Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 03-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #1561
CBC Lady Violet

Adorable!

And agreed! I had a headache today, and I think that is the first one I have had since moving in here.
At the old place, the odour pretty much had me having one at least 3-4 nights a week.
JBgreendawn likes this post.
Unread 03-18-2017, 09:12 AM   #1562
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon. Day 2 of a fever for me. So much to do this weekend and here I sit. My boss is off Monday so hoping to be well enough to go to work. At least there's an NCIS marathon on. Head hurts too much to watch but I can listen just fine.
Unread 03-18-2017, 09:35 AM   #1563
CBC Lady Violet

(((Laurie)))
Unread 03-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #1564
CBC Lady Violet

And I thought the $5 under 100g dark choclate bunny (the only one I've found safe for me to eat) at my local chocolate shop was expensive.Charbonnel & Walker Egg, handmade in dark English chocolate & decorated with spring blossoms in chocolate piping, weighs 10.5kg & measure 70cm high,*650 Charbonnel & Walker* | Sweet stuff: the most incredible Easter eggs - Luxury

You can click on an invidivual one to see just that one, or you can click on the first one & then scroll through the gallery of them all.
I think that some of them are really not al that impressive, but some of them are really cool & were clearly a lot of work by a master chocolatier. Some of them are also ridiculous - I mean really, who needs a 100kg chocolate egg? That is years of chocolate supply for one person.
Unread 03-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #1565
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I dunno 5 dollars sounds like a bargain ( IF you really want the chocolate, finding safe ones has to be way cheaper than eating a bad one and suffering through an ER visit)

but the painting on the spendy one is awesome
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 03-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #1566
CBC Lady Violet

Oh, I absolutely don't eat chocolate that I don't know is safe. It just is not worth how sick I get.I would definitely prefer to pay $$ for good chocolate that is safe for me to eat, than buy less expensive stuff and be sick.
Just wish that the stuff that was safe for me to eat sometimes came in more flavourful forms KWIM? So annoying to go into the chocolate shop, see 30-50 kinds of chocolates/creams/caramels and only be able to buy plain dark though.
Unread 03-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #1567
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Hope you feel better soon Laurie
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #1568
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening!
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #1569
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Oh, I absolutely don't eat chocolate that I don't know is safe. It just is not worth how sick I get.I would definitely prefer to pay $$ for good chocolate that is safe for me to eat, than buy less expensive stuff and be sick.
Just wish that the stuff that was safe for me to eat sometimes came in more flavourful forms KWIM? So annoying to go into the chocolate shop, see 30-50 kinds of chocolates/creams/caramels and only be able to buy plain dark though.
Trying to even think of where (if) we have a chocolate shop here. We used to have one but I can't remember if they went out of business or moved to a smaller store in another strip mall?
Unread 03-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #1570
CBC Lady Violet

Goodness! I don't think we have a mall here without one!Actually, the two closest malls to me both have two IIRC. One has a Purdy's & Laura Secord and the other has a Laura Secord and a Godiva. The one closest has the Purdy's, and that is the one that has a few things that I can have.
Unread 03-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #1571
CBC Lady Violet

Had stamp club tonight. I splurged & ordered more than the club requirement in order to get another SAB set. Not that I NEED it, but might as well take advantage of free stuff right?I ordered the watercolour/sketchy style lady set, the new watercolour pencils, and the new embossing folder. I've been eyeing that lady set since the catty came out, so bit the bullet and ordered it today.
Unread 03-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #1572
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

evidently you know you really live in the sticks when you find out there are whole stores devoted to chocolate... lol

I have never seen one anywhere. ( even when I travel) but, then that is not usually on my to do list when traveling either.

I know I have seen something ( maybe a factory ) off the side of the freeway in CA for Ghiridelli but, it has never been a reason for us to stop. ( they sell it in the grocery store here haha )
Unread 03-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #1573
CBC Lady Violet

Maybe Canadians eat more "specialty" chocolate than Americans? I can't imagine even a largish city without a chocolate store! They are everywhere here.
Every mall has at least one or two (usually one of or a combination of Purdy's, Laura Secord & Godiva), there are a couple of Lindt/Lindor stores in town, and there are any number of Mom & Pop/artisan chocolate shops. I just checked the local phone book (online!) and it lists 44 chocolate shops for my city.
Are y'all sure you don't want to come visit me now?
Unread 03-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #1574
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Send a message via AIM to tamijo

One of Jen's local malls has a godiva store!
Unread 03-22-2017, 07:04 AM   #1575
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

See, our Costco and Macy's sell Godiva chocolate ( and I still have to drive 80 miles one way to go into those stores in person) so, its not like its not here it's just not an exclusive thing. around here places advertise to fight to be your

one stop shopping place
Unread 03-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #1576
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Maybe Canadians eat more "specialty" chocolate than Americans? I can't imagine even a largish city without a chocolate store! They are everywhere here.
Every mall has at least one or two (usually one of or a combination of Purdy's, Laura Secord & Godiva), there are a couple of Lindt/Lindor stores in town, and there are any number of Mom & Pop/artisan chocolate shops. I just checked the local phone book (online!) and it lists 44 chocolate shops for my city.
Are y'all sure you don't want to come visit me now?
I thought that you were talking about a small/locally owned chocolate store that made the chocolate online. Our one mall does have a Gertrude Hawk chocolate store. I've never been in it though and don't think that they make the chocolate on-site. I think it's all rewrapped. None of the other malls have any chocolate stores around here.
Unread 03-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #1577
Stazon Splitcoast

OK I just reread what I wrote and there are a few errors, but there's no "edit" button for me to fix them?!

