Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #161
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
Hi girls. I saw the bariatric surgeon today. I don't think I'm having any surgery. He did not make me feel good. Basically told me he would do the lapband, but didn't expect it would work. I left, got in the car and started crying. I don't think that is a sign that I should go ahead with it! I have no idea how I'm going to lose all this weight - I can't seem to stick with anything, but this doctor did not make me feel good at all. I'm going to call my regular doctor tomorrow and talk with her some more. She is understanding, listens and I like HER!

I think Bill is disappointed because I know he wants me to lose the weight (not because I look bad, but because of my health - although I do look bad - LOL). He will support whatever I do/choose, but I think he was hoping I'd do this.

HUGS!

Someone in CE has lost 75 pounds on Weight Watchers.

It is the BEST overall lifestyle change way of eating IMO.

It is hard to really eat the alotted amount of points every day plus you get extra points every week and extra points for exercising after the first few weeks.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #162
Vintage Vixen

Oh Jo! How disappointing. I'm so sorry.

But you're right--you don't want to go into surgery without full confidence that your doctor is 100% behind it and will be supportive. You are better off finding a different doctor. Please don't give up hope! Talk to your regular doc and ask for a referral to someone else for a 2nd opinion.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #163
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Going to find something to eat,prop my feet up and read until time for all my programs tonight.

I think Grey's and Private Practice are show overs though.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #164
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
Oh Jo! How disappointing. I'm so sorry.

But you're right--you don't want to go into surgery without full confidence that your doctor is 100% behind it and will be supportive. You are better off finding a different doctor. Please don't give up hope! Talk to your regular doc and ask for a referral to someone else for a 2nd opinion.

What she^^^^said.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #165
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with you Granny- I think WW is the way to go. I just have trouble remembering to log in the points and such. Bill did say he would start meal planning with me if I wanted. I think we'll go through the WW list of things and do that. With spring/summer coming we can get a lot of fresh veggies, too.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #166
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
I'm baaaack.

The service was pretty traditional. My uncle's wife belongs to a Lutheran church so her pastor/priest conducted the service. He is a cute young guy but he embarrassed himself when he messed up the lyrics of "How Great Thou Art." He skipped the 3rd verse. So the 4th verse got sung twice.

The organist never missed a beat. LOL
That's one of my fave hymns. We actually had it sung at our wedding! My Grampie (who was my Grammie's 2nd husband, so my step-grandfather, but the ONLY grandfather I ever knew) sang in a group called the Mendelsohn's (did I spell that right?) and they sang that song. It was my Grammie's favorite hymn, too, so I wanted it to be a tribute to my Grampie, who had died a few years before I got married. We had other songs, too. And I think my SIL remembered the words. LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #167
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Hi girls. I saw the bariatric surgeon today. I don't think I'm having any surgery. He did not make me feel good. Basically told me he would do the lapband, but didn't expect it would work. I left, got in the car and started crying. I don't think that is a sign that I should go ahead with it! I have no idea how I'm going to lose all this weight - I can't seem to stick with anything, but this doctor did not make me feel good at all. I'm going to call my regular doctor tomorrow and talk with her some more. She is understanding, listens and I like HER!

I think Bill is disappointed because I know he wants me to lose the weight (not because I look bad, but because of my health - although I do look bad - LOL). He will support whatever I do/choose, but I think he was hoping I'd do this.
I'm so sorry! What was his reason for saying surgery wouldn't work? I know my brother had the bariatric thing done & he told me what he's heard or read is that it works better for men than women b/c we crave carbs & they can live on meat. Weird, huh? I'm really sorry he made you feel so bad, though. I think WW would at least be a positive way to lose weight with encouragement. Hugs!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #168
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Sounds like my brothers.
My brothers, too. Of course, one was a teenager when he died and you know how they eat! The other is the one who had the bariatric surgery last year. I think that's what it was. I may be all mixed up. I just know he could eat a house before his surgery. My nephew cracks me up. My bro. asked him once if he'd ever forgotten to eat lunch & he said, "No, but I've forgotten that I ate lunch & ate again." Bwahahahahahaha! Think I told y'all that before, but it cracks me up every time I think of it!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #169
Duchess of Dork

Update on urologist: I have to go on a low salt diet, have my calcium level & a parathyroid blood test tomorrow and cut back on dark drinks (ie coke) and chocolate and maybe even nuts & berries. THAT is nuts. I'm losing calcium through, well, through my kidneys! LOL! So, that's the scoop for now.

