad's piece though, I had to get cracking on with the puppets & other Christmas projects, so I set the idea aside. After Christmas, I got started on the anniversary piece for my parents, and have been working on other projects - but I did order a piece of fabric and some of the specialty thread needed for the project. About a month ago, I started working on a large-ish fall project for me (6 pages of pattern - I'm done one of the smaller pages of pattern and am now working on a second page.) and I figure I will be doing very well if I finish this project in six months (but I think it could likely take me quite a bit longer). I also have another 8x10 piece on the go for myself (but it is a hard-to-see stitch, so I only work on it in small bits and which will get done when it gets done! Not pushing or worrying about it), a mediumish piece (about 5x7) for a friend (which is my Tuesday night piece), a small ornament (for me, which I want to finish for my tree this year) and square for a charity quilt (which will be finished in a week or two as I expect it to take less than 10 hours).
Anyway, yesterday I found out that person x will be moving away in about 6 weeks. Now, there is no way, even if I started the piece for them today, that I could be finished it before they move away (unless I quit my job & stay home stitching all day ), particularly since I do need to order more specialty thread still. But I'm debating whether to finish the fall piece for me, and then move on to the one for person x, or whether I should set it aside for now and work on the one for person x. I already have too many projects on the go, and am working to get some of them finished up 'cause having so many is making me crazy. Person x has no idea I have plans to stitch them a piece, and they will appreciate it regardless of when they get it.
What to do, what to do............ *sigh* Sorry guys, just trying to talk it through. But how I wish I'd started this piece for person x ages ago because then it would be finished or nearly finished by now!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #1378
Duchess of CBCs

Happy Thanksgiving Kelly!

I don't know what to tell you about the stitching. I was just thinking this weekend that I need to switch from cards to stitching so I can finish the Advent calendar that I started 5 years ago and so I can work on the one for DS too...

I so want them to have these, but I just don't know if I will ever be able to get them done. And they are relatively easy for people who do cross stitch.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #1379
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstampinaddict View Post

I don't know what to tell you about the stitching. I was just thinking this weekend that I need to switch from cards to stitching so I can finish the Advent calendar that I started 5 years ago and so I can work on the one for DS too...

I so want them to have these, but I just don't know if I will ever be able to get them done. And they are relatively easy for people who do cross stitch.
Why not work on them one day a week? You will see progress that way. It might take a while, but they will get done.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #1380
CBC Lady Violet

HA! The lady organizing the quilt block stitching said the block only took her 3 hours to stitch. She must be the speediest stitcher on record. I'm going to be three hours or thereabouts just stitching the border. Then I still have to do all the fill-in (though that will go a little faster since there won't be any counting - just straight stitching).
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #1381
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstampinaddict View Post

Or you could just buy Lego advent calendars each year and not worry with the stitching
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #1382
CBC Lady Violet

I actually bought wooden finish-your-own advent calenders for Handsome & Pretty Girl. IIRC, I just painted them white, and then used scrapbook papers etc. to finish them & do the doors & numbers etc. I really wanted the Karen Foster one, but couldn't find it that year, so ended up buying something at Ms. I've thought about buying the karen Foster ones since & doing it for the rest of the kids. Not this year, since I am making other stuff, but maybe someday.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #1383
CBC Lady Violet

Wow. Just came across this article: Your right to resell your own stuff is in peril - Jennifer Waters's Consumer Confidential - MarketWatch

I would think this has implications for selling use stamps etc.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #1384
CBC Lady Violet

PETA attacks Pokemon for promoting animal abuse - Weird News - Canoe.ca Seriously? They are protesting a cartoon?
Maybe they should put this much effort into feeding starving children or something.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #1385
CBC Lady Violet

Oy. Building next door has jacked up the volume on their loudspeaker system. I can hear every word clearly.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #1386
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I'm guessing that person X rates high enough on the scale to be worthy of a piece that maybe you can do it later or their next birthday ( if its far off in the great yonder of time) and also assuming they are not a very very old person that time is of the essence of either. It would just be how much is it going to cost to ship it later framed and or is it something soft like a wall hanging or a towel or a pillow that would ship cheaper then a framed piece and things like that go through my head when I read the what if's?

are they the kind of mobile person that would be coming back to the town you live in to visit in the future? (where if they had a car you could send it home with them one trip?)
Old 10-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #1387
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post

I'm guessing that person X rates high enough on the scale to be worthy of a piece that maybe you can do it later or their next birthday ( if its far off in the great yonder of time) and also assuming they are not a very very old person that time is of the essence of either. It would just be how much is it going to cost to ship it later framed and or is it something soft like a wall hanging or a towel or a pillow that would ship cheaper then a framed piece and things like that go through my head when I read the what if's?

are they the kind of mobile person that would be coming back to the town you live in to visit in the future? (where if they had a car you could send it home with them one trip?)
I probably would give it to them unframed. They will likely be back in town at some point, but when I have no idea. They are not someone I normally give gifts to, but a close family friend who is moving away.
At the moment, I am leaning toward setting aside what I'm working on to stitch the piece, but not rushing to finish it. I do need to spend time on my Christmas cards etc., so thinking to just put whatever time I would have spent stitching anyway towards this, and then whatever parts aren't done to really go at it in January. I would LOVE to finish and give it to them before they leave, but I know that is completely unrealistic at this point. (If I had known even a month ago, it would have been doable, but on this short notice, it just isn't.)
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #1388
CBC Lady Violet

Can I just say that the treble crochet stitch is annoying me?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #1389
CBC Lady Violet

WHEE!! Dishcloth 12 almost complete. I don't have any red yarn to make the bow, but that is all I have left (it is supposed to look like a wreath).
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #1390
Watercolor Wizard

I'm cold! It is not any colder inside the house than usual, guess it's just the idea of
it getting colder outside that is bugging me.The rest of the week is supposed to be slightly warmer than today. Weather dude is saying cooler weather is here to stay, but so far, no frost. I have daylilies that are still blooming

Going to be an early night for me. 3 hours sleep last night is starting to get to me.

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #1391

evening!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #1392
Chat Box Hippy Chick

weather dude
Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #1393
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello, all! How is everything? I'm taking a much needed break from the rigors of rewriting Alexa. So, I went looking for tag ideas and...

Christmas Gift Tags/Ornaments Large Embossed by anistadesigns

What die is that? I need it!!!

What's everyone up to?
Old 10-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #1394
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chautona View Post
Hello, all! How is everything? I'm taking a much needed break from the rigors of rewriting Alexa. So, I went looking for tag ideas and...

Christmas Gift Tags/Ornaments Large Embossed by anistadesigns

What die is that? I need it!!!

What's everyone up to?
Hmmmmmm........ not sure. The gold embossing is definitely SU!'s Baroque Motifs.
I think spellbinders has a Christmas tree die, as does sizzix I think. Maybe one of those?
Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #1395
Stazon Splitcoast

This is what is happening around our house

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...06521805_o.jpg

Bomb threat. Robot is out there.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #1396
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I have a sizzix Christmas tree but, its skinnier I think then that one... ( or its the angle it shot it at)

not sure. but, am home finally and really want a nap.

Hi C! (btw we was wondering when you'd come up for air again )
Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #1397

goodness!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #1398
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

oh that is horrible, are you being evacuated?
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #1399

just placed an order- needed some stamp cases I am determined to get all of my stuff into them! So, I ordered 2 sets of 4, the stamp out breast cancer set, and some twinkle stickers
Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #1400
Stazon Splitcoast

Hiliarious. They won't let us leave, but the paper says we're being evacuated. SNORT.