Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 07-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #1921
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Oh and the treat got caught in the middle of the toy and I had to bang it on the floor to get the treat out!!!! I need HELP here. Never had this problem. Oh I refuse to get raw hide.

I had a dog that I physically had to remove rawhide from his throat because he was choking, he would have died if I was not home when it happened. My hubby was out running errands when this happened. I cried for an hour after he got home I was so scared.

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 07-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #1922
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

calling petco to see if I can return/exchange toy. Wish me luck!

"The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

Unread 07-11-2017, 03:59 PM   #1923
Stazon Splitcoast

They will due a one time return with a suggestion on a new purchase. Got to eat dinner and run back out.

Unread 07-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #1924
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
I forgot all about the stamp show last weekend. Good thing I didn't pre-purchase the ticket. Of course, it might have helped me remember about it.

I have bought two tickets for the stamp show on the 29th for my dd and myself. Been saving since January for it. Then going to go through my old old pif'ing stamps and maybe try to sell some. Like the house mouse stamps. Yes they are cute but have to be careful who I send a mouse image to KWIM! lol

Unread 07-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #1925
CBC Lady Violet

Not having a dog, I'm probably not much help, but lilsis2 has a dog that chews through toys like crazy too. He's killed more than a few toys. He got hold of a tennis ball one day and that thing was history inside of 3 minutes. Except for this stuffie toy which he apparently loves, so hasn't chewed to bits. One thing that she bought for him which seems to last the longest is a rope type toy something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/Mammoth-Dog-To...e+toy+for+dogs
His current favourite toy is partially deflated soccer ball. It has enough air that it still rolls, but the partial deflation means he can grab it in his mouth.
One thing I heard recently, but which I have no idea if it is actually true, although it sounds reasonable, is that multiple sizes of balls, particularly ones that are too large to bite, are a good toy. Apparently, because they roll, dogs can "herd" them, which satifies some instinct they have. I thought it was an interesting idea, although I don't know anyone that has tried it.
Unread 07-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #1926
CBC Lady Violet

I've been sick for 4-5 days now. Had to call in sick to work yesterday and today. Horrible, horrible digestive system bug that has hit several family members. I ate nothing at all Saturday or Sunday. Yesterday had half a roll and half an apple and was still ill. Today is the first that I've actually felt hungry and eaten anything that has stayed in my system.
Unread 07-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #1927
CBC Lady Violet

And of course, not having much in my stomach, I've been spending my evening battling heartburn. Since it isn't something I generally experience, I've no meds in the house for it. *sigh*
Unread 07-11-2017, 09:35 PM   #1928
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
And of course, not having much in my stomach, I've been spending my evening battling heartburn. Since it isn't something I generally experience, I've no meds in the house for it. *sigh*
Hope you feel better soon
Unread 07-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #1929
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 07-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #1930
Stazon Splitcoast

My sil got a similar rope toy for their dog.
Unread 07-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #1931
CBC Lady Violet

I am SUCH a maroon today! Intended to pop into the pharmacy (which I have to WALK past to get from the office to the bus) and get something for heartburn. Did I remember to do that? No. Am I home & in my jammies now? Yes. Do I have heartburn again? Yes. *sigh*
Unread 07-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #1932
CBC Lady Violet

Leslie - spoke with my sister of the chewing dog, and both she & my Mom said hit up the dollar store for toys. Apparently the stuffed toys and squeaker dog toys they bought there have lasted much longer than the expensive pet store ones.
lesliespringer likes this post.
Unread 07-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #1933
CBC Lady Violet

Finally remembered to buy heartburn stuff today, because it was bothering me while I was in the mall (buying birthday present for lilsis). I just wanted a small package, because I am hoping this stops within the next couple days. Try finding one! All these enormous bottles with 100s of tablets. Finally found one small packet that was 3 small rolls of 8, and bought that. Didn't look at the brand, strength, price or anything else - all I cared about was that it was a reasonably-size (IMO) package. I surely feel sorry for anyone who has so much heartburn that they are needing those large bottles, because it has certainly driven me crazy the last couple days!
Unread 07-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #1934
Stazon Splitcoast

When I was pregnant with my last kid, I went through one of those warehouse club giant sized bottles of Tums. I put a pic of it in the scrapbook as well, never needed it before then. Now I get the regular size at the store that seems to last a long while, although ds2 has been needing them lately. Mine is probably from the soda drinking.