I'm tired. Natalie stayed with a friend while I went to the dr., but B. went with me. I still need to go pick up N. but am so tired.

Night dearies!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #170
Lil' RAD Taquito

The bariatric doc is p00p
Old 04-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #171
Lil' RAD Taquito

Lori, is B feeling better?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #172
Lil' RAD Taquito

I want to "learn" about couponing........
Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #173
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocalipsisR View Post
Lori, is B feeling better?
Aw, thanks for asking. Yes, she is. I wonder if she had a mild migraine. That's exactly where my pain was with the 2 I've had. I hope not. That would be AWFUL! Maybe it was a sinus issue. just glad she's okay!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:43 AM   #174
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Awake at 4:00. Finally got up at 5:00.

Already....

Put the dishes away
Quick wipe down of bathroom
Swept den,hall,bathroom and dining room
Straightened up pantry so groceries will fit
1 load of laundry in

AND....I am normally not out of bed until 15 more minutes.

I can see me crashing big time mid afternoon.

Last edited by Granny Hawkins; 04-15-2011 at 03:46 AM..
Old 04-15-2011, 03:48 AM   #175
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
I agree with you Granny- I think WW is the way to go. I just have trouble remembering to log in the points and such. Bill did say he would start meal planning with me if I wanted. I think we'll go through the WW list of things and do that. With spring/summer coming we can get a lot of fresh veggies, too.

To me it is the easiest to follow and still eat stuff you like.

They have a new program out that allows more "free" food.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:26 AM   #176
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Granny - I am sorry you were up so early! I had a hard time when my alarm went off at 6:30 this am. I think I hit snooze at least once without even realizing it! I had trouble falling asleep though. Still a lot going through my mind I ended up taking a Lunesta and even then, it was a good half hour or more before I finally drifted off.

But today is a new day. Have laundry to do and then I'm going to do some stamping. I know that will make me feel better. I think I'm going to get chicken out of the freezer because tonight will be a great night to grill. Tomorrow is the rain, get the grilling done tonight!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:02 AM   #177
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

[QUOTE=jor;18205564]Granny - I am sorry you were up so early! I had a hard time when my alarm went off at 6:30 this am. I think I hit snooze at least once without even realizing it! I had trouble falling asleep though. Still a lot going through my mind I ended up taking a Lunesta and even then, it was a good half hour or more before I finally drifted off.

But today is a new day. Have laundry to do and then I'm going to do some stamping. I know that will make me feel better. I think I'm going to get chicken out of the freezer because tonight will be a great night to grill. Tomorrow is the rain, get the grilling done tonight![/QUOTE]

I have thick pork chops that I was going to cook last night and didn't. They should be good and marinated....LOL
Old 04-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #178
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Update on urologist: I have to go on a low salt diet, have my calcium level & a parathyroid blood test tomorrow and cut back on dark drinks (ie coke) and chocolate and maybe even nuts & berries. THAT is nuts. I'm losing calcium through, well, through my kidneys! LOL! So, that's the scoop for now.

I'm tired. Natalie stayed with a friend while I went to the dr., but B. went with me. I still need to go pick up N. but am so tired.

Night dearies!

How are you going to do THAT?!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #179
Vintage Vixen

Morning!

I have a headache in my left eye.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #180
Vintage Vixen

TAQUITO.......

I learned on the Bob and Tom Show this morning that Ecuador is #1 in the world for plunger sales. Is this true???
Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #181
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

How are you going to do THAT?!

I don't know! I could give up gluten (and did) WAY easier than coke & chocolate! I think I'll go with "limiting" them for now. I'm no quitter after all! LOL!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #182
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
TAQUITO.......

I learned on the Bob and Tom Show this morning that Ecuador is #1 in the world for plunger sales. Is this true???
LOL! That is the funniest thing I've heard! They must have some powerful intestines that cause issues in the potty!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #183
Duchess of Dork

[QUOTE=Granny Hawkins;18205631]
Quote:
Granny - I am sorry you were up so early! I had a hard time when my alarm went off at 6:30 this am. I think I hit snooze at least once without even realizing it! I had trouble falling asleep though. Still a lot going through my mind I ended up taking a Lunesta and even then, it was a good half hour or more before I finally drifted off.

