Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #1321
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #1322
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene Bridges View Post
I slept well but it has been a confusing 24 hrs.

THis weekend I cannot seem to win for losing. Ugh.... feel crappy... and think I am going to call in for tomorrow too.... I rarely ever take the Monday off after chemo, but to me something is way off today.

So sorry that you're feeling bad. Did they say if you're going to stop being diabetic when you stop chemo? My fil was diabetic when he was on steroids after his heart transplant, but once he stopped the steroids he stopped being diabetic.

Are you off on Monday for Columbus Day?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #1323
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Hey Jen! I know it has gone way too fast and I've done absolutely nothing fun.

I think everyone else ran away just before I popped in.
What types of things are you regretting getting rid of? I'm thinking of pairing down some of my stuff, but I'm afraid that once I get rid of something that I'm going to "need" it.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #1324
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMarie View Post
Hi gals...how did the weekend go so fast??
It has gone WAY too fast and I feel like I've accomplished nothing. But then, I need to remember that this is normal for this time of year for me and not sweat it, but somehow I always do. But I was never very good at telling myself to have patience with myself.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #1325
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
No, just helping ds2 with his homework AGAIN! Two+ full days with his father (who knows that there is late homework to be done) and he comes home with ONLY 2 of 8 assignments completed. I'm just livid and it's part his fault for not asking for help and totally his dad's fault for not "checking" on him and making sure he's not distracted. There was a 9th assignment too but I made sure that one was done before he even left on Friday. *sigh* okay taking a breath now...sorry.
How old is ds2?

to soon to be not so dh

Guess we know what your ds2 will be doing on his day off tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #1326
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by misse336 View Post
What types of things are you regretting getting rid of? I'm thinking of pairing down some of my stuff, but I'm afraid that once I get rid of something that I'm going to "need" it.
When I was thinking of getting rid of some stamps, I put them in a box for nearly a year. If I went to get them out of that box in that year, I kept them. If I didn't reach for them at all, in the box they stayed. They've now been in a box at my mother's for another 6 months. I should get them back from her and put them up for sale online.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #1327
Watercolor Wizard

I'm hoping being an SU demo will help me NOT buy other product brands. Just that limitation would help me pare down quite a bit.

"Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 10-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #1328
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
When I was thinking of getting rid of some stamps, I put them in a box for nearly a year. If I went to get them out of that box in that year, I kept them. If I didn't reach for them at all, in the box they stayed. They've now been in a box at my mother's for another 6 months. I should get them back from her and put them up for sale online.
I have some stamps that I've not used in more than a year.....
Old 10-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #1329
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Some people here warned you. That's why some are saying to put your other stuff in a box for a while before getting rid of it cold turkey...I can't recall at this very second what it was for, art supplies or drawing or something.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #1330
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
No, just helping ds2 with his homework AGAIN! Two+ full days with his father (who knows that there is late homework to be done) and he comes home with ONLY 2 of 8 assignments completed. I'm just livid and it's part his fault for not asking for help and totally his dad's fault for not "checking" on him and making sure he's not distracted. There was a 9th assignment too but I made sure that one was done before he even left on Friday. *sigh* okay taking a breath now...sorry.
Oy! Maybe you need a rule that if his homework isn't completed during the week that he has to stay home from dads and do homework.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #1331
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
not most of the stamps but all of the cardstock and markers and ink pads definitely.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #1332
Stazon Splitcoast

I need someone to go through all of the kids clothing and remove the summer clothing, have them try on the winter clothing/put the winter clothing in the drawers and write a list of what each child needs for the fall/winter. Getting all of the needed clothing items for the winter for me would be a nice bonus too.

Sigh, I dread this each season change. I already tried ds1's dressy pants on him since we have needed them for church the past 2 Sundays and none of his pairs from last year fit. I'm guessing that none/few of his jeans/windbreakers are going to fit either, not to mention long sleeved shirts. Sigh....
Old 10-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #1333
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmom View Post
I'm hoping being an SU demo will help me NOT buy other product brands. Just that limitation would help me pare down quite a bit.
wellll just so you know... when I was a demo it didn't stop me from buying other stuff. I hated sticking to just what SU had
Old 10-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #1334
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
not most of the stamps but all of the cardstock and markers and ink pads definitely.
I was only thinking of getting rid of some stamps at this point.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #1335
Stazon Splitcoast

I only have to go through one kids clothes and I haven't even done that yet.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #1336
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
I need someone to go through all of the kids clothing and remove the summer clothing, have them try on the winter clothing/put the winter clothing in the drawers and write a list of what each child needs for the fall/winter. Getting all of the needed clothing items for the winter for me would be a nice bonus too.