Here at Target in the travel size section I think I've seen the small bottles of Tums. The single roll of Rolaids seem to be at the checkouts at the drugstores. Of course now I'll be on the lookout.
Unread 07-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #1935
Stazon Splitcoast

Speaking of House Mouse, my dad's Father's Day card was the mice with the bucket/pan of popcorn. (Just saw Leslie's post again before I scrolled down.)

I have a few birthdays coming up quickly so I need to make a few more cards. The majority of them are for teenage or near teenage boys...always so hard.
Unread 07-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #1936
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Leslie, maybe she needs some rawhide type things to "chew" on,

I have had labs and mine did not destroy their frisbees and they have been knawing on them for years.
Unread 07-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #1937
CBC Lady Violet

Oh Leslie, I forgot too - lilsis says if you have a chewer, then you have to buy the really heavy duty black cong toy - she says that one is pretty much indestructible.
Unread 07-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #1938
CBC Lady Violet

Stamp club this coming week and I am hostess. And I have absolutely no clue what I want to order........
Unread 07-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #1939
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
Leslie, maybe she needs some rawhide type things to "chew" on,

I have had labs and mine did not destroy their frisbees and they have been knawing on them for years.
I had a dog that chocked on rawhide stuck in hi is throat. Hubby was not home at the time. I had to run his throat and get the rawhide out. I thought his was going to die he was chocking so much. I got it out and decided never to use rawhide again.

When I went back to Percocet to return the chewed toy the person helping me said rawhide is the worst thing to give a dog. Especially a dog that loves to chew.

Also found out today my little meg loves to get into the bathroom waste baskets and play with all the Kleenex in the basket. What a mess I had three times today! We are not used to keeping bathroom doors closed around here. But we are learning now! Lol. Learning fast.
Unread 07-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #1940
Stazon Splitcoast

Just like chasing after little kids, right Leslie?! Lol
lesliespringer and JBgreendawn like this post.
Unread 07-17-2017, 05:57 AM   #1941
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

will the trash can fit under the sink? (I am assuming you have a sink with cupboard doors on it) ( might be easier than closing a door you normally keep open)

did they show you something instead of for her to chew on?
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:45 AM   #1942
Stazon Splitcoast

We are keeping all bedroom doors closed,and the kids bathroom door closed. I now have to close the bathroom too when I go, because now meg follows me everywhere I go. The funniest so far is when my fitbit buzz to remind me to get my 250 steps in every hour, I sometimes just wall around the family room through the kitchen and around the family room again to get my steps in. Meg now follows me walking my little path to get my last few steps in for the hour.

The other day I had to get the full 250 steps in, fitbit buzzes you 10 mins before the hour, so I was to lazy to just walk down the stairs to the basement for the treadmill. So I walked my little path through both rooms. Meg followed me for 5 laps and then laid down on her pillow and watched me with a look on her face like I was nuts. This even amused my hubby!

JBgreendawn likes this post.
Unread 07-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #1943
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't believe I just typed all that up and I am listening to her chew on a chew bone, and click click of the nails on the kitchen floor, I don't hear her. Got up to look, I left my bedroom door open. I walk into my bedroom and find meg holding my eos lip balm container in her mouth, Seriously, but trash was fine.

Also found out yesterday Meg likes cactuses. My dd has 5 that she bought an replanted to bring back to school. she put them on the patio table yesterday after watering them for some sun. Meg got at two of the cactuses twice, so then dd put them in her bedroom, though she closed her door all the way. Meg brings dd a cactus while my dd is on the sofa watching tv. My dd was fit to be tied yesterday, she was so upset with Meg. Sorta of thinking a younger dog would have been better but I did not want all the bending over as to picking the pup up and getting it out side all the time for potty training and with the additional clean up in the house. With meg we only had 3 accidents in the house and she is good now on potty training.

Meg also is good walking on a leash and no problems with eating her food either. Guess got to give and take a bit.