So for the errors and autocorrect everyone.
Unread 03-22-2017, 04:37 PM   #1578
CBC Lady Violet

Oy. Note to self: remember to turn on the heat when you come home. Forgot to turn on the heat when I got home, then sat down with my feet up to have a little something to eat while browsing the internets. So I got lost in what I was doing. Went to go to the washroom and realized I had gotten so chilled I was shivering! Now have the heat on, have put on a big fluffy sweater, and sitting under two blankets.........
Unread 03-22-2017, 05:50 PM   #1579
CBC Lady Violet

I was a naughty chickie today. I bought TWO chocolate bunnies. I have broken into one already and his ears are history and I am currently working on biting off his head. No idea why, but I am feeling oddly aggressive toward this poor, helpless, chocolate object!
Unread 03-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #1580
Stazon Splitcoast

Evening. Down to this cough that everyone says seems to hang on for a while. So tired of being sick.

Leslie - thank you. How have you been doing with your therapy? I've been thinking about you...
Unread 03-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #1581
Stazon Splitcoast

Funny you should mention no "edit" button. I was on a thread a while back where someone mentioned this, to which someone else commented that you can go back and edit your own posts, even without the "edit" button.

Find post you want to edit, click on the post # in the corner, and it should take you to the "edit" mode. I haven't tried it yet since I had forgot about it. Now I'm curious...

Edited: I looked at an older post and it seems to work.
Unread 03-24-2017, 06:38 AM   #1582
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

that works in most threads but, there are still some that editing powers only come from admins.
Unread 03-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #1583
Stazon Splitcoast

Kelly, Inky posted this on fb, thought you might enjoy it:

How to Turn a Box of Cake Mix into the Ultimate Easter Cookie Bars
Unread 03-25-2017, 07:34 AM   #1584
CBC Lady Violet

Well that was disappointing. Parentals came to help me install the curtain rod on the big window in the living room (it is 116 in. wide). I bought a curtain rod at BB&B last week that says it extends to everything from 88"-144". They lie or there are pieces missing - not sure which. Whichever it is, the max. the rod will extend to is 110", which is definitely shorter that the 118-120" extension I need. So will have to return it and get it exchanged.
Unread 03-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #1585
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

and even in its packaging that would not be a fun thing to lug around on the bus either. hopefully they have the right size on the shelf when you get there.
Unread 03-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #1586
CBC Lady Violet

Fortunately, SIL took me shopping when I bought it, and my Mom is going to take me to return it.
Unread 03-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #1587
CBC Lady Violet

Shew. Busy day - finally sitting with my feet up. Church, then SIL3 & I went to BB&B to exchange my curtain rod - turns out there was a whole pole section missing from the original one I had, which would explain why it was too short. The store associate opened up the whole thing and checked it for me before I took the new one home. Then to the pharmacy so I could load up on cold meds, as I appear to be coming down with one - developed a nasty cough yesterday. Then to my parents, and then off to my sister's for Punkin's birthday party - she is 8 already!I'm tired now. I don't think this cold has even hit full bore yet and it is already wearing me out.
Unread 03-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #1588
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

some of it may be time changes and spring allergies too though maybe? ( hopefully it doesn't last long) and YAY for them actually checking it for you
Unread 03-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #1589
CBC Lady Violet

This cough is driving me crazy. My ribs & abdominal area are aching from the intensity & frequency of the coughing. I'm also getting tired of drinking non-stop to try & ease the sore throat and coughing, and then having to run to the washroom every half hour. Ugh. I am taking medicine regularly and sucking throat lozenges, but it is that hour or two between when one dose wears off and the time you can take the next one that is killing me. I'm using it as an excuse to be a total couch potato, and am curled up in front of the tv with a blanket.
Unread 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #1590
CBC Lady Violet

Oh wow! Just saw an ad - Discovery is going to re-surrect Mythbusters! At least in some form.The ad was for a new show on the search for the next Mythbusters. From the 30seconds they aired, it looked like a contest show along the lines of "next food network star", with contestants vying to become the next Mythbusters.I think it said that it starts this Sunday.
Unread 03-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #1591
CBC Lady Violet

I have come to the conclusion that the neighbour next door is an idjit. It it night. It is dark. It is very, very foggy - I cannot even clearly see the houses across the street. I looked out my living room window a bit ago to see him coming up the street and turn into his driveway. Why does this make him an idjit you ask?
He was riding a bike. In the dark. On a foggy night. Wearing all black clothes. With no reflectors of any kind on said bicycle or anywhere on his person.
There was a car behind him and they were probably barely going 10, as it was most obvious they were trying to keep well back of him and keep him in their headlights so they didn't drive over him. As soon as he pulled into the driveway, they sped up to the speed limit and off they went.
Unread 03-28-2017, 06:19 AM   #1592
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

well, the bike not being reflective is dumb but, the clothes maybe it was not in the forecast to be foggy when he left during the day time. things happen, he may not watch the news.