Sigh, I dread this each season change. I already tried ds1's dressy pants on him since we have needed them for church the past 2 Sundays and none of his pairs from last year fit. I'm guessing that none/few of his jeans/windbreakers are going to fit either, not to mention long sleeved shirts. Sigh....
Oh how I remember hating this as a kid. Still do. But I find that most of the time I still need short sleeves in the winter, 'cause the office is too hot for me otherwise. so I get lucky by buying mostly short-sleeved, some 3/4 sleeved, and a few long sleeved. As for sweaters, well, other than really thin ones or 3/4 sleeves ones.... I don't think my warm long-sleeved ones have even been out of the bin I store them in in at least 2 years and some of them 4 years.
I do need to go shopping for a new casual zip up sweater/hoodie though. Need a new one for skating etc. My current one has holes...
Old 10-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #1337
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I only have to go through one kids clothes and I haven't even done that yet.
Does he whine about trying on clothing? You would think that I was torturing the kids instead of just asking them to try on clothing. If clothing companies would just make their clothing the same size as each other it would make my life much easier.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #1338
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
How old is ds2?

to soon to be not so dh

Guess we know what your ds2 will be doing on his day off tomorrow.
Ds2 just turned 12 in June, 7th grade.

We have school tomorrow, no time off for Columbus day or Veterans day but we'll have off for MLK and Presidents Day.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #1339
Stazon Splitcoast

M is the same way about it. I think he would rather I pulled out his fingernails one at a time than try on clothes.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #1340
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Going through that right now. Thought I got rid of all the boys' pants that are too short, ds2 was wearing a pair Friday. Now, ds1 is up a size and into the husky size. Hate to think about buying huskies because he's also at that growth spurt age too.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #1341
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
wellll just so you know... when I was a demo it didn't stop me from buying other stuff. I hated sticking to just what SU had
I didn't just do SU either. How can you limit it to just one company.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #1342
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I didn't just do SU either. How can you limit it to just one company.
I definitely couldn't do it.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #1343
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

I don't have tomorrow off- or Veteran's Day. We get MLK but Pres. day is a student holiday only (we have to go) BUT, I get fall break on the 18th and 19th of this month!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #1344
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Going through that right now. Thought I got rid of all the boys' pants that are too short, ds2 was wearing a pair Friday. Now, ds1 is up a size and into the husky size. Hate to think about buying huskies because he's also at that growth spurt age too.
I know that once I buy ds1 or dd clothing that they're going to have a growth spurt and I'll have to start all over again.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #1345

and I definitely don't do just a|s- I do what strikes my fancy
Old 10-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #1346
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamijo View Post
I don't have tomorrow off- or Veteran's Day. We get MLK but Pres. day is a student holiday only (we have to go) BUT, I get fall break on the 18th and 19th of this month!
No fall break here (or spring break for that matter ), but we do get off on Veterans Day and Columbus Day. For President's Day the kids have off two days - one of the days is a trade off day which means if the teachers do an inservice in the summer they get both days off, but if they didn't do any inservice days in the summer they have to go to inservice on one of the days of President's Day weekend. MLK day is also a trade off day.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #1347
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamijo View Post
We have those same two days off this month for the Minnesota Education convention (or whatever they call it now) and also the 17th for a staff development day.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #1348
Stazon Splitcoast

Actually I guess we get Mon and Tues off this year for MLK day. Seems they took the extra day off they were giving for the Fri before winter break (which would have been two weeks plus a day) and canceled it and put it with the Jan break. I'd think Fri/Mon would have been better but that's just me.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #1349
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, looking at the calendar, I guess it's technically a staff development day so since they need to work, why put it as part of the long winter break. Now it makes sense.

They also do monthly grade level planning sessions which the grade teachers meet and subs are brought in. Seems to be lots of subs lately since last year and then they worry about the kids not doing as well as they should.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #1350
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ok, looking at the calendar, I guess it's technically a staff development day so since they need to work, why put it as part of the long winter break. Now it makes sense.

They also do monthly grade level planning sessions which the grade teachers meet and subs are brought in. Seems to be lots of subs lately since last year and then they worry about the kids not doing as well as they should.
The meetings probably aren't the entire day though are they? Seems like a lot of money to spend on subs though if they do it for all of the teachers once a month.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #1351
Stazon Splitcoast

Off to read for a little while. Night!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #1352
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The meetings probably aren't the entire day though are they? Seems like a lot of money to spend on subs though if they do it for all of the teachers once a month.
It's at least half a day, at least last week when I was helping the first grade.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #1353
Stazon Splitcoast

Night Misse. I'll be heading out after the news, which is about another hour.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #1354
CBC Lady Violet

I used to wish we got a few more PD/PA days than we did. We got 5 a year. 2 in November for the annual teacher's conference, and 1 each term to work on report cards. That was it.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #1355

night
Old 10-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #1356
CBC Lady Violet

WHEEEE!!! Dishcloth #11 complete!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #1357
CBC Lady Violet

For those of you who do teacher gifts: Gift Ideas / Green is for the inspiration you give me each day. Blue is for your patience in showing me the way. Orange is for your warmth and caring style. Yellow is for the way you always make me smile. Red is for my life that you have touched this
Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #1358
Stazon Splitcoast

Love it!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #1359
Stazon Splitcoast

One of the local ski places was open today...it was cold enough to make snow. They said one side had the ski/snow, the other side had the go-carts, boats, and canoes. Just crazy.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #1360
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
One of the local ski places was open today...it was cold enough to make snow. They said one side had the ski/snow, the other side had the go-carts, boats, and canoes. Just crazy.
Several places in Canada had snow this past week. My brother & his family flew to Hawaii on Friday. It was below zero when they left their house, and +27C when they landed in Kona. So they went through a more than 30 degree temperature change.