JBgreendawn likes this post.
Unread 07-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #1944
Stazon Splitcoast

Yesterday was our 29th wedding anniversary. We did an early celebration Saturday. We went to The Melting Pot in St. Louis AND yes I made the ride there without getting dizzy, enjoyed our dinner and made the drive home without getting dizzy. I was so impressed with myself!

So yesterday we had a nice low key dinner with the kids. I can't believe it's been 29 years. My hubby said if we had our kids earlier we would be empty nesters right now. Well now, I had to blame him for that one. Every time I ask if we could start a family he said not ready yet, we have no money. I reminded him of that last night and he denied it, said that's not how he remembered it. lol

Silly man it was all his fault I was an advanced maternal age pregnant woman!!!!!lol

Anemone and JBgreendawn like this post.
Unread 07-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #1945
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

you guys are really close to being empty nesters though... your kids are college age now right?
Unread 07-17-2017, 01:33 PM   #1946
Stazon Splitcoast

Leslie, funny. Bet it was cute watching the dog give up walking with you. I imagine dd would be fit to be tied about the cactus. Smart little dog you got there.
Unread 07-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #1947
CBC Lady Violet

I was totally laughing when I read the cactus story. Too funny. I tend to think of all cacti as being very prickly, so I was quite astonished that the dog would even touch it, as I would have assumed it would have gotten poked. Lilsis' dog is quite a well-behaved dog. Doesn't do random barking at stuff/people, does hop up on the furniture - knows he can hop up only if his dog bed is there and he must stay in his dog bed (he sheds like crazy, and Mom doesn't want to have to clean up dog hair off every piece of furniture every day, and he is very happy to sit up beside someone if there is someone around and if not will go up and lie on lilsis' bed waiting for her to come home. He loves to play though, and is very gentle - which makes him great for the nieces & nephews as they are ecstatic to play ball with him in the yard, and it is safe to let him out to be with them.
Unread 07-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #1948
CBC Lady Violet

Finally decided on my stamp club order. My hostess turn too, and I ended up with quite a bit more hostess $$ than I expected too, which was nice. I think I must have cleared a good third of my wish list.
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #1949
CBC Lady Violet

You know it is waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too humid when you take a cold shower to cool off and after you towel dry, you still have to go stand in front of the fan to get the moisture dried off your skin..........

Have closed up the house & turned on the ac.
Unread 07-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #1950
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
you guys are really close to being empty nesters though... your kids are college age now right?
DD will start her 2nd year of college mid august. DS graduated in May. Had all 4 of his wisdom teeth removed after his 18th bday in june. We have a family 75th bday/family reunion on Aug 5th. He does not want to go to college as of yet, actually who knows when. He will start looking for a job after the family gathering. He did not want to take the chance of actually getting a job and then being told he can't have that weekend off. So the nice mom I am, I gave him a pass because of his teeth , well holes healing and the family gathering to look for a job afterwards.

So he is enjoying his time off, but getting a little sassy when I ask him to do something for me.

Today I was out running errands and spent an unexpected hour visiting with a girlfriend. I was behind making dinner. DS comes out of his room and I asked him if he could go in the garage to find the poop shovel we used with our other dog, cause I am getting really tired of bending over and using a plastic bag to hand pick up the poop.

His response was, I just came out for some water and you have to ask me to do something?! Guess he was "napping". I didn't ask him to do anything today and I get sass for asking to find the pooper scooper! Seriously. Again the nice mom that I am I ignored his response and said PLEASE!

Unread 07-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #1951
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I was totally laughing when I read the cactus story. Too funny. I tend to think of all cacti as being very prickly, so I was quite astonished that the dog would even touch it, as I would have assumed it would have gotten poked. Lilsis' dog is quite a well-behaved dog. Doesn't do random barking at stuff/people, does hop up on the furniture - knows he can hop up only if his dog bed is there and he must stay in his dog bed (he sheds like crazy, and Mom doesn't want to have to clean up dog hair off every piece of furniture every day, and he is very happy to sit up beside someone if there is someone around and if not will go up and lie on lilsis' bed waiting for her to come home. He loves to play though, and is very gentle - which makes him great for the nieces & nephews as they are ecstatic to play ball with him in the yard, and it is safe to let him out to be with them.