I don't think anything I have for exercise is reflective. so, it generally impresses me when I do drive up behind someone with it. ( its rare to see here)

ha, there ya go... maybe he just moved into the city from the sticks

hope you are feeling better today.
Unread 03-28-2017, 02:17 PM   #1593
CBC Lady Violet

It is more unusual here for the bicycle itself to not at least have something reflective on the back of it. I personally if I am going to be out after dark try to at least wear something that is lighter in colour, so that I dont' appear as a black blob. There was a car behind teh cyclist, and they kept adjusting their direction so that he fell within their headlights and they could see him. He kept moving out of the light. I was very tempted to open my window & yell out "dude! They are trying to SEE you so they don't kill you!"
Cycling & cars is a big issue here and has been much in the news for some time. There has been a lot of hue & cry about cyclists being hit by motor vehicles and special bicycle only lanes being built etc. The problem is that the other side of the coin is that there are many cyclists who do not follow the rules of the road, and put themselves & others in harm's way by doing so. There have been quite a few accidents where the motor vehicle driver was found to be not at fault. I think the motor vehicle drivers do need to be cautious and of course be watching for cyclists. But I also think cyclists need to help themselves, and that includes making themselves visible & following the rules of the road.

Coughing is actually worse today. Yesterday the medication gave me some relief, but today not. I nearly called in sick to work. Stopped at the pharmacy on the way home (the one that is within walking distance of my office has the most awesome pharmacist) and talked to the pharmacist. Turns out the medication I was taking was for a specific kind of cough that is not the kind I have. Pharmacist recommended something else, so I purchased that. Just took some about 20 minutes ago, so hopefully it kicks in soon and minimizes my symptoms a bit. In truth, I sound much, much worse than I actually feel, so that is good.
Unread 03-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #1594
CBC Lady Violet

So weird. Watching a show and they are interviewing this guy that has something to do with motorcycles. Dude is bald all over the head & shaved - except large defined sideburns & a soul patch on the chin. Very odd looking.
Unread 03-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #1595
CBC Lady Violet

ROFL! Just saw an ad for the next new episode of a particular, well-known, prime-time show. Why is this funny or significant? They were advertising the FALL finale.
Unread 03-28-2017, 05:32 PM   #1596
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

yes, we have a whole lanes of "bike lanes" between the right hand lane and the sidewalks here, (not on every street yet but, the major ones) the problem is... not all the cyclists follow the rules of the road.
I have had one decide to cut across 4 lanes in front of a vehicle ( I was a passenger in) at the time without looking and I am thankful to this day I was not driving at the time because, I think I would have killed the guy.
but, most of them are wearing helmets and using hand signals for turns ( which is nice )

bikes in the road freak me out.
Unread 03-28-2017, 05:50 PM   #1597
CBC Lady Violet

Why do pharmaceutical companies make all the liquid medicines in disgusting fake cherry flavour?
Unread 03-29-2017, 09:35 AM   #1598
Stazon Splitcoast

Hope you are feeling better. Sounds similar to what I had last week...three days of a fever, then days and days of coughing. I had asked which medicine to take as well because the time before I was using the wrong kind. I even got out my inhaler but it didn't make a difference. Now I just have a little bit of an occasional cough. At least you know it should eventually be gone.

We usually get the grape flavor, but either one is terrible. lol
Unread 03-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #1599
CBC Lady Violet

I'll take fake grape over the fake cherry. The grape I don't particularly like, but I can tolerate. The cherry I have trouble not gagging getting the stuff down. Unfortunately whatever this is that I bought only came in cherry.
Unread 03-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #1600
CBC Lady Violet

Ugh. I don't know what this bug is that I got, but I sincerely hope no one else gets it. The last 24 hours have been very yucky. I was a bit snuffly before, but yesterday afternoon/evening, my sinuses all clogged up and I had the worst sinus headache & pressure. I steamed myself over the sink a couple of times to try & help it drain. Since I was already taking meds for the cough, I didn't want to add anything else to the mix. Then I woke up in the wee sma's this morning really sick - lightheaded, dizzy, nauseous, the works. Missed watching almost all the skating this morning as I was pretty much horizontal. Texted family & SIL3 played personal shopper for me and brought me gingerale, apples etc. She also brought me a bouquet of flowers. Pink & white & purple of course! After much napping this morning and also a gingerale, I am feeling a lot better. Dizziness, nausea & lightheadedness seems to be gone. Sinuses are still giving me issues, and I am still coughing quite a bit but I am crossing my fingers that I am through the worst of it and hopefully now on the upswing.