But today is a new day. Have laundry to do and then I'm going to do some stamping. I know that will make me feel better. I think I'm going to get chicken out of the freezer because tonight will be a great night to grill. Tomorrow is the rain, get the grilling done tonight![/QUOTE]

I have thick pork chops that I was going to cook last night and didn't. They should be good and marinated....LOL
YUM! What time is dinner?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #184
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

But today is a new day. Have laundry to do and then I'm going to do some stamping. I know that will make me feel better. I think I'm going to get chicken out of the freezer because tonight will be a great night to grill. Tomorrow is the rain, get the grilling done tonight!
Sorry you had trouble sleeping, but yes, today is a new day! THe Lord's mercies are new every morning. It's from Lamentations something! I'm so bad with references for verses. Have a GREAT day dear friend who must be my sister!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #185
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
LOL! That is the funniest thing I've heard! They must have some powerful intestines that cause issues in the potty!
They also said something about toilets not flushing on the equator, but I missed that part so I don't know if that is related to the plunger sales or not. LOL
Old 04-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #186
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Man! It is windy!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #187
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

[QUOTE=Chef Mama;18206528]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins View Post
YUM! What time is dinner?

If I don't forget them again 6:00PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #188
Vintage Vixen

Something I never need to go to: World Whistling Contest.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #189
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Something I never need to go to: World Whistling Contest.

SPEW!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #190
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
SPEW!
Our local news just had a story about said contest. I have never been a big fan of whistling ** and can't imagine having to sit there for hours listening to it, no matter how "good" the people are.

** The theme to The Andy Griffith Show is OK.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #191
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

My husband would LOVE to go to the whistling contest. He can whistle through his teeth and it really amazes people. They don't know where it is coming from! LOL

I still have a slight headache. Probably a combo of my being upset but also the weather changing again. It is a beautiful day but tomorrow we are to get heavy rain. Good day to stay inside and stmap, right?!?!??!

Miss I - thank you so much for the phone call last night. You are a great friend.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #192
Vintage Vixen

Hey Jo! I have a headache too. Not a migraine, just a regular headache. But 2 Advil didn't help so I just took 4 more and I'm drinking a Pepsi. I figured it's because of TTOTM and the weather. We're getting a cold rain and it's super windy. Dad hates it. Even my mom had to put sweat pants on today because she felt cold. LOL!

Glad we could chat for a little last night. We don't do it often enough! (I suppose we talk enough here; maybe we wouldn't have anything more to say? Baaaa ha a a hahaa! Right.)

My Cali brother went through a whistling phase when he was a kid. Drove me crazy.

I DON'T HAVE TO COOK DINNER TONIGHT! Yippee! Dad asked if we wanted to go to Hy-Vee for dinner. He wants to get the salad bar, but I might get a chicken dinner or something like that.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #193
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

The WIND has shook/shaken all the water out of the hummingbird feeders.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #194
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

My headache isn't a migraine either. Just a dull thing. But there. I took three Advil just now.

Bill came home early to mow the lawn since we are supposed to get heavy rain tomorrow. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #195
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
My headache isn't a migraine either. Just a dull thing. But there. I took three Advil just now.

Bill came home early to mow the lawn since we are supposed to get heavy rain tomorrow. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.

Me too.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #196
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
The WIND has shook/shaken all the water out of the hummingbird feeders.
Has shaken.

And bummer.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #197
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

YEA! On not having to cook. I have to do these pork chops but they pretty much cook themselves. I will bake them and only turn them once. I will just fix a simple side and some bread.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #198
Vintage Vixen

Quote:

OH OH! Speaking of mowing the lawn...

My cousin David works at the same place as the T&O neighbor's son. Mr. Wig was talking to David at the visitation (it was his dad who passed away), and David told him that every time my dad starts the lawn mower, T&O has to tell him about it.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #199
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
Has shaken.

And bummer.

TKS!

So....

The wind shook?

but

The wind has shaken?
Old 04-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #200
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:
OH OH! Speaking of mowing the lawn...

My cousin David works at the same place as the T&O neighbor's son. Mr. Wig was talking to David at the visitation (it was his dad who passed away), and David told him that every time my dad starts the lawn mower, T&O has to tell him about it.

TOO funny!