Actually only one was a prickly cactus, the other my dd so nicely reminded me are called succulents. I guess there is a difference, to me they are all cactus

Unread 07-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #1952
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliespringer View Post
DD will start her 2nd year of college mid august. DS graduated in May. Had all 4 of his wisdom teeth removed after his 18th bday in june. We have a family 75th bday/family reunion on Aug 5th. He does not want to go to college as of yet, actually who knows when. He will start looking for a job after the family gathering. He did not want to take the chance of actually getting a job and then being told he can't have that weekend off. So the nice mom I am, I gave him a pass because of his teeth , well holes healing and the family gathering to look for a job afterwards.

So he is enjoying his time off, but getting a little sassy when I ask him to do something for me.

Today I was out running errands and spent an unexpected hour visiting with a girlfriend. I was behind making dinner. DS comes out of his room and I asked him if he could go in the garage to find the poop shovel we used with our other dog, cause I am getting really tired of bending over and using a plastic bag to hand pick up the poop.

His response was, I just came out for some water and you have to ask me to do something?! Guess he was "napping". I didn't ask him to do anything today and I get sass for asking to find the pooper scooper! Seriously. Again the nice mom that I am I ignored his response and said PLEASE!
'Here's my thought- for every time he sasses- talks back, doesn't do what's asked in a timely manner, he has a consequence. you have given him a pass- that doesn't mean he doesn't have to do anything. Even being at my parent's house now I still have my jobs (since I am not paying rent). Maybe it could be he has to pay $1 to you (or put it in a jar with the ending money to be spent on ???)
Unread 07-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #1953
CBC Lady Violet

All I can say is thank goodness for fans & ac! Supposed to be quite hot &humid today (and most of this week), so, while I don't normally leave the ac & fans running when I am at work during the day, today was one of those days that Iknew if I let the apartment heat up, I'd be fighting to get teh temp down all week.
So I left the ac & all three big tower fans running while I was gone all day.
So glad I did. Came home and the thermostat is still sitting at 80F............
Unread 07-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #1954
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamijo View Post
'Here's my thought- for every time he sasses- talks back, doesn't do what's asked in a timely manner, he has a consequence. you have given him a pass- that doesn't mean he doesn't have to do anything. Even being at my parent's house now I still have my jobs (since I am not paying rent). Maybe it could be he has to pay $1 to you (or put it in a jar with the ending money to be spent on ???)

I have threaten to lower his allowance and grass cutting money and use it for my stamping fund. That usually puts a smile on his face and lightens the mood. I just think he woke up from a nap.

Oh he did find the pooper scooper for me. Now who will scoop???

Unread 07-18-2017, 04:31 PM   #1955
CBC Lady Violet

Leslie, what about giving him a set amount of time per day or week (like 1 hour per day or 7 hours per week) that he needs to give to you to contribute to the house instead of doing nothing? Give him a list of things that need doing. He can do the hour or 7 hours or whatever whenever in the day or week he wants, but he has to do them. My parents used to make us get up in the morning & do an hour of chores before we were free to do anything while we were on school holidays. I always, especially when I was a teenager, was annoyed about that. I hated that I never got to sleep in. I wouldn't have minded doing the chores so much if I could have slept in, and done them later in the day when I felt like it.
Unread 07-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #1956
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Leslie, what about giving him a set amount of time per day or week (like 1 hour per day or 7 hours per week) that he needs to give to you to contribute to the house instead of doing nothing? Give him a list of things that need doing. He can do the hour or 7 hours or whatever whenever in the day or week he wants, but he has to do them. My parents used to make us get up in the morning & do an hour of chores before we were free to do anything while we were on school holidays. I always, especially when I was a teenager, was annoyed about that. I hated that I never got to sleep in. I wouldn't have minded doing the chores so much if I could have slept in, and done them later in the day when I felt like it.
Dsl has his chores that he does regularly. Usually with no sass. Sometime I have to remind him a few times but chore do get done.

Today he was a sweetie. I had a throat scope procedure done. He got up early to go to my appointment with me and drove me home. He kept an eye on meg while I slept the anistsia off and let her out when needed. I really could not bend over. The anistsia stayed with most of the day. I should be sleeping or at least listening to a book and not getting cross eyed being on the net-scs
Unread Yesterday, 01:51 PM   #1957
Stazon Splitcoast

Look what I got today!!
Anemone likes